Found Deceased SC - Faye Marie Swetlik, 6, Cayce, 10 Feb 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad he's gone. Too bad he can't face administered justice, but neither can he destroy any other child.

Faye's beautiful joyful eyes break my heart. Rest in peace, sweetheart. You deserved so much more in this life.

All my sympathy to her family, who somehow must find the strength to continue on.

They said they used dogs, did not say exactly where. I would think they would now use dogs that can detect human decomposition, and use them in his house.

JMO, it would have been a search with permission from the resident which more than likely would have involved a 'walk through' of the apartment.
A warrant search would be with dogs and looking inside everything.
JMO.
I could be wrong. Hope someone from LE can chime in on this.

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Lexington County Sheriff Jay Koon standing with @Cayce_DPS⁩ Public Safety Director Byron Snellgrove and other law enforcement leaders as ⁦@LexCoCoroner⁩ Margaret Fisher opens news conference on Faye Swetlik case. #LESM
ERFW4DPXUAIT-CS.jpg

3:06 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove introducing those on platform with him. Sheriff Koon and Coroner Fisher bookending Jody Norris of @fbi and SLED Chief Mark Keel. #LESM
ERFX13IW4AczVb-.jpg

3:10 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove: @Cayce_DPS requested SLED and @FBI assistance around 6 p.m. Monday when search for Faye was still in early phases. #lesm
3:12 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove: @Cayce_DPS and @LCSD_News officers established mobile command post in Faye’s neighborhood on the first night of her disappearance to maintain a presence in the area where she was last seen. @CityofCayce also opened its city hall and established an operations center.
3:16 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove: Officers methodically went through trash as they following trash trucks Thursday, which was usual pick-up day in Faye’s neighborhood, hoping to find something. They found an item related to Faye during search of trash.
3:18 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Adam Myrick on Twitter
Snellgrove: Approximately 300 law enforcement officers were a part of search for Faye and the related operation after her body was found. #LESM
3:21 PM - 18 Feb 2020

It’s scary to think the killer is still living in that neighborhood.
A person that wants to commit suicide would not stab themselves!

CT would have had to kill Faye then take her body to the woods then go back home and plant one piece of evidence in his trash can and then stab himself.
Crazy that anyone would believe that,
Scary that the killer is still roaming free.
And planted all the DNA. Don't forget the DNA.

What a horrible, disgusting monster CT was. Rest in peace, sweet baby girl Faye. She deserved to have a wonderful life. I can only hope mom and grandma will be showered with support and love by their community and anyone else for a very long time to come. My gosh. There are no words.

I have so many questions..none of which are my business. I've grown to care about this sweet girl and her family so much, just as we all have.. so I can't help but wonder.

Could his roommate have been coming home on Thursday morning, prompting CT to move her before his roommate's arrival back home (if he really had not been home during that time).

Does anyone have any thoughts on why CT put one rain boot in the trash? I can't seem to think of any reason for only one rainboot to be put in the trash. (This person was a monster and I'm not saying we will ever be able to or ever want to understand why he did anything..but I'm sure he had the full intention of covering his tracks, considering that he hid her body in the middle of the night). Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

I do wonder so much about what was seen on the videos recovered by LE.
All JMO. If any of this is not allowed, please report or let me know. I rarely post but have been watching this thread since the beginning.

I don't believe he thought any of this through. I believe he acted on impulse, perhaps he had been able to ignore these impulses previously. IDK. MOO
He probably watched Faye on a daily basis, developing a sick infatuation for her. Finally everything worked to his advantage, he was off work & Faye was alone. Moo

Brian McConchie on Twitter
Tonight at 5:30 a vigil has been set for little Faye Swetlik, it is happening at Cayce City Hall on 12th Street in Cayce
ERFl5ZSXYAUkFbp.png

4:11 PM - 18 Feb 2020

Amanda Shaw on Twitter
Cayce police chief says a rain boot and soup ladle with fresh dirt on it were found in the garbage on trash day on Picadilly Square. They immediately did another grid search and recovered Faye Swetlik.
4:14 PM - 18 Feb 2020

What a horrible, disgusting monster CT was. Rest in peace, sweet baby girl Faye. She deserved to have a wonderful life. I can only hope mom and grandma will be showered with support and love by their community and anyone else for a very long time to come. My gosh. There are no words.

