Press conference regarding previously undisclosed evidence scheduled for a January 16th at 1 p.m.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes! Me too..

Since we missed the beginning, we won't know until they get up to #15 if they are actually arguing or if its being "submitted on the papers" which means that the Judges will issue a ruling without argument. Eagerly awaiting!

ETA: again, the decision won't be issued either way until months from now...

Thanks again!

Aprilanne Agostino

emailed me and told me the link is up and working

I asked for a link to the feed

she sent me this;

Unified Court System

when I clicked on it

Case #5 Matter of Heino, deceased - is up and running
so maybe everyone will get to watch the proceedings after all.

Please know - Portela is NOT a lawyer, and Shannan tipped names
on the 911 call. She was screaming for help for her life.

There have been leaks on the case and Shannan was naming so
many names on the call that (it has been leaked) that this call
will NEVER be released.

John is doing Spota's bidding - PRETENDING to go the distance for the
case, but in reality - he is a chameleon, and has done nothing right in
the name of Justice for Shannan or Mari Gilbert.

Aprilanne Agostino

she sent me this;

Unified Court System

when I clicked on it

will NEVER be released.

The Ray/Spota connection is one I hadn't heard before.. I'm admittedly intrigued.

Who is Portela?

Aprilanne Agostino

she sent me this;

Unified Court System

when I clicked on it

will NEVER be released.

Reminder that opinions must be stated as such OR you need to provide documentation/evidence to support your claims.

Looks like the matter was submitted on the papers..

Decisions come down every Wednesday - last Wednesday's decisions consisted largely of cases that were submitted in October/November 2019. If they stay on that type of track, hopeful for a decision in or around April 2020

I'm a little too jaded to believe they will stay on track for this case. But, I appreciate the approximate timeline info. If you see anything new... Please post!

Shannan tipped names

will NEVER be released.

Can you provide any sources for the leak? I believe you, but I really need to see it.

I don’t see how this picture of the belt will help solve this. They’ve had this for years. It could be anyone’s belt.

Hi Everyone, new here and this site was mentioned several times in the Kolker book about LISK.
I'm currently 90% done with "Lost Girls" and on page 351 the author mentions "W" and the self-published memoir "Confessions of the Oak Beach Drifter". It just gave me chills, remembering the WM/MH belt from last week. Robert Kolker also mentions that in "Confessions..." W claims that he heard a woman screaming, "No! Please stop!" while staying at Joe Brewer's house-where Shannan was the night she went missing. This happened only a few days before the Shannan incident. It sounds like W is trying to blame Brewer, even though he's been 'cleared' several times. Also, Shannan's belongings were found in the marsh behind Brewer's house and also then, nearby, her body.
All of this is seemingly too coincidental. Maybe W or Brewer are LISK? Or maybe W or Brewer are just responsible for Shannan's disappearance and death?
Oh, also Kolker states that "W" is a "West Islip native". Not sure how this applies, since his biography on the book says Queens.

I don’t see how this picture of the belt will help solve this. They’ve had this for years. It could be anyone’s belt.

This seems like a complete joke.......they've had this belt for 9 years & now decide to show it to the public?

If this belt wast be connected to someone, it needed to be shown to the public right away, heck even a year or two later, but 9 years?

Imo, they're grasping for straws, they don't have anything on LISK thats worthy of identifying him.

I don't think LISK is stupid enough to use his own belt, his wife's/gfs belt or any of his kids if he has any.......he probably stole it, or it came from one of his previous victims.

For LISK to leave that belt (I'm assuming it was wrapped around one of the GB4 victims) at the scene of the body dumping, & possibly on one of the victims, says it can't be traced back to him, unless the feds have his DNA from the belt, which I don't think DNA would be on that belt after how long the belt & body were out in the elements.

Gives the public something to keep talking about.

I'm currently 90% done with "Lost Girls" and on page 351 the author mentions "W" and the self-published memoir "Confessions of the Oak Beach Drifter".

Interesting! Going to revisit this part of the book

“Heather Malone” ???

Ray just gave an interview on a L.I. radio program

I didn’t hear much, and I don’t know if it’s approved (MSM/TOS)

I think Ray’s a limited hangout

Hi Everyone, new here and this site was mentioned several times in the Kolker book about LISK.
I'm currently 90% done with "Lost Girls" and on page 351 the author mentions "W" and the self-published memoir "Confessions of the Oak Beach Drifter". It just gave me chills, remembering the WM/MH belt from last week. Robert Kolker also mentions that in "Confessions..." W claims that he heard a woman screaming, "No! Please stop!" while staying at Joe Brewer's house-where Shannan was the night she went missing. This happened only a few days before the Shannan incident. It sounds like W is trying to blame Brewer, even though he's been 'cleared' several times. Also, Shannan's belongings were found in the marsh behind Brewer's house and also then, nearby, her body.
All of this is seemingly too coincidental. Maybe W or Brewer are LISK? Or maybe W or Brewer are just responsible for Shannan's disappearance and death?
Oh, also Kolker states that "W" is a "West Islip native". Not sure how this applies, since his biography on the book says Queens.

Here is a report about the Lost Girls program:

Could the Netflix Movie ‘Lost Girls’ Find a Serial Murderer?

This seems like a complete joke.......they've had this belt for 9 years & now decide to show it to the public?

If this belt wast be connected to someone, it needed to be shown to the public right away, heck even a year or two later, but 9 years?

Imo, they're grasping for straws, they don't have anything on LISK thats worthy of identifying him.

I don't think LISK is stupid enough to use his own belt, his wife's/gfs belt or any of his kids if he has any.......he probably stole it, or it came from one of his previous victims.

For LISK to leave that belt (I'm assuming it was wrapped around one of the GB4 victims) at the scene of the body dumping, & possibly on one of the victims, says it can't be traced back to him, unless the feds have his DNA from the belt, which I don't think DNA would be on that belt after how long the belt & body were out in the elements.

Gives the public something to keep talking about.
The police seem to have nothing nothing in this case. No dna, witnesses, nothing. If this was relevant they’d have released it sooner. This is to promote this movie via pressure from the families etc in my opinion.

I agree. The movie spotlights LE’s (mis)handling of evidence, (mis)treatment of victims, and shows how corruption and in-house politics detract from the case. People need to be angry because it shouldn’t take a movie to spur action.

A lot of people lose interest when a case has been dormant for 10 years. Accordingly, whoever could ID the belt and its owner may not even see or pay attention to the news reports and photos.

A few years ago, LE released photos from the Peaches crime scene, including a floral patterned pillow sham and a green Rubbermaid style tub. Peaches is believed to have died in the ‘90’s so her case was dormant for almost 2 decades before gaining traction. It’s hard to be hopeful with this better late than never approach.

Someone suggested elsewhere that LE should release a photo of the clothing found on the Asian male and I agree. We’re not asking them to give up the whole ghost (though that would be nice) but come on, do something so the public can help. (Apologies for forgetting the name of our fellow Websleuther who had this idea. They deserve credit for making this point.)

Last edited:
Hello all,
Is it me or do the symbols on the belt look "occult-like"? The "H" kinda resembles a zodiac symbol. I have uploaded some samples I found after a brief "generalized" search online.

I thought they looked more like astrological symbols than actual letters, too. The "H" a straight-up looking Pisces symbol but the "M" is more of a stretch--perhaps a not fully formed Scorpio symbol. If we're going to humor that train of thought, both are "water" signs....
Not familiar with those other occult symbols you uploaded, but interesting. Seems as credible a possibility as initials, especially given the strange, mystical-looking font. Would love to know if there are other symbols/letters on the belt that weren't revealed...which would open up a whole other host of possibilities.

I thought they looked more like astrological symbols than actual letters, too. The "H" a straight-up looking Pisces symbol but the "M" is more of a stretch--perhaps a not fully formed Scorpio symbol. If we're going to humor that train of thought, both are "water" signs....
Not familiar with those other occult symbols you uploaded, but interesting. Seems as credible a possibility as initials, especially given the strange, mystical-looking font. Would love to know if there are other symbols/letters on the belt that weren't revealed...which would open up a whole other host of possibilities.

I think the font screams early nineties tribal tattoo/headed to Lollapalooza. Almost every American mall in the late eights and early nineties had a leatherworks kiosk or storefront.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RonaldLew
Back