OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbm - double post.

Last edited:
Does anyone know anything about the man that owned the car lot that JW worked for part time, he’s the man that let the Wagners family park their trailers and trucks on his property.
Is there a chance the red truck that JM was trying to buy in 4-22-2016 came from him, if so than Jake could have arranged JM getting the truck and that the Wagners could have got a spare key to JMs truck.
Remember when you trade a truck into the small dealership they usually don’t title it into their name, they have you sign the title so they can just register into the person name that is buying the truck to keep the car lot from paying taxes on the registration twice, JMO

It’s possible this is what happened.

I wonder why this charge of aggravated trafficking was dismissed just 6 weeks after arrest. It has always struck me as odd. But then again, it seems like in that area so many cases are dismissed. What strikes me as odd is that Josh Rhoden did not have an attorney on record for this case.

Information leading to Josh Rhoden's arrest was discovered during the investigation of the April 22 Pike County massacre, but the arrest is unrelated to the homicides, said Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio attorney general. Officials also arrested Rhoden's neighbor, John McJunkin, 63, on a charge of drug possession.

The arrests give a rare glimpse into the activity of the authorities investigating the Rhoden killings. No one has been arrested in connection with the deaths, which shocked the close-knit rural community and the country nine months ago. Officials say they are working diligently on the case, but have provided little information. Search warrants and related records are sealed from public view.

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk declined to say whether officials are trying to use the two arrests to get more information about the April 22 slayings. "Every little bit helps," he said of information related to the killings.

Authorities found $7,700 in pills, nine guns, a small amount of marijuana and $8,000 in cash in that residence and in one neighboring it, where McJunkin lives, Del Greco said.

Relative of Pike Co. victims arrested on drug trafficking charges

Edit - above in bold
Good reminder. Yes it was odd that he was not charged., charges dismissed also, odd that McJunkin passed away about 8 months later. (I think)

I wonder why this charge of aggravated trafficking was dismissed just 6 weeks after arrest. It has always struck me as odd. But then again, it seems like in that area so many cases are dismissed. What strikes me as odd is that Josh Rhoden did not have an attorney on record for this case.

Information leading to Josh Rhoden's arrest was discovered during the investigation of the April 22 Pike County massacre, but the arrest is unrelated to the homicides, said Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Ohio attorney general. Officials also arrested Rhoden's neighbor, John McJunkin, 63, on a charge of drug possession.

The arrests give a rare glimpse into the activity of the authorities investigating the Rhoden killings. No one has been arrested in connection with the deaths, which shocked the close-knit rural community and the country nine months ago. Officials say they are working diligently on the case, but have provided little information. Search warrants and related records are sealed from public view.

Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk declined to say whether officials are trying to use the two arrests to get more information about the April 22 slayings. "Every little bit helps," he said of information related to the killings.

Authorities found $7,700 in pills, nine guns, a small amount of marijuana and $8,000 in cash in that residence and in one neighboring it, where McJunkin lives, Del Greco said.

Relative of Pike Co. victims arrested on drug trafficking charges

Edit - above in bold

Great post. Also, wasn't the McJunkin found shot in his home later? I cannot find the article! So JMO. And no one knows Josh Rhoden's whereabouts to this day, correct? TY

I've lost all of my scrbd links to the discovery's.

Relating to the "41" search Discovery, is an inventory line item that has always struck me as very unusual.

802 pp "Miscellaneous Documents".

Wow, that is a lot of "Miscellaneous Documents", especially compared to the number of the rest of pages of evidence

"Documents" seem to become more and more relevant to this case.

Do you think they might be notarized documents??

JMO, MOO

They should still be in the M&T thread at the beginning of each new thread.

I've lost all of my scrbd links to the discovery's.

Relating to the "41" search Discovery, is an inventory line item that has always struck me as very unusual.

802 pp "Miscellaneous Documents".

Wow, that is a lot of "Miscellaneous Documents", especially compared to the number of the rest of pages of evidence

"Documents" seem to become more and more relevant to this case.

