FL FL - Jack "Don" Lewis, 59, Tampa, 18 Aug 1997 ("Tiger King" missing husband) Joe Exotic guilty

What do we here at WEBSLEUTHS know about staging a scene? The van at the airport with the keys and briefcase inside. I understood there were no planes missing. I’m still in the process of rewatching.

Well 'they' don't always find the truck:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article173844011.html

Did you catch the part when CB casually said that to get a tiger to really bite someone, you smear sardine oil all over them?

Now that's just not information I had prior to this whole Tiger King business. Just sayin'

Are you sure that's what you heard because AFAIK, a private pilot's license doesn't expire.

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR)

Electronic Code of Federal Regulations
e-CFR data is current as of April 1, 2020

Title 14Chapter ISubchapter D → Part 61

§61.11 Expired pilot certificates and re-issuance.
§61.13 Issuance of airman certificates, ratings, and authorizations.
§61.14 [Reserved]
§61.15 Offenses involving alcohol or drugs.
§61.16 Refusal to submit to an alcohol test or to furnish test results.
§61.17 Temporary certificate.
§61.18 [Reserved]
§61.19 Duration of pilot and instructor certificates and privileges.

Pilot licenses do expire/become invalid in multiple ways. To remain licensed, the pilot must fly a certain number of hours each month and must pass a physical examination

Become a Pilot – Recreational Pilot and Private Pilot Certificates

but of course the Airman Medical Certificate now has some date flexibility due to our COVID 19 experience.

Licenses can be revoked, too. The FAA is a serious outfit. A serious outfit that will absolutely send you another pilot's license if you lose yours!!!

This article from 1998 states he was not licensed: Too Purrfect

"The trained (though not licensed) pilot always carried enough cash to purchase an airplane, but he shopped for his clothes at garage sales."

On episode 3, CB states Don lost his license the day after he got it. Timestamp 23:55

Ages, Years, Relationship.
@PatLaurel Thanks for pointing this out.
Per HCSO poster, JDL was born in 1938, so in 1981 was 42 y/o, <---as you say (or ~43 yo?).
In 1981 & she was 20 y/o <---as you say (depending on actual b'day & meeting day).
If they met in 19
81, rather than 1991, that more than doubles length of their relationship as I had

SBM

They met in January, 1981. JDL was 42 yo and CB 20 yo. He would turn 43 in April and she would turn 21 in in June. So by the time they met he was "her senior 22 years".

Sorry for my poor math before @al66pine

She said she was 20 but she was 19. He was 23 years her senior and not 22 as she said... I guess it shows how much she cared for him. Love at first sight???

"I just fell in love with him at first sight," said Carole Lewis, now 36, who met him at 19. They carried on an affair for years before his 1990 divorce, she said."

19 Sep 1997, 22 - Tampa Bay Times at Newspapers.com

Edit: Grammar

CB "encouraged them to check out the rumors from Costa Rica (...)". Did she encourage them to search the property? Just to make sure JDL hadn't fallen into the lake and drowned...?

JMO

Coincidence: Brenda Lee Bridges was last seen getting into a white van at Nebraska Avenue and Skipper Road in Tampa, Florida on August 16, 1997. She has never been heard from again.
Same avenue where CB met JDL... and a white van.
Brenda Lee Bridges – The Charley Project

Really pleased to see a thread about this, following with interest.

Carole’s first animal ‘rescue’ was called wildlife on easy street. It wasn’t a rescue though as she bought the cats off some pretty shady people. She also has a ton of skinned and taxidermied cats in the banquet hall that she hosts events from. She claims they’re for ‘educational purposes’. She’s raised a few eyebrows and brought on a lot of the hate as she campaigns for people to have their cats seized, uses PETA to do it as well, raises a lot of money for their care and then a lot die pretty quickly afterwards. She then blames the old owners for their care but many of the owners had legal proof the animals were healthy.

I don’t believe in exotic big cats being in captivity, I don’t support private ownership but I have followed a lot of the cases and those peoples private accounts. So I have seen where they’ve shared proof of health etc.

It’s also worth noting that the meat grinder wasn’t available for inspection after Don went missing. Joe also spoke many times on his live show on YouTube saying he had proof that Don Lewis was buried under the septic tank. I used to watch his live show sometimes, it was as crazy, if not more so than Tiger King. JMO

Really pleased to see a thread about this, following with interest.

It’s also worth noting that the meat grinder wasn’t available for inspection after Don went missing. Joe also spoke many times on his live show on YouTube saying he had proof that Don Lewis was buried under the septic tank. I used to watch his live show sometimes, it was as crazy, if not more so than Tiger King. JMO

Don's right-hand man ex-wife came forward. Someone interviewed her and uploaded it on YouTube. She says there was an industrial meat grinder that they would drive around in a golf cart to feed the animals. I can't really picture anyone using a manual countertop meat grinder to feed 200 animals, as CB stated.
I'm not saying she fed JDL to the tigers... But for some reason she declined to take a polygraph.
So many obvious evidences that she is involved in JDL's disappearance... it puzzles me how she was able to get away with it.

JMO

Don's right-hand man ex-wife came forward. Someone interviewed her and uploaded it on YouTube. She says there was an industrial meat grinder that they would drive around in a golf cart to feed the animals. I can't really picture anyone using a manual countertop meat grinder to feed 200 animals, as CB stated.
I'm not saying she fed JDL to the tigers... But for some reason she declined to take a polygraph.
So many obvious evidences that she is involved in JDL's disappearance... it puzzles me how she was able to get away with it.

JMO
Her brother was LE which I think helped. Follow the money. Her whole family benefitted from Dons disappearance. So many others lost out. MOO but I suspect she fed most of him to the tigers and the rest of his body that was leftover went either into the nearby swamp or under the septic tank. JMO

Her brother was LE which I think helped. Follow the money. Her whole family benefitted from Dons disappearance. So many others lost out. MOO but I suspect she fed most of him to the tigers and the rest of his body that was leftover went either into the nearby swamp or under the septic tank. JMO

That is another thing that puzzles me... She had lost contact with her brother years ago and the day JDL disappears she runs into her brother... out of the blue??? At 3 am??? Walking down the road to buy milk for the cats??? Really?
And she had no idea her brother "worked for the sheriff. Who would have said? He was just a shy boy." (quoting CB, TK episode #3)

I wonder who recognized whom at 3am?

JMO

That is another thing that puzzles me... She had lost contact with her brother years ago and the day JDL disappears she runs into her brother... out of the blue??? At 3 am??? Walking down the road to buy milk for the cats??? Really?
And she had no idea her brother "worked for the sheriff. Who would have said? He was just a shy boy." (quoting CB, TK episode #3)

JMO
I’m in the ‘don’t believe a word she says’ camp I’m afraid. I’ve watched some of her yt shows on cases and animals I know about. Some where horrific abuse cases, some were seizures from private owners, some were in less than ideal situations but she still put her own twist on things. Some were also in terrible circumstances and yet other animals (probably of lesser value) were left behind and had to wait months/years for another rescues help. It was always sad to see the animals die, usually under anaesthetic or be pts prematurely. One of her family members is the vet IIRC.

It’s worth looking up Joes show on YT afaik it’s still up there. He would often show evidence that he had on her and others JMO

I'm rewatching Tiger King (round 3 today), and although i'm not a psychologist, i noticed that there's something off about CB. Every time she talks about all the things she has been accused of, she laughs. At first (round 1 of TK) i thought it was her way to show she's not worried about it at all. But now (round 3 of TK) i'm almost sure it's a brain reaction to her stress and anxiety when she talks about certain things. It's a nervous laugh. She laughs the accusations off in an attempt to take people's attention off of the real subject. Typical trait of a liar.
JMO JMO JMO

P.S. I'm only almost sure.

Exactly, I saw the same thing. She laughs and looks up and to the right (I think it's the right, maybe it's to the left), whenever confronted with questions about her guilt/innocence. She does it over and over. I don't believe that's a coincidence.

{IMO} The disagreement over her decision to stop cub breeding and his to keep going probably was the fuel to the divorce fire. I don’t see that man just walking away from everything he built. I totally believe his ex wife and kids when they speak about the unfortunate situation. But the truth will come and those involved will pay. Kenny Farr
(JDL handyman) ex wife spoke out already since the documentary. They need to release Joe and Lock up Carol.
Ps
I don’t believe she fed him to the Tigers as obvious as it seems I think she shot him and he’s under the septic tank
(just my theory)

Interesting. What did Kenny Farr's wife speak up about -- what did she say?

JDL's Petition for Injunction Was Denied
@PatLaurel
Thanks for deciphering those words in the court order.
Well 'they' don't always find the truck:

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article173844011.html

Did you catch the part when CB casually said that to get a tiger to really bite someone, you smear sardine oil all over them?

Now that's just not information I had prior to this whole Tiger King business. Just sayin'

Yes! And the way she said it was so creepy. MOO

This article from 1998 states he was not licensed: Too Purrfect

"The trained (though not licensed) pilot always carried enough cash to purchase an airplane, but he shopped for his clothes at garage sales."

On episode 3, CB states Don lost his license the day after he got it. Timestamp 23:55

BBM

Yes, she said that. The instructor who handled his testing had enough records for him to order another copy.

She suggested that he got in a plane & is in the ocean.

If he didn't own a plane, he probably rented one.

The rental forms require the pilot's license number.

If he rented at the school where he earned his license, they had the number,, copy of the license or no.

The FAA is a serious agency. It is not casual to operate an airplane.

My Dad, now 85, was a flight instructor. I've been in many, many General Aviation facilities.

There is nothing casual about airport operations.

JMHExperience

JMO

CB was distancing herself from her brother with her statements.

okay let me restate...documentary based on the lives of real people.

I’m enjoying the memes on Facebook about this show.
I’m not trying to be obnoxious, but it’s the use of the words “based on” that I feel are misleading. It’s not anything “based on” anything. It’s actual recorded footage of real people doing real things. No re-enactments. No actors. No scripts.

I may just be misinterpreting your use of the words but I want to make sure that others understand it’s real. Because it’s seriously crazy enough to seem completely made up!!!

Exactly, I saw the same thing. She laughs and looks up and to the right (I think it's the right, maybe it's to the left), whenever confronted with questions about her guilt/innocence. She does it over and over. I don't believe that's a coincidence.

She actually looks up and to the left, which according to body language studies means you are tapping your memory and "telling the truth". But it's not exactly like that. Liars can be looking up and to the left and not be telling the truth... they are just revisiting the lie they fabricated, tapping their memory to keep up with it.

No wonder the lawyer told her to not take the polygraph... She would have put a lot of people in a bad position.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back