Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted upthread a couple of times a statement by a reporter that said LE had a pretty good handle on what happened & have for some time. Just waiting for test results. This reporter seemed to know what she was talking about.
But if they have a pretty good handle on what happened then how do they not know where there suspect is?
Or do they know where he is but Are being nice and allowing him the opportunity to turn himself in? Moo

I was just trying to sort that out myself. This statement “We have evidence the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street in Brighton" only brings up more questions as to how you can have evidence that someone died at a particular location when at the same time LE is saying there wasn't any physical trauma to her body that would have caused her death. Normally I would immediately suspect there might have been enough blood evidence on the scene to indicate whoever lost the blood did not survive. That does happen, but obviously not in this case, due to the lack of physical trauma comment. So... I'm at a loss.
The only thing I can think of is a Fitbit, it could show location and heart rate depending on how you set it up.

But if they have a pretty good handle on what happened then how do they not know where there suspect is?
Or do they know where he is but Are being nice and allowing him the opportunity to turn himself in? Moo

Jumping off this, if they stated that they think he sexually assaulted and murdered Paighton, they may think he may be less likely to turn himself with murder charges pending, maybe. Of course, again, COD and tox will be vital here.

ETA: My opinion is that they do NOT know where he is.

Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.
^^sbbm

I believe the suspect FH initially being held on suspicion of kidnapping is a very good hint that the suspect may also be charged with the murder of PH as soon as autopsy/toxicology tests confirm PH's cause of death. I think investigators will allege FH supplied an illicit substance to PH that resulted in PH's death.

Important to recognize that the legal definition of Kidnapping essentially comes down to the victim was held while she was still breathing, and is almost always coupled with murder charges as an aggravator.

In Alabama, an individual that supplies an illicit drug that results in death may be charged with murder.

MOO

ETA: Important fact is PH's body was not yet recovered when the suspect was detained and released.

Last edited:

They had a pretty good handle on what happened. Doesn't mean they know where all the actors are at this moment. FWIW I've never heard of a nationwide manhunt for a suspect wanted for abuse of a corpse. jmo

Jumping off this, if they stated that they think he sexually assaulted and murdered Paighton, they may think he may be less likely to turn himself with murder charges pending, maybe. Of course, again, COD and tox will be vital here.

ETA: My opinion is that they do NOT know where he is.
I know. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since there was claim they had a handle on things. And if that’s the case you don’t lose your #1 suspect.

Thinking out loud, it seems at least a main part of the story is turning it to be true which is the existence of a black male.

Considering this has turned out to be true, then it can be logically implied that perhaps the other parts of the account may be true as well, which are:

1) She appeared to leave willingly.

2) There were TWO men.

I don't believe they know where he is. I believe he would have been in custody before the press conference if they did. JMO

I don't believe they know where he is. I believe he would have been in custody before the press conference if they did. JMO

I'm betting who he raped thinks otherwise and since he's out doing who knows what to who knows whom, I don't think the 20 helped too much. MOO

Rape law in Alabama - Wikipedia
I mean, unless we just want to give life sentences to rape offenses, I'm not sure how much higher than 20 years we should go. This is especially a problem with rape convictions that occurred in prior decades, when the chances of a false conviction are fairly high, especially if the defendant is a black male.

A main question I have at this time is IF this is an OD, or some sort of accidental death, heart, etc, then perhaps his criminal history of what sounds like violent sexual assault is a mere coincidence. I find this very hard to believe considering what I know about see offenders, but thinking about this nonetheless. We do know that crazy coincidences can exist, but again, it’s very hard to not consider the fact he’s a violent sexual offender as a big piece of the puzzle.

Secondly, I had given some specific reasons as to why someone may panic and bury an OD victim. One of the possibilities I included was the person having a prior criminal history and being afraid of going to back to jail. Additionally, another poster mentioned that if there is a black male, the person may be very fearful about being found with a white woman’s body.

Until we get COD and Tox, a defense Attorney could have hey day with this case. I think the inability to initially file kidnapping charges is some indication of this.

There is a man in custody in the Jefferson County jail that has the same last name of the suspect, fits the description and lives within a few miles of all the house where LE reported that she died and the house she was buried. He was arrested on 1/7/2020. Suspect also has brothers that are on the sex offender registry.

Except for police in charge of the investigation spoke to the public on 1/16/20 stating that the suspect FH was released on 12/28/19 after 48-hour hold and is currently at large!

Just had some time checking out the churches in the area, no particular reason. I just found it amazing how many there are right there on McClain street, and nearby.

I would surmise the local community is predominantly black.

It would not be beyond the scope of my speculation that she may have left the bar with 2 black men, yet a third that is currently wanted, and charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member