KY PROJECT KENTUCKY - Unidentified Persons Cold Cases

If this is indeed “Baby Boy Doe,” what do authorities hope to achieve with testing it? Almost sounds like they just want to play “mad scientist laboratory.”

Any trouble the mom could have gotten in is long past prosecutable. Since it was more than likely a stillborn, what would they have charged her with? Not reporting a birth? Abuse of a corpse? They should just let him Rest In Peace.

And the “entered only to facilitate DNA processing and analysis” sounds really weird to me. It sounds like it could just be a sperm sample from a rape victim or something like that. But it is that baby boy and not a mere sample. Again, they should just leave him be.

* I actually just now saw that “infant” was mentioned on NamUS. I’d totally overlooked that before. *
I've wondered the same about their reasoning behind entering it merely for DNA processing. Seems like that could be done outside of the realm of public access. Ya know? If they're looking for something in particular, look for it. It doesn't seem like adding him to NamUs (with no details) would garnish any assistance as far as whatever their goal may be. I agree, let him rest in peace as far as we're concerned! (JMO)

Attachments

• CD2F9E58-FBF6-4E5F-89D0-68311776D832.jpeg
    CD2F9E58-FBF6-4E5F-89D0-68311776D832.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5
Yes. I have a bunch of clippings about him, but this one sees to have most of the information that would be helpful for us: If you want to see more of them and have a Newspapers.com account, you can check out my clippings: Clippings - Newspapers.com
Thank you!! It will be helpful, I’m sure! If you see someone snatching up your clippings, it’s probably me! :D:p

Yeah, it's a HOT MESS. I'll make sure I keep out an eye for missing people in KY in my various searches for you. Or people who *might* have would up there.

I've wondered the same about their reasoning behind entering it merely for DNA processing. Seems like that could be done outside of the realm of public access. Ya know? If they're looking for something in particular, look for it. It doesn't seem like adding him to NamUs (with no details) would garnish any assistance as far as whatever their goal may be. I agree, let him rest in peace as far as we're concerned! (JMO)

You never know. The baby's DNA could be the link to another victim, or to identifying a criminal.

I’m having trouble posting stuff because I have had to use my phone. Then I’ve had to get another phone and adjust to even more to that...

They found some remains in Graves County. Is there anything on here related to that yet? It was on one of the Lexington stations other than WKYT (from what I can remember) and there was a suggestion of who it could be. Female.

Along with a “just found” leg in a shoe in Breckinridge County. Could they be connected to an earlier set or a body found upstream? There are a few found upstream and I don’t know how complete they were. That sounds gross, but they could be from the same individual.

As the Ohio River is basically the entire northern border for KY (and the southern for IN/IL/OH)... is the state mentioned based upon just then side they wind up on?

Last edited:
I’m having trouble posting stuff because I have had to use my phone. Then I’ve had to get another phone and adjust to even more to that...

They found some remains in Graves County. Is there anything on here related to that yet? It was on one of the Lexington stations other than WKYT (from what I can remember) and there was a suggestion of who it could be. Female.

Along with a “just found” leg in a shoe in Breckinridge County. Could they be connected to an earlier set or a body found upstream? There are a few found upstream and I don’t know how complete they were. That sounds gross, but they could be from the same individual.

As the Ohio River is basically the entire northern border for KY (and the southern for IN/IL/OH)... is the state mentioned based upon just then side they wind up on?
Are you talking about this?
Remains found in Graves County may be those of woman who disappeared in 2017
GRAVES COUNTY, KY — Human skeletal remains found in Graves County, Kentucky, may be those of a woman who disappeared in 2017, the sheriff's office says.

In a news release, Graves County Sheriff Jon Hayden says he was notified around 3 p.m. Thursday that skeletal remains may have been found in a wooded area on Love Lane just north of Sedalia. Investigators responded and confirmed the discovery, then the Graves County Coroner's Office was called to the scene. Hayden says Graves County investigators — with assistance from Kentucky State Police, the Graves County Coroner’s Office and the University of Tennessee Knoxville Anthropology Center, which contacts with the Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office — held the scene as they continued to recover evidence until around 8 p.m. Friday.

In the release, Hayden says investigators believe the remains belong to an adult who died two to three years ago. Hayden says the remains have not yet been definitively identified yet, and an autopsy and examination will be performed by the Kentucky Medical Examiner's Office in an attempt to determine who the person is and the manner of death.

While the person's identity is not known, Hayden says the family of Lynette McCollum has been notified about the discovery. McCollum has been missing since June of 2017. The woman, who was 53 at the time of her disappearance, was last seen at her home on Love Lane. Since then, she has not been found and is still considered to be a missing person.

Hayden says a date for the autopsy of the remains has not yet been set.

Perhaps this new case in Namus refers this this set of remains? Description "partial skeletal remains found on riverbank" at Cloverport KY on 16 March 2020.
www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/67292

At least there was a quick ID in this case:
"Paige Valisa Johnson disappeared from Covington, Kentucky on September 23, 2010. In March 2020, nine and a half years after her disappearance, her burned human skull was found by deer hunters in the woods near East Fork State Park in Clermont County, Kentucky. Her death is under investigation."
Paige Valisa Johnson – The Charley Project

At least there was a quick ID in this case:
"Paige Valisa Johnson disappeared from Covington, Kentucky on September 23, 2010. In March 2020, nine and a half years after her disappearance, her burned human skull was found by deer hunters in the woods near East Fork State Park in Clermont County, Kentucky. Her death is under investigation."
Paige Valisa Johnson – The Charley Project
Oh no :( Yes, luckily they were able to ID her. Now hopefully she gets justice! Rest Peacefully Paige! }!{

Happy Friday everyone!! :)

I’m still working on compiling a list of possible matches and questions to send to Amy (the ME) for all our Kentucky cases. It has proved to be a tedious task and is taking longer than expected. :oops:

I was hoping some of you might want to help me with it! I’m going over all the cases to check for updates and help assemble my list, so as a way to refresh some of the threads I’m going to post the potential matches and questions we’ve come up with so far for each individual case. (The info is also on the spreadsheet which I’m realizing is completely overwhelming LOL)

If anyone happens to see a refreshed Kentucky thread and has the time to provide feedback, I’d appreciate it! I just want to make sure I’m sending the best possible matches and asking the most pressing and potentially helpful questions we have! So if I’ve left anything out, or need to remove something, just let me know. I’m hoping to send Amy an email by Monday (fingers crossed), and if need be, I’ll contact individual agencies after this.

Thank you ALL so much! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby_Cluebie_Doo
Back