Found Deceased TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, murdered, baby stolen, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 *friend charged* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering why MF would have taken her phone with her to Austin. I suspect it is proof she needed to phone Heidi when she got there, from the same number Heidi would recognise, which seems to me to be evidence which backs up that she and Heidi did speak on the phone that morning, as she told Tim Miller.
I've always had doubts that she told Tim Miller the truth about that. I think it's rumor category.
At the time she was busy trying to place the focus on SC. I simply disbelieve her and it's unlikely he had received access to her phone records.
He found her to be credible.
Most people did which suggests she was quite an accomplished liar, as well.

I read it on this thread. Someone said HB's family must have feared a ransom to be paid.

Could the Fund Me appeared on Facebook ?

Maybe someone comes here to confirm or not my memories.
Oh, are they wealthy?

I read it on this thread. Someone said HB's family must have feared a ransom to be paid.

Could the Fund Me appeared on Facebook ?

Maybe someone comes here to confirm or not my memories.

I don't recall reading anything about a ransom.

You are correct about the fund me, Shane's Dad, Ty started one on FB, and it raised over 15K.... the majority of which came after they found Heidi and Margo. So at least he has that and it will help for the immediate future. Long term... he will figure it out, unfortunately people die all the time, they don't all start GF me's and they don't all get donations. Not only does he have to adjust to a new life and new roles with his children, he is going to need time to grieve and learn how to deal with the emotions, I'm okay with that. He also has family that can, should and probably will help. I honestly would have an issue with leaving Margo with anyone but family right now, my anxiety would be through the roof!

All that being said.... these podcasters trying to make a buck make me want to vomit :mad:.... and unfortunately, any "info" is coming from interviews with them! I did message @Tricia to see if we could discuss the podcasts, but have not heard back yet :(

I've always had doubts that she told Tim Miller the truth about that. I think it's rumor category.
At the time she was busy trying to place the focus on SC. I simply disbelieve her and it's unlikely he had received access to her phone records.

It's easier to fool others when they only had contact with her on the phone.... IIRC no one talked to MF in person before they went there on the 19th.

As far as Tammy stating Magen was envious of Heidi, I felt the same upon hearing of MF. I still don’t think it was a baby she wanted. Taking baby M was a way to hurt SC & Tammy. I think maybe MF was in love with HB & her demise was punishment for getting pregnant, reconciling with SC, etc. I’m also guessing MF knew Tammy disliked her. All moo
Gotta remember, MF announced her pregnancy the same night HB announced she was expecting. MF did not hatch her plan then & there, imo. Nope. Imo, she was irate, fearing HB would end up in a relationship with a male partner. Moo

Isn't lying about giving birth to a baby she was never pregnant with and Heidi's dead body being found in the trunk of her car and MF being in possession of Heidi's newborn baby that she tried to pass off as her own evidence in itself?
. Imo, yes! This is a huge case for her legal team, a lot of publicity. They might prefer to drag it out. For all we know MF might be willing to plead. Jmo. And I hope she does get a plea deal & goes quietly to her new home & lives 60 more years. Moo

Tammy’s quoted as “never liking MF”.

if only.......
"I'm mad, I mean I'm so mad I could take her down right now," said Tammy. "But I'm also sad."
"We miss Heidi so much." Tammy Broussard speaks after woman charged in daughter's murder

Bryce Newberry on Twitter
JUST IN: Magen Fieramusca's attorneys respond to today's capital murder indictment.
"We cannot act to fairly and vigorously represent our Client when we start defending her with our hands tied and eyes blindfolded. Justice ought to be blind, not the defense." @KVUE
EPZ4hIiXUAAT6oV.png

5:14 PM - 28 Jan 2020

Re BBM
Why not Defense Attorney? Maybe they are just trying to level the playing field.
Its too bad MF's hands werent tied behind her back to allow HB to escape as MF was killing her. Then the murder wouldnt have happened to begin with and your services would not be needed.

So happy to see murder charges finally come down. LE was probably just taking adequate time to make sure if anyone else was involved before dropping the charges.

I heard the charges read on J for J's channel, but I didn't hear where tbe murder took place. I assume they believe Travis County since that is where charges are being brought. Anyone know?

I don't know, I think it has to be true. She didn't know who Tim Miller would relay that information to - either family or police and then she would be setting herself up to be right in the sights of LE if she hadn't already reported it yet. She also had nothing to gain from making that up, except attention at a time when she had Heidi's still-identifiable-by-sight baby in her living room, so not a prime time for drawing anyone to her if she didn't have to. I think she knew they would be able to get Heidi's last phone calls.

I think the lie was about the content of the call - not the existence of a call.

MOO

"Something's not right with her." Hearing Tammy say this gave me chills!

Mom's sometimes have these instincts!

I wonder how long Tammy felt that way about MF? Recently? Or for the entire duration of MF's and Heidi's 'friendship'?

This statement by the legal team is like a bad joke.

"As stated before, we are anxious to review evidence collected thus far and have many of the same questions you do. Unfortunately, despite our continued and persistent requests, the government has yet to disclose any evidence against our Client. Sadly, we learned of the capital murder indictment from the media today."

Above bbm....and I am talking out of my butt here without a lick of legal expertise and my emotions doing the speaking....but boy oh boy that statement got me fired up! :mad:

Isn't lying about giving birth to a baby she was never pregnant with and Heidi's dead body being found in the trunk of her car and MF being in possession of Heidi's newborn baby that she tried to pass off as her own evidence in itself?

That statement just really got to me. MF is not the victim here. Heidi and Margo were the victims. The government didn't just pull this Capital Murder indictment out of their a$$es!

JMO
Criminal defense attorneys apparently operate off a script- there is never enough evidence, it is always a rush to judgment, my client is innocent blah blah blah: take it with a grain of salt. it is a bunch of jibberish- I am amazed at how our prisons are full of innocent people- geez!!!

We need a lawyer here please. @gitana1 can u help? Example of when u have seen this charge domestically?

Yes. Criminal charges for making serious threats to kill a spouse, partner or child, other family member. Things like holding a gun to child’s head and saying you will kill the kid if the victim doesn’t get in the car or get off the phone when they’re trying to call for help.

It’s a threat coupled with something tangible meant to inspire terror.

In Texas he could get Heidi's benefits if he could prove common law marriage, which he probably can.
In Texas, it's surprisingly easy to be Common Law married. There are three requirements:
- you have to agree to be married
- you have to live together in Texas as man and wife
- you have to present yourself to others as man and wife

That's it. There is no time requirement specified.

Chapter 2.401 Texas Family Code
FAMILY CODE CHAPTER 2. THE MARRIAGE RELATIONSHIP

In Texas he could get Heidi's benefits if he could prove common law marriage, which he probably can.
Well they had not been reconciled long, per Shane. Not sure what the stipulations are but I assume a lot of red tape might be involved. Otherwise, everyone would be claiming “common-law”. Moo
I think any discrepancy in addresses would be a problem. SSA requires a lot of records, imo.

Just IMHO - I feel we should stay away from debating donation accounts and the merits of different podcasters and stick to the facts of the actual pending murder trial. I'm sure most of us posting here have listened to numerous ones and have different opinions. Currently the topic of true crime espec. on youtube seems to be a hotbed of turf wars.

The children of HB can claim her SS benefit, but the spouse will only get a one time lump sum death benefit of $255. Since they were not legally wed, SC gets nothing from SS. I know cause it happened to me. My husband died. $255 was all I was entitled to receive. We were only married for 7 years when he passed so I don't qualify for his benefits when I reach 62-1/2. We would have had to been married 10 years for me to claim his benefit. :( Our child DOES receive his fathers SS benefit until the age of 18.

The children of HB can claim her SS benefit, but the spouse will only get a one time lump sum death benefit of $255. Since they were not legally wed, SC gets nothing from SS. I know cause it happened to me. My husband died. $255 was all I was entitled to receive. We were only married for 7 years when he passed so I don't qualify for his benefits when I reach 62-1/2. We would have had to been married 10 years for me to claim his benefit. :( Our child DOES receive his fathers SS benefit until the age of 18.

the debate is over Texas common law unions. It is my opinion they did not have one, since they had separated in the past & presumably lived at different addresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419