Do you think they might be notarized documents??

JMO, MOO

Could very well be the documents "in the tote marked Important Documents, that Gerlach kept trying to get. JMO

I've always said I believe many, many things will come to light because of these murders. And I believe many have and many more will. I believe past muder cases and missing person cases will be solved, bad cops will go to jail for a very long time (and I am not talking about Charlie Reader!!!!), bad lawyers will be found out and done!! As in done forever! MM and Marshall! And other attorneys close to the belt and money of Fredricka Wagner, in their illegal misdoings, will be exposed with her! Bricker has already gone down in Portsmouth as an insurance broker. Cliff Rosenberger has gone down. Merean is just a matter of time. And Junk's time is coming, IMO. I could write a book.

I think the no change in mileage dates align with the time it was owned by the company referenced on the state site. I would be surprised if anyone finds a source with public access to individual owners names. I think it's protected information.

I got the attached sometime ago. What's interesting is it was only reported that whomever had it before JM indicated in someway they only owned it for a day. Which is why this is all so hinky on top of the words of the warrant.
If LM's statement is accurate that JM did not own it before, were the dates written incorrectly on the title transfer (back where you put the date) in an attempt to make it look as if JM was owner at the time of the murders. That transfer of ownership occurred 2/25/16?
Two steps:
1)Transfer of Ownership - signing it over on the back and getting it notarized etc.
2)Registration/New Title Issued- go to BMV or clerks office and get your tags. The only penalty for not doing it 30 days after the transfer of ownership is a very small fine/penalty.

Maybe someone on here can give a better, or even different interpretation to how I read it.
BTW The only thing this adds on top of the state site is a breakdown by owner #. Since it still doesn't give names I am assuming it's fine to post.

Doesn't this document show that Kevin M. Boone owned (through Company) the Red Truck at the time of the murders, as you said earlier? So...how does he connect to the Wagners? TY

Doesn't this document show that Kevin M. Boone owned (through Company) the Red Truck at the time of the murders, as you said earlier? So...how does he connect to the Wagners? TY

Also, Bernardi was a major part.

AAMCO sued them..Bernardi and Boone...in Federal Lawsuit case 213:CV02140. These two broke the law outright. Criminals.

The red truck was in their "company," and how did it make it's way to the infamous Wagners? We keep searching.

Also, Bernardi was a major part.

AAMCO sued them..Bernardi and Boone...in Federal Lawsuit case 213:CV02140. These two broke the law outright. Criminals.

The red truck was in their "company," and how did it make it's way to the infamous Wagners? We keep searching.

The company hadn't owned it since 2015. There was another owner between the time the company transferred it and the Wagners (Speculation) acquired it. The speculated Wagner transaction could have occurred as a result of searching car lots, Facebook or craigslist ads, or any other means of vehicle search. I'm not sure there has to be any connection to who owned it prior to Feb 2016.
If the theory is accurate it was the Wagners and they transferred it to JM, that could be the only extent of the history that's relevant to the case. That's JMO

Last edited:
Also interesting that John Kerns' case just went silent in the disappearance of Bernice Easter.

Here are my notes on JK .
Start with the sad death of Violet Rhoden.

State investigating death of Rhoden cousin in Pike County
June 2018

“A body found in the woods in Pike County Monday has been identified as a relative of the Rhoden family slain more than two years ago.
Violet Rhoden Taylor, 35, was pronounced dead at 10:01 a.m. Monday after her body was found on Lapperell Road near Stewart Hollow Road, according to the Pike County Coroner's Office.
Taylor was a cousin to the Rhodens and the sister of Josh Rhoden who was arrested on drug charges in January 2017 but never indicted.”

