Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly... but a squealy druggie isn't really evidence, is it?

Wow - this thread is flying!

Still trying to catch up, so apologies if this thought has already been brought up, but MOO, they were probably able to tie the sheet (or whatever it actually was she was buried in) back to the home forensically. They were probably able to tie it to the vehicle that was used to transport her as well...

Its sounding like to me that the co-worker is going to join the club with Shane Carey, as one who has been wrongly accused in the public’s eye.

Again, there is nothing wrong with examining the last known to see the victim, and those that are close to her and work outwards, etc., as this is 101 in any investigation. However, imo it’s looking to me that the coworker has absolutely ZERO to do with this. She’s taken a LOT of heat, here, and on SM, etc, and imo, quite unjustly. Shane Carey, well he was a little different, even Tim Miller thought things were hinky with him. Anyway, not insulting anyone here personally, but rather just noting once again how important it is to be careful here in these investigations. Innocent until proven guilty.

ETA: I believe it was @ChuckInHouston who said this was a “slippery slope”.

Last edited:
One thought: why specifically today to announce this? Test results come through? DNA?
Great question. I think they have something found at the site with his DNA on it that confirms he was involved. They didn't have when arrested and he must have not cooperated with LE at that time at all. I would love to know how long he's been mia and if LE was watching him after they let him out in December.

Ambiguous at best! At best! I am trying to go by sources here and 2 accounts if LE made a statement when asked if the suspect was consider armed or dangerous, one account was no, and another no answer.

Not enough evidence or proof of kidnapping, a release, and he obviously was not put on surveillance. We all know lawyers, insiders, and people of prominence know of insider info not released.

Anyone on this board familiar with Alabama 'Good Ole Boys Club,' seen in older cities and areas where the connections and bonds run deeper?

We have a ambiguous press conference of a suspect at large with a shady past who may connect dots that could make others reputations look bad and even if lying to LE is the only charge, false statements, which will always fuel conspiracy theories and speculation, how far out would it be for people with power to make this suspect go away permenantly? Real permanent, as in, also buried and dead. No suspect, key to case, it is likely to be dropped, imo.

That’s where I am, too.

Paighton’s body was found two weeks ago tomorrow. With his criminal history and current status as a registered sex offender, I’m wondering if LE already had Hampton’s DNA in a database. And if so, perhaps when they ran samples from evidence found at the scene and the victim, his profile came back as a match, finally allowing the authorities to issue a warrant for his arrest. MOO

I think just the opposite -- investigators found PH's DNA at the residence on McClain in Brighton and believe this is where she died.

Investigators allege the suspect transported her body to Bessemer residence where he buried her in the backyard. I think there are many things not limited to DNA that may have linked FH's to PH's death. MOO

I posted upthread that a tip that led to her discovery most likely came from someone that knew a poi LE had identified. It could of come from police interviews of associates of the poi. We now know LE had FH as a target before her body was found. Makes sense LE would talk to known associates asking them where he might dispose of a body. A reward didn't hurt.

Interesting that LE believes FH could be in either Alabama or Georgia. How long could someone like him really be on the lam with his mug posted everywhere? LE didn't mention a make/model of a car that he would be expected to be in, so I wonder if he doesn't have a car?

My guess is someone like him hasn't strayed further than 10 miles from Brighton, AL. Sounds like he has a lot of family there, and if he doesn't have a lot of money he's going to need someone to hide him.

Its sounding like to me that the co-worker is going to join the club with Shane Carey, as one who has been wrongly accused in the public’s eye.

Again, there is nothing wrong with examining the last known to see the victim, and those that are close to her and work outwards, etc., as this is 101 in any investigation. However, imo it’s looking to me that the coworker has absolutely ZERO to do with this. She’s taken a LOT of heat, here, and on SM, etc, and imo, quite unjustly. Shane Carey, well he was a little different, even Tim Miller thought things were hinky with him. Anyway, not insulting anyone here personally, but rather just noting once again how important it is to be careful here in these investigations. Innocent until proven guilty.

ETA: I believe it was @ChuckInHouston who said this was a “slippery slope”.

Imo, with prominent players, political affiliations, politics, etc., plus pressure placed on LE from these sources, they would completely clear a person, if they absolutely were positive they were 100 percent innocent. Especially doing so at this press release. Why not? This is my question. We have had suspects not simply witnesses, who still seem suspect, who have been publicly cleared by LE, and much sooner!

Let’s think for a minute about the fact that it was stated somewhere that she was dirty dancing with a man. If this is true then we know that she was probably inebriated way before she left with the men and it only gets worse the more drinks you have. I have been so drunk before that I have left a bar a lone in the middle of a dangerous city and also took someone else’s coat and cell
Phone unknowingly thinking it was mine and I didn’t even own a cell phone at the time. My point in saying all this is to share the fact that it doesn’t have to be hard drugs that make you do stupid things like leave with men you don’t know alcohol can also affect your judgement until it’s too late. It doesn’t mean she’s a drug addict. I wasn’t an alcoholic but I did like to go out and have fun from time to time and drink way too much.
I'd like to read this account. Can you please provide a link. TIA.

Interesting that LE believes FH could be in either Alabama or Georgia. How long could someone like him really be on the lam with his mug posted everywhere? LE didn't mention a make/model of a car that he would be expected to be in, so I wonder if he doesn't have a car?

My guess is someone like him hasn't strayed further than 10 miles from Brighton, AL. Sounds like he has a lot of family there, and if he doesn't have a lot of money he's going to need someone to hide him.
I think the Sheriff's office may already know that the suspect traveled to Georgia, and waiting for him to be apprehended by Georgia LE -- followed by his extradition to AL. I also don't think the timing of this presser was a coincidence. I also think the reporter that brought up Georgia was satisfying info already leaked on the street. MOO

Last edited:
When is taking a car ride in the middle of the night with two strange men you just met at a bar ever kosher or an ordinary thing?

True, plus by looking at the areas and houses, imo, a majority of African Americans would not leave with the same sort, or characters, white, black, green, etc., and no hesitation replying with a,"h*ll no," if asked, just an opinion, I am not AA.

Can you give your opinion as having been a long time corrections officer, why would Alabama LE take any chances, especially liability, a suit against department, city, etc., by mentioning they believe he is not armed and dangerous and the suspect has a serious offense, prior? Wouldn't, "he could be armed and dangerous," a safer route to go, more importantly if another person's safety is compromised during an arrest or sighting?
I agree they should list him as dangerous, because he most definitely is. As to why they didn't I don't know.
They are extremely tight lipped in this case, but I know firsthand how dangerous T
they can be and the games they play are deadly serious. Having said that, I am sure they have their reasons for being tight lipped and are going this route.

I mean, unless we just want to give life sentences to rape offenses, I'm not sure how much higher than 20 years we should go. This is especially a problem with rape convictions that occurred in prior decades, when the chances of a false conviction are fairly high, especially if the defendant is a black male.

I guess I have to listen to this. At least Susan Smith isn't being brought up any more. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member