Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not understanding the significance of this. Knoxville is is about 1 1/2 hours from Blountville, and this body was that of a man.

What am I missing ?

You're not missing anything.

That article is completely unrelated to EB's case.

Another poster had linked that article without realizing that it was a man who was found deceased.

Once it was pointed out to them, the op then went back and deleted their post.

It's all a big nothingburger.

JMO.

she is scarred of police and was taught from the time she could walk to be scarred of them.
She is from a family that see police as the enemy who is out to get you and should be avoided at all costs do not tell them anything. Lots of people in this area have that attitude.

That very well may be true, but the TBI, and the FBI ARE involved now, and Evelyn is still missing.

There is simply no good reason now to make inconsistent statements to the police who are only wanting to find her child.

I have several family members living in SC. None of them are afraid of the police.

That may be because none of my family members or friends have done anything that would warrant police involvement.

Even though she may have feared or disliked LE this is not about her now. It's much bigger than her. It's about HER missing child.

Her little daughter has been missing for 2 months. Finding Evelyn should also be top priority for her. She needs to tell the truth. Evelyn deserves the entire truth to be told.

Jmhoo

Last edited:
That very well maybe true, but the TBI, and the FBI ARE involved now, and Evelyn is still missing.

There is simply no good reason now to make inconsistent statements to the police who are only wanting to find her child.

I have several family members living in SC. None of them are afraid of the police.

That may be because none of my family members or friends have done anything that would warrant police involvement.

Even though she may have feared or disliked LE this is not about her.

Her little daughter has been missing for 2 months. Finding Evelyn should also be top priority for her. She needs to tell the truth. Evelyn deserves the truth being told.

Jmhoo

THIS !

And let me add: I live in Sullivan County, and none of my friends or family have anything BUT respect for law enforcement. We do NOT consider it a "compliment" to be a called a racist, nor do we consider Latinos to be "invaders ", nor would we drive until we are out of gas before we'd frequent the business of someone from India. Being painted with such a broad stroke is incredibly offensive to me. And believe me, I have bitten my tongue clean in half NOT to say anything about it.

Last edited:
I may be completely wrong, but I don't get the same vibe from MB as Casey Anthony or Susan Smith. I believe Evelyn is alive and well, and maybe better off than with her mom. I'm hoping and praying that is true.

We live near a different set of mountains further north. We have those that are "new" to the mountain that came from more civilized areas "in town" who complain about the cannons get fired off, guns shot at all hours of the day and night, ATV's and loose dogs.

In reality, they should be more concerned about the meth labs, grow houses, and relatives of those in all levels of LE, and gov't in the county all that live n the same mountain roads that they do.

Election investigations are commonplace because the voting population is so low it is easily manipulated.

This before you get to the RV lots and mobile home parks which seem to have their own laws and security.

So, I've read all the posts and most links and still am not sure what has happened. The information we have just isn't enough, but .......

I think AB told MB that she would help her out by having Evelyn for her while she sorted herself out or was at work. This went on for several weeks and when MB told AB she was taking Evelyn back home AB told her she could have baby back if MB got her (AB) a car. No car no baby. No telling anyone otherwise she would run off with baby Evelyn.
MB couldn't get a car straight away. Meanwhile TB Snr got fed up and started putting pressure on AB and maybe MB. This pressure got to MB so much she managed to organise aBMW. By this time TB made his phone call and the ball started rolling.

MB couldn't tell police this tale, she would bring down more trouble on her mother and father and indeed herself.

The above is all JMO

If something did happen to that sweet baby it would definitely explain not going to the police. Maybe it’s because MB has a distrust of them or maybe it’s because something happened. I mean, if she’s no longer on this earth the person who did it wouldn’t exactly be running to the police to let them know. Who knows how long she could have went on missing before authorities were clued in. I can’t wait to see what the video evidence is that LE says proves MG hasn’t been honest.

Agreed.

If MB did receive any form of public assistance r/t EB after December 10 or 11, which is (allegedly) the date she handed her off to some unnamed "babysitter," then I would think she could be charged with fraud.

@Alethea or @gitana1 , could one of you weigh in on that question from a legal standpoint?

If you are receiving any kind of benefits you are supposed to notify the state as soon as you have a “change in circumstances” that would affect your eligibility determination. Intentionally not updating the state can be considered fraud. My small rural vacation town just had a case where the state prosecuted a woman for collecting $2,500 in unemployment after she found a part time job. They can be very strict about it.

If you are receiving any kind of benefits you are supposed to notify the state as soon as you have a “change in circumstances” that would affect your eligibility determination. Intentionally not updating the state can be considered fraud. My small rural vacation town just had a case where the state prosecuted a woman for collecting $2,500 in unemployment after she found a part time job. They can be very strict about it.

they do this in Australia as well, you have 14 days to notify them of any changes

but the specific situation outline in the original post would be hard to prosecute right? because its a form of child care which she may have been receiving a subsidy for

but its all hypothetical

What would be considered a " change in circumstances " ? I assume it would be along the lines of employment, living arrangements, that sort of thing ?

So, I've read all the posts and most links and still am not sure what has happened. The information we have just isn't enough, but .......

I think AB told MB that she would help her out by having Evelyn for her while she sorted herself out or was at work. This went on for several weeks and when MB told AB she was taking Evelyn back home AB told her she could have baby back if MB got her (AB) a car. No car no baby. No telling anyone otherwise she would run off with baby Evelyn.
MB couldn't get a car straight away. Meanwhile TB Snr got fed up and started putting pressure on AB and maybe MB. This pressure got to MB so much she managed to organise aBMW. By this time TB made his phone call and the ball started rolling.

MB couldn't tell police this tale, she would bring down more trouble on her mother and father and indeed herself.

The above is all JMO
I find irony in MB claiming to be afraid that who had EB would run off with her if MB involved LE. Then proceeded to provide this person (who I'm assuming is AB) with the vehicle to do exactly that.

That being said, I believe that if the baby is alive, she was dropped of at a person's home who is a friend of AB before she was captured by LE.

THIS !

And let me add: I live in Sullivan County, and none of my friends or family have anything BUT respect for law enforcement. We do NOT consider it a "compliment" to be a called a racist, nor do we consider Latinos to be "invaders ", nor would we drive until we are out of gas before we'd frequent the business of someone from India. Being painted with such a broad stroke is incredibly offensive to me. And believe me, I have bitten my tongue clean in half NOT to say anything about it.

Agree. Let me add I live within 3 miles of this family. This area while not a huge metropolitan area is certainly not the backwoods. Within 3-5 miles of their property is a subdivision of half million to million dollar homes, an airport, a community college, one of NASCAR’s largest and most popular facilities Bristol Motor Speedway. Like anywhere their are backward uneducated people here but Sullivan County is not in the middle of nowhere.

What would be considered a " change in circumstances " ? I assume it would be along the lines of employment, living arrangements, that sort of thing ?
Yes, any changes in income including child support, the number of children and adults living in the house and whether or not they are in school or employed, and things like that.

But I think if the mom was receiving benefits and her child was not in the home for two months, that would be the least of their worries. It is the welfare of the child that is the concern.

I've worked with at-risk childrn and their families for years, and unfortunately many people do fail to report things or even lie about the number of dependents living in the home. If they are suspected of fraud, an investigation can be a long process. If found guilty they can be fined and made to pay back the money or go to jail, depending on the situation.

Imo

My mind keeps coming back to MB's "on again-off again" boyfriend saying that EB's arm had been broken. There should be a hospital record of this if she was taken to a hospital and if the baby really had some sort of injury. I don't know what would make him say such a thing unless MB really did tell him that. I think if it's not true, that he nevertheless believed it was true and I think it will become an important part of the eventual timeline of what happened to EB.

Maybe certain family members decided to try and handle such an injury at home to avoid CPS finding out... or maybe it was really "just a dislocation" or other injury and they decided to make it a "wait and see" situation while keeping the baby out of sight at AB's house so CPS and other certain family members wouldn't find out about it. Would someone really try to set an injured or broken arm? I imagine some people would if they thought they'd lose the baby if they didn't.

Then later, by any number of causes; the baby died at the hands of an impatient AB or her boyfriend for crying too much due to her arm pain... EB finding and eating some sort of elicit drug left out where she could reach it... any number of things could have happened.

AB now has to add MB to the list of people to keep in the dark about what happened and she leaves the area to avoid MB and her legal obligations. Little EB is left along the way and hidden during the trip to NC. AB gives excuse after excuse on the phone to MB about why MB can't see her baby until she just stops answering any calls from her. The grandfather calls AB and she warns him to keep out of it and that he'll regret it if he doesn't.

This sort of scenario might explain MB's actions and attitude and she may very well believe her baby is alive.

This is all speculation, of course... every bit of it. Unfortunately, without more information... a real time line and a few more facts, please... what else can we do?

ETA: AB could have even told MB that she was seeking medical attention out of state in NC so that wind of the injury would never reach CPS in TN... that she would be staying with a friend or her boyfriend's family. So, naturally MB would miss EB but wouldn't think anything terrible had happened to her. ...And, once it was all sorted out... EB would be coming home and be back with her again. Then AB and boyfriend were arrested and everything changed.

Last edited:
I find irony in MB claiming to be afraid that who had EB would run off with her if MB involved LE. Then proceeded to provide this person (who I'm assuming is AB) with the vehicle to do exactly that.

That being said, I believe that if the baby is alive, she was dropped of at a person's home who is a friend of AB before she was captured by LE.

I don't think MB had any worries in the early days that AB would run. This came about after in my mind that AB told MB to get her a car, then she could have Evelyn back. I think it's possible that AB also made threats to run after she got the car, making sure MB kept her mouth shut, but TB jumped in and that's when AB did a runner. Car seat in the car.

The above is JMO, all mine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members