Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the side of she didn't some horrible abuse to him Sunday night and then had to "take care of the problem" on Monday. My mind can't comprehend that someone is evil enough to take their young stepson on a fun hike and have a Burger King lunch, only to be planning his murder the whole time. That would beg the question, WHY? Although, I guess this whole case has myself asking that question anyway.

I do believe what happened on Monday was all planned out.
I don't believe what happened on Sunday was planned out at all.

Here's why:

If everything that happened beginning on Sunday was planned, then there would be no evidence at the house.
TS would have simply driven him directly to wherever she was going to kill him on Monday.
The fact that there was evidence recovered from the home indicates that there was an initial assault there.
The fact that she wove so much detail r/t the garage, the side of the house, the key, etc., also supports the fact that something very bad happened in that home.
The horrific home video she shot also leads one to conclude that there was an attack at the house.

That initial attack on GS was rage-related.
We know TS has a history of violent assault as evidenced by her arrest record.

We also know GS was alive when he left with her Monday morning.
By that time, her rage had subsided, and she was acting with cold calculation.
She was marching him out to his execution in that driveway on Monday morning.

TS planned his murder in advance.
It was planned after the initial assault, though.
It was planned after she realized she had inflicted injuries that weren't going to heal naturally, and that couldn't be explained away.

TS's motive for killing GS was self-preservation.

She had hurt him badly, and she didn't want to suffer the serious repercussions that were coming her way once it was discovered.

I fully anticipate that this will be the theory of the crime that the DDA lays out before the jury at trial.

JMO.
All you state makes perfect sense.

What I'm very curious about is what ignited her rage? She had been in Gannon's life for over five years. Why now, what happened to set her off? Loss of her job that Friday, or did Gannon find something she was afraid he was going to tell Landen or Al?

Does the extra charge related to the knife mean this was an instrument that had a hand in his eventual murder? Or that he was actually, physically stabbed?
I ask because, maybe she used a knife/woodworking tool to cut his feet, with the purposes of inflicting pain/torture. Another reason he could’ve been struggling to walk. Just wondering if her statement about him cutting his foot in the garage (and therefore blood found there) had some truth to it....

When I first watched that video, I had an immediate physical reaction. Seeing Gannon standing there, hesistant to get in the truck, caused me to actually whine in despair. I whispered to my computer - "don't get in, don't get in". The hair on the back of my neck went up and my body was on alert. When he did, I became so still. I just stared. When she comes back without him, my body recoiled and sagged. It was so final and I knew.

Watching a child walk to his own murder is ..... I can't find the word. All I know is Gannon Stauch will be with me forever and that video will haunt me until the day I day.
I felt the same way. I just wanted to be able to yell into the computer screen "Don't get in the truck!".

Does the extra charge related to the knife mean this was an instrument that had a hand in his eventual murder? Or that he was actually, physically stabbed?
I ask because, maybe she used a knife/woodworking tool to cut his feet, with the purposes of inflicting pain/torture. Another reason he could’ve been struggling to walk. Just wondering if her statement about him cutting his foot in the garage (and therefore blood found there) had some truth to it....
This brings the bloody sock that was supposedly found into play, if you're right. But TS is a liar who can't tell the truth. So the cut on his foot may be a complete fabrication, never happened. An assault took place in the garage, but it wasn't his foot which bled.

I would say that its highly likely that everything listed in the amended charges were discovered via the autopsy. The timing of the new charges and the way they were drafted lends itself to this. And I would wager to say that they could probably tell to some degree when those injuries occurred and how fatal they were JMO

Last edited:
I've been wondering if the "map route" of FBI agents is due to accessing CCTV along her route and these agents will represent the footage collected from their respective locations in court.

I have a feeling they know she was in Florida and are just looking for additional witnesses to corroborate erratic behavior, what items she had with her, etc.

Has anyone seen any info on where the funeral and/or memorial might be held for Gannon. So sad - and with his parents split in different states, which state would be his true resting place? SC or CO? My guess is that it will end up being SC.

According to LH, this sweet angel will be laid to rest in SC since he spent most of his life there. I imagine some type of memorial service might be held in CO at some point as well. AS's church had several memorial services the weekend after the presser where LE said they believed that Gannon was no longer alive.

Still hoping a playground or park can in the area can be named for Gannon, with a Sonic statue at the entrance to greet everyone!

This sweet, amazing, joyful little boy deserved so much better in life, but he will be celebrated & never be forgotten in the hearts of so many!

I've been wondering if the "map route" of FBI agents is due to accessing CCTV along her route and these agents will represent the footage collected from their respective locations in court.

I have a feeling they know she was in Florida and are just looking for additional witnesses to corroborate erratic behavior, what items she had with her, etc.

Very strong possibility. There's also several banking institutions on the witness list, so they probably also followed a trail of transactions.

What I'm very curious about is what ignited her rage? She had been in Gannon's life for over five years. Why now, what happened to set her off? Loss of her job that Friday, or did Gannon find something she was afraid he was going to tell Landen or Al?
I think the job loss was a trigger but I also believe she picked on him - imo since we have not had any information that she did - just a feeling I have
JMO

Did LS ever give her own explanation of where they went after ganon is seen slowly getting into the truck? I think we all know what she was doing but did she put out any excuse in the media?
She did an interview ( I’m assuming by phone ) with Leigh Egan. IMO TS is seeing at the time the searches going on in Douglas County and realizes that LE knows she’s been there, hence her talking about getting lost and taking a back way. JMO

Gannon Stauch stepmom reveals where she went the day Colorado boy disappeared [EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW]

I would say that its highly likely that everything listed in the amended charges were discovered via the autopsy. The timing of the new charges and the way they were drafted lends itself to this. And I would wager to say that they could probably tell to some degree when those injuries occurred and how fatal they were JMO
They undoubtedly know COD and the order of the injuries, you're right. I want to see what the tox screens reveal, did she drug him?

I don't believe for one second that was the first time she's hurt Gannon.
I firmly believe there were prior incidents of abuse, including emotional, verbal, and/or physical abuse.

Violence is not a "new" behavior for TS.
Look at her arrest record.
This is who she is, and has been, for a very, very long time.

I think any rejection, either real or perceived, is a trigger for her rage.
I think she's likely been rejected on multiple fronts recently (employment, marriage, etc.) and that she was a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode.
I think you're spot on about the recent job loss being one of the triggers.

I suspect it was something very, very minor that GS either said or did that she seized upon that Sunday, and GS became the whipping boy for all her pent-up rage.

She's evil.
She's vile.
She's toxic.
She's cruel.

She's demonic.

COVID-19 ain't got nothing on her.
She poses a serious threat to anyone who comes in contact with her.
She's utterly destructive.

She never should have been allowed within striking distance of that poor little boy.
Never.

JMO.

Last edited:
I think the job loss was a trigger but I also believe she picked on him - imo since we have not had any information that she did - just a feeling I have
JMO
ITA losing that job triggered her. Something else just occurred to me. When she talked to Leigh Egan about the rental car and which vehicles were at the airport, TS said that AS drove with his Mom to the Denver airport Saturday night. Because his Mom was taking a red eye flight . I don’t believe much of what she says but I believe this.
So not only the job situation, but she had just had her Mother in Law visiting. JMO

She didn't "hurt" him. She KILLED him. IMO

MOO

We may safely assume Gannon was not deceased immediately after LS originally "hurt" him Saturday and/or Sunday because HH reported (during the 'Cousin Itt' interview) that she saw Gannon that Sunday evening after the hike (I do not believe HH lied) and then Gannon is seen in the RD video recorded Monday walking to and entering the truck.

LS had to have murdered Gannon that Monday or Tuesday; we do not yet know if LS had placed a restrained, still-alive Gannon that Monday either somewhere along the 'shopping trip' route or if he was deceased and in a suitcase still in LS' possession and was eventually placed in the rented vehicle early Tuesday morning.

Charges against LS indicate LE believes she murdered Gannon that Monday; they assume Gannon was deceased by the time he was reported to LE as a "runaway". There is no reason to believe Gannon was still alive at that point.

I have since reluctantly abandoned the "shadow on the other side of the truck" theory which assumes Gannon returned in the truck that Monday afternoon and that LS had murdered Gannon Monday evening. I am curious as to what Gannon's younger sibling said about what she witnessed that weekend; did she ever see Gannon Monday morning?

Would LE have checked suitcases in the house that Monday, Tuesday while searching for a "runaway" Gannon? I doubt it. For all we know, Gannon's body might have been in a suitcase placed in the bed of the truck or in the trunk of her vehicle, ready to be transported the following Tuesday morning.

MOO

I really like this theory. I thought it was odd for a person who behaves the way she does and is so self-centered in her comments and interviews to not want her face shown. I doubt she was worried that people wouldn't believe her -- I don't think she thinks that way.

She either knew that she was driving Gannon's body out of state and didn't want her face plastered everywhere, as you suggested. Or, she didn't have her face made-up and didn't want to go on camera without the glamour.
“face plastered” I’m going with this choice.

:):);):):)
ITA losing that job triggered her. Something else just occurred to me. When she talked to Leigh Egan about the rental car and which vehicles were at the airport, TS said that AS drove with his Mom to the Denver airport Saturday night. Because his Mom was taking a red eye flight . I don’t believe much of what she says but I believe this.
So not only the job situation, but she had just had her Mother in Law visiting. JMO
:) would this be his “nana” , the one Gannon would run to? good catch @Cindizzi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members