What Can We Do To Get Princess Blue Buried?

After nearly 30 years, Princess Blue still has no name, no story, no resting place. Something has to give! It's a case that lit a fire under my backside and has taken over every free moment that I have, but I know that I'm coming into the search far later than some. I was hoping that we could use this thread to brainstorm new forensic techniques that may not have been used in her case or anything that we, as non-professional sleuthers, can do to get the ball rolling again.

I've left a message with Harris County Institute of Forensic Science's ID department to inquire about what testing has been done, and maybe get a better idea of results from the 2006/2007 forensic examinations.

I called the Texas DPS Missing Persons Clearinghouse and the contact person for PB's case said that they don't really keep up to date or in depth notes from cases. So they're not very helpful. All she could tell me was that "They're always using whatever new scientific testing that comes up and they don't really tell us anything because we don't go that far." So...great :shrug:

My #1 goal right now is to get stable isotope analysis done for PB. Bone and teeth are more than enough to go forward with it, and could potentially tell us everywhere that she's been since early adolescence. Even if she was never reported missing, at least that would give us a better idea of where to focus efforts for media exposure, posters, etc.

My #2 goal is to find out if they will do ultrasonic imaging or use Fry's reagent in an attempt to reveal any "invisible" markings inside the REL 1975 ring band. Even if it shows initials or an inscription but doesn't lead to PB's identity, it will complete part of the puzzle that's been a big blank space.

Any and all input is more than welcome! I know there are those of you who have spent years trying to bring her case to a resolution and lay her to rest, and my hat is off to y'all!

A theory I haven’t seen posted yet that just occurred to me...

Just because someone isn’t reported missing, does not mean that they aren’t missing. What if PB was like many teenagers and ran away, maybe from a troubled home life, and no one reported her missing. Or she turned 18, graduated and went off on her own and her family didn’t think anything of the lack of contact. Maybe she didn’t have a good relationship with her family and wasn’t “missed” when she wasn’t in contact with them.

Just random thoughts, but something I’m exploring.

I sent out emails last week to foster placement agencies that were around in the 1970s-1980s to inquire about runaways or girls that aged out in the timeframe of PB’s death. After talking to DCFS and CPS, that was the suggested next step. The man I spoke with at CPS is over their records and whatnot, he said that their records only go back 7-8 years, but local placement agencies tend to keep all their records. Fingers crossed!

A new sketch would be amazing too. I personally think that PB either wasn't killed immediately after disappearing or as you said, didn't have anyone to report her disappearance.

I just found out about Blue's case from my favourite YouTuber and it inspired me to join here. I'm sure that most people have already looked at or contacted Robert E. Lee High School Facebook pages, but I'd be willing to do so again, if needed.

It is very possible this is exactly what happend, maybe she wasn't reported missing until a much later date or never was reported missing. I know that Princess Blue's details were added to NamUs, DoeNetWork, and a few other sites.

I believe that when the first article came out about Princess Blue her information was input into NamUs, when the sketches came out those were added also.

The information about the rings Princess Blue was wearing or were found in the vicinity of her remains got added after the photos came out.

Anyhow, IMO, I think that Princess Blue wasn't reported missing or that her family was not from the area and had not heard the story and they just figured that Princess Blue had left home to start a new life.

A theory I haven’t seen posted yet that just occurred to me...

Just because someone isn’t reported missing, does not mean that they aren’t missing. What if PB was like many teenagers and ran away, maybe from a troubled home life, and no one reported her missing. Or she turned 18, graduated and went off on her own and her family didn’t think anything of the lack of contact. Maybe she didn’t have a good relationship with her family and wasn’t “missed” when she wasn’t in contact with them.

Just random thoughts, but something I’m exploring.

If we assume one of the parents was of African-American descent, and if we also assume the ring belonged to Princess Blue's mother, we should start looking up R.E. Lee H.S's Class of '75's African-American female graduates. And here's one, whose name began with the letter L (speculating the "L" doesn't stand for Lee): Lydia Ellis (Deceased), Houston, TX Texas
This woman died young. So there's a possibility Princess Blue was an orphan, and it's probably the reason no one reported her missing back in the day.

Could you tell us when Lydia Ellis died? Was she married at the time of her death? Did she having any surviving family? Did she have any family members that preceded her in death? What was her date of birth? When did she pass away?

If we assume one of the parents was of African-American descent, and if we also assume the ring belonged to Princess Blue's mother, we should start looking up R.E. Lee H.S's Class of '75's African-American female graduates. And here's one, whose name began with the letter L (speculating the "L" doesn't stand for Lee): Lydia Ellis (Deceased), Houston, TX Texas
This woman died young. So there's a possibility Princess Blue was an orphan, and it's probably the reason no one reported her missing back in the day.

I found this info in another thread about Princess Blue, and Lydia Ellis died in 1980, 5 years after the issuing of the ring

Could you tell us when Lydia Ellis died? Was she married at the time of her death? Did she having any surviving family? Did she have any family members that preceded her in death? What was her date of birth? When did she pass away?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-141055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200129-141055_Chrome.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
Here's some more info I found on the same thread, Lydia Ellis did marry someone a week after her H.S. graduation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-141616_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200129-141616_Chrome.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 10
Thank you, I thought her name sounded familiar, have we determined if she had any children?

I found this info in another thread about Princess Blue, and Lydia Ellis died in 1980, 5 years after the issuing of the ring

Yes, in fact she had children, but there seems to be a mistake, since there's a child listed as being born from Ellis in 1975 (which would fit into Princess Blue's minimum age as stated by the autopsy, making Lydia Ellis pregnant at the time of her graduation and marriage), but there's another child listed as being born from Ellis in 1981, when Ellis was already dead, so I don't know how reliable this children info is. Below the children's info, there's also that of another Lydia Ellis, deceased in 1989, so there's some confusion on whether the children mentioned were born to Lydia Ellis of Robert E. Lee High, or another Lydia Ellis

Thank you, I thought her name sounded familiar, have we determined if she had any children?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200129-142605_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200129-142605_Chrome.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 19
So, you are thinking it's possible that Tamishea Lannette Green may be a match to Princess Blue, is that correct?

Yes, in fact she had children, but there seems to be a mistake, since there's a child listed as being born from Ellis in 1975 (which would fit into Princess Blue's minimum age as stated by the autopsy, making Lydia Ellis pregnant at the time of her graduation and marriage), but there's another child listed as being born from Ellis in 1981, when Ellis was already dead, so I don't know how reliable this children info is. Below the children's info, there's also that of another Lydia Ellis, deceased in 1989, so there's some confusion on whether the children mentioned were born to Lydia Ellis of Robert E. Lee High, or another Lydia Ellis

It appears that Tamishea Lanette (married name possibly Williams) and LaVera Green were in a wee bit of trouble with the law, and yes they were sisters.

Tamishea Lanette Williams v. The State of Texas--Appeal from 230th District Court of Harris County

FindACase™ | Tamishea Lanette Williams v. Rickthaler

2 Court Records for Lavera Green found in TX - CourtRegistry.org

So, you believe the Lydia Ellis that married Howard Green is not the 1975 REL Lydia Ellis? Just trying to get this all absorbed in my brain which I have so little left of.

I think their mother is the non-Robert E. Lee's Lydia Ellis.

Stupid links didn't take me where I wanted them to, I need to fix it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back