Man named as suspect in 2 deaths including Rhoden cousin shooting

“An incident report lists the man, Johnny Kerns, 49, as the suspect in Violet Taylor's "suspicious death" June 11 off Lapperell Road in Pike County.
The report describes Kerns as an "acquaintance" of the 35-year-old woman who had a gunshot wound to her chest.
The Peebles resident was a cousin of the Rhodens, who were killed in an April 2016 mass shooting....
... No charges have been filed. Kerns attorney could not be reached for comment Monday.
In addition to being at the scene when Taylor's body was found, Kerns also is a "prime suspect" in the unrelated ** homicide of 77-year-old Bernice Hayslip, according to Reader.
The Adams County woman's bone fragments (Bernice Hayslip) are believed to have been found in a burn pile on property Kerns' property on Lapperell Road in November, the sheriff said. Hayslip's date of death is not exactly clear.
That location is within a couple of miles where Taylor was found fatally shot on Lapperell Road.”

(***MY NOTE - Violet Taylor’s death was later ruled as suicide. No charges.)

Reader said Monday his office is working closely with Pike County prosecutors on Hayslip's homicide case. Sheriff's investigators said they interviewed Kerns and learned a great deal from him about the case.
"He talked quite in depth about his knowledge about Bernice missing and what may have happened to her," Corporal William Stansberry said in an interview Monday.
The sheriff declined to say if he considers Kerns' statements a confession. But he said he does expect prosecutors to ask a grand jury to indict Kerns and Hayslip's daughter, Tracy Sowards, 44, soon for their alleged roles in the elderly woman's slaying.
"You are looking at murder, conspiracy to commit murder and at least abuse of a corpse," Reader said Monday...

** Continue reading article to find out what happened (or didn’t happen) to John Kern. **

Last edited:

June 2018

“A body found in the woods in Pike County Monday has been identified as a relative of the Rhoden family slain more than two years ago.
Violet Rhoden Taylor, 35, was pronounced dead at 10:01 a.m. Monday after her body was found on Lapperell Road near Stewart Hollow Road, according to the Pike County Coroner's Office.
Taylor was a cousin to the Rhodens and the sister of Josh Rhoden who was arrested on drug charges in January 2017 but never indicted.”

“An incident report lists the man, Johnny Kerns, 49, as the suspect in Violet Taylor's "suspicious death" June 11 off Lapperell Road in Pike County.
The report describes Kerns as an "acquaintance" of the 35-year-old woman who had a gunshot wound to her chest.
The Peebles resident was a cousin of the Rhodens, who were killed in an April 2016 mass shooting....
... No charges have been filed. Kerns attorney could not be reached for comment Monday.
In addition to being at the scene when Taylor's body was found, Kerns also is a "prime suspect" in the unrelated ** homicide of 77-year-old Bernice Hayslip, according to Reader.
The Adams County woman's bone fragments (Bernice Hayslip) are believed to have been found in a burn pile on property Kerns' property on Lapperell Road in November, the sheriff said. Hayslip's date of death is not exactly clear.
That location is within a couple of miles where Taylor was found fatally shot on Lapperell Road.”

Reader said Monday his office is working closely with Pike County prosecutors on Hayslip's homicide case. Sheriff's investigators said they interviewed Kerns and learned a great deal from him about the case.
"He talked quite in depth about his knowledge about Bernice missing and what may have happened to her," Corporal William Stansberry said in an interview Monday.
The sheriff declined to say if he considers Kerns' statements a confession. But he said he does expect prosecutors to ask a grand jury to indict Kerns and Hayslip's daughter, Tracy Sowards, 44, soon for their alleged roles in the elderly woman's slaying.
"You are looking at murder, conspiracy to commit murder and at least abuse of a corpse," Reader said Monday...

** Continue reading article to find out what happened (or didn’t happen) to John Kern. **

There's the name Corporal William Standsberry, again, which bothers me. Anyone else? JMO

June 2018

His common plea court records is what concerns me.

You know, everyone. As I lay my head down to go to sleep and pray the Lord my soul to keep, I just had a thought. All the questions have been answered. The last lady has sung. And God has poured out justice to be served. The long investigation has ended with countless pieces of evidence against all 4 Wagners..as being the ones who meticouusly planned, plotted,.and carried out every one of the 8 brutal murders. May they all die at the death penalty for they do not deserve less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquín Tórrez