Found Deceased MI - Adrienne Quintal, 47, called for help, foul play possible, Honor, Benzie Co., 17 Oct 2019 #2

Does that mean if she had stayed put in the cabin and the police had the correct address, she still couldn't have been saved in time?
It doesn’t sound like it since she had a “lethal dose in her system.”
I’m not totally shocked by this but it sure is sad. By all accounts she was a nice person who was very loved. Substance abuse ruins lives and in her case I think she got involved with the wrong people. RIP, Adrienne.

When some of you were wondering when the toxicology results would be known, I was thinking that I didn't have to know this information if there was no crime committed. I was having trouble getting on this site yesterday and wasn't able to post about my thoughts earlier in the day. Then, the toxicology report was made public, and we learned the sad truth about Ada's tragic demise. I almost wish that I hadn't read or heard media reports. I'm saddened to learn that Adrienne must have been struggling with some demons over which she had little or no control. Rest in peace, beautiful lady.

The coroner said she had so much in her system that she would have died whether or not she had disappeared into the woods/water.

I didn't see that certainty in the articles. Toxic<Lethal...
Covering a couple hundred yards of very rough terrain isn't what I'm used to seeing from lethal dosed people. Hypothermia and drowning are pretty lethal alone.

I have very little doubt that LE found the drugs, paraphernalia, etc, from the beginning. While I'm glad they didn't release the info, victim blame/shame, it would have narrowed some of the far-fetched theories being batted about.

I didn't see that certainty in the articles. Toxic<Lethal...
Covering a couple hundred yards of very rough terrain isn't what I'm used to seeing from lethal dosed people. Hypothermia and drowning are pretty lethal alone.

I have very little doubt that LE found the drugs, paraphernalia, etc, from the beginning. While I'm glad they didn't release the info, victim blame/shame, it would have narrowed some of the far-fetched theories being batted about.
Death Of Adrienne Quintal Ruled Accidental
https://wwjnewsradio.radio.com/articles/news/death-of-adrienne-quintal-ruled-accidental
Hey Coffiecat—but this article specifically says it was a lethal dose, not just toxic.
Perhaps they could have saved her had they been able to get there faster (No idea about reviving someone from meth/Valium OD), but it sounds like they think she OD’d and the cold water didn’t help either.

—snipped from article above:

"But the doctor did tell me that there was enough drugs in her system that it was a lethal dose," said Benzie County Sheriff Ted Schendel. "So whether she had stayed in the cabin or not, she would've succumbed to the overdose of drugs."

It doesn’t sound like it since she had a “lethal dose in her system.”
I’m not totally shocked by this but it sure is sad. By all accounts she was a nice person who was very loved. Substance abuse ruins lives and in her case I think she got involved with the wrong people. RIP, Adrienne.
A lethal dose for the average person may be totally different for those that have built up a tolerance.

Last edited:
I'm sad to hear the toxicology results, but satisfied with the answer. I think we all knew the possibility existed.

Good people get mixed up in bad situations, I'm sorry for the loss Adrienne's family suffered.

It is hard to admit a family member has a drug problem and it may have been that she kept it a secret from others. I think her sister said they talked once a week or so and sometimes went a month or so without talking so the family may have not known her issue or thought it was under control. If you have a family member with problems with addiction, you know that they can be very reassuring that the problem is under control even when its not.
Meth is such a horrible drug. I think a lot of strange deaths and disappearances will be attributed to this drug if nothing is done about it.
R.I.P Ada.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back