Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, stepfather found* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Lori had a friend there who helped with rentals and such. Just a thought.
This is high season in Hawaii. Many rentals are booked a year in advance or more. So they might be squeezing into calendar holes. I did that for several months when I moved here while the house I owned was still leased to someone else. I actually don't find it unusual. Lots of long term visitors and new arrivals do that.

Also, many if not most resorts have entertainment every night so they may have just been going to check out a local entertainer. I could not find anything for that resort on an event calendar but that's also not unusual. A lot of stuff here you just "know" because a) so and so is always at *advertiser censored* every other Sunday or b) you saw a poster. Or they could have been meeting someone (lawyer, friends, unindicted co-conspirators, fishing boat captain...), we'll probably never know!

what are they smiling about? what is so funny about her children being missing?

If she has tucked her kids away safely with a trusted friend to avoid the drama I could understand being amused at all the worry from the public. Not something I would delight in but I'm not a god.

I actually think the kids are safe, maybe wishful thinking. But I do think they are both guilty of getting rid of their spouses. So basically, no compassion for them but something just doesn't add up!

Not a quote I would expect from their attorney. :eek:

It's not in the print story, but in the video report she says, "Now this morning I spoke with Vallow and Daybell's attorney who told me, Sean Bartholick who's here in Rexbug, who told me he's still in communication with Vallow even though she is in Hawaii. He was unable to tell me whether or not she planned on presenting the kids. And that he didn't know where the kids were or if they were even alive."

Police confirm Vallow search warrant served - Local News 8

Wow! The last sentence.

BBM. I think that's possible and I also think it's possible that Tylee ran away (wouldn't exactly be running away if she truly is emancipated or has resources) before the search and all the rest started. Early September, maybe. Based on things she said, I thought she might have gone to Hawaii, but LE said there's no sign of her there.

Yeah, that's the problem... I can see her being coaxed/led by her own instincts to follow JJ; but where she really wanted to be, everything else being equal, was HI not AZ.

Wow! The last sentence.

Yeah, but... I don't think Bartholick presented it that way. I think she asked the questions, and he said either "Yup/Nope"; or possibly "I cannot comment on that", after the questions she posed. I don't think he said the fateful combination "hey, lady, for all I know these kids are deceased"; which is not nearly so bad a situation in lawyer-speak.

27 Jan 2020

[...]

Lori’s former sister-in-law, Kay Woodcock, says she had guessed the Daybells were in Hawaii but was not sure until she saw video of EastIdahoNews.com approaching them at the Kauai Beach Resort.

It is Lori’s favorite place on the island, according to Woodcock, and in February 2019, Lori and Tylee checked into the resort after Charles Vallow, Lori’s husband, filed for divorce. They stayed for around a month, according to resort workers, and then returned to the mainland.

Woodcock was surprised when she learned last summer that Lori was moving to Rexburg.

“She is a very cold-natured person. When she moved to Idaho, I thought that was extremely unusual because if it’s below 80 degrees, she’s cold. She’s got a jacket on,” Woodcock tells EastIdahoNews.com.

After Lori and Chad were served with warrants Sunday, they refused to answer questions posed by EastIdahoNews.com for nearly three minutes. Lori carried the warrant in her hand along with a gallon sized Ziploc bag containing a wad of cash.

“Maybe they were headed to the airport to get out,” Woodcock says, wondering if suitcases were in their vehicle.

The Daybells kept a low profile on Kauai Monday, but many people on the island were discussing the case after EastIdahoNews.com’s video went viral and multiple news agencies around the world aired the footage.

Woodcock and her husband, Larry, booked airline tickets and will be in Rexburg later this week. They hope Lori Daybell shows up with Tylee and Joshua.

“The only way we’ve been able to get through this is we have very strong faith in God,” Woodcock says. “We have a very strong support army of friends and family and everybody that has emailed or texted – plus perfect strangers that are so compassionate.”

Chad and Lori Daybell have been in Hawaii over 2 months in gated million-dollar community | East Idaho News

-------
Now we know where Lori was in Feb when Charles couldn't find her to serve her with divorce papers. MOO.

I think that was his one mistake. I think he was talking about Kay, who is her former sister in law / JJ’s grandmother, not Lori’s mom. I am not aware of Lori’s mother ever publicly stating anything.

edited to add agreement with others theory that Nate might have been misspeaking on purpose to solicit a response.

I really wanted Nate to ask Lori about Alex. Isn’t she upset that her brother died?

So what if....

- Tylee and JJ both witnessed CV's murder
- Tylee ran off with JJ to protect both of them
- Lori truly does not know where they are because they are hiding from her
- Lori is protecting Tylee from kidnapping and other charges
- And OMG, what if Tylee actually fired the shots and AC/LV are covering for her?

So much we are assuming but don't know!

So what if....

- And OMG, what if Tylee actually fired the shots and AC/LV are covering for her?

I’m not a fan of that theory.

These kids are almost certainly too young to pull something like that off, and it just doesn’t seem to fit with Lori and Chad’s behavior.

If they’re protecting anyone, I think it’s themselves.

I don't know anyone who encrypts their phone. Unless you are doing something illegal, secret or confidential, what is the benefit?

Ah yes, the 'Nothing to hide' fallacy.

Bruce Schneier, a computer security expert and cryptographer, expressed opposition, citing Cardinal Richelieu's statement "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged", referring to how a state government can find aspects in a person's life in order to prosecute or blackmail that individual. Schneier also argued "Too many wrongly characterize the debate as 'security versus privacy.' The real choice is liberty versus control."

Edward Snowden: "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."

a government can leak information about a person and cause damage to that person, or use information about a person to deny access to services even if a person did not actually engage in wrongdoing, and that a government can cause damage to one's personal life through making errors. "When engaged directly, the nothing-to-hide argument can ensnare, for it forces the debate to focus on its narrow understanding of privacy. But when confronted with the plurality of privacy problems implicated by government data collection and use beyond surveillance and disclosure, the nothing-to-hide argument, in the end, has nothing to say."

I for one, care about my privacy, not because I'm doing illegal stuff, but because who knows what will be considered wrong or illegal in the future?

So what if....

They likely did witness it since they were about to leave for school.

Tylee is underage, I don't think it is likely she is supporting a child with special needs on her own.

If Tylee took her brother and he has not been reported as missing/kidnapped then there is no kidnapping charge to protect her from and assuming she did do that the police would first assume they are runaways and at that point, they would bring in social services to find out why.

I think that is far fetched that Tylee shot anyone, but it is possible.

Last edited:

Bruce Schneier, a computer security expert and cryptographer, expressed opposition, citing Cardinal Richelieu's statement "If one would give me six lines written by the hand of the most honest man, I would find something in them to have him hanged", referring to how a state government can find aspects in a person's life in order to prosecute or blackmail that individual. Schneier also argued "Too many wrongly characterize the debate as 'security versus privacy.' The real choice is liberty versus control."

Edward Snowden: "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say."

"When you say, ‘I have nothing to hide,’ you’re saying, ‘I don’t care about this right.’ You’re saying, ‘I don’t have this right, because I’ve got to the point where I have to justify it.’ The way rights work is, the government has to justify its intrusion into your rights."

a government can leak information about a person and cause damage to that person, or use information about a person to deny access to services even if a person did not actually engage in wrongdoing, and that a government can cause damage to one's personal life through making errors. "When engaged directly, the nothing-to-hide argument can ensnare, for it forces the debate to focus on its narrow understanding of privacy. But when confronted with the plurality of privacy problems implicated by government data collection and use beyond surveillance and disclosure, the nothing-to-hide argument, in the end, has nothing to say."

I for one, care about my privacy, not because I'm doing illegal stuff, but because who knows what will be considered wrong or illegal in the future?

Yeah, I think I've told this story before, in reference to teens not fully understanding "The Internet is forever"; but, once upon a time, I used to take part in a few Usenet groups (late 90s).

At the time, I was in my early 20s.

Believe me, I thought I understood "The Internet is forever"; and thought I stood behind everything I said, and would never be embarrassed of it. "I speak well," I thought. "Anyone could show this to my parents and I wouldn't be ashamed of posting it. Besides, this group is so small, who could actually find what I said interesting enough to repost it anywhere?"

Well, that was before Sergey Brin and Larry Page decided it would be just a snazzy idea to buy the entire output of Usenet and back it up on Google servers, for research purposes, so that anyone could access it; and from which your name would be traceable in Google searches. :mad::oops:

Yeah, there was still nothing actively wrong with what I'd said online; but yeah, you can certainly understand in retrospect why nobody from "alt.furry.fur" or its equivalent (not a real interest of mine, lol) was going to want their history of Furry postings available to every employer for the rest of their entire lives who chooses to Google their name... It was a whole mess if you wanted to undo it. You needed to have maintained access to the email address you used to post these comments 15+ years ago, so you could now prove you owned these posts (I did not have such a thing); and I don't even know what-all.

Or more simply, if you think you have nothing to hide, respond (privately of course) with your:
- SSN
- Bank name, login, password, and PIN
- DOB
- Mother's maiden name
- email address
- and every password you have ever used

You don't send those things because they are your secrets. But everytime you use an unencrypted internet connection at home, work, or in public you are freely sharing those secrets with me. You've just been lucky that I'm not a criminal.

We all have things to hide! We all need to use encryption. Failing to do so endangers everyone.

Last edited:
I’m not a fan of that theory.
It's not actually my theory, just saying we have no real evidence to dispute it.

Tylee grew up in Arizona and Texas. I'm quite certain she has been around guns. If CV was being rough with Mom, she could very well have grabbed AC's gun.

Honestly, I don't think if that is what happened her demeanor would be what it was in the bodycam footage so I'm not pitching this theory. Just saying that we are operating on very few facts and other theories could easily fit what we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member