IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
day one here, also. yes the friend of JR who drove home, DB, could have taken her and dropped her any where on the road to Michigan. I can't tell you the hours I spent poking into DB's family in MI. what a bunch of entitled prats. Even after his girlfriend went missing after being in JRs apt, JW, her boyfriend, still bought a building and went into biz w. JR. Years after LS disappeared, another woman was brutally murdered and the perp was all over the exact area, knew the only eye witness(!!) to seeing Lauren smack her head, was in front of the same place and was seen on camera following the cab the murdered girl started out for her house in!
So....we've got the friends who were all up to their ears in drugs, sex, and betrayal running
parallel to vicious sexual predators who know the lay of the land BETTER than the kids or the
cops. But I tell ya, this will be solved.
oh, and also, our Timeline/area map we put together is still the most comprehensive crime map
for the area. This map contains the triangulation of three separate crimes: Lauren, Hannah, and the unnamed woman who survived a vicious rape and strangulation, left for dead by Hannah's killer.

What people need to know about this map is, it hasn't faded away. It's still very relevant for future crimes! It starts downtown, and the triangle is Kilroy's, Yogi's, and the apts and houses surrounding. All 3 victims lived in that triangulation, so they were all 3 partying and returning home within this triangle.

Then, we expounded the triangle outwards according to where the criminals involved
lived, associated, and were incarcerated, checked the surrounding jails, found that Hannah's convicted killer and another suspect in Lauren's disappearance were incarcerated together. hey, you tell me.
is that suspicious?

Started to think that Lauren's friend JR and her boyfriend JW were plotting that JW would wait at the corner to take Lauren home never suspecting that this creepy guy had been watching all these kids running up and down the alley, waiting for Lauren because he saw her messed up and in the middle of a drama at Kilroy's, just like he saw Hannah in the same situation three years later.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it strange that two homeless men, one who allegedly spoke to police and booked it shortly after, and another who allegedly heard a scream around 4:15/4:30, was found dead two days later in a dumpster with no obituary to be found?

The man found dead in the dumpster some say died of an OD, but we have zero proof of that, and the other left town.... why would he leave town after speaking to BP? of course it’s very easy to relocate when you are homeless, but was he afraid of some repercussions by coming forward with information? and if he was indeed afraid, WHO was he afraid of? surely not the boys allegedly involved.... I’ve also listened numerous podcasts, and seen a lot of Webslueth posts about this case and there are so many “blurry spots” about the timeline. There’s also the withholding of the surveillance footage of when LS was allegedly stumbling and falling down around her Smallwood apartments. We have no indication of if she was maybe looking for her keys to get back into her appt, if she was indeed in the “ extremely messed up” state she was in and how messed up she truly was. Her keys and purse were found in the alley, so why didn’t she ever get back into her appt? We also have her going to JR appt and placing two calls from his phone. One call is allegedly to DR - No Answer... the other call is to who (?)... again, no answer... I know i’m jumping around all over the place, i’m just pointing out certain things in this case I found strange. Imo, with no basis whatsoever other than an opinion to be clear, I think the calls were placed to get more drugs, the cocaine found in her appt proves she may have had none on her and wanted to obtain more. I believe this nights main thesis was the pursuit of more drugs. If i’m correct, based on again, nothing other than an opinion, but we’re 9 years out and still have ZERO leads, who was supplying the drugs? College kids obviously, but the bigger question is where is said drug dealer getting HIS\HER drugs from? the answer is a “bigger dealer.” A bigger dealer is more likely to be dangerous and if no one on campus had the drugs they were looking for, they may have had to get in contact with a more dangerous dealer. This sort of brings me back to the homeless men missing. A big shot drug dealer, if they are dangerous, may have connections, the kind that make seemingly unimportant people (not that homeless ppl aren’t important ppl they 100 percent are) but in the public’s eye, unimportant ppl, leave town. The homeless men were also more than likely into drugs themselves so their knowledge of a dangerous drug dealer would make sense, which could be why one of them booked it out of town as quickly as he could (allegedly). I think ppl often look at this case as either “the boy’s did it” or “she was abducted/ murdered” or “it was DM.” But we never stopped to think maybe the boys know AND someone else knows, and they share a common reason to get rid of LS. What if she died in the presence of someone “dangerous” and the boys involved we’re there as well. It proves why the boys would never speak up, they may be afraid of what this alleged person may or may not do to them/ their families were they ever to speak up. This is all conjecture of course. I may be way off and sorta lean towards thinking it was a random abduction, I just felt it was strange that the BP held their cards so close to their chest in this case. Not only did the public never see the surveillance videos, her own parents haven’t even seen them. Lastly, the white truck that circled around twice that night, I forget but in one of the podcasts the speaker said “the white truck was cleared” But why? why don’t we ever get an explanation as to why it was cleared? I look at that photo and I know it’s blurry and impossible to truly tel but I see LS, or SOMEONE huddled in the back of the pickup, that’s just me though. Lastly, the BP are seen at the boys appts 26 DAYS after she went missing, that in insane to me! almost a month out ! Anyway these are just conjectures and i’m sure nothing will come of it bc it’s been so long, but I believe there are bigger moving parts at play in this case.

Last edited:
I will always go back to her boyfriend. I had a girlfriend in college and we were in contact constantly. And for the record, I would not be OK with her going out and drinking with guys. We know what college guys want. But there is no communication between the two at all, zero. This suggests something. Then you have him leaving town and refusing to be questioned. This ain't complicated, he knows something.

This just broke my heart this morning. Charlene Spierer looking for recs to donate furniture on my local neighbor website. I live in the same town. She posted on the family’s official page a few weeks back that she was attempting to start going through Lauren’s things after 8 years.

Attachments

• 1E295257-C78A-4718-B052-6E2F7D40D2CE.jpeg
    1E295257-C78A-4718-B052-6E2F7D40D2CE.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 624F1705-A8C3-420E-8479-AB2F17AA6BD9.jpeg
    624F1705-A8C3-420E-8479-AB2F17AA6BD9.jpeg
    273.1 KB · Views: 77
Does anyone else find it strange that two homeless men, one who allegedly spoke to police and booked it shortly after, and another who allegedly heard a scream around 4:15/4:30, was found dead two days later in a dumpster with no obituary to be found?

yes, there is the big dealer theory. Somewhere on these threads, there is a video of a party
where some college kids are partying with older people, allegedly a dealer's apt in 10th and College, that was posted by someone who was at the party. been awhile but an older woman teases and kisses one of the POIs in the case. The video just popped up anonymously.

Lauren didn't really need to look for more drugs, though. She was possibly present during a big drug deal and could have ODd during or shortly after the deal. the second call could have been for narcon.

Years ago I was outside a downtown bar with my friend and I told her we shouldn't be out in the parking lot, it looked dangerous. she scoffed, so we asked the cop as we were going back in, if it was dangerous. He said that very bad people wait outside at these bars, just waiting for a little
lost lamb to come running out, upset, separated from her friends and not paying attention.

The man in prison for killing Hannah Wilson four years later was waiting outside Kilroys, saw her upset, heard the whole thing, including her loudly and repeatedly asking her guy friend to come home with her but he refused and her friends shoved her into the cab, loudly giving her address to the driver. He followed the cab, abducted her from her house as soon as she arrived, and drove her out to lake lemon where he killed her.

Lauren had an altercation at Kilroy's, ran out without her shoes, towards her apt building, made it inside only to be attacked, the effects from the shots she drank at Kilroys kicking in, now
she and her friend are haphazardly escaping and trying to make it up an alley.

Again, she's in the killer's kill zone, and he's looking for a specific type: blacked out girl, in an
altercation. Thataway, lots of POIs to choose from.

If the cousin did drive her away in his trunk, he sat cool as a cucumber at the Runcible Spoon
and texted about his corned beef sandwich before leaving town.

Any detective taking this case on as a cold case should definitely use the threads on here.
Hard to describe the detail work on here, the hours we spent combing over every inch of her
route and timeline, the sleuthing of the POI, their business dealings, the whole mess.

Obsession doesn't describe it, this happened in my home town then happened again, and funny
hasn't happened again since this guy's in jail.

The man found dead in the dumpster some say died of an OD, but we have zero proof of that, and the other left town.... why would he leave town after speaking to BP? of course it’s very easy to relocate when you are homeless, but was he afraid of some repercussions by coming forward with information? and if he was indeed afraid, WHO was he afraid of? surely not the boys allegedly involved.... I’ve also listened numerous podcasts, and seen a lot of Webslueth posts about this case and there are so many “blurry spots” about the timeline. There’s also the withholding of the surveillance footage of when LS was allegedly stumbling and falling down around her Smallwood apartments. We have no indication of if she was maybe looking for her keys to get back into her appt, if she was indeed in the “ extremely messed up” state she was in and how messed up she truly was. Her keys and purse were found in the alley, so why didn’t she ever get back into her appt? We also have her going to JR appt and placing two calls from his phone. One call is allegedly to DR - No Answer... the other call is to who (?)... again, no answer... I know i’m jumping around all over the place, i’m just pointing out certain things in this case I found strange. Imo, with no basis whatsoever other than an opinion to be clear, I think the calls were placed to get more drugs, the cocaine found in her appt proves she may have had none on her and wanted to obtain more. I believe this nights main thesis was the pursuit of more drugs. If i’m correct, based on again, nothing other than an opinion, but we’re 9 years out and still have ZERO leads, who was supplying the drugs? College kids obviously, but the bigger question is where is said drug dealer getting HIS\HER drugs from? the answer is a “bigger dealer.” A bigger dealer is more likely to be dangerous and if no one on campus had the drugs they were looking for, they may have had to get in contact with a more dangerous dealer. This sort of brings me back to the homeless men missing. A big shot drug dealer, if they are dangerous, may have connections, the kind that make seemingly unimportant people (not that homeless ppl aren’t important ppl they 100 percent are) but in the public’s eye, unimportant ppl, leave town. The homeless men were also more than likely into drugs themselves so their knowledge of a dangerous drug dealer would make sense, which could be why one of them booked it out of town as quickly as he could (allegedly). I think ppl often look at this case as either “the boy’s did it” or “she was abducted/ murdered” or “it was DM.” But we never stopped to think maybe the boys know AND someone else knows, and they share a common reason to get rid of LS. What if she died in the presence of someone “dangerous” and the boys involved we’re there as well. It proves why the boys would never speak up, they may be afraid of what this alleged person may or may not do to them/ their families were they ever to speak up. This is all conjecture of course. I may be way off and sorta lean towards thinking it was a random abduction, I just felt it was strange that the BP held their cards so close to their chest in this case. Not only did the public never see the surveillance videos, her own parents haven’t even seen them. Lastly, the white truck that circled around twice that night, I forget but in one of the podcasts the speaker said “the white truck was cleared” But why? why don’t we ever get an explanation as to why it was cleared? I look at that photo and I know it’s blurry and impossible to truly tel but I see LS, or SOMEONE huddled in the back of the pickup, that’s just me though. Lastly, the BP are seen at the boys appts 26 DAYS after she went missing, that in insane to me! almost a month out ! Anyway these are just conjectures and i’m sure nothing will come of it bc it’s been so long, but I believe there are bigger moving parts at play in this case.

It was reported that this scream came from a homeless man who was later found dead in a dumpster
very interesting idea about him possibly working on the construction site. I know we
put him through the wringer on here, and suspected him of possibly paving over her. The cadaver
dogs hit strongly both in his "spare" camper on the property and on the grounds. He is MOST DEFINITELY triangulated on our timeline map. Let me go find that map and repost it.

Last edited:
Our forum admin can add a custom bbcode to allow us to embed maps BB Code Enhancements - Interactive Google Maps In Post - vBulletin.org Forum

Attached Files:
here are the two maps. but if anyone wants to go to the original map that yeahbabs posted here, the maps are interactive, have other features such as
timelines, abil;ity to enhance map, and much more.
Can anyone copy/link @yeahbab ‘s post here? I’m not finding it when I search.

I followed Lauren’s case in the media (best I could in CO) but didn’t know about WS at the time. I’m always happy to see her case pop up in my watched threads and know she hasn’t been forgotten. Have to admit though each time I click I’m disappointed there’s no break in the case. Hopefully someday .....

Can anyone copy/link @yeahbab ‘s post here? I’m not finding it when I search.

I followed Lauren’s case in the media (best I could in CO) but didn’t know about WS at the time. I’m always happy to see her case pop up in my watched threads and know she hasn’t been forgotten. Have to admit though each time I click I’m disappointed there’s no break in the case. Hopefully someday .....
LS Map - خرائطي على Google
I think this is it, otherwise, go to about page 11 on this thread and yeahbabs gives a link

also - what is CR was the supplier of the drugs to her? With the odd relationship between the two (and their recent meeting) theres a question that as an option which would push manslaughter even over negligence.

Lauren was not new to drugs. She was a frequent user and hung out with other kids who also used drugs and partied hard. She knew where to get them and who had them to sell long before she met CR. I think that would be hard to pin on him, especially if it's true that she had her own stash in her bedroom. I don't recall if that was a rumor or a fact. But she traveled with a wealthy and wild crowd and I suspect they all had plenty of drugs floating around on any given night.

Lauren was not new to drugs. She was a frequent user and hung out with other kids who also used drugs and partied hard. She knew where to get them and who had them to sell long before she met CR. I think that would be hard to pin on him, especially if it's true that she had her own stash in her bedroom. I don't recall if that was a rumor or a fact. But she traveled with a wealthy and wild crowd and I suspect they all had plenty of drugs floating around on any given night.

Ellamae, yes, they were into drugs. And had plenty of money to buy them. This has been well
established. Many layers of coverup and blame

I just did a YouTube video on this case so I’m fresh on some of the details you’re talking about and hopefully can answer some questions. The other call CR made was to a friend of his but the name has never been released. Neither this friend nor DR picked up the phone, however, so we don’t know if it was Lauren using CR’s phone or CR himself making the calls. I find it strange that the name of the friend who CR calls besides DR hasn’t been released. I also agree with you that it’s strange that the footage of Lauren in the alley hasn’t been released, especially the footage of her leaving behind her purse and keys. Also, if she had taken that same route home from CR’s apartment, why isn’t there any known footage of her in the alley going back home after said stumbling footage where she leaves behind her belongings? IMO the lack of footage means that she either didn’t leave CR’s apartment that night or she didn’t make it very far on her route home. Does anyone know if there was a way she could’ve taken home that didn’t use the alley?
IMO all signs lead to Lauren never leaving CR’s that night.

I think you mean JR's phone, as CR was supposedly asleep by this point. Also, according to JR he last saw her heading south on College Ave from 11th St, towards Smallwood. I haven't seen any reports that said she went back down the alley the way she came.

ETA: swapped Ave and St.

I think you mean JR's phone, as CR was supposedly asleep by this point. Also, according to JR he last saw her heading south on College Ave from 11th St, towards Smallwood. I haven't seen any reports that said she went back down the alley the way she came.

ETA: swapped Ave and St.
Sorry, yes I meant JR. And that’s good to know. Just wondering if there were any CCTV cameras along the route home that could’ve captured her on the way.

Hard to believe it's been nine years....

To people new to this case, you are mixing up the people a bit.

If you are interested enough to read the entire 35 threads, I have to say, you won't be disappointed in the amount of detailed info contained therein.
Nor in the amount of love felt for Lauren and her family.

You will find recordings of every single press conference. Detailed maps of the crime areas triangulated with timelines and witness reports.

We documented every foot of the apartment buildings, every single camera, parking lot and alley, many of which don't exist anymore, and for all we know, are only documented now in respect to Lauren's case here on Websleuths.

Every person has been gone over. Some of us received time outs by going too far. In the middle of
this thread, page 11 or so, we began conceiving of the comprehensive map encompassing
everyone from the suspected friends to the suspected associates of an arrested killer who operated in the same area Lauren disappeared from cross-referenced with timelines and
victims.

The threads are a fascinating read and will draw you down a rabbit hole you may never
emerge from. Just wish it wasn't true.

Last edited:
something just hit me. but! this information is buried deep within these threads. and I don't
have any idea where.

someone help me...early on, there was what seemed to be a selfie of HT, Lauren's friend and roommate. On her tongue sticking out was a double bar of Xanax. around her on the counter
was paraphernalia to make Lemon Drops--Vodka bottle, Lemonade liter, shot glasses. IIRC,
she posted this herself. Someone here found it and reposted it.

then...again pretty early on, someone, iirc, anonymously, posted a video. On the video,
we see a crowded party and one of the POIs was being seduced by an older woman (he, 20-21,
her 35.) she was trying to kiss him and onlookers were laughing at his shyness. let's see,
he was J something and he lived at 10th and College--anyway, they were at party definitely older crowd mixing with younger crowd.

What if.....the video and selfie were the same party. If so, which party was it? Guessing, it looks like one of the nicer apartments at 10th and Cm or V.

Maybe Lauren and CR were trying to get in this apartment, either it's ZC's apartment, or they were buzzing ZC's apt to get her to let them in this party?

Or what if it was the pre-game party at Smallwood? remember, HT described it as a
sitting around having wine.

For some reason, we didn't associate these clues with the night she disappeared. They
could also represent two DIFFERENT parties that night. The selfie of HT could have been
the party at JR's, the kitchen of the 10th and C party, or the kitchen at the Smallwood party.

If so, was HT popping Xanax that night, knocking back lemon drops and posting it?
IIRC ZC told the Herald Times that she witnessed Lauren doing shots.

In essence, the video could have been of a party heretofore undiscussed that
coincided with the 2 other parties, we know about.

I do remember we discussed the older people looked jaded, like drug dealers, kinda
old for their probable ages.

Now I think someone posted the video so we would put two and two together with
HT's selfie. We need to get the selfie and the video together and see if it looks like
the same apartment.

something just hit me. but! this information is buried deep within these threads. and I don't
have any idea where.

someone help me...early on, there was what seemed to be a selfie of HT, Lauren's friend and roommate. On her tongue sticking out was a double bar of Xanax. around her on the counter
was paraphernalia to make Lemon Drops--Vodka bottle, Lemonade liter, shot glasses. IIRC,
she posted this herself. Someone here found it and reposted it.

then...again pretty early on, someone, iirc, anonymously, posted a video. On the video,
we see a crowded party and one of the POIs was being seduced by an older woman (he, 20-21,
her 35.) she was trying to kiss him and onlookers were laughing at his shyness. let's see,
he was J something and he lived at 10th and College--anyway, they were at party definitely older crowd mixing with younger crowd.

What if.....the video and selfie were the same party. If so, which party was it? Guessing, it looks like one of the nicer apartments at 10th and Cm or V.

Maybe Lauren and CR were trying to get in this apartment, either it's ZC's apartment, or they were buzzing ZC's apt to get her to let them in this party?

Or what if it was the pre-game party at Smallwood? remember, HT described it as a
sitting around having wine.

For some reason, we didn't associate these clues with the night she disappeared. They
could also represent two DIFFERENT parties that night. The selfie of HT could have been
the party at JR's, the kitchen of the 10th and C party, or the kitchen at the Smallwood party.

If so, was HT popping Xanax that night, knocking back lemon drops and posting it?
IIRC ZC told the Herald Times that she witnessed Lauren doing shots.

In essence, the video could have been of a party heretofore undiscussed that
coincided with the 2 other parties, we know about.

I do remember we discussed the older people looked jaded, like drug dealers, kinda
old for their probable ages.

Now I think someone posted the video so we would put two and two together with
HT's selfie. We need to get the selfie and the video together and see if it looks like
the same apartment.

Attachments

• DIRTY_php8Jzzk7.jpg
    DIRTY_php8Jzzk7.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 150
yes that's it! thanks! you're the best and hope you're doing well. what do you think?

yes that's it! thanks! you're the best and hope you're doing well. what do you think?

I'm not sure what to think.
Are you saying there is actual video of this too?
Or video of a similar party with old and young people mixing, and you want to compare to see if it's the same party?

I'm doing well, hope you are too.
Been a while since I've been in here.

Not sure if you remember but Bloomington is home for me. Although I've been in the south for about 13 years.

I'm not sure what to think.
Are you saying there is actual video of this too?
Or video of a similar party with old and young people mixing, and you want to compare to see if it's the same party?

I'm doing well, hope you are too.
Been a while since I've been in here.

Not sure if you remember but Bloomington is home for me. Although I've been in the south for about 13 years.
yes I remember you talked about spooky catfishing in the forest when I was talking about yellowwood being scary at night.
Yes I wanted to compare the parties. The décor doesn't look like the girls, the wine bottle
still life and is that a poster of John Lennon?
The bartender witness visited "a boy" at 10th and C-V?. She said she circled the block, to do that, you must go all around 10th and C and V.
Anyway, she was "slightly older". So, is the video of the woman trying to kiss the J guy the
bartender witness?
Just what if, what if, ZO's roomie, the J guy, was the "boy"?
This could put the friends of ZO (altercation) in the same room with bar the witness that saw Lauren.
hit her head at 338 on the night she disappeared, and possibly HT was there?
Let us not forget the bar witness knew Messell. She worked at Yogis where DM stalked Hannah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard