Found Deceased CA - Alex Holden, 25, Sacramento, 31 Dec 2019

Marlei Martinez on Twitter
Alex Holden's father tells me he is confident that the body found along the American River bike trail today is his son. He says detectives and the coroner's office called him, saying they recovered his son's passport and debit card. He said the clothing matched as well.
EPRDnZKVAAEdDho.jpg

10:06 PM - 27 Jan 2020
Sorry to quote myself but the tweet below follows in the same thread as the one above and I want to keep them together for context. MOO

Marlei Martinez on Twitter
This development comes after a body was found near Highway 160 and the American River bike trail around 3P according to police.
EPRGDtLU0AAE_V_.jpg
EPRGDtOUwAEmsZ3.jpg

10:16 PM - 27 Jan 2020

I've been poring over the map and it doesn't look like the trail is close enough to the water at any point for him to have washed up. So, he's been on the trail this whole time and there's no foul play?

And wouldn't that trail have been the one thing that would have been searched from start to finish?

I'm so confused and so very, very sad for Alex and for all who loved him.
This sort of thing happens a lot. Bodies turn up in previously searched locations.

You’re talking about a fairly large area, and it can be easy to miss a body (even with trained dogs, as we’ve seen several times recently).

I did think he was probably in the water, but this location makes sense too.

Instead of drowning, I’m wondering if he succumbed to exposure.

I've been poring over the map and it doesn't look like the trail is close enough to the water at any point for him to have washed up. So, he's been on the trail this whole time and there's no foul play?

And wouldn't that trail have been the one thing that would have been searched from start to finish?

I'm so confused and so very, very sad for Alex and for all who loved him.
I watched a YouTube video of a guy jumping off of the Pipes Bridge that is the river crossing for bikes and pedestrians near where Alex was found.

It was recorded in warm weather with the river looking low. In late December the American River was probably running high flows that would carry a person downstream towards the Sacramento River.

I don't think Alex jumped or fell from the bridge. JMO

This sort of thing happens a lot. Bodies turn up in previously searched locations.

You’re talking about a fairly large area, and it can be easy to miss a body (even with trained dogs, as we’ve seen several times recently).

I did think he was probably in the water, but this location makes sense too.

Instead of drowning, I’m wondering if he succumbed to exposure.
It was about 40 degrees that morning so it was cold. How do the homeless who camp there survive?

It's been a long day and I'm having a hard time processing exactly how he could have died.

It was about 40 degrees that morning so it was cold. How do the homeless who camp there survive?

It's been a long day and I'm having a hard time processing exactly how he could have died.

Alcohol is the wildcard here. I remember finding myself in some pretty dangerous predicaments when I was his age.

I definitely don’t think this is foul play, and suicide seems unlikely, so some sort of accidental event is what I’m strongly leaning towards.

The temperature gives me pause in regards to exposure though. So I dunno.

Most of the homeless here have either tents or tarps. We have huge drives to provide hats, coats, scarves etc. every winter.

Since today's canvassing event was held in South Natomas, I wonder who found him?

Most of the homeless here have either tents or tarps. We have huge drives to provide hats, coats, scarves etc. every winter.

Since today's canvassing event was held in South Natomas, I wonder who found him?
I wonder as well. I have so many questions. And the biggest is how a finding of "no foul play" is made so quickly.

I'm hoping we'll have some answers in a few days. Hug the ones you love tonight - good night, y'all!

I wonder as well. I have so many questions. And the biggest is how a finding of "no foul play" is made so quickly.

I'm hoping we'll have some answers in a few days. Hug the ones you love tonight - good night, y'all!
They said that there were “no signs of foul play.”

That’s tentative, and will obviously be corroborated via autopsy. That could change, but I’m not expecting it to.

KCRA says this about who found Alex.

The Sacramento Police Department said they found a body near Highway 160 and the American River Bike Trail around 3 p.m.

Did someone call them first or did they find him during a search that they were conducting?

Family of Alex Holden 'confident' body found in Sacramento is him

They said that there were “no signs of foul play.”

That’s tentative, and will obviously be corroborated via autopsy. That could change, but I’m not expecting it to.
Exactly. LE has just begun their investigation on the scene of discovery and the coroner needs to do an autopsy before foul play can be totally ruled out. JMO.

Exactly. LE has just begun their investigation on the scene of discovery and the coroner needs to do an autopsy before foul play can be totally ruled out. JMO.

Wondering if it was obviously suicide, such as hanging.
What a tragedy. My heart goes out to his family, friends & his girlfriend, who must be suffering greatly.

Rest in Peace young Alex.

Are there dense trees in this area? One way to immediately suspect no foul play is to find him in a position that tends toward suicide. Or an accidental overdose based on other information they have.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back