Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we have GS "walking slowly" to the truck...…..

Surveillance video shows stepmom with Colorado boy before he went missing

I'm lost, y'all. Perplexed. Confused.
"Walking slowly" as opposed to running, happy, excited? Or in not feeling well? Not wanting to go?

Every time I think I have some type of direction this thing is going, it throws me.
Gannon, where are you???

It's COLD today. Supposed to be below zero tonight. Snowed last night. Most school districts aren't open today. Bless anybody out there looking for him today.
Could he have been suffering from his "stomach pain"? Toxicology would show what he was suffering from maybe? Was he left somewhere?! Alone?! OMG

Yup, for Miralax ...she is an idiot, would have done better with a written statement even with her lies.

I buy Miralax at Walmart.

With my insurance, if it's an RX I dont have to pay for it. Over the counter I pay retail price. Maybe she didnt want to pay. I'm not defending her, just saying that may be why she got a script, if that's the case.

I hadn't seen the part yet about him walking slowly. This is even worse and tells me he was reluctant, scared or injured. I agree that that would play a big part in the father's reaction. Something happened inside, is still my thought. Thank you for the link. I'm going to read it again.
Exactly. THIS would explain to me a bit more about why Dad's reaction was the way it was.

I know a lot of times when we are hiking or even driving up in the mountains, etc, we have absolutely no service, no bars, nothing. Do you know if a cell provider could still track a phone if there is no signal? I'm hoping so, if she did drive out a ways.
You get those moments where you have bars here and there so I would think that different towers would help them figure out a general area. When we're in the mountains we sometimes luck out and get 1 minute of service before it's gone again. We recently went through there and on to Canon City and we had full coverage the whole time.

Jmo I think when a child may be in danger the requirements for search warrants are at least reduced...some sort of emergency situation? Does anyone know for sure? Still wondering if this house search WAS the first one...why. Also trying to research re: permission to search...do all residents have to give it or just the owner...is Gitana here?

Anyway still stuck on why house was not thoroughly search right away...or at least as soon as LE said he was not seen on video...jmo

I know a lot of times when we are hiking or even driving up in the mountains, etc, we have absolutely no service, no bars, nothing. Do you know if a cell provider could still track a phone if there is no signal? I'm hoping so, if she did drive out a ways.
Even if she drove through areas without cell coverage, a picture would still emerge.

It wouldn’t be as specific as if she had continuous communication with cell towers, but it would give them a general idea (she went out of service here, and came back into service here).

It seems that the original camera reviews were probably around 3-4 PM on Monday, based on when it was believed he walked away from the home. I'd expect police have footage from multiple cameras in the area. The neighbor has said they went back on their camera as far as Saturday. That's 2 days before the date he was believed to be missing. If police are reviewing tape from many cameras, it would take them awhile to go back 2 days on all of them. Also, I would expect since they clearly know he's missing, their first priority is using resources to locate him, not put a lot of them on viewing videos. I would guess the police would have eventually seen whatever the neighbor found too. I don't fault officers at all. Their first priority needs to be to find the boy, in case he is alive and in danger still. Corroborating a crime is secondary to his safety.
It would be useful if everyone for a few blocks in every direction did what this man did and go back through any video they have. They might spot the red truck and you might be able to see how many passengers are in it and to/from which direction it was going.

You get those moments where you have bars here and there so I would think that different towers would help them figure out a general area. When we're in the mountains we sometimes luck out and get 1 minute of service before it's gone again. We recently went through there and on to Canon City and we had full coverage the whole time.
Ahhhh, yes that makes sense. Thank you! I know I have had a hiking app on sometimes, and I'm guessing it probably catches something here and there once in a while to track. I have zip knowledge about that, so thank you!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The items removed from the house had to be evidence. They were wrapped in evidence bags.

Didn't they have a forensics team there?
Why the need if a crime has not been committed? They must have a pretty good reason to believe a crime took place for them to obtain a search warrant.

They would have had an item for the canines in the beginning, when they first started searching.

The family had been living in the home before evidence led LE to search and remove items so we don't know if they are there at this time.

We don't have all the facts, but we certainly have a lot to go by from the stepmother's interview alone, and all the things that contradict her statements.

If she is innocent of any wrong doing then why the need to lie and why does her story keep changing?

Why so defensive? An innocent person does not usually respond this way. It's obvious that she is hiding something and very likely that she either knows what happened or is directly involved.

Imo

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't seen the part yet about him walking slowly. This is even worse and tells me he was reluctant, scared or injured. I agree that that would play a big part in the father's reaction. Something happened inside, is still my thought. Thank you for the link. I'm going to read it again.
MOO-

I think he may have been drugged or poisoned. This would explain his stomach issue, walking slowly, and would be useful if the plan was to kill him all along.

The evidence they gathered in the house could have been places where someone tried to clean up vomit.

But I think it said that the media, (ABC) has been making the attempts, and she has not responded to them. It doesn't say that she isn't cooperating with LE. Or did I miss it too?
Good point. ^^^

I noticed in the first presser and today LE were asked both times if step mom was cooperating... the said "no comment".
So who knows ?
I'd assume if she was we'd know where Gannon is , dead or alive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member