Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I tried to quote both posts that responded to mine, but it glitched and I lost one. At any rate, I'm wondering if she made it sound like no big deal in order to get LE to take their time getting out there and maybe even stated it was a non emergency thinking it wouldn't be recorded.

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well. Even though I understand (per others posts - thank you;) that one could call 911 and be routed to the sheriff’s office for non-emergency - one could also quite literally just call the local 10 digit # for the sheriff’s office to report a non-emergency if they were trying to game the system somehow (unlikely to succeed, but they may believe they could influence a desired outcome)?

I've taken specific notice of this. Almost like she's running the show. She doesn't want to be suspect yet she is suspect!

And everyone seems to be hanging on her every word. WTF? Maybe just maybe this is a very tumaltious situation where LE or anyone else is afraid to tip the scales of justice. Gannon may well lie in the balance!

I have followed cases for over two decades and I've never seen anything like this. Heather Elvis went missing in December of 2013. She was never found but the people responsible have been locked up. Danielle Stislicki went missing in December of 2018, I believe, she was never found but Floyd Galloway was charged in her disappearance. Both of these cases were won on nothing more than circumstantial evidence, no bodies!

So, here we sit and LE seems like they are in between a rock and a very hard place.

In the Heather Elvis case, Sydney Moorer was charged with Obstruction of justice. How is this case any different? If LS left with Gannon at 10 Am on Monday and came back without him at 2 PM on Monday, where was she? What happened to Gannon? Has she been questioned about this? Or has she lawyered up? Something is deffinitely off...it almost seems like a stalemate.

MOO. They want more charges than abandonment.

At this point I so desperately want Gannon found. Arrest SM and in exchange for his location we can do a somewhat lesser charge....

I go to bed thinking of him and praying, I wake up thinking of him and praying, I drive around looking for him or anything that might help, I try to keep my eyes open whenever I go anywhere. He is on my mind 24/7. I have cried more these past two weeks than I can even describe, all over a little guy that I have never even met. We all love you, Gannon. We are praying for a miracle for you. Holding onto hope like your Mom asked us to.

Yes, this is what I was thinking as well. Even though I understand (per others posts - thank you;) that one could call 911 and be routed to the sheriff’s office for non-emergency - one could also quite literally just call the local 10 digit # for the sheriff’s office to report a non-emergency if they were trying to game the system somehow (unlikely to succeed, but they may believe they could influence a desired outcome)?

Sheriff would respond to their address anyway as they are not within city limits. They are county.

I've taken specific notice of this. Almost like she's running the show. She doesn't want to be suspect yet she is suspect!

And everyone seems to be hanging on her every word. WTF? Maybe just maybe this is a very tumaltious situation where LE or anyone else is afraid to tip the scales of justice. Gannon may well lie in the balance!

I have followed cases for over two decades and I've never seen anything like this. Heather Elvis went missing in December of 2013. She was never found but the people responsible have been locked up. Danielle Stislicki went missing in December of 2018, I believe, she was never found but Floyd Galloway was charged in her disappearance. Both of these cases were won on nothing more than circumstantial evidence, no bodies!

So, here we sit and LE seems like they are in between a rock and a very hard place.

In the Heather Elvis case, Sydney Moorer was charged with Obstruction of justice. How is this case any different? If LS left with Gannon at 10 Am on Monday and came back without him at 2 PM on Monday, where was she? What happened to Gannon? Has she been questioned about this? Or has she lawyered up? Something is deffinitely off...it almost seems like a stalemate.

It is pretty strange isn't it? No suspect, no POI, no one cleared, no descriptions of suspicious vehicles released, not "a criminal investigation", no Gannon.
I'm in Canada and generally law enforcement here is really tight lipped while anything is being investigated. Even here I've never seen a missing kid case where so few details make it to the media and where LE isn't releasing certain info and appealing to the public for help to fill in the blanks.
Maybe there aren't blanks to fill in? But then why no arrest?

It is pretty strange isn't it? No suspect, no POI, no one cleared, no descriptions of suspicious vehicles released, not "a criminal investigation", no Gannon.
I'm in Canada and generally law enforcement here is really tight lipped while anything is being investigated. Even here I've never seen a missing kid case where so few details make it to the media and where LE isn't releasing certain info and appealing to the public for help to fill in the blanks.
Maybe there aren't blanks to fill in? But then why no arrest?

I honestly believe there are blanks to fill in! The Sheriff's Department asked for help! They just asked tonight for any information regarding the search for Gannon! That means something for sure!
ETA
I believe there are missing pieces in the puzzle.

This situation keeps making me think of sweet young Maleah Davis. Similarities of parent being out of town, child missing school, reporting story not matching up with neighborhood surveillance videos, child having medical needs/medications, etc - and I just pray and PRAY that there is a better outcome here for Gannon and his family... almost having cognitive dissonance - while wanting to be able to believe that LS just happens to have this personality that is off-putting/abrupt/selfish and that her words and actions (in her news interview) are just unfortunate missteps that seem worse than they actually are - so that I can have hope... But, sometimes you just have a feeling from the beginning. I want to hope though. However things unfold ——> putting it out to the universe: bring Gannon home!

Last edited:
At this point I so desperately want Gannon found. Arrest SM and in exchange for his location we can do a somewhat lesser charge....

I completely understand where you are coming from, but IF Stepmom had ANYTHING to do ( I know we have info on this piece of )with Gannon's disappearance ( we'll call it that) I want the book thrown, I mean a library fight! IMO

I honestly believe there are blanks to fill in! The Sheriff's Department asked for help! They just asked tonight for any information regarding the search for Gannon! That means something for sure!
ETA
I believe there are missing pieces in the puzzle.

I believe there's only one missing piece to the puzzle.

Unfortunately, it's the most important one, in every respect.

We're missing Gannon…he's the final piece to the puzzle for LE.

I think they have the rest of it worked out.

JMO.

Last edited:
Woo Doggie 400 Tips now. Please let that literally be the tipping point. So Gannon will be found.
I pray all day long that he will be found.
It has hit me hard tonight for some reason, more than any other night.
God Bless his parents, I just cant imagine the pain they are feeling and my heart bleeds for them.

A couple recent cases were Harley Dilly and Heidi Broussard. In Harley case a good percentage of people where going after mom like she was directly involved with disappearance. Wrong. In Heidi's case a lot of folks went off on boyfriend as being involved. Wrong. One thing I learned in both cases is my personal hinky sensor can have strong false alarms. So there's that.

Those two cases had very unusual endings that can't be compared to the norm. We would have to ignore an awful lot of info in this case to believe TS is not involved. IMO, there has to be a lot of mental gymnastics done to make another theory work with other than the obvious one.

I believe there's only one missing piece to the puzzle.

Unfortunately, it's the most important one, in every respect.

We're missing Gannon…he's the final piece to the puzzle for LE.

I think they have the rest of it worked out.

JMO.

Exactly!
Those two cases had very unusual endings that can't be compared to the norm. We would have to ignore an awful lot of info in this case to believe TS is not involved. IMO, there has to be a lot of mental gymnastics done to make another theory work with other than the obvious one.

My sentiments exactly!

It is a possibility that LE have not called this a criminal investigation because they are not acknowledging they disbelieve her. This is likely to give her a false sense of security and hopefully she trips up.
If an arrest precedes finding Gannon, he may never be found.
I dread hearing of an arrest without Gannon's location included in the report.
Poor little kid, how he must have suffered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member