Detailed Case Timeline Part V (Update 5)
3 Jan 2020
MISSING: Joshua Jaxon “JJ” Vallow & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan
POI’s: Lori Norene (Cox) Vallow & Chad Guy Daybell
– Lori’s oldest son CR speaks out on Good Morning America
saying he has “absolutely no idea” where his siblings are. He says he is in the dark like everyone else and just praying that they are safe somewhere. (GMA Video).
3 Jan 2020
– FBI and local LE search the Daybell’s home at 202 North 1900 East, Rexburg, ID. Fremont Co Sheriff Len Humphries says they have “sufficient probable cause to get a search warrant for the home. Officers are searching for forensic evidence such as blood or chemicals, which might shed some light on the Daybell case.” (East Idaho News).
3 Jan 2020
- Officers spend time in the Daybell home and search a shed on the property. At one point, they used metal detectors, probes and rakes to go over several portions of the yard. More than 43 items were collected from the home, including “computers, cell phones, journals, documents and medications," which have been sent to forensic experts for examination. (East Idaho News. Post Register).
3 Jan 2020
- FBI spokeswoman Sandra Yi Barker confirms that the FBI is assisting with the case. “We were contacted by Rexburg Police on Nov. 27,” Barker said. “I won’t get into details but we are offering investigative, forensic and technical assistance in Idaho and Utah. Today, members of our Evidence Response Team are in Rexburg assisting with evidence collection. Our victim specialist has also been made available to the families of Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan.”
3 Jan 2020
- LE concluded the search at the Daybell property. Detectives wrapped up at the home and finished serving the search warrant Fri evening. They released the home to Chad Daybell's adult children, who Sheriff Humphries said currently live in the house. The sheriff would not specify what was found in the search, but described it as “evidence” and “primarily about Tammy." “The evidence collected today will be sent off for examination by experts,” said Sheriff Len Humphries of Fremont County, Idaho, adding it could take months to process.
(KMVT News, Fox13 Salt Lake City).
3 Jan 2020
- Sheriff Len Humphries says they believe the death of Tammy is related to the missing children. "Those are the two pieces of this," he said. "And how they're related we're not quite sure, but we do believe they are related." He said Chad and Lori refuse to speak to law enforcement and have left the state. He said a lawyer reached out to them weeks ago, saying he was the point of contact for the couple. "We do think they've left Idaho," Sheriff Humphries said. "But that's about all." (Fox 13 Salt Lake City).
3 Jan 2020
- FOX 10 Phoenix releases disturbing court paperwork from Feb 2019 when CV initially filed for divorce from Lori. Charles eventually dropped the divorce case in March 2019; In the divorce documents it says Lori claimed she was married to the Book of Mormon prophet Moroni and that she had lived multiple past lives on different planets. Lori also believes she was married to James the Just and was Mary French in the 1800’s, the grandmother of Joseph Smith, Jr. She also claims to be “a translated being” that cannot die and that she was sent to lead the 144,000 into the new millennium.
3 Jan 2020
– Fox 10 Phoenix interviews CV’s older son on the phone; he asks his name not to be published and says, "I'm terrified for JJ. I’m terrified for Tylee," "I’m terrified for everyone surrounding them and their safety. I’m terrified for my family’s safety."
4 Jan 2020 –
A neighbor of Lori in Rexburg, SB, speaks to Fox13 Salt Lake City. "It's crazy. Just baffling," JJ, often played with SB’s kids. A couple weeks into the school year, he said he learned JJ was moving. "What we were told... he was going to move with his grandmother, go visit," Rexburg Police have since said that didn't happen (Fox13 Salt Lake City, Local News 8).
Early Jan 2020 –
Sometime around the first weekend in Jan, Lori and Chad stay a couple days at the Kauai Beach Resort in HI.
5 Jan 2020
– CV’s sister, KW & her husband LW flew from LA to ID to meet with Rexburg PD & FBI to discuss disappearance of JJ & Tylee. KW say she loved Lori “as a sister,” but later suspected Lori and Chad were having an affair based on emails exchanged between the two. After Lori met Chad, KW says she started noticing changes in Lori’s behavior. KW says the final in-person conversation she had with Lori was in 2018, in a car on the way to the airport.
KW believes Lori & Chad may have taken JJ and Tylee because they were witnesses to the shooting of CV.
“I don’t have any expectations. I’ve never done this before. I have no idea. I just feel like I need to be in Idaho,”
“I’d love (Chad and Lori) to be arrested. Have her in one room and Chad in the other? Absolutely.”
“Charles told me he had recordings of her. He said, ‘Nobody will believe me,’ and he recorded her one night,”
“Even though it’s deleted, nothing is ever deleted electronically or whatever. However that is … for her to say she’s a translated being and she is reincarnated? That is scary!” -KW (KSTU; East Idaho News)
5 Jan 2020
– Lori’s oldest son, CR, makes a youtube video speaking directly to Lori and asking her to “do the right thing”; "Mom, I want to talk to you like I'm sitting across the room from you," CR said, "You have the power to end this"; CR also asks Lori to let Tylee & JJ Facetime with him so he can see that they are ok. (Fox13 Salt lake City)
5 Jan 2020
–Lori’s former property manager, JP, writes a fb post saying he asked Lori to move out by Aug 31, 2019; JP was disturbed by details surrounding CV’s July 11, 2019 death at the Chandler, AZ rental house managed by JP. JP wrote that on the same day CV died Lori texted him, “we are ok, Ill explain later,” when he texted her wondering why police were at the house. JP also wrote that Lori threw a pool party later that afternoon:
“That day the neighbors reported a pool party at the house, the same day Charles was murdered, with loud music and lots of people swimming. Neighbors also reported Alex was staying at the house for several days following the shooting even though he lived in the same area. I spoke with Lori several times days following the shooting and she never sounded shocked, sad or heartbroken, as you would think a bride would be watching her husband die,” (Post Register).
6 Jan 2020 –
Sheriff Len Humphries gives interviews about the case. He reveals Tammy may have been poisoned but says tests won't be completed for at least another two weeks. “We're looking for poison, but we are just having to wait for lab results,” Humphries said, “You could say we are in a sort of holding pattern right now.”
More quotes from Sheriff Humphries:
“From an investigation point of view this is a disaster,”
“There are multiple agencies involved — us, Rexburg police, the FBI, as well as police departments in Arizona.”
“There are people who have died strangely in several places, and two kids that we have absolutely no idea where they are.”
“Add to that, the mother is known to have told family members that her daughter died a year ago, which we know is not true.”
”And then she claimed that the 17-year-old had run off with the 7-year-old and didn't say anything to authorities.”
“What kind of parent doesn't help try to find their own kids when they are missing?”
Humphries also said he believes Chad and Lori have left Idaho but are still in the United States (East Idaho News, Daily Mail).
6 Jan 2020
- Tylee’s AZ friend shares the last text she received from Tylee’s phone was on Oct. 25 at 11:14 AM. The friend isn’t sure if Tylee sent the text. The friend texted Tylee on Oct. 19 to say she missed her and had been thinking about her. 6 days later a reply text said, “hi. miss you guys too ...luv ya.” The friend says she didn’t think the text sounded like Tylee. “She spelled out her words for the most part,” “Plus, she would have texted more if I reached out.” “When she lived here, she responded immediately,” the friend said, “And when she moved, it slowly decreased in response time.”
The friend also shares: Tylee had originally planned to stay in AZ, but decided to go to ID for JJ’s sake. Tylee had her GED, so she did not go to HS in ID. Tylee had never mentioned her mother’s religious beliefs to her friend. Tylee said they were moving because Lori got a job in ID. “Apparently that was false,” the friend said. (Post Register).
6 Jan 2020
- Ellsworth Family Law releases statement saying Charles Vallow “expressed genuine fear for his life and under our advice obtained an Order of Protection against Lori Vallow” in early 2019 (Fox10 Phoenix; Justin Lum Fox 10 on Twitter
7 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandparents, KW & LW, hold a press conference in Idaho. They are offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to the children’s whereabouts. They spent the weekend meeting with Rexburg PD & the FBI. JJ loves to swim and is hardly afraid of anything in life. Tylee is a typical teenage girl who graduated early from HS and has a close group of friends. KW & LW spoke with JJ several times a week and often those conversations were short, but it wasn’t unusual for JJ to call his grandparents back several times in the same day. Lori never prevented the Woodcocks from talking to or visiting with JJ. During their last 35 sec Facetime with JJ in Aug it appeared someone was monitoring what he said and he didn’t call back after that. They also noticed that JJ’s hair didn’t appear to be as groomed as it had been previously. Lori used to be a cosmetologist and took exceptional care of JJ’s hair. The picture of JJ on the missing poster shows his hair matted and not in it's usual style. KW & LW have launched a Find JJ and Tylee website
asking for tips from the public.
Some Quotes from the Jan 7th Presser:
“These are beautiful young children. They’re two extremely intelligent young children and we want them back. We want them back in our family,” -LW
“If there is anything that Lori can come forth with and help us, please do it. She knows how much we love these kids, and we want only the best for them. That’s it. It’s that simple. Please give them back to us.” -LW
“All I want before I go is just to see those children, I just want to hear him beat on the drums, I want to hear him say, ‘Papa, let’s go ride’ or ‘Let’s go to Checkers and let’s go get a hamburger.’ I’m hoping beyond hope that that happens in the near future.” -LW
“Sometimes [JJ] may call and say, ‘Papa!’ and then, he’d just go away. ‘Gotta go, bye!’” -LW
“J.J. is my heart, I’m hoping this will allow one person to simply say ‘I saw (him). I know where he’s at,’ and give us that information, so that we can bring J.J. and Tylee back." -LW
“We want and believe that they are alive, and that’s the reason for the reward,""It’s the reason, we don’t say, the ‘d’ word. We’re not going to because we hope and pray these kids are alive." -LW
“If somebody two years ago would have said ‘This is what’s going to happen with Lori,’ I would have never believed it, Kay would have never believed it. If Kay and I would have had any thought in the future that we were going to be involved in an issue like this, we never would have let J.J. up for adoption. It never would have happened, and now this happened. Lori was a good mother when J.J. was young. You couldn’t ask for a better mother.” -LW
“Lori, you know how much we love J.J. You know my heart beats for him. Kay loves him. All our family loves JJ. Pick up the phone. Call me. Call Kay. If you don’t want to talk to authorities, talk to us." – LW
“If this reward can prompt that, then that’s what I want. They’re good kids. They don’t deserve this. And we as a family don’t deserve it.” -LW
“Please, just let us know where the kids are. It’s not difficult. It would end all of this.” -KW
“We don’t know why we weren’t allowed more access to him, but we reached out constantly in every way – email, voicemail, text, phone call, whatever – and never, ever got a response so that was very concerning to us,” -KW
“It sends chills up our spines,” "That’s just (what) brought it home for us. ‘Oh, my God, this is something really bad.'" -KW, when asked about Lori’s false claims that Tylee died in 2017.
“Charles suspected they were having an affair. He told me about it. He told me what he had that made him think that. He was spot on. There were just some things that we discussed, and he showed me (the evidence).” – KW, when asked about Lori and Chad’s relationship.
8 Jan 2020
- The former attorneys of the late Charles Vallow say that CV filed an order of protection against Lori in Feb 2019 and told his attorneys, “Steve, I want to make sure that everyone knows that if something happens to me, Lori & Alex did it.” The lawyers say they could not find Lori in Feb 2019 to serve her with the order of protection papers and they even tried looking for her in Idaho (Fox 10 Phoenix).
8 Jan 2020
– A hotel employee says that she expected CV and JJ to return to the hotel for breakfast on July 11 but instead police came to the hotel and informed her CV was dead (Fox 10 Phoenix).
9 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandparents KW & LW record a segment with Dr OZ Show (Fox 10 Phoenix).
9, 10, & 11 Jan 2020
– Josh Wilson, Principal of Kennedy Elementary in Rexburg, gives statements: “We truly hope for the safety of everybody involved and hope for a positive outcome”. JW says that Lori unenrolled JJ on Sept 24 & told administrators she planned to homeschool; JW says there was no previous activity that would indicate a need for concern from the school; They have not received a request to send JJ’s records to another school but if Lori is homeschooling, she would not need to notify them; The records would remain with Kennedy Elementary (Fox 13 Phoenix, East Idaho News).
10 Jan 2020
– Chad’s bother, Matt, releases a statement pleading for Chad to come forward and cooperate with the investigation. Matt also says he has not been close to Chad since childhood, does not know any more info than the media and asks for privacy for himself, his wife and children.
10 Jan 2020
– A former neighbor of Alex in San Tan Valley, AZ says that about a year ago Lori and AC were seen arguing loudly in the street (Daily Mail).
