Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
“A lot of things we don’t need to know, cause they’re ya know – the either government or the cops. If they really don’t have any idea at all, cops would be like ‘listen we need the public’s help’ absolutely, but if they got a couple hints or they are just waiting for someone to crack or evidence right, then that’s why they are saying, ‘it’s under investigation,'” explained Dog.

“Leads come in, as you hear, ‘there’s 155 leads and 1 panned out,’ – that’s so true! I used to think ‘they’re lying,’ and I worked on this case 200 leads and finally one came through so, with cops, any investigator, you gotta work every single lead,” said Chapman.

“The internet is not the bible. A picture is worth a thousand words, but even it can be altered. I’m glad we got the internet cause you can find out things – and my investigations are a whole lot different – now, I find ’em a lot quicker, but people have to remember – it’s not the bible,” Dog explained.

“They use that as a tool against the predator so it’s good – very good that we’ve got – i’ve caught so many in the last year by social media,” he said.
Duane “Dog” Chapman finds people for a living: What he says about missing Colorado Springs boy

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
Ashley Franco Retweeted EPCSheriff

I spoke to the Sheriff's office earlier today. Although there were no active searches, their investigations continues to move forward. Their goal has never changed: find Gannon and bring him home safely. #FindGannon #GannonStauch
4:12 PM - 21 Feb 2020

EPCSheriff‏Verified account @EPCSheriff
Update on Gannon Stauch Case: https://bit.ly/32gSOVT #FindGannon #bringgannonhome #missing

ERVkgqqU0AAqsp-.jpg

3:41 PM - 21 Feb 2020

BBM:

Join the club. I don't have the foggiest idea what these images capture.

I noted several threads back that these pictures are basically the equivalent of a Rorschach test.
The only thing that's missing are the colored cards.

I'm sure a lot of us have pored over these images in minute detail…I know I have.
I've formed some vague impressions of what I may be seeing in some of those frames.

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing right now what we're looking at, and/or whether it's relevant.

What you or I think is a person may be a shadow, or a branch, or in fact, nothing at all.

We're all going to project onto those indistinct, undefined, darkened images what our minds tell us it would make the most contextual sense for us to see.

We all think something bad has happened to GS, so our brains will interpret what we're "seeing" through that lens.

Our pre-conceived notions are likely clouding our vision.

Perception vs. Reality.

JMO.
Thank you. Sometimes I think I’m really missing something important and/or I’m too dumb to catch on. So I figure it doesn’t hurt to ask. I appreciate you GK. :)

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case

Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case
February 21, 2020
On February 21, 2020, the Metro Crime Lab returned to Gannon's home as a part of our ongoing investigation into his disappearance.

The investigation continues to progress with multiple agencies working to bring Gannon home.

We have received 718 tips to date. These tips include possible sightings, search suggestions, social media related information, suspicious activity, found property/possible evidence and video/photo/drone evidence.

Although search efforts in southern Douglas County have been suspended, this investigation is not slowing down. As previously stated, investigative leads direct search efforts and we have teams available and ready to deploy should the need arise.

We continue to get numerous tips and messages through our social media platforms. If you have information you feel is pertinent to Gannon’s case, please call the Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 719-520-6666, or email tips@elpasoco.com, if you have not already done so.

We know the community is anxious and awaiting answers. There is no public interest which outweighs maintaining the integrity of this investigation and specific details will be released as the investigation allows.

The PIO will be available for on-camera interviews from 5:00 - 5:30 PM, today at the Office of the Sheriff.

MR 20-037
application-pdf.png
MR 20-036 Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case.pdf

“A lot of things we don’t need to know, cause they’re ya know – the either government or the cops. If they really don’t have any idea at all, cops would be like ‘listen we need the public’s help’ absolutely, but if they got a couple hints or they are just waiting for someone to crack or evidence right, then that’s why they are saying, ‘it’s under investigation,'” explained Dog.

“Leads come in, as you hear, ‘there’s 155 leads and 1 panned out,’ – that’s so true! I used to think ‘they’re lying,’ and I worked on this case 200 leads and finally one came through so, with cops, any investigator, you gotta work every single lead,” said Chapman.

“The internet is not the bible. A picture is worth a thousand words, but even it can be altered. I’m glad we got the internet cause you can find out things – and my investigations are a whole lot different – now, I find ’em a lot quicker, but people have to remember – it’s not the bible,” Dog explained.

“They use that as a tool against the predator so it’s good – very good that we’ve got – i’ve caught so many in the last year by social media,” he said.
Duane “Dog” Chapman finds people for a living: What he says about missing Colorado Springs boy
Jumping off the point he’s making, if law enforcement needs help, they communicate that. If law enforcement is quiet (secretive), then they probably don’t.

If law enforcement is quiet and incredibly active (as we’ve seen here), then that’s a very good sign.

Jumping off the point he’s making, if law enforcement needs help, they communicate that. If law enforcement is quiet (secretive), then they probably don’t.

If law enforcement is quiet and incredibly active (as we’ve seen here), then that’s a very good sign.
And very likely to have a strong case to bring the right person to justice. May it be soon.

BBM:

Join the club. I don't have the foggiest idea what these images capture.

I noted several threads back that these pictures are basically the equivalent of a Rorschach test.
The only thing that's missing are the colored cards.

I'm sure a lot of us have pored over these images in minute detail…I know I have.
I've formed some vague impressions of what I may be seeing in some of those frames.

Unfortunately, there's no way of knowing right now what we're looking at, and/or whether it's relevant.

What you or I think is a person may be a shadow, or a branch, or in fact, nothing at all.

We're all going to project onto those indistinct, undefined, darkened images what our minds tell us it would make the most contextual sense for us to see.

We all think something bad has happened to GS, so our brains will interpret what we're "seeing" through that lens.

Our pre-conceived notions are likely clouding our vision.

Perception vs. Reality.

JMO.

I, for one, cannot wait to see the actual footage LE must have from these stills when this reaches trial.

BBM
ITA. So relevant in all these cases, it’s how I decided on my username when I finally joined ranks here. :p:)

Edit to add: I apparently have no clue how to do bold. I tried to be all fancy with html, and it was just a little button at the top. lol

I've been gone for a few hours and am not sure where the post is that listed what station and times Landen's interview will be shown tonight? There were quite a few times?

rymbDeGp_normal.jpg

Catherine Silver
@CatSilverTV
· 2h
#UPDATE from @EPCSheriff on the #GannonStauch case: “We know the community is anxious and awaiting answers. There is no public interest which outweighs maintaining the integrity of this investigation and specific details will be released as the investigation allows.” EPCSheriff on Twitter

BBM
I'm really reading inbetween the lines on this statement from the Sheriff's office. I'm reading "we're putting together a solid case of evidence and we just aren't going to mess it up by releasing anymore info than we already have."
Or am I wrong here? I think it sounds like Dan May wrote it and he's setting a steel trap.

I, for one, cannot wait to see the actual footage LE must have from these stills when this reaches trial.

BBM
ITA. So relevant in all these cases, it’s how I decided on my username when I finally joined ranks here. :p:)

Edit to add: I apparently have no clue how to do bold. I tried to be all fancy with html, and it was just a little button at the top. lol

In the Delphi case the list of what people saw at the end of the bridge and under it was often hilarious. One image looked like Hello Kitty to me. I stay away from the shadows/dark image guessing because I just never see ‘it’. :)

Again, appreciate your assessment of investigation.

Rereading the timeline, I'm really struck by how early LS appears to have been a POI (even if not so designated officially).

That's of course why she does the interview with her back to the camera. But seriously, who does that? Doesn't she know how guilty that makes her look? And the whinging about her "rights" when Gannon is missing is a stellar misjudgment of how her audience will hear what she says.

I find the timing of LE/volunteers pulling the plug on the most recent intensive search and the sudden visit by LE to the house tonight to be pretty darn interesting. I felt like they must have either found what they were looking for or had new information to get them to pack up, but really expected them to move to a new location for another large scale, intensive search.

SABBM
Social media can be a BEAUTIFUL thing!! "oh what a tangled web we weave" TS!

Rereading the timeline, I'm really struck by how early LS appears to have been a POI (even if not so designated officially).

That's of course why she does the interview with her back to the camera. But seriously, who does that? Doesn't she know how guilty that makes her look? And the whinging about her "rights" when Gannon is missing is a stellar misjudgment of how her audience will hear what she says.

BBM- Someone who doesn't have a poker face. I bet someone has a tell.

It’s but one example of her zero insight into how most people view the world in a situation like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa