The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The title of Earl, the one which he was fully entitled to, is the one I was referring to. The title of Prince isn't supposed to go down as far as the great-grandson of the monarch, so Archie wouldn't be entitled to that one. But Harry and Meghan didn't want him to be known by any title....same as Princess Anne's children didn't have a title, but there weren't titles like Earl available for them to which they would have been automatically entitled to use.

All I meant was that not only was Archie further down the hierarchy of those in line to the throne, his parents also chose to not give him any title. I just think these are more reasons why their decision to not do the hospital steps after the birth isn't really such an awful or disrespectful decision? Maybe Diana thought it would be a nice thing to do for the public when she gave birth to her children, who were closer to the succession of the throne? But was it really necessary for Meghan to do the same thing for Archie?

Just to add, Lets not forget about Prince Edward.

Prince Edward did not become a Duke upon his marriage as is the custom ( iirc he declined a dukedom) but chose to become an Earl instead

Prince Edward and his wife also chose not to bestow the title of Prince and Princess onto their children, titles they were entitled to as the male line grandchildren of a monarch and children of a Prince.

"on the day that the Earl and Countess of Wessex married, an announcement from Buckingham Palace said:

The Queen has also decided, with the agreement of The Prince Edward and Miss Rhys-Jones, that any children they might have should not be given the style His or Her Royal Highness, but would have courtesy titles as sons or daughters of an Earl."

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Princ...-of-the-Monarch-and-children-of-a-Prince-also

From your link:

Prince Charles is 'hurt' by Harry and Meghan's decision to quit as senior royals because he has secretly given them millions to fund their lavish lifestyle and furnish their Windsor home in a show of 'love' for the couple since they married 20 months ago, it was claimed today.

Harry's father has reportedly tapped into private income from his £1.2billion Duchy of Cornwall estate to support the Sussexes because he was desperate to keep them happy in the UK and particularly to support Meghan after she moved to Britain from Toronto.

Imo, MM is a most unhappy, ungrateful, disrespectful, greedy woman. She has so much more than she did before marrying. What else can they give her? A private jet, I suppose. I’m smh and finding her more unlike LE by the minute. Moo
Please just ignore these type of articles :cool:

This how it's meant to be - It's A 'Trust' Land donated from the 'Crown Estate' centuries ago specifically for 'The Prince of Wales' < or simpler way to explain - Reigning Monarchs eldest son - The Heir>

I should've just done this in the first place :p

logo.png

The Duchy of Cornwall is a private estate established by Edward III in 1337 to provide independence to his son and heir, Prince Edward. A charter ruled that each future Duke of Cornwall would be the eldest surviving son of the Monarch and heir to the throne.

:D That's the whole point of 'The Duchy of Cornwall'!

Last edited:
But Diana created that tradition, while breaking the old tradition. It’s not that big a deal. You don’t see pictures of Elizabeth or her mother on the actual day of the births of their children (at least not that I can find).

Yes, plus Diana was really young, too. It’s a terrible tradition that should be canned. Imo.

I thought Harry excitedly reporting outside the stable was perfect.

I do too, lol. Not so fun. Bet Kate finds it hard to eat right with so many social functions.
It’ll be interesting to see if little Charlotte has Kate’s petite frame. She is the cutest thincg ever. Moo
It is all about moderation. I don't feel guilty splurging during events then get back on track again. It is life... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa