Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I think that’s a very real possibility. She got rid of it for a reason, possibly to sell the runaway story.

She might have tossed it in the suitcase with him.

The other possibility is that she did think it could be tracked (she struggles with reading comprehension), so she may have gotten rid of it if she was concerned about her movements being discovered on the day she and Gannon took that drive.

Then again, she had to get rid of that bedding, so she could have disposed of the Switch at the same time.

According to the AA, she did a google search at 12:57 pm on Tuesday: searched “can Nintendo find my switch.” LE says they believe she did so while thinking of how to dispose of the switch. Keep in mind, they believe she didn't dispose of his body until 7 hours or so later. They said they - LE - did the same search and found that the switch doesn’t come with tracking ability. So the question is, was she trying to decide whether or not to leave the switch with him when she dumps him later that night or had she already murdered him and left him along Hwy 105 area and was wondering if she needed to go back there and retrieve it?

According to the AA, she did a google search at 12:57 pm on Tuesday: searched “can Nintendo find my switch.” LE says they believe she did so while thinking of how to dispose of the switch. Keep in mind, they believe she didn't dispose of his body until 7 hours or so later. They said they - LE - did the same search and found that the switch doesn’t come with tracking ability. So the question is, was she trying to decide whether or not to leave the switch with him when she dumps him later that night or had she already murdered him and left him along Hwy 105 area and was wondering if she needed to go back there and retrieve it?
So that would all come down to which narrative one believes:

That he was killed in his room, as the affidavit says.

Or that she killed him during their trip that morning, and he never made it home.

I’m still leaning strongly towards the former, as the affidavit sells it pretty well (blood evidence in his room, and blood on the garage floor and bumper (from her loading him into the trunk).

5:13 PM

Sunday, January 26, 2020 (MST)
Sunset in Colorado Springs, CO

The hike the evening before will play a part in this. It’s not a habit of hers to hike, much less bring 2 or 3 kids along 1.5 hours before sundown when the low temp was 27. There are no SM postings of her ever hiking except the evening before he died and 1 or 2 years prior HH posted a hiking pic.

“I saw boy and stepmom standing together on cliff at 3:30.” Says man in blue coat nearby.

This makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was Sunday afternoon, before the supposed candle incident, or any abuse we've theorized she was trying to cover up.

Alternative theory: Maybe she'd been thinking of killing Gannon for a few days. Could it be she'd been fantasizing about it, making dry runs, and the 4 hour trip in the truck was just another dry run?

Gannon had been up a lot the night of Saturday the 25th with stomach issues. She was likely resentful that she was the one tending to him in the night, cleaning up accidents, instead of LH or AS. It's possible that was the night she made up her mind to really go through with it. The next day was the unusual GoG hike. It's easy to imagine if she had found that one moment where nobody would see, Gannon might have tripped. But she never find the right spot/moment.

Anddddd that's why she took it to begin with. She knew her car would track her (or at least she googled that).
And why she locked her phone and left it at home.
And why she hid GS's phone for 2 hours.
She didn't Google search "car net Volkswagon" until the 28th, so I don't necessarily think she knew her Tiguan could be tracked back on the 27th. Could be she took the truck for some other reason. Maybe in her "dry run" fantasy/plan she thought she might have to go off-road to find somewhere secluded enough to do the deed. But again, she never found the right spot/moment.

Until they got home, he crawled into bed, and maybe said something innocent that pushed her over the edge, like "I want my mom." :(

Just my speculation.

Last edited:
I've been looking for that screenshot for days!! If you find it please post. That was from Sunday night, IIRC the screenshots were before midnight? Per the AA, she's googling from 12:09 am to 1:03 am Monday; my son burned the carpet, humidifier, kid staying home from school.

I just can't let go of the feeling she hurt him badly that night, and things were going on that we don't know about yet.

Best I could do is this posters refetence to the news station that briefly showed the cropped sunday night stills.

Found Deceased - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #3

Last edited:
I’m still leaning strongly towards the former, as the affidavit sells it pretty well (blood evidence in his room, and blood on the garage floor and bumper (from her loading him into the trunk).

I'm still trying to figure it out as well, but have trouble with there being no blood in the trunk. I lean toward her committing the murder during the time unaccounted for in the morning, and tend to think they made that case for the murder taking place in the house in the AA because they had no body. But, I can see it both ways....

I'm still trying to figure it out as well, but have trouble with there being no blood in the trunk. I lean toward her committing the murder during the time unaccounted for in the morning, and tend to think they made that case for the murder taking place in the house in the AA because they had no body. But, I can see it both ways....
I think there was no blood in the trunk because he was placed inside a suitcase, on top of a board.

The neighbor’s surveillance video shows her car in the driveway (if I’m looking at it right), and it’s parked facing the garage. I imagine it also has her on video backing into the garage before she called 911. I agree with the reasoning that it was likely done to put his body inside.

CF63495B-729E-4261-9C5C-23B1DF7F5387.jpeg

I've been looking for that screenshot for days!! If you find it please post. That was from Sunday night, IIRC the screenshots were before midnight? Per the AA, she's googling from 12:09 am to 1:03 am Monday; my son burned the carpet, humidifier, kid staying home from school.

I just can't let go of the feeling she hurt him badly that night, and things were going on that we don't know about yet.

I don't have the screenshots, but they're from RD scrolling though his video while he was being interviewed. It's about 8-9 seconds in, I think.

Video: Surveillance video shows stepmom with Colorado boy before he went missing

So that would all come down to which narrative one believes:

That he was killed in his room, as the affidavit says.

Or that she killed him during their trip that morning, and he never made it home.

It’s hard to argue blood evidence IMO

This makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That was Sunday afternoon, before the supposed candle incident, or any abuse we've theorized she was trying to cover up.

Alternative theory: Maybe she'd been thinking of killing Gannon for a few days. Could it be she'd been fantasizing about it, making dry runs, and the 4 hour trip in the truck was just another dry run?

Just my speculation.

Yes. And another thing that struck me that may have been the tipping point: AS decided to spend the night in Dallas before flying out to OK. Maybe it’s bc his mother was also flying out or whatever, still it seems weird considering Denver is not that far from Colorado Springs. Whenever I have family flying out of airport at different times, we make multiple runs, even if the flights are just a few hours apart. No one stays out at the airport hotel.

Do you think the board it was placed on was the particle board they found? With the blood on it?
Yes. That’s the best explanation I can come up with for her dumping it.

It would explain the lack of blood in the trunk, and also explain why she felt the need to get rid of it.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I actually don't think she was abusive to the kids prior to this event. I know that's not the commonly held opinion, especially considering her past record. I think she was just the opposite: too lenient and permissive with them. I think AS was becoming concerned about that and attempting, like a good father would, to get her to be more strict. From what we've seen of her texts and things she's said, he was the one who knew who Gannon's friends were, he was the one who said no to staying overnight at friends' houses, he said no to playing at least the Zelda game. I think as Gannon approached becoming a teenager, AS grew more concerned that LS, who seems very immature and all about having fun and doing fun things, wasn't being the kind of involved and watchful mother he wanted her to be. I think as he became more aware of how childish she is, he turned off to her. I think that caused her to become increasingly frustrated and angry, and increasingly insecure and defensive. A scenario where she's trying to be more disciplining and Gannon is not responding to that, all the while she's feeling angry, resentful, and insecure - that's a primer for a violent outburst.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s hard to argue blood evidence IMO
Yeah, it’s the splatter that all but convinces me.

When you draw blood like that, you’re talking about an extreme event. When the victim is a young boy, it’s even more serious.

50 drops of blood, covering two walls (from what I can see in that photo in the affidavit).

Wonder why after she was so careful to get two untracked hours in the truck on Monday she then drove to 105 in the Tiguan and the rented Altima.
Because she’s as dumb as she is evil. I don’t think she had much of a choice with the first trip, and likely didn’t believe she could have been tracked the second time.

She had to dump his body, and possibly realized that the first trip would be discovered. That necessitated the return trip, and removing his body.

The walls were closing in, and she was desperate.

Attachments

• 9DA52683-5C7E-49C4-B5DD-10F471CC0F6F.jpeg
    9DA52683-5C7E-49C4-B5DD-10F471CC0F6F.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 85

I think she saw that it (Switch/Nintendo) couldn’t track location, but she still needed it “gone” to pull off her runaway story. “See, he must’ve runaway because he took his most prized possession with him.” (MOO)

From Timeline. 10:16 a.m.
Neighbor surveillance video shows Nissan Frontier with Letecia and presumably Gannon leave the residence, Letecia leaves cellphone at home (locked between 9: 56 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.)

Wow, 20 minutes. What was she doing for 20 mins before they pulled away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member