Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 523C2917-FAF9-4D30-B790-2E2BBF334CAE.jpeg
    523C2917-FAF9-4D30-B790-2E2BBF334CAE.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 8
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241769856.html

11,500. 200 deaths.

This is significant

"The state’s total of 11,545 confirmed cases translates to a 10.8% positive rate of the 107,313 total tests undertaken.".

I still think that this is an under count.

IHME | COVID-19 Projections

The projection for Florida is to hit the surge on May 4. With 175 deaths on that date.

I will say, that I believe Florida will hit faster, and accelerate, more than the model.

Last edited:
2 Florida officers die from coronavirus as cases top 11,000

The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Sgt. Jose Diaz Ayala, 38, died Saturday. He had underlying health issues, the department said in a news release. He worked at the department for 14 years and was assigned to its corrections division.

Earlier Saturday, Broward County Sheriff Gregory Tony announced that Deputy Shannon Bennett, 39, had died from the disease. Bennett, who died Friday night, was a 12-year veteran of the agency.

The sheriff said Bennett had worked most recently as a resource officer at Deerfield Beach Elementary School. Bennett called in sick March 23, checked into the hospital that same day and tested positive for coronavirus March 27.

Bennett was one of 21 deputies, firefighters and civilian employees of the Broward Sheriff's Office who have tested positive for coronavirus, Tony added. Most are self-isolated at home.

The deputy's death comes as the total number of positive coronavirus cases topped 11,000 in Florida with at least 191 deaths as of Saturday, according to statistics collected by the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.

Rest in Peace (Thank you for your service and dedication)

I’m sure this is temporary but what a toll this is taking on everyone. No doubt across the country, each hospital is undergoing the same pain.

Coronavirus Florida: Sarasota Memorial Hospital furloughs staff after $16 million decline

After the governor’s executive order, surgeries fell by 50% at Sarasota Memorial, and the number of inpatients fell by 30%.

“Meanwhile, volumes decreased by 45% in SMH’s two Emergency Care Centers, and by 66% at its seven Urgent Care Centers,” the hospital said in a news release.

Sarasota Memorial also instituted a hiring freeze, cut pay for senior administrators and temporarily suspended “any patient services and projects that are not critical at this time.”

12,151 cases
11,764 positive residents
1,490 in hospital
218 deaths

ArcGIS Dashboards
(This link also has county results. Click on county for info)

ETA:
The Tampa area has been increasing.

My elderly FIL in the country outside of Gainesville now has 8 cases, so it is spreading into rural areas. He is at home with care about 3 hrs from us...we usually go up there to see him, but can’t now.

Last edited:
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241782286.html

Broward and Palm Beach counties accounted for almost the entire rise in Florida’s death toll in a Sunday morning state update on the coronavirus pandemic.

Florida Department of Health COVID-19 dashboard figures showed another 606 confirmed cases were added overnight, bringing the state total to 12,151, and another 23 deaths, bringing the state total to 218. Of those deaths, 22 were in Palm Beach (14) and Broward (eight).

If you are experiencing the symptoms of COVID-19 please contact the COVID-19 Hotline: 1(866)779-6121 before visiting your healthcare provider to prevent the spread of this virus. BY FLORIDA HEALTH

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241793806.html

Florida’s Department of Health on Monday morning confirmed 974 additional cases of COVID-19, bringing the state total of confirmed cases to 13,324. There were 15 new deaths reported, bringing the statewide total to 236.

Information about the deaths were not immediately available.

Of the total confirmed cases statewide, 12,925 are Florida residents and 399 are non-Florida residents who were diagnosed or isolated in the state. There are 1,592 people hospitalized in the state.

More @ MSM link
Stay safe

Yeah, I was just checking that. Don’t think that massive testing is going on either.
I don’t think they’ll do mass testing here, or anywhere. Too many medically fragile people here in FL and I’m guessing, they don’t want to “waste” a test on them. Now when round 2 hits us, maybe later this year, they may have rapid tests available and test more patients. Sadly, I predict we will lose a lot of people in FL. JMO

13,629 cases
13,214 positive residents
1,719 in hospital
254 deaths

ArcGIS Dashboards
(This link also has county results. Click on county for info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member