IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #35

Discussion in 'Lauren Spierer' started by bessie, Feb 3, 2016.

1. somequestions

somequestions Well-Known Member

Anything is possible. I did not know about the bartender witness. I did not follow this case as it happened in June 2011. I remembered it from the news because I remember it was a big story not too long after Holly Bobo and thought I would take a look at it. If Lauren Spierer was placed outside of the apartments she left that night, why is there still so much suspicion surrounding those friends of hers?

It could possibly be the same man, but as you wrote, the cameras would have picked up any vehicles circling the area that night. Wouldn't they have picked up DM's vehicle too?

It seems strange too that DM would leave Hannah Graham in such an open noticeable place, yet obviously would have to have found a very good spot to hide Lauren Spierer's body(if she is deceased). And the Graham case happened in 2015, after the Spierer case. Is it possible in the Spierer case from 2011 DM did not use a car and came up with the perfect place to hide a body, yet in 2015 did use a car and left the body out in the open? Yes it is possible, but in my opinion, that is why I have a hard time believing it is probably the same man.

But when you have no idea what happened anything is possible and any theory is out on the table to be discussed. I only hope someday the police will release the rest of the video surveillance from that night and let us armchair detectives take a look at it. Maybe there is something we or someone else from the Bloomington, Indiana area see that can help solve the case?

Colorado303 likes this.

2. Ixchel13

Ixchel13 Well-Known Member

Its Hannah WILSON, not Graham. That's another case.
    When starting into a cold case like Laurens, its a good idea to
    read through the threads. Members like BTown and Vidocq and others including myself have tracked down and documented every camera, which way they pointed, etc. We might have the most accurate record of these cameras, because now most of the cameras are gone as the entire area has been renovated.

We figured out the areas Lauren could be removed from and there were several large areas missing cameras, this we checked and tripled and quadrupled checked. Again, using the map if you look to the NW that's where, right out of the back parking lot behind 5N, no camera.

Many of the news stories were inaccurate. Her friends and acquaintances were obviously lying about many things.

The bar witness was not someone who rushed to LE to report seeing Lauren abducted. She was seen circling the building during the timeline Lauren went missing and hauled in for questioning and is most likely still a poi in the case. She actually admitted seeing Lauren fall and get picked up and carried up the STREET. Approx an hour earlier, she also fell and was half carried piggyback up the ALLEY by her date.

This is a big difference. The private investigators viewed the alley tape said that while Lauren was being carried piggyback, in the alley, she was very much alive. Then, bar witness said and hour later she saw Lauren free fall, was knocked out cold and picked up and carried up the street.

IMO either handed off to boyfriend fell (pushed?)and died or
    before boyfriend arrived, DM knocked her down, grabbed her and carried right into the back parking lot behind 5N and out the northwest exit. no cameras.

IMO there are big lies with the 5N pois, which is why they make the perfect suspects. The drugs. They participated in what amounted to a stalking of a friend who ended up dead. and it was their fault even though they didn't actually kill her.
    It was initially a group effort to keep her date out of her apt and if they hadn't done that, she would be alive today. I think people grossly underestimated how many hundreds of millions these people had collectively and how close their families were.
    We were led to believe they were only casual friends and acquaintances and this was on purpose. For example the boyfriends family is worth over a hundred million dollars.
    We traced the net worth of all concerned its impressive by anyone's standards. So, lying and conspiracy to hold and release Lauren, chasing Lauren back into the street, selling her the drugs, etc etc even if ultimately they get off, what a scandal for the businesses.

and before anyone says if they had so much money, why so much investigation of their kids, just look what they did they came in, effectively shut down even looking at certain witnesses such as DB. They did use their money and high powered lawyers to keep a gag order on LE and the evidence.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  3. pinkinablueworld

pinkinablueworld Well-Known Member

This is the BEST summary I have seen here in a very long time. It brought back so many of my emotions concerning her "friends". It has been complete silence from the whole group for all these years. I honestly thought someone would have a conscience, but I guess I'm wrong. I pray for Lauren's family. This case still haunts me. Probably because my kids were also in college at the time.

Colorado303, windrower and Ixchel13 like this.
  4. Ixchel13

I think its Heather Gra
    I think its Heather Graham iirc. Whoa, you just gave me an idea! We should ask Yeah Babs to somehow mark all of the cameras on the map. This would take very, very much research. We can't use any current cameras. For folks who dont live in Bloomington which is most of you, Almost the entire two blocks has been changed, bulldozed, I remember me and Vidocq not together, sleuthed 1Oth and College really well, the courtyards, even a little trespassing--they have changed all of the private door stoops--cops never said where the bar witness saw Lauren fall but I think it was on the east side of Morton St. near the corner. Also, we always assumed JR was talking about letting Lauren go at the corner of 11 and College, but he could have let her out at the corner of Morton and 11. Because we determined that in the summer, JR would not be able to see Lauren on the corner from his balcony! But if she was on the other corner, JR could look right down from his balcony and see her perfectly. Also, CR and MBs townhouse was right there on that corner. hmmm

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Colorado303 likes this.
  5. Ixchel13

thinking hard....not sure if JR ever said what corner, we just thought it was 11th and College. No one corrected us. LE would not do that. The two corners are way different, 11 and Morton had a very scary dark gigantic lot across the street with abandoned railway cars at the end. No camera there and it has no light. 11 and College is bright, camera, traffic at all hours. He could see Lauren at the corner of 11 and Morton but not at the corner of 11 and College. Someone hurry tell me I am wrong

Colorado303 likes this.
  6. Ixchel13

also wanted to add, we have to be careful we do not use social media that used random hearsay, we have to find out if LE told us that JR said he released Lauren to corner of 1o and College. It could be that we did discuss this way back threads but cannot remember.

7. 2nJenn

2nJenn New Member

I’m going to go out on a limb here, but when I watched relentless on the missing case of young Christina, the theory that kept circulating is that she was human trafficked to Peoria which is a place known for this. Then as I saw Peoria on a map I noticed it’s proximity to Bloomington then I started thinking about Lauren’s case. Perhaps she was taken while she was in a vulnerable state. I’m sure traffickers canvas these college towns looking for this type of opportunity… just my thoughts and how Peoria is 35 miles from Bloomington and to get anyone else’s thoughts.

8. 2nJenn

2nJenn New Member

Yes combing would be great sorry new to this site and really wasn’t sure if I jump on other threads or start my own. Now I know. Thanks so much!

Ixchel13 likes this.
  9. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Peoria is 35 miles from Bloomington ILLINOIS and Lauren is missing from Bloomington INDIANA - 250 miles away.

PoppyJune, Colorado303 and Laughing like this.
  10. 2nJenn

2nJenn New Member

oh wow, ha no wonder the two werent put together. I had my states completely mixed up. annnnd now i dont know how to delete this thread to save my embarrassment.

11. Ixchel13

Let me check I think we have one too.

12. Ixchel13

13. Ixchel13

14. PoppyJune

PoppyJune Well-Known Member

After all this time, I still whole heartedly believe that Lauren died from consuming too much alcohol/drugs and then her “friends” disposed of her body. They didn’t kill her and have no problem maintaining their story.