11 Jan 2020
– Fox10 Phoenix publishes affidavit of warrant for AC’s 2007 arrest in Austin, Texas. The docs describe how AC tased Tylee’s dad JR twice & “made a threat to kill him” after JR had a custody visit with Tylee. AC plead guilty to aggravated assault in the second degree and served 90 days in jail.
11 Jan 2020
- KD, a former producer for a radio show Alex was featured on, shares video of AC doing Looney Tunes impressions from 2016 and says, "In all impressions, he was a good looking funny guy and like I said, charming" (Fox 10 Phoenix).
11 Jan 2020
– Lori and Chad stay in Room 2509 at Kauai Beach Resort, paying $294 for one night. The 5th-floor room with king bed & mountain views was booked under the name Lori Ryan & using a driver's license with an address LE did not know about. (Daily Mail).
12 Jan 2020
- The A&E network series “Live P.D.” features JJ’s grandparents KW & LW.
13 Jan 2020
– The police report, 911 call and body camera footage from the July 11, 2019 shooting death of Charles Vallow is released by Fox10 Phoenix.
14 Jan 2020
– The Dr OZ show airs an interview with JJ’s Grandmother KW about the missing children (Fox10 Phoenix).
15 Jan 2020
- Fox10 Phoenix obtains and publishes copies of Gilbert PD reports from Jan 31, 2019. The reports detail a complaint Lori made against CV for taking her purse out of her car at JJ’s school. Also detailed are efforts by CV to get Lori picked up for an involuntarily 72 hour hold with psych evaluation. Lori does not file any charges against CV and police allow her to go to the psych eval on her own, rather than being transported. The report says police followed up and found that Lori voluntarily checked in to Community Bridges and was discharged a few hours later.
15 Jan 2020
– Fox10 Phoenix obtains and releases body cam video from July 11, 2019 of Lori and Tylee’s interview with a LEO outside the home where CV was shot to death. Lori says CV lives in Houston and that she moved into the house about 3 weeks before CV’s death.
16 Jan 2020
– The Madison County Prosecutor files an Order On Petition Under the Child Protection Act in the 7th Judicial District, Madison County, ID In The Interest Of Tylee and JJ. The order says “for good cause shown,” JJ & Tylee are to be placed in shelter care in the custody of the ID Dept of Health and Welfare once they are located; The order says the Dept of Health and Welfare is to conduct an investigation into the health, safety and welfare of the children and report back to the court within 15 days. The order says Lori must physically turn over the children to either the ID Dept or Health and Welfare in Rexburg or the Rexburg Police department within 5 days of being served the order. The children will be appointed a guardian ad litem and an attorney. Finally, it says “Violation of this order may subject Lori Vallow to criminal and civil contempt of court.” (Court Docs, East Idaho News).
19 Jan 2020
– Fox10 Phoenix obtains and releases more details on Melani’s trespassing charge from Nov 2019.
23 Jan 2020
– The Maricopa County coroner’s office releases the autopsy report for Lori’s 3rd ex-husband and Tylee’s father, Joseph Anthony Ryan, Jr. The report reveals that a neighbor last saw JR approx. one week before his body was found. JR body was described as “moderately decomposed”; Due to the level of decomp the ME could not take blood samples and had to instead take an extra sample of muscle tissue from the thigh to store for toxicology testing. The ME also took a sample of liver (Fox10 Phoenix).
24 Jan 2020
– SL, a real estate agent and neighbor at the Kauai Townhome where Lori and Chad have been living since mid-Dec has a brief conversation with Chad as he is leaving the house. Chad said he was leaving because the condo was scheduled to be shown to a potential buyer. (East Idaho News).
25 Jan 2020
– Kauai PD serves Lori in Princeville, HI with Child Protection Order filed by Madison County, Idaho Prosecutor’s Office on behalf of JJ and Tylee. The order requires Lori to produce Tylee & JJ to either the ID Dept of Health & Welfare or a judge in Madison Co Courthouse within 5 days. Failure to do so means Lori could face criminal and civil contempt of court charges (Court Docs, East Idaho News).
26 Jan 2020
, abt 3:30 pm -
Kauai Police Dept and federal agents serve search warrants on Lori & Chad outside of Kauai Beach Resort in Hawaii. KPD pull Lori & Chad over along the Kuhio Hwy and they enter the hotel parking lot. KPD seizes a black Ford Explorer, the rental car Lori & Chad drove. Lori & Chad are separated in the backs of 2 police SUVs while the warrant is served. After 30 min a tow truck takes away the rental car. Police go to Lori and Chad’s townhome in Princeville to execute another search warrant there. Media reports that Lori & Chad have been staying in Princeville, HI and have been closely monitored by LE. The missing children, JJ and Tylee are not with them.
26 Jan 2020
– After being detained, Lori & Chad are not arrested, and are allowed to walk into the hotel together. Lori carries a large amount of cash in a plastic bag. East Idaho News reporter Nate Eaton follows Lori & Chad and asks for comment on the missing children, the death of Tammy and the order to produce the children within 5 days. Chad does not speak. Lori only says “No Comment,” and “That’s great,” in reply to the reporter informing her that people are praying for JJ and Tylee.
27 Jan 2020 - Madison Co. Prosecutor’s Office & Rexburg PD release a statement:
“Child protection actions are normally confidential and sealed to protect the anonymity of the parties. However, the Madison County Prosecutor’s Office has obtained an order from the Court on the case allowing us to unseal and disclose [the order]”…
“The Madison County Prosecutor’s Office asked the Court for permission to unseal and disclose the existence of the Child Protection Action and the above mentioned Order to alert the public and anyone with knowledge of the location or health and safety of the children. All other documents related to the child protection case remain under seal.”
The release also says there is no evidence that Tylee & JJ were ever w/Lori & Chad in Hawaii and failure to comply w/order may subject Lori to civil or criminal contempt of court.
27 Jan 2020
- Kaua‘i Police Department releases statement that they are assisting with the missing children case. The statement says Lori & Chad have been staying on Kaua‘i for an unconfirmed period of time. It also says: “On Jan. 25, Kaua‘i police served [Lori] with an order of petition in an attempt to have her physically produce her children to the Idaho Dept of Health & Welfare. On Jan 26, Kaua‘i police and Rexburg police executed a search warrant in support of the ongoing investigation related to the whereabouts of the two children. There are no local charges or any current warrants of arrest.” Kaua'i Police Department
27 Jan 2020
- Fremont Co Sheriff Len Humphries says the timing of the Kauai search warrants has nothing to do with Tammy’s autopsy results. Authorities have not yet gotten the autopsy report back. While it was previously reported by some media outlets that Tammy’s family had been privately told the autopsy results, Humphries says there are no results available yet to anyone (Post Register).
27 Jan 2020
- General Manager of Kauai Beach Resort, RM, says Lori & Chad stayed there previously approximately 3 week ago for 1 or 2 days. “I’ve been working with detectives for several weeks,” RM said. Lori & Chad recently booked another stay for Sunday, according to RM. On Sunday, authorities were lying in wait near the resort. However, RM says they are not staying at the resort at this time (Post Register).
27 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandmother and Lori’s former sister-in-law, KW, gives interviews and makes a direct plea to Lori: “Lori, if you have an ounce of compassion left in your entire body — please produce the kids.”
When asked about Lori’s response of “That’s great,” to being told the country was praying for the missing children KW says: “I felt like she was arrogant. She was demeaning to the kids, to not even acknowledge that they’re missing,”
KW says Kauai Beach Resort is Lori’s favorite resort and KW has stayed there in the past with Lori, Charles, Tylee & JJ. KW & LW say they are going to travel to Idaho on Wed Jan 29 (Fox10 Phoenix, KPVI News).
27 Jan 2020
– Lori and Chad left the Kauai Beach Resort and checked into Kauai Marriot Resort with several suitcases. Staff members at the Marriot confirmed Lori and Chad stayed there for one night on Jan 27 (KTVB, East Idaho News).
28 Jan 2020, afternoon
– Staff members at the Kauai Marriot Resort say Lori and Chad checked out after staying only one night. However, Lori and Chad could still be at the resort because they were talking about going to the pool and beach area. East Idaho News got a short clip of Chad and Lori walking to the parking lot with day bags (no luggage) like they were going to the beach. However, they went back into the hotel lobby when they saw the news crew and did not re-emerge (KTVB, East Idaho News).
29 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandparents, KW & LW return to Idaho. They hope that Lori will appear as ordered by the court and produce JJ and Tylee alive and well. “It’s scary, but I’m being optimistic in saying that just the next few days will probably pass very slowly, I’m sure because we’re waiting for Thurs to get here and I just feel like there will be some kind of resolution by Thurs, Thurs at the latest. Whether it’s happy or sad, I don’t know. In the meantime, we’re going to keep hoping and praying that it will be a joyous occasion Thursday,” – KW (KPVI News).
29 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandparents, KW & LW file a petition to obtain guardianship of JJ in Madison County, ID. If the children are located, they will be placed in custody of state agency and then appointed guardian (Fox10 Phoenix).
29 Jan 2020 –
Madison Co Prosecutor Rob Wood makes a statement: “While the court did allow us to announce the existence of the case and the order that Lori Vallow produce her children, any and all other documents, hearings, and court filings are sealed and confidential by law… As such we legally cannot comment on any other aspect of the case.” (East Idaho News).
30 Jan 2020 –
Dozens of journalists and news crews from across the country descend on the snowy town of Rexburg, hoping to see Lori show up with Tylee & JJ. At least 10 people wait in the lobby at Rexburg PD (Rexburg Journal). KSL reporter Garna Mejia reports from in front of Tammy and Chad’s Salem home, where some of his adult children still live; Chad’s DIL answers the door but declines to comment. Mejia also says on her twitter feed “we stopped by at his attorney’s place and were told he is out of town.”
Nate Eaton, East Idaho News, reports from in front of the Department of Health and Welfare, one of 2 places Lori could produce JJ & Tylee to comply with the child protection court order. Alternatively, Lori could take the children to the Rexburg police station on Main St to obey the order by the deadline. However, there is no sign of the children and no sign of Lori.
30 Jan 2020 –
JJ’s grandparents, KW & LW, meet with Rexburg police and the Madison Co Prosecutor to discuss the case. KW could not comment on what they talked about but she said in a presser, "They're not gonna let the grass grow under their feet with this, they're going to keep this moving," referring to LE’s next plan of action. (KW’s Presser, East Idaho News).
30 Jan 2020, 5 PM
- The deadline passes for Lori to physically appear in Idaho and produce JJ and Tylee to the Dept of Health and Welfare or the RPD or else face contempt of court; There is no sign of Lori or the children appearing in Idaho (Fox10 Phoenix, Fox13 Salt Lake City).
30 Jan 2020 After 5 PM
- Lori and Chad are still in Hawaii. Sources say there were no signs Lori had planned to travel to Rexburg for the deadline. A Kauai resident says he saw a man and woman fitting the description of Chad and Lori, inside their rental unit. An anonymous relative close to the case says “it was less than a 1% chance Lori would ever show up in Idaho today” (Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix).
30 Jan 2020
– Madison Co Prosecutor & Rexburg PD decline to comment on Lori’s failure to comply with the order. Due to the rest of the order being sealed by the courts, the public may not know if any actions are taken to issue an arrest warrant (East Idaho News).
30 Jan 2020
– Official statement from Kaua‘i Chief of Police Todd G. Raybuck regarding case involving two missing Idaho children:
“We appreciate the tremendous outpouring of concern from the public and the media regarding this sensitive case. We kindly ask that you please allow the authorities to continue to conduct this ongoing investigation and give them the space and opportunity to do their due diligence.
Please also keep in mind that this is still an active investigation and certain matters must remain confidential and cannot be disclosed. Furthermore, this case involves minors, and Child Protection cases are sealed.
KPD will update the public via a press release if and when we take any further action, as per the direction of the primary investigating agency, the Rexburg Police Department.
At this time, however, we have no further updates.”
Kaua'i Police Department
30 Jan 2020
– JJ’s grandma KW gives a presser after Lori fails to show up in Idaho with Tylee and JJ. LW was originally going to speak as well but he is not feeling well and returned to his hotel room to rest. Quotes from KW:
“I just can’t... I don’t know what to do. I had my hopes up for today... hopefully being able to see our grandson.”
"I know she doesn't have them I pray that they are with a family somewhere that is caring for them,"
“I would like for her to be in jail until she talks,” “If that’s a month or a year or whatever the situation, she needs to be there until she talks. She’s got to say where they are. She has to.”
“How do you not have your child for four months? What kind of a mother does that? The only word that is coming to my mind right now is ‘monster’ and as much as I loved Lori…all this has just been very disheartening and I have so many questions,”
“We’ve had a really rough few weeks and then once we learned about the order being given to her Saturday, that really gave us more hope that at least we’re now seeing things happening,”
"I'm not at all surprised of that. Lori's not going to make this easy, she's got an end game in her head, although this is not a game, but obviously she thinks it is."
When asked if she knew where Lori was KW said, "probably sitting on a beach somewhere while we're sitting here wondering where the kids are."
"I pray there's an extraditable warrant issued and they bring her in front of the judge," KW said about Lori. "It seems the next steps is in the judge's hands."
"I can't say for sure what's going to happen next, other than, I hope it's something that's going to get her attention because I'd love to know where those kids are and I think all of America wants to know where they are,"
A reporter asks KW if she can elaborate on what evidence Charles had of Lori having an affair with Chad. KW says that Lori is not very technologically savvy; KW says Lori emailed Chad a video of herself in Jan 2019 dancing and did not delete the email from the sent folder. KW says she believes Lori and Chad may have first met as early as 2016 or 2017.
31 Jan 2020
– Summaries of Chandler PD interviews of Lori & Tylee from the July 11, 2019 shooting death of Lori’s 4th husband Charles Vallow are released by Justin Lum, Fox10 Phoenix.
31 Jan 2020
– Lori’s son, CR, releases an emotional youtube video titled: “To My Family”. Some quotes from CR directly to Lori:
“I love you because you’re my mom. But at the end of the day, I’m in the same spot, everybody’s in the same spot with no answers.”
“I feel ignored, I feel angry, I feel like I’m so confused and still trying to go on every single day.”
“Last night I just thought I’d feel better by some type of answer, but if anything it just made everything worse.”
“I feel like I’ve just lost everything in such a short amount of time, the only reason I’m doing this is because I feel like this is the only way I get to talk to you.”
“I want you to show them and step up and do the right thing and that's what I’ve been praying for and that's all I want, is to see the kids and for this situation to have some type of closure.” (Fox10 Phoenix, KTVB7 News).
31 Jan 2020
- Kauai PD says no arrests in this case. "We're just on standby waiting for Rexburg PD... honestly I don't know what the status is on that." (Adam Herbets Twitter)
31 Jan 2020
– A Special airs called “FOX 13 Investigates: The Writings of Chad Daybell”; Reporter Adam Herbets conducts FB Lives before and after with Q & A about the case. A professor specializing in profiling says he believes the FBI is looking through Chad’s books for clues. “(Agents) can look into the psychology of people like this,” Chris Bertram said. “Two books that I’m going to read first? His autobiography and his last publication.” Excepts from Chad’s books are highlighted during the special.
“The most common question I receive is, ‘What parts of your books are based on what you’ve seen in vision, and what part did you make up?’” Chad Daybell wrote in his autobiography. “The short answer is that I don’t fictionalize any of the events portrayed. I’m really not that creative… My torn veil allows information to be downloaded into my brain from the other side. The scenes I am shown are real events that will happen.”
“That tells us something about his personality,” Bertram said. “He believes what he is hearing gives him direction in his life… We may see hidden messages in these writings.” (Fox13 SLC Special Report w/Adam Herbets)
2 Feb 2020
– Lori & Chad reportedly attend meetings at LDS Church in Lihue, HI. They are seen speaking w/the bishop, acting as if everything is OK and as if they don’t have a care in the world. They were also overheard saying that the media was lies and one-sided. JJ and Tylee were not in church with them (Nate Eaton, East Idaho News).
2 Feb 2020
– Lori’s son, CR, gives an interview to Fox10 Phoenix reporter Justin Lum.
10 Feb 2020
– The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare must deliver a report to the judge on the investigation into the health, safety and welfare of JJ & Tylee by Feb 10 (East Idaho News).
22 July 2020
– Lori told CV that she believes July 2020 is the date of the second coming of Christ; In Jan 2019 Lori allegedly threatened to murder CV if he stood in the way of her preparing for this date. “I think it’s July 22, 2020?,” KW said. “I don’t know what’s going to happen July 23, you know. Charles told me. He had recordings of her. He said nobody will believe me, and he recorded her one night.” (Fox10 Phoenix, Divorce records, Click2Houston).
Note: If a specific source is not noted in brackets above, then there may be multiple news sources reporting the same info. Source Links are located in the Media thread: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION