OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I think? Well, there just is no way in a snowballs chance of the Wagners telling JM about a tracking device on his truck. If the Wagners knew about a tracking device on his truck it would only be because the Wagners put it there themselves. It's easy to do, PI's are always doing this.

No I do not believe any Wagner including the Matriarch had LE on the payroll. Too cheap!

Yes it is interesting that in such a short period of time, the date unknown, JM found the tracker. What are the odds he just happens to be working under his car in that precise time frame?

I think he was actually looking for one because he was suspicious that LE saw him as a suspect. Certainly his dad has said as much, including the cops asking him "how much he was paid to kill his family" and they told him he flunked a lie detector test which could have been a lie, a ploy by them for information.

Yes the Wagners could have left one of their spy listening devices around by forgetting one, then it's too late.

I think that Jake likely did put tracking devices on the Rhoden's cars when stalking. I bet he and mommy dearest...cough... put tracking on Hannah when she and Jake were living back and forth at their house.

Wow, awesome if LE found a tracking device on a Rhoden car that the "Coon Duck Gang" accidently left behind. Then hasta la vista Wagners! Murphy's Law at work again.....

DBM

Last edited:
CC

What do I think? Well, there just is no way in a snowballs chance of the Wagners telling JM about a tracking device on his truck. If the Wagners knew about a tracking device on his truck it would only be because the Wagners put it there themselves. It's easy to do, PI's are always doing this.

No I do not believe any Wagner including the Matriarch had LE on the payroll. Too cheap!

Yes it is interesting that in such a short period of time, the date unknown, JM found the tracker. What are the odds he just happens to be working under his car in that precise time frame?

I think he was actually looking for one because he was suspicious that LE saw him as a suspect. Certainly his dad has said as much, including the cops asking him "how much he was paid to kill his family" and they told him he flunked a lie detector test which could have been a lie, a ploy by them for information.

Yes the Wagners could have left one of their spy listening devices around by forgetting one, then it's too late.

I think that Jake likely did put tracking devices on the Rhoden's cars when stalking. I bet he and mommy dearest...cough... put tracking on Hannah when she and Jake were living back and forth at their house.

Wow, awesome if LE found a tracking device on a Rhoden car that the "Coon Duck Gang" accidently left behind. Then hasta la vista Wagners! Murphy's Law at work again.....
CC
You have already forgot the incitement, the Wagners was listen to the Rhodens/Manley or something that was in the LE evidence all the way until summer of 2017.

CC

CC
You have already forgot the incitement, the Wagners was listen to the Rhodens/Manley or something that was in the LE evidence all the way until summer of 2017.
I was answering you about the possibility of Wagners putting trackers on cars and what if they left one of their listening devices behind accidently.

Because yes, they were spying for a year after the evil crimes, I was wondering about the possibility of:

LE put a tracker under JM's truck and what if they found a tracker already there with Wagner dna or prints.

Sorry if post isn't clear. Just speculation. But yes how were they spying after murders? Did LE actually find some Wagner spying equipment at a family members property?

A man was lurking at Kendra's mom's house and Miss Geneva's apt. door was tampered with. Hummm...
2 central main targets for spying in my opinion besides the Manleys. Kendra was closest to Hanna. Family would talk at Miss Geneva's apartment.

Last edited:
One of the articles quoted that JM found it and "smashed it on the sidewalk," which would certainly disqualify his residence. I haven't made up my mind on all the tracker stuff yet, but I do believe this did speed up the Wagners getting out of "Dodge." At this point, I have learned speculation isn't worth anything compared to evidence, alot of which we don't have, and which makes the red truck truths worth their weight in gold. And, no one on here seems to want to run the red truck theories to the end, one by one. So here we sit. JMO

Loomis, I am very interested in running the red truck theories to the end, one by one. I plan on starting to work on it as soon as I have a chance.

One of the articles quoted that JM found it and "smashed it on the sidewalk," which would certainly disqualify his residence. I haven't made up my mind on all the tracker stuff yet, but I do believe this did speed up the Wagners getting out of "Dodge." At this point, I have learned speculation isn't worth anything compared to evidence, alot of which we don't have, and which makes the red truck truths worth their weight in gold. And, no one on here seems to want to run the red truck theories to the end, one by one. So here we sit. JMO
I agree. I would rather talk evidence at this point too but still have theories based on those facts. Like it"s fact the Wagners were spying after the murders and it would be obvious the Rhodens and Manley's would be targets.

It's possible the Wagners set up spy ware or what-not before the murders to have it in place for after the murders. Trackers on cars is one possibility. Police were called because Miss Geneva's door was tampered with and someone snooped on Kendra's property - those are facts but the possibility of it being the Wagners is theory.

Not sure what research to do on the red truck.

I don't understand the truck connections, I never discussed it on here before. I am interested in learning more about it by reading this thread.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/ohio/ohio-family-clings-to-hope-3-months-after-8-killed/280208697

"...Stacie Rigsby (Kendra's mom) made adjustments to secure her windows and often asks a friend to spend the night with her. She is convinced damage done to her mailbox in early May is tied to the killings. Two weeks later, the family reported a masked man on the property who ran off, according to police reports. ..."

"...Also in May, Geneva Rhoden came home to find her apartment door tampered with, according to a police report. .."

Loomis, I am very interested in running the red truck theories to the end, one by one. I plan on starting to work on it as soon as I have a chance.
After looking back over some notes, I think the purchased report for the red truck was from this website:

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) – Research Vehicle History | BJA

I have no idea what they charge for a report. I think you need the VIN #. Red truck VIN # might be in this report:

Dropbox - 1GCGK24R1VZ224622-Report.pdf - Simplify your life

Good Luck!

ETA - I think a copy of the purchased report is in the "Dropbox" link, so no need to purchase another.

Thread # 32 has some posts about the red truck, but you need to weed through the thread.

Last edited:
Sorry if this article has been posted already. This is the first time that I have read it but it explains in more detail about the events with JM (2-3 weeks prior to him finding the tracker). The M/R have suffered so much pain already.

It also describes JW leaving 3 trailers with that guy in 2017. I never realized that JW parked a covered trailer in a separate location and BCI towed that trailer away.

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother

:) Well when the muffler decides to fall off, it just does, no appointments, no delivery date, just bump and there it is.

Remember one of the dogs had a device on it? I'm sure I recall that as being true as stated by LE or MSM. Bugs everywhere!

Sorry if this article has been posted already. This is the first time that I have read it but it explains in more detail about the events with JM (2-3 weeks prior to him finding the tracker). The M/R have suffered so much pain already.

It also describes JW leaving 3 trailers with that guy in 2017. I never realized that JW parked a covered trailer in a separate location and BCI towed that trailer away.

Warrant: Investigators put GPS tracker on truck of Rhoden victim's brother
Enclosed white trailer (3rd trailer) was parked at the 41 location along with the two pick-up trucks and the two full sized trailers. LE towed the entire enclosed trailer (with it's contents) away.

I've always wondered if the W's original plan was to drive three vehicles to AK with the three trailers.

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
After looking back over some notes, I think the purchased report for the red truck was from this website:

National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) – Research Vehicle History | BJA

I have no idea what they charge for a report. I think you need the VIN #. Red truck VIN # might be in this report:

Dropbox - 1GCGK24R1VZ224622-Report.pdf - Simplify your life

Good Luck!

ETA - I think a copy of the purchased report is in the "Dropbox" link, so no need to purchase another.

Thread # 32 has some posts about the red truck, but you need to weed through the thread.

The dates and mileage are interesting. No change from 09/16/2013 to 08/28/2015. Then only 591 miles from 10/01/2015 to
02/24/2016. It isn't noted but I suppose the dates and mileage are noted from each change of ownership when the current mileage is stated for the new title.

3/2/2017 Current 227,793 OH No problems found!
2/24/2016 Historical 222,591 OH No problems found!
10/1/2015 Historical 220,000 OH No problems found!
9/9/2015 Historical 220,000 OH No problems found!
8/28/2015 Historical 197,682 OH No problems found!
9/16/2013 Historical 197,682 OH No problems found!
2/6/2012 Historical 197,362 OH No problems found!
12/13/2010 Historical 193,586 OH No problems found!

The dates and mileage are interesting. No change from 09/16/2013 to 08/28/2015. Then only 591 miles from 10/01/2015 to
02/24/2016. It isn't noted but I suppose the dates and mileage are noted from each change of ownership when the current mileage is stated for the new title.

Very interesting from year to year.

Can anyone confirm, or comment, if we find owners names, (publicly available) is that against TOS to post or discuss? I don’t have them, but wonder if it is worth trying to find if can’t discuss. No disrespect to TOS.

I’ll post more separately on my speculation about the truck.
It’s is a longer post than I intended, but I had a hard time saying some things and staying within TOS.
Again, No disrespect to TOS.
Just saying I’m not trying to be mysterious.

I think the no change in mileage dates align with the time it was owned by the company referenced on the state site. I would be surprised if anyone finds a source with public access to individual owners names. I think it's protected information.

I got the attached sometime ago. What's interesting is it was only reported that whomever had it before JM indicated in someway they only owned it for a day. Which is why this is all so hinky on top of the words of the warrant.
If LM's statement is accurate that JM did not own it before, were the dates written incorrectly on the title transfer (back where you put the date) in an attempt to make it look as if JM was owner at the time of the murders. That transfer of ownership occurred 2/25/16?
Two steps:
1)Transfer of Ownership - signing it over on the back and getting it notarized etc.
2)Registration/New Title Issued- go to BMV or clerks office and get your tags. The only penalty for not doing it 30 days after the transfer of ownership is a very small fine/penalty.

Maybe someone on here can give a better, or even different interpretation to how I read it.
BTW The only thing this adds on top of the state site is a breakdown by owner #. Since it still doesn't give names I am assuming it's fine to post.

Attachments

• 260E9AB6-5CB1-4D3A-A6DB-D7E5DCFE95B6.jpeg
    260E9AB6-5CB1-4D3A-A6DB-D7E5DCFE95B6.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
DeWine said he did not believe the drug trade had fomented the murders.
“There was an undercurrent of drugs” he said.
“There’s no evidence of the speculation that this was necessarily drug related in the sense of motive”

My blanket disclaimer:
NO disrespect to Victims, Rhoden, Gilley Families.
NO accusations related to any truck owners or names in evidence.
Keeping in mind TOS.

Theory and speculation. MOO :
The truck. Previous ownership may be important if only to lead to possible individuals, other than registered owner, who may have had access to the truck or may have driven it, used it, borrowed it for periods of time.

Seems as if Legal transfer of vehicle title and registration (and insurance, valid drivers license) is not always a concern in this area of Ohio.

I’m speculating the truck MAY have been used at any time by various friends, relatives, employees of various owners.
With or without permission, knowledge of owner.

At some point the truck MAY have been used, borrowed, by ‘associates’ in the ‘Undercurrent’ business/activities DeWine referred to.

“Business Associates” assumed to be random individuals, from near and far, possibly with a history of criminal activities/variety of charges ranging from - drugs, trafficking, theft, forgery, arson, weapons violations, prison gangs (KF), even other murders.
Some “Business Associates” may have had no record at all.

As Mike DeWine said while trying to avoid answering a question....
“...Pieces of a puzzle...we must see where they merge...”
Pieces of the puzzle - some of activities on UHR on 4/21 & 4/22 2016 - Phone calls, 2 am text, vehicles, could be related to the other undercurrent business at UHR.
Activity unrelated to murders.
Remember - there were people who did not know what horror was going to happen on Union Hill Road later on, in the morning hours of 4/22/2016.

There could be many points where the pieces of the puzzle merge...and I think undercurrent business activities was one area.

I’m theorizing someone was arrested on other charges, unrelated but serious, and that person made a deal or gave important information.
Sheriff R would have the local knowledge, ability, to connect these dots.

Speculating that unknown person(s) gave LE information LE needed (plea deal or voluntarily) in weeks prior to 4/21/2017 ( guessing prior to 4/13/2017) and that moved the investigation forward. Time frame dates are a guess.

The press conference of 4/13/2017. (Good find)
Logical to assume at the one year anniversary, DeWine would want to say something. However, in hindsight, it seems to be more of a cover story (by DeWine) to demonstrate all the work LE did and emphasize fact that LE received so much evidence, so many people talking....look at this billboard, reward... public will never know who gave information....

As CC noted, also on 4/13 - LE interview with Jake W - could be critical.
And that could also be time frame of JM polygraph, said to have failed.

Hindsight, one can see it, feel it, in that public press conference, DeWine and Sheriff R had something solid.

In some way, the GPS on the truck (placed 4/22) may have forced an issue or put pressure on others, or someone, other than JM.

As Loomis said, ...”speed up W’s getting out of Dodge?”

We don’t know where that truck traveled in the few days the gps was on the truck. But LE knew.

JM was probably hiding information about someone or something ...but not involved in murders.
Possibly hiding info about other business ventures, as he was said to have failed a polygraph done in the weeks before the 4/21 date. Very curious how charges against JM just went away.

Still a mystery how, why, that red truck finally ended up on Union Hill Road at M residence. No accusations. Just questions.

Re reading this, sorry it’s long, so much speculation.

Does anyone know anything about the man that owned the car lot that JW worked for part time, he’s the man that let the Wagners family park their trailers and trucks on his property.
Is there a chance the red truck that JM was trying to buy in 4-22-2016 came from him, if so than Jake could have arranged JM getting the truck and that the Wagners could have got a spare key to JMs truck.
Remember when you trade a truck into the small dealership they usually don’t title it into their name, they have you sign the title so they can just register into the person name that is buying the truck to keep the car lot from paying taxes on the registration twice, JMO

I wonder why this charge of aggravated trafficking was dismissed just 6 weeks after arrest. It has always struck me as odd. But then again, it seems like in that area so many cases are dismissed. What strikes me as odd is that Josh Rhoden did not have an attorney on record for this case.

Information leading to Josh Rhoden's arrest was discovered during the investigation of the April 22 Pike County massacre, but the arrest is unrelated to the homicides, said Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio attorney general. Officials also arrested Rhoden's neighbor, John McJunkin, 63, on a charge of drug possession.

The arrests give a rare glimpse into the activity of the authorities investigating the Rhoden killings. No one has been arrested in connection with the deaths, which shocked the close-knit rural community and the country nine months ago. Officials say they are working diligently on the case, but have provided little information. Search warrants and related records are sealed from public view.

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk declined to say whether officials are trying to use the two arrests to get more information about the April 22 slayings. "Every little bit helps," he said of information related to the killings.

Authorities found $7,700 in pills, nine guns, a small amount of marijuana and $8,000 in cash in that residence and in one neighboring it, where McJunkin lives, Del Greco said.

Relative of Pike Co. victims arrested on drug trafficking charges

Edit - above in bold

Last edited:
Thank you to all who have shared the sketches of the homes. These, of course, are possible sketches and opinions only but this helps so much when looking at our theories. We hopefully get to see evidence of key parts of the living areas during trials but for now thank you all for digging in your archives for the rest of us. It was greatly appreciated.

My theory today, after much back and forth and thought, is that the Wagners purchased the truck in Feb 2016 as part of planning the murders. They didn’t register it and at some point, they sold it to James Manley.
You can see the top of a red truck in the first photo.
The photos are from the Redfin site. Many of the photos from the listing are gone, but some remain. You might look at them closely. It appears Angela’s camera roll is at the bottom.
When you compare the home listing photos to the photos on the Definance Farms page, some of those home listing photos appear to have been taken shortly after the murders. That might explain the June time stamp at the top of her photo screen shots.
June 2016 for the initial Aug 2016 listing..

Attachments

• 34122157-0E08-4EF1-9DB8-1609A9B5E681.jpeg
    34122157-0E08-4EF1-9DB8-1609A9B5E681.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 100
  • 6D3410A6-AA4E-4FA7-864A-E27B1ADABAAB.jpeg
    6D3410A6-AA4E-4FA7-864A-E27B1ADABAAB.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Enclosed white trailer (3rd trailer) was parked at the 41 location along with the two pick-up trucks and the two full sized trailers. LE towed the entire enclosed trailer (with it's contents) away.

I've always wondered if the W's original plan was to drive three vehicles to AK with the three trailers.

JMO, MOO
I've lost all of my scrbd links to the discovery's.

Relating to the "41" search Discovery, is an inventory line item that has always struck me as very unusual.

802 pp "Miscellaneous Documents".

Wow, that is a lot of "Miscellaneous Documents", especially compared to the number of the rest of pages of evidence

"Documents" seem to become more and more relevant to this case.

Do you think they might be notarized documents??

JMO, MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members