Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just saw this story on my local news where the FBI was asking for photos of visitors vacationing there on September 8, 2019 and it caught my attention and I thought I might give my fellow WS’s and idea of what the weather was like and how crowded it was from my perspective. My SO and I were at Yellowstone National Park September 7, 2019 through September 8, 2019. On the night of September 7, 2019, we drove through the West Entrance and stayed in Island Park, Idaho, then got up on the 8th and drove back into Yellowstone, ( I wanted to say I had been to Idaho and get that state off my bucket list) I am currently scouring through all of our photos and videos, which is on four separate electronic devices and we have tons of photos and videos. A few things that I recall of importance, we had no cell service whatsoever, no GPS or any means of communication via cell during our drive through Yellowstone. In fact, our DD couldn’t reach us most of the day and tried using Life 360 to see if we were okay, but couldn’t locate us even on Life360 app. The weather that day was overcast but in the 60’s, cool enough to need a jacket. There were thousands of tourists near Old Faithful, but for the most part, we didn’t encounter many people when we stopped at the different sites/geysers, so hiding a body would be very simple in my opinion. I haven’t read any of the threads yet so I am not sure of where LV, TR, AC and JV entered Yellowstone National Park, I need to get caught up, but wanted to share the little information from our vacation.

Please turn over all photos with strangers in them, even in the background of a selfie, over to the FBI. They probably have an algorithm or maybe even face recognition at their disposal. It is highly likely Lori, Alex, Tylee, & JJ went through the west entrance. You never know: your photos could crack the case.

Finally requesting images from the public from Yellowstone, etc. September 8.

FBI has set up a site to upload images and any information any one has:
FBI — Seeking Information on Missing Children - Rexburg, Idaho

88177401_1535668819929463_910342542002749440_o.jpg
Just bringing forward this post that has the FBI letter about the truck and the Yellowstone pics.

Good point! AC and LV were not from that area... I think that they would be less comfortable disposing of a body there then say Chad. UNLESS they had read up on the stories of bodies going missing from that area.... effects of the sulfur springs iirc or something of that nature. Or had studied up on the location prior to.

We know JJ at least made it safely back from that trip.... God I hope he didn't see anything happening to Tylee!!! Horrible enough for him losing his very important Doggie... I just can't imagine how it was for him when Tylee disappeared too.:(
There really must be others involved. I sortof think NOT Parrett on this part because he so publicly went out on a limb to defend Chad and Lori for their behavior. Oh how I hope that FBI/LE throw out a few more "clues" to keep the public thinking and sleuthing..
I am in the process of getting all the photos together at this time. I just saw this on the news today. We just ran across a photo of a young boy wearing a green/tri-colored jacket standing behind me, but I am sure it is NOT JV, but will still send it as well. My heart stopped for a moment, then I found a picture of a Ford Truck, which only showed the grill and “Texas” license plate, couldn’t see the color of it, again, heart stopping for a second. It might take me a while, but I will get the photos to the FBI.

oh wow........ I can really "feel" your beating heart.. Adrenalin is an amazing thing..

Last edited:
Saw this from Justin . Hope it is true. I just can't see her saying anything about the poor innocent children. I hope the Judge says No Bond. I hope more charges will be happening soon..

I wonder if she'll be able to lie to her son's face, even on video phone. Will she let something slip? Or will she just give him a sob story? Or refuse to see him?

Please turn over all photos with strangers in them, even in the background of a selfie, over to the FBI. They probably have an algorithm or maybe even face recognition at their disposal. It is highly likely Lori, Alex, Tylee, & JJ went through the west entrance. You never know: your photos could crack the case.
I posted the link request on Trip Advisor for pictures taken at Yellowstone for date of September 8.

I wonder if she'll be able to lie to her son's face, even on video phone. Will she let something slip? Or will she just give him a sob story? Or refuse to see him?
If he is sitting in the family section, she will definitely have eye contact. I don't think she will crack for anyone about the children. She only cares about herself, even other human life is just collateral damage.

I'm with you on the first group. I've watched it a score of times and am about 95% certain that's them. Watching it at 25% speed helps.

Video feed cuts in at 11:18:53 (15:36 on YouTube) and in the bottom left corner you see two adults emerge from the trees walking away from the camera. The first one appears to be Alex, as he's wearing a dark jacket and blue jeans, like we see in the photo. The second person appears to be Lori and they are wearing a dark hoodie with a white emblem on the front and white pants. In the photo of her we only see her upper body, but she's wearing a dark hoodie and you can barely make out a white emblem on the front, which is mostly covered by her hair.

At 11:18:56 [Lori] stops, turns around facing the camera, and waits for two [children] to catch up. It is here where you can see the white emblem on the front of her dark hoodie. At 11:18:59 [Alex] stops and turns around also. At this point the two [children] emerge from the trees also. The first one appears to be JJ as he's wearing a darkish [green?] sweater and dark shorts (you can see his calves), as seen in the photo. The second appears to be Tylee as she's wearing a light grey jacket. Where I'm uncertain is it looks like she's also wearing light grey pants, whereas in the photo Tylee is wearing black pants.

At 11:19:00 [Tylee] and [JJ] catch up to [Lori] whereupon she turns back around and begins walking again. Seconds later, at 11:19:04 [Alex] turns back around and begins walking again. This shows that these four are definitely together as a group. At this point two other adults emerge from behind the same trees, just behind the group of four.

From 11:19:13 to 11:19:30 it's hard to make out what is happening. The group of four pass behind the next set of trees, followed quickly by the group of two. As they emerge it appears that the group of two are bypassing the group of four. Yet it no longer appears to be a group of four but rather a group of three...?

Up until the video feed is interrupted at 11:20:06 I can't make sense of what I'm looking at. The group of two hurriedly make their way far ahead of what is supposed to be the group of four. But it seems quite clear that the group of four is now a group of three...

Ok, I've watched it several more times now and I've figured it out! It has become a group of three. The three are [Lori], [Tylee], and [JJ], and they continue on ahead until the feed is interrupted. [Alex], for whatever reason, stops at 11:19:13 behind the tree and appears to bend down. He stays hidden in this position until 11:19:53, a good 40 seconds, when he finally gets back up and continues walking forward at a leisurely pace. What's he doing? Tying his shoes? Looking at something? Collecting some nasty swamp goop for future use? o_O

Whatever he's doing nobody seems to have noticed, except [Lori] who turns around briefly at 11:19:23 to look at him and then continues walking forward with the [children].

Just gonna repost this before it gets lost. I totally agree, even with my shoddy eyes, it does look like them! Thanks to @RexburgSleuth and @Onsdag for 2 excellent posts/footage that I hope is being looked at closer and with better eyes than me!

If he is sitting in the family section, she will definitely have eye contact. I don't think she will crack for anyone about the children. She only cares about herself, even other human life is just collateral damage.

What a way to meet your stepfather. In the family row behind your mother's defense table. What a family feeling Chad and Lori have created. :( jmo

What a way to meet your stepfather. In the family row behind your mother's defense table. What a family feeling Chad and Lori have created. :( jmo
I have a feeling Colby will be sitting behind the prosecution with Kay & Larry rather than behind Lori. moo

What a position to be in. He can't really get it right which ever side he picks. I hope to see a united front. ARC, KVW, LW, CR, AdC, BB. So unlikely but it would be so powerful. But also intresting who will be next to CD. MBP? Parents? Sister? Voldemorts group? CD children? CD parents? Who is going to publicly infront of everyone take the seats next to him.

What a position to be in. He can't really get it right which ever side he picks. I hope to see a united front. ARC, KVW, LW, CR, AdC, BB. So unlikely but it would be so powerful. But also intresting who will be next to CD. MBP? Parents? Sister? Voldemorts group? CD children? CD parents? Who is going to publicly infront of everyone take the seats next to him.

If CD has any love for his children, he will tell them to stay away. Maybe ZP? CP? Along with your guess of MBP. Her sister?

ETA maybe not CP. I think that's a designated family row.

Jmo

Last edited:
Is it just me or does she appear just as smug walking on the tarmac as she has every time we’ve seen her? She almost appeared jovial. I have no words.

No it wasn’t but it was on a reputable site administered professionally with content restrictions covering COPPA and copyright infringements as well as strict posting rules. I think most people reading would conclude it didn’t fall into the same category of nastiness of other sites we all know too well. KSLTV made it appear as new and breaking news when the comments attributed to Chad was a month or so old.

I apologize for butchering your post but the words fit my comment.

I hope someday a way can be found to source news from other outlets instead of relying strictly on MSM. The news world has evolved into a very different product then that of just 10-15 years ago. Many people don’t rely on MSM for news and MSM is not always the first to break news. There’s so much valuable information out there that does not contain unwanted rumors and innuendo. It would help forward the goals of sleuthing but I understand the slippery slope. This is a great site with great people who contribute an enormous effort in advancing cases. As it stands now we have to check other sites and piece information together for the full picture. If there is a way to filter sources it would truly make Websleuths the one stop premier all encompassing site for everyone. Make a great site even greater.
I suggest you PM Tricia and suggest adding the site as an approved source, and include your reasoning (which seems very sound IMO).

We figured out if we left my cell on CarPlay with google maps while driving, the navigation would still work, but if I tried to use my cell to video or photograph, we could no longer use google maps, due to loss of satellite, I’m assuming, and had to resort to paper map, (which I’m terrible with). Therefore we used my SO’s cell to video/take photos and he’s working in Alaska currently!!! So I’m going to have him upload them for me, so that I can get them to the FBI. Then there’s the million other photos sitting on an SD card that I will need to upload. We haven’t even looked at those photos since we were there.

Just an FYI for next time you travel somewhere without good cell service, in google maps, you can download the maps to your phone in advance of your trip and then the GPS signal will overlay with the map (you won't have any real-time traffic, etc). Thank you for going thru your photos and sharing them with LE - I hope many more do the same and they can piece together where they went that day.

Nate Eaton - Reporter
7 hrs ·
DAY 65: This is Justin. It’s rare that two local reporters in different states cover the same thing so intensely for months, but such has been the case since December. He lives in Arizona and is doing a phenomenal job uncovering new details on a constantly changing story. We’ve messaged back and forth over the past few weeks but finally met today. Justin’s a good guy after the truth - and he’s made my life better!

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
6 hrs ·
Two journalists bonded by a story a handful of newsrooms dug into. This man works hard and more importantly you can tell he loves what he does. Thank you Nate.

I couldn't just like this!! I LOVE these guys! They work super hard at what they do and have both done an amazing job covering this case!!

...and conveniently he is dead. He's going to be used as everyone's scapegoat.
Now he may be linked to all the dead bodies. :mad:

I have a bad feeling.:(

MOO
Remember, even if all they can effectively charge Lori with are the abandonment charges, she'll likely be going away a long time. She could be 79 years old before her date is up. In other countries, 30 years might be the punishment she'd get for murder (afaik). Plus if they can't prove whether it was Alex vs Lori vs Chad who did any actual killing, they may still charge conspiracy to murder. iirc, one of the warrants used early mentioned conspiracy charges.
- JMO
I know we all want to see her punished severely for her crimes. What she and Alex got away with in the "self defense" murder (so far) of CV is enraging. Everything I know about him makes me think he was a big-hearted and generous person... but his death is still being investigated.

Any lawyers or those otherwise in the know want to chime in on this? What other charges could she or Chad face r/t the murders aside from being charged with committing the act first hand?

Does anyone know why cell coverage in Yellowstone is minimal? In this day and age it could be very helpful for search and rescue if nothing else. I know there might be environmental concerns and the desire to keep Yellowstone in its natural glory but towers can be placed inconspicuously. The value for S&R alone would be worth having some coverage.

SAR relies on radios, not cell phones, and a vast majority of the people visiting Yellowstone don't wander more than a mile from the road. When I worked there in mid-90s, the argument was for the aesthetics of cell towers and the goal of having folks return to nature and "disconnect" - I am pretty sure the hotel rooms still don't have TVs?

Sometimes I can get lost in the “puzzle factor” of a case and have in this one. Then a picture like this just completely takes my breath away. Feeling punched in the gut seeing this.

Oh I hope someone has pics out there of them. I know what I’ll be searching for online tonight—all tagged locations of Yellowstone on Facebook and Instagram from this day and a few after. Hashtags of the same.
I know what you mean. This picture disturbed me most in this case. It’s the look on Alex’s face as Tylee is smiling at the camera. As if he’s impatiently thinking, “enough already, let’s get on with it”. He knew this would be the last picture of Tylee alive.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member