I have so many questions..none of which are my business. I've grown to care about this sweet girl and her family so much, just as we all have.. so I can't help but wonder.

Could his roommate have been coming home on Thursday morning, prompting CT to move her before his roommate's arrival back home (if he really had not been home during that time).

Does anyone have any thoughts on why CT put one rain boot in the trash? I can't seem to think of any reason for only one rainboot to be put in the trash. (This person was a monster and I'm not saying we will ever be able to or ever want to understand why he did anything..but I'm sure he had the full intention of covering his tracks, considering that he hid her body in the middle of the night). Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

All JMO. If any of this is not allowed, please report or let me know. I rarely post but have been watching this thread since the beginning.
Perhaps the boot fell off while relocating Faye’s body. He couldn’t risk returning to the site so he threw it out thinking LE wouldn’t keep looking.

What other proof is there besides the Clue in the trash can that could have been easily planted and a suicide that could just as easily be another murder?
Medical examiners have the skills and experience to determine the manner of death - in this case the manner of death was suicide.

From my understanding, LE was active in the immediate area when the perp killed himself.

So with LE reports from the scene and with medical examiner report from the actual body, the determination is that the perp died by suicide.

I believe them.

jmo

Please see below:

The length of time it takes to die following an incised wound of the neck depends on several factors. They include whether the venous or arterial systems are severed and whether there is air embolism [6]. In some instances, victims with single carotid artery cut have moved for about 10 minutes

Homicidal Cut Throat: The Forensic Perspective
(I realize this talks more about homicide, but time to death would still be same)

True. One must consider all the factors that go into
I'm glad he's gone. Too bad he can't face administered justice, but neither can he destroy any other child.

Faye's beautiful joyful eyes break my heart. Rest in peace, sweetheart. You deserved so much more in this life.

All my sympathy to her family, who somehow must find the strength to continue on.

Part of me would rather see CT go to prison and experience the code of inmates.
They would have a field day with him.

(Similar statistics throughout US prison system)
"The AP found that, in California, a third of all inmate homicides happen to sex offenders. That may not seem like much. But when you consider that the California corrections system is rife with gang warfare, the fact that one third of these victims were almost definitely not in gangs is telling."

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/op-ed/article233794677.html#storylink=cpy

I think an experienced coroner can tell the difference between a self inflicted throat cut and a homicide.

It totally makes sense to me that a child killer would kill himself in a brutal, self-hating way. JMO
Most certainly. There is no reason to insinuate that the coroner and/or police are incompetent or corrupt. (Not sure that is what is going on as I've not been able to read all posts.) Good Lord! :eek:

This missing child's case was handled as professionally as any I've ever seen. Mom reported Faye missing at 5:00 pm and police were on the scene by 5:03 and didn't stop until they found this sweet girl. Everyone from Cayce LE to Lexington to SLED, FBI and the Coroners Office perfomed with dignity and compassion in my opinion.

I'm so sorry this happened to Faye and I grieve for her family and loved ones, I can't begin to imagine. Sending them strength to move forward one step at a time.

RIP Faye, you were loved.

Why would he risk putting anything of Faye's in the trash at all? Why not keep it hiding in his home, as it seemed to have "worked" for him when they came to his home on Wednesday..although I know we don't have any confirmation on where Faye was hidden on Wednesday or during those days at all.

All JMO. If any of this is not allowed, please report or let me know. I rarely post but have been watching this thread since the beginning.[/QUOTE]
<snipped by me for focus>
1) LE had searched the trash bins on Wednesday and perhaps he assumed they would not look at the trash on Thursday (the regular garbage pick up day.
2) I think that him still having one of Faye's boots was an accident on his part. Perhaps it fell off her body into the 'bag' with which she had been transported.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member