Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
If each count is conditional on a specific weapon, then yes.

I think that is the case, and Gannon’s body showed injuries consistent with those weapons.

I did think the truth was worse than we could imagine, and today’s developments appear to have made that a reality.

Now we await the arrest affidavit.

Even if the judge okays the release of the arrest affidavit, I would think they will have to amend it with supporting evidence for the newer charges, then redact it, so I would imagine it will be awhile yet.

Yes I think they know one of those killed him, just not exactly which yet.

Exactly. There must be evidence of all those methods (blunt force, firearm, stabbing) and probably they do not know what was the COD.
I assume he was found with evidence of abuse (probably the blunt force trauma / knife or sharp object - there was the blood in the house) when she snapped and injured him. And then, she killed him to hide the abuse probably using a firearm. (does she have a firearm registered?? or Al? I am sure LE would have looked into registered weapons )

Not a lawyer but I assume if there was no evidence of firearm used then there wouldn't be a firearm charge. I assume they did toxicology and that's why there is no mention of poisoning / OD on medicine like some of us thought.

MOO of course

Looking at the charges it looks like they’re charging her with counts related to all three manners of death! But I’m thinking that’s because they aren’t sure?

But they filed the charges today, i.e., after the autopsy was completed.

I think the DA knew exactly what those autopsy results showed when he filed those additional 8 counts.

I think GS's body bore evidence of all 3 types of injuries, i.e., gunshot, stab wound, blunt force trauma.

I would dearly love to be wrong.

But it fits with my theory of the crime.

JMO.

I keep a notebook in my car for suspicious things I see. I don't call them in, but if down the road something comes up, I can report what I saw.

Maybe someday I'll self-publish it. I'm sure someone will buy a copy.
My dad was a cop.
He trained us to be observant, to notice vehicle numbers and strange things in strange places.
Not a whole pile of use to me cos memory like a sieve and I don't know makes and models of cars.. they are all just cars to me... but I do notice registrations... where they came from.
I wonder whether many people do this?

This is what bothers me too. How was she not seen by LE? There were no eyes on her? I assume she drove across the country with her phone off? No GPS on the rental vehicle? I’m just so confused
Musical cars? How many cars in the caravan when she went back? A rental? HHs? other Family member(s) - remember 'cousin It' interview.

I think there likely just needs to be sufficient evidence that COD was due to gunshot, blunt force object, stabbing. Doesn’t have to be definitive, just strong evidence that one of those killed him. It’s likely too difficult to determine without a shadow of a doubt at this point due to decomp, so all of them were charged. I could be wrong though. I really hope I am not wrong in this instance, as I can’t imagine his parents even processing that all of them occurred.

I don't see how T kept his body until she drove to SC as the smell would have been overwhelming.
Somehow I don’t think that would have bothered her one bit.
It seems kind of obvious to me that she either 1) passed him off to someone else at about 450 miles from COS or 2) left him there, at about 45o miles from COS. That would have been in the night of Tuesday-Wednesday.
Do we know when she left for SC? I have seen it said that it was right after the field interview on Friday the 31st, but I don't know where I read that, so I'll just propose she left then for the purpose of this theory.
By then I think her own car had been impounded, plus that of HH. And maybe the pickup too, for that matter.
So if she left COS after that interview, as the white van or mover truck was behind her parked during the interview, if she took off for SC then, and picked up his body at the 450 mile mark, then all she had to do was drive through to Pensacola, dump him and go to SC. He would have been abandoned (in a suitcase probably) -for about 3 full days in this proposed scenario.
Unless an accomplice already had gone to Florida.

Also she had that 3+ hours with the rental the morning of Tuesday to either move him 1.5 hours towards where she was going to go, or to sprinkle the evidence around to confuse the LE. We all discussed this earlier, he could have been in the back of the SUV at the airport.

Do we know what she did on Wednesday? Was that the shopping day?

Last edited:
I don't see how T kept his body until she drove to SC as the smell would have been overwhelming.
Somehow I don’t think that would have bothered her one bit.
He could have been sealed in a plastic bag and in a container. That would have held the smell down. Also, she had reached a level of desperation that forced her to put up with the odor. moo

As a point of reference, be reminded that LS gave a live interview on Jan 31 in Co Springs about 4 pm so we know where she was at this time.

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
I just spoke with the stepmother of missing 11 year old boy #GannonStauch We’ve got the full interview up online: https://bit.ly/2RKVO9p You’ll hear the day Gannon went missing, the target she says is painted on her back, and the reason detectives say she was not cooperating
EPpUXcPU4AIQhiI.jpg

3:10 PM - 31 Jan 2020

For some reason I was thinking that interview took place way after Jan 31st. Wow.

So after this she loaded up his body and moved him? Why wasn't she being watched, I'm all too confused at the logistics of this.

I can’t decide if prison or the death penalty is too good for her. She doesn’t deserve to live, but spending out the rest of her days in prison is certainly a miserable way to live and die. I guess I want whichever she’s more afraid of.
The Death Penalty just puts her out of her misery. She does not deserve such a peaceful death.

I wonder if she moved him twice, the 2nd time to Florida. It appears to have happened just after the neighbor's video was discovered, perhaps she panicked as everything started to point to her, and maybe picked Florida to hasten decomposition. MOO

This is what is leading me to believe she had help, There was tonnes of media attention on here, all over SM were rumours she was behind his disappearance. I just can not see her going back to his body loading it into a vehicle and driving for hours and hours and hours knowing how much spot light was on here and the possibility the police were tracking her. it makes no sense.

They were pretty quick to tentatively say this is Gannon. I'm assuming they have cell phone, rental car or credit card data.

It's pretty ballsy to move a body when you've been kicked out of your husband's home and living out of a hotel in CO with all eyes on you. She was clearly under scrutiny, so to go back to the scene of the crime, scoop up a dead child and drive a thousand plus miles "under the radar" just seems ludicrous.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member