Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I read that jumped out to me in this thread (again I have not read everything) is the talk of her leaving Colorado Springs in a caravan. Is there any proof that she left in a caravan? Someone on here mentioned that maybe she showed up with the rental truck to try to pick up things and she wasn't allowed in. I thought that was a great point. The newsman in the neighborhood happened to catch her for that crazy impromptu interview. So maybe she was there with the truck but it was empty because she couldn't get anything and the truck was returned.

That's my point about the car. Is there any proof that she drove it. You mention working on allibi immediately so why would she pick her husband up and them disappear for the better part of a day. I think someone else drove the car to tie up loose ends. And it is definitely important to get her locked up at the very first opportunity even if you are still chasing other suspects.
I don't believe he knew about the car. I believe she used it to stow evidence (maybe the suitcase, maybe from the home cleanup the eve before) I don't even know if she picked him up unless it was to pick a fight over LH coming to stay at their home later that day. She needed an excuse to get away from him, his questions, and to be able to finish disposing of evidence. He was not wearing his wedding ring on January 30, so who knows when THAT happened. MOO

I also think about that gate and the key. I can’t help but think he tried to escape through that exit to no avail on Sunday night. Something bothered her enough to say something about it. Maybe there is nothing to the key because she had it all along trapping him in the home. Jmo

I wonder if the front door has a lock up high or a deadbolt that takes a key to unlock. moo

She absolutely could have done what she needed to do in that four hour time window. Drive Gannon to their destination, shoot him to death, and arrive home. During this time period, it also appears she tried to build an alibi.

The following day she rented that vehicle, and she almost certainly used it for the purpose of tying up loose ends. That 955 miles is not a fact, and may have been entered in error.

No charges have been filed against other suspects, and if there was the likelihood of that, the prosecution almost certainly would oppose the arrest affidavit being unsealed.

That’s what happened in the Frazee case, when Dan May’s office not only opposed its release, but was also able to keep it from the defense for a period of time.

Same office, different stance. There’s a reason for that

BBM:

Part of what drove the DA to file that motion to rescind the unsealing of the affidavit in the Frazee case was concern for the safety of potential witnesses.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/001/P-6 People's Motion to Rescind Unsealing of Arrest Warrant.pdf

It doesn't appear as though the DA has the same concern in this case.

If anyone was at all complicit in helping TS cover up the murder after the fact, be it by lying for her or whatever,
I suspect LE and the DA have already gained the cooperation of that individual.
That person would pretty much end up putty in DDA Allen's hands.

JMO.

Last edited:
I can see wanting this family to have some kind of a win after such a horrible, despicable loss. I hope for the dog's sake that it is in a great home and being well-cared for until this is sorted out.

The hardest thing to fathom here is how you move on without your brother, your son, and your companion. I am not sure how they will do it but it seems that their mom is incredibly strong and determined to create a positive path forward. I hope she can maintain it.
You said for all of us @kaen ! Gannon's family has suffered unmercifully and repeatedly as a result of a vile, poor excuse for a human being. First Gannon is missing, then notification that he is deceased (LE Press Conference), then his body is discovered and they learn the brutality of their son's death. Up until TS's arrest, she made it a point to take the focus off of Gannon and made a media and SM spectacle of herself. LH endured a horrendous devaluing plus TS attempted to blame the disappearance on her. And the two videos TS posted on her FB (I believe) was intended to inflict pain.

Gannon's family suffers horribly. While at his weakest, most trying moments, AS conducted himself with the utmost integrity. He is not asking for much, and I pray that the judge goes as far as to sign a court order demanding the dog's return.

And given the circumstances, why in the name of all that is decent has the dog not been returned already??

okay, all done with rant.

I wonder if the front door has a lock up high or a deadbolt that takes a key to unlock. moo
I have this thought that he knew he was doomed sitting in that house possibly so hurt he knew he was dying. He probably wanted out. Who wouldn’t want to escape to get help. I think LS locked that house down to make sure he could not get help. :(

I can see wanting this family to have some kind of a win after such a horrible, despicable loss. I hope for the dog's sake that it is in a great home and being well-cared for until this is sorted out.

The hardest thing to fathom here is how you move on without your brother, your son, and your companion. I am not sure how they will do it but it seems that their mom is incredibly strong and determined to create a positive path forward. I hope she can maintain it.
We see her public demeanor, and her justice stance for her child, which is authentic, but it’s very different when you’re walking with this hour by hour and having to sleep with it each night.

This is barely the beginning, and the trauma is so severe with child loss, and how Gannon died amplifies it even more. Strength is one thing, but it’s resilience that keeps you upright, that develops as you’re handed various aspects of this experience and untenable absence each day, and she will also have to endure the trial. It’s all very very challenging, to say the least. It’s like a bomb going off in your face and you have to stay standing and just keep going.

I hope they get the pup back. There’s so much comfort in having an animal connected to your loved one.

What she’s put this family through, along with what she did to Gannon is beyond punishment. There can never be enough. It will never be balanced. I hope she ‘s out of her mind with having to sit in a cell, knowing his body was recovered And the story has been told.

Gannon
That's my point about the car. Is there any proof that she drove it. You mention working on allibi immediately so why would she pick her husband up and them disappear for the better part of a day. I think someone else drove the car to tie up loose ends. And it is definitely important to get her locked up at the very first opportunity even if you are still chasing other suspects.

Gannon...

MOOThe urgency to hide the body, outweighed the need for an alibi. She thought she had an alibi
Searching for him in unfamiliar car.

While I believe she had help with other
things, she would have a hard time liesplaining her shooting a little boy
in cold blood. JMO

Last edited:
You said for all of us @kaen ! Gannon's family has suffered unmercifully and repeatedly as a result of a vile, poor excuse for a human being. First Gannon is missing, then notification that he is deceased (LE Press Conference), then his body is discovered and they learn the brutality of their son's death. Up until TS's arrest, she made it a point to take the focus off of Gannon and made a media and SM spectacle of herself. LH endured a horrendous devaluing plus TS attempted to blame the disappearance on her. And the two videos TS posted on her FB (I believe) was intended to inflict pain.

Gannon's family suffers horribly. While at his weakest, most trying moments, AS conducted himself with the utmost integrity. He is not asking for much, and I pray that the judge goes as far as to sign a court order demanding the dog's return.

And given the circumstances, why in the name of all that is decent has the dog not been returned already??

okay, all done with rant.
Do we know who has the dog?

Another thing I read that jumped out to me in this thread (again I have not read everything) is the talk of her leaving Colorado Springs in a caravan. Is there any proof that she left in a caravan? Someone on here mentioned that maybe she showed up with the rental truck to try to pick up things and she wasn't allowed in. I thought that was a great point. The newsman in the neighborhood happened to catch her for that crazy impromptu interview. So maybe she was there with the truck but it was empty because she couldn't get anything and the truck was returned.
Maybe, sigh maybe, She had already packed that precious cargo all the way in the back.

The LE and prosecutors in Kansas need to follow in a fair and logical order. Waiting to see how one set of charges goes before filing others is completely unethical. IMO, IANAL

It's hard to understand your syntax here. Who is claiming anything is ethical/unethical or that the word "ethical" is connected to the order of filings?

Who claimed that, besides you (you have a habit of inserting your ideas as questions - but no one else is claiming anything about ethics in regard to those charges, as far as I have seen).

I think you're asking about charges. The lesser charges may or may not be filed, at the discretion of the jurisdiction in Kansas. They will consider many things, but "ethics" is closely allied with "legal." Are you suggesting that it would be ethical (or unethical) to charge LS with assault in Kansas? That's not how it works -if authorities have evidence she assaulted someone, they may charge her any time between now and the time when the statute of limitation (SoL) runs out.

Why would they go to the expense of charging her right now? If they do, they have to transport her to Kansas to arraign her. Then they have to pay for her public defender there. The statute isn't going to run any time soon - so any sensible Prosecutor would wait. If she gets Life + 300 years, as I am hoping, then Kansas doesn't have to spend the public's money on the case.

Are you saying you think it's unethical for Kansas to save itself expense and various anxieties? Are you thinking that the only ethical stance is for everyone to be charged with every possible thing? Why do you think that? What system of ethics do you espouse? You sound as if you might be utilitarian, but I think that if you really consider the question you'll find that utilitarian ethics dictate that Kansas sit back, work on more pressing problems that benefit more people, and NOT charge LS in Kansas at this time.

(And why yes, I'm very interested in folk ethics - your responses seem unusual and I'd like to hear them).

What she’s put this family through, along with what she did to Gannon is beyond punishment. There can never be enough. It will never be balanced.
Well this brought tears to my eyes. This explains why there are 40 threads and we aren't even at the preliminary hearing. The world is outraged over this atrocity .

I have this thought that he knew he was doomed sitting in that house possibly so hurt he knew he was dying. He probably wanted out. Who wouldn’t want to escape to get help. I think LS locked that house down to make sure he could not get help. :(

I also believe TS had control of his phone so he was unable to call for help. LE has it now so they will be able to determine any other misleading or deleted information.

I’m not sure there was ever a thought of bringing about charges in Kansas. I’m sure the deputies involved are well aware of the importance of what transpired. That will be revealed via one more shovel full of dirt to bury her at a murder trial. There’s no charges for a reason and that reason is that they pale in comparison to what she is facing in Colorado. She just made the witness list a little longer and her hole a bit deeper. DDA Allen will handle the rest jmo

DBM

Last edited:
I also think about that gate and the key. I can’t help but think he tried to escape through that exit to no avail on Sunday night. Something bothered her enough to say something about it. Maybe there is nothing to the key because she had it all along trapping him in the home. Jmo
I too believed he tried to escape thru that gate, which means he was already badly injured before that Monday fateful ride. IMO

I also believe TS had control of his phone so he was unable to call for help. LE has it now so they will be able to determine any other misleading or deleted information.
Here's to hoping Gannon was able to record incidents (if any occurred) on his phone. It depends on just how smart LS is; did she perform a complete wipe of Gannon's phone?

Semiconductor memory (EEPROM, MEMORY CARDS, ETC.) is not like magnetic-based memory (hard drives). There is no residual data left for forensics teams to extract if you delete or overwrite every memory cell.

Last edited:
Just the thought of our Gannon running to that (presumably) locked gate trying to escape fills me with righteous anger.
Or the suffering she inflicted the night before his death.
How dare she .

Instead there's a better way to channel our anger.
What a pity that CO recently abolished the ultimate punishment. Sickening.
The justice system and how it handles child murders (& other innocents as well) is totally broken.

How is it that a person can brutally kill an 11 year old and get rewarded with 3 hots and a cot, medical care, not having to work at all, and family visits for the rest of their life ?
Some prisons allow cell phones and even marriages.

This "thing" can write letters and talk over the phone to her family. They will be able to see her face when they visit for the remainder of her days.
Gannon's family will never hear his voice nor will they get to give him a hug.

So there will be a life for this unspeakable monster; even if behind bars.
Some prisoners complete a college course as well.
The only danger she'll face will be at the hands of another disgruntled prisoner.
And even then they'll probably put her in isolation for her own "protection".

Gannon's family will be able to grieve and bury him respectfully; and for that I'm thankful.
But TS' continued existence is a slap in the face to her victims.
She'll most likely try to drag their names through the mud at the trial.

And will be a danger to the guards and other prisoners, not to mention she could attempt to threaten or manipulate her own daughter even whilst locked away.

Hoping the laws can someday change for the better in CO !
Perps need to fear the consequences if they murder innocent children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa