Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been following and only found out this horrible crime existed. (Yes, it obvious from scanning the info something criminal occurred). Can someone give us newbies a summary of the situation? Hate to ask and will understand if someone sends me to the timeline, which I found confusing for a neophyte like me.

I found that this interactive timeline was the post helpful and straightforward when I was first figuring out this case
The major players and timeline in the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan | East Idaho News

See these 5 most excellent posts by @Gardener1850. Great Work as always, G!! Thanks! :)

Link to All Detailed Case Timelines Parts 1-5 found on Page 1 of this thread:
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Detailed Case Timeline Part 1:
ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Detailed Case Timeline Part 2:

Detailed Case Timeline Part 3:

Detailed Case Timeline Part 4:

Detailed Case Timeline Part 5:

Last edited:
I haven't been following and only found out this horrible crime existed. (Yes, it obvious from scanning the info something criminal occurred). Can someone give us newbies a summary of the situation? Hate to ask and will understand if someone sends me to the timeline, which I found confusing for a neophyte like me.
Most important is there are two children missing. Lori refuses to say where they are or what happened to them. That is the primary objective.

There are the deaths of her husband in July, Chad's wife in October, and Lori's brother in December - who had only been married just 14 days prior. There is a drive by shooting on her niece's ex-husband (before the divorce was final). There were two rapid marriages Lori and Chad 16 days after Chad's wife died. Her niece Melani 36 days after her divorce.

The details and rabbit holes associated with the various individuals and events only lead to more rabbit holes. How many of those end up being a part of what the hell was going on is all yet to be seen.

The short video in this article from one of the ace reporters on the case (Justin Lum in Phoenix) gives a fairly comprehensive summary of the case. Kauai Police: Lori Vallow arrested, accused of felony child abandonment

Hopefully the video, plus the articles cited in response to your question, will ground you and then you can go back to the comprehensive timeline at the start of each thread with a better overall feel for the case. (The timeline, a labor of love from @Gardener1850 , has itself been used in some media, because it's both thorough and accurate.)

Fry
No... One so far. Same person shellz n cheese or something who was defending her insanely on the East Idaho News story. I'm betting on a specific supporter that I happen to have seen a lot of , but who knows.
I saw a forum tonight, can't remember which one, but there was a shellzncheese saying the arrest charges are bogus etc funny I remembered that name when I saw your post. I googled daybell forums and found it but you can prob find it by username. Imo

You could watch the Dateline that came out this past weekend and get caught up

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704

Most important is there are two children missing. Lori refuses to say where they are or what happened to them. That is the primary objective.

There are the deaths of her husband in July, Chad's wife in October, and Lori's brother in December - who had only been married just 14 days prior. There is a drive by shooting on her niece's ex-husband (before the divorce was final). There were two rapid marriages Lori and Chad 16 days after Chad's wife died. Her niece Melani 36 days after her divorce.

The details and rabbit holes associated with the various individuals and events only lead to more rabbit holes. How many of those end up being a part of what the hell was going on is all yet to be seen.

LE will be very busy as 'the above' will take ages to solve, including 'what happened with the kids'.
Thank goodness, Lori isn't laughing, as indicated by the terrific mugshot.
Yippee.

Probably the easiest thing for someone completely new to the story is to watch the Dateline episode from last Friday, "Where are the Children?" Then then timeline will make sense.

https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704

Kauai Police: Lori Vallow arrested, accused of felony child abandonment

Justin Lum
Video in link speaking With Woodcocks
Scroll down in article.

Edit 10pm Fox1 Phx News

Sick thought, but some people have suggested Lori and her brother Alex were physically involved. If that were true, it would explain why one or both of the kids had to be disappeared, their DNA. Probably Tylee's, but then maybe disappearing Joshua was to cover up for Tylee's disappearance.

Maybe Alex wasn't murdered, maybe he killed himself after Lori, in his eyes, left him for Chad, despite all he'd done for her.

It sounds a little Cersei/Jaime, but c'mon, Alex moved states to be right next to her and had a history of threatening and killing her ex husbands...

I've been holding out hope in the 51/49% range with an occasional flip flop that the children are still alive. But I'll admit, having Tylee disappear (9/8) for a lengthy amount of time before JJ (9/23) really puts a damper on my hopes!

LVD and CD certainly never expected this case to blow up in the media like it has. And the kids went missing long before anyone was even really looking for them. Which means the motive for their disappearance had to be evident by September. What information existed then that might motivate a disappearance?
1. Info re: CV death
2. They were already "dead" and replaced by evil spirits?
3. They were in the way
4. KW gets $1M life insurance policy--to spite them?
5. others??

It just doesn't seem plausible that custody was an issue at all at that point. CV was dead and case closed (as far as LVD was concerned), grandparents have few to no rights, crazy statements were all basically hearsay at that point, institutions had released LVD without psychological issues. She was also well acquainted with the custody process and laws. And if they are being hidden away for doomsday, why go into hiding 10 months early??

I'd love to hear some arguments for hiding them that I'm overlooking, if only to keep my hopes up.

Last edited:

Yes, it seems to be a killing spree of some kind. With immediate motives to facilitate immediate needs.

Sick thought, but some people have suggested Lori and her brother Alex were physically involved. If that were true, it would explain why one or both of the kids had to be disappeared, their DNA. Probably Tylee's, but then maybe disappearing Joshua was to cover up for Tylee's disappearance.

Maybe Alex wasn't murdered, maybe he killed himself after Lori, in his eyes, left him for Chad, despite all he'd done for her.

It sounds a little Cersei/Jaime, but c'mon, Alex moved states to be right next to her and had a history of threatening and killing her ex husbands...

Didn't a neighbor overhear them fighting and thought they were a married couple instead of brother and sister?

It's best to read the media thread and/or watch the episode of Dateline that aired on Feb 14th: https://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/where-are-the-children/4114704
It's really too complicated to summarize quickly. There are 2 missing children and 3 to 5 dead adults, plus an attempted murder and a cult-like situation. This case is like 6 or 7 separate cases all rolled into one. The main thing to know is that all the deaths and disappearances connect to the woman just arrested: Lori Norene Cox Ryan Vallow Daybell and her latest husband, husband #5 for Lori, Chad Daybell. Chad hasn't been arrested yet but it's coming IMO.

Below are links to the most recent timeline posted (the ones at the start of the thread are older versions and much has happened-- this case has been non-stop, with new developments almost every single day since Dec 20th 2019, impossible to keep up with but I've tried. I've asked for the new links to be put at the start of the thread for the past 3 or 4 threads but our poor mods can't keep up with the pace of this case either ;) ).

Timeline links (Update 6):
Timeline Part I - (1968 - 2017)
Timeline Part II - (Dec 2017 - July 10 2019)
Timeline Part III - (11 July 2019)
Timeline Part IV - (12 July 2019 - Dec 30 2019)
Timeline Part V - (January 2020)
Timeline Part VI - (February 2020)

iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

Events and Hearings

• 02/18/2020 New Case - Criminal

• 02/18/2020 Criminal Complaint

• 02/18/2020 Affidavit of Probable Cause

Comment
    Detective Ron Ball

• 02/18/2020 Warrant/Det Order Issued - Arrest

• 02/19/2020 Assignment

Comment
    by Trial Court Administrator

• 02/20/2020 Warrant Returned - Served

As I was looking at the dates, my question is what triggered this on 2/18 ? Was there a potential flight risk going on or did LE get some test results back?
    @Jethro4WS I defer to you since I keep ending up down the wrong rabbit hole in the wrong state at time MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa