Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
WARNING: HUMOR (A friend sent this to us; I hope no one is offended by it.)

• Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks. The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
• I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe.
• I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
• Still haven't decided where to go for Easter ----- The Living Room or TheBedroom
• PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
• Homeschooling is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1 teacher fired for drinking on the job.
• I don't think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we'd go from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
• This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog..... we laughed a lot.
• So, after this quarantine.....will the producers of My 600 Pound Life just find me or do I find them?
• Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
• My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
• Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
• I'm so excited --- it's time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
• I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda. I'm getting tired of Los Livingroom.
• Classified Ad: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
• Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said "I hope I don't have the same teacher next year".... I'm offended.
• Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under

^ This deserves a second read!

This article is from over two weeks ago, on March 24.
Update April 9:See Which States and Cities Have Told Residents to Stay at Home
Same mandate in effect, plus various cities have applied this to all residents.
Gov. Kevin Stitt has told older and vulnerable people across Oklahoma to stay home, but mayors in the state's major cities, including Oklahoma City, Tulsa and Norman, ordered all residents to do so. "We want to leave no doubt," Mayor David Holt of Oklahoma City said. "The safest course of action during this public health crisis is to stay home."

OMG, your neighbor lost his wife. That is heartbreaking. Now, he struggles with guilt. I am so worried about family members thinking they're being careful enough.

Me too, same as you...COPD. We can not catch this devil virus. West Coast here, your building has more stories. Do you have to use a laundry room? I know I was stocking up way before my neighbors, and telling people on the elevator in the building that it was possible we weren't going to be able to go out. They laughed at the thought. There's many here that still don't think they could get the virus. I'm so sorry he lost his wife. Take care dear.
I have COPD also. I'm not optimistic I would survive if I was infected. I did have a pneumonia shot last year. I've read that the virus can permanently damage your lungs.

^ This deserves a second read!

Those were hysterical. :)

I especially like this one which I was previously guilty of.

" I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune. Now I turn it like I'm cracking a safe."

At least I learned years ago there was a right way to put it on the spool. LOL Who would have thunk there was a right way or wrong way until you realize that if you make it go over the top and out, instead of straight down and out, then it doesn't fly off the roll nearly as fast. LOL

In most of the US, if you allow cat outside, they are facing a lot of dangers such as being run over by a car (cars are everywhere). Maybe it's different in UK.

yes there's far too many dangers, from cars to predators to diseases to psychopaths who hurt and murder animals
we domesticated cats so we have a responsibility to keep them safe
either inside or on a harness/leash or in a 'catio'
JMO

“On Thursday, Rep. Joe Neguse, D-Colo., led a letter along with other Democrats who are part of Colorado’s congressional delegation to Vice President Mike Pence calling for more transparency in the FEMA supply chain process so the state can get the supplies it needs to try to stave off the system overload when the peak occurs.

“We appreciate FEMA’s recent award of $16.7 million to the state of Colorado for the purposes of purchasing critical supplies. However, more needs to be done to facilitate strong coordination between FEMA and state governments to ensure these funds are used effectively,” the letter said. “We understand that our current circumstances are extraordinary. They demand a commitment to addressing local needs more rapidly than ever before. Put simply, lives depend on it. As we continue to battle this pandemic, our success relies on strong communication and transparency between all levels of government.””

Colorado's COVID-19 incident commander says officials believe peak pushed off to May

Positive energy and strong leadership from Dr. Tedros as always...I just started watching the April 6 WHO briefing and Doc T just said something I totally wasn’t expecting, LOL:

BBM:

“Good morning, good afternoon and good evening.

The COVID-19 pandemic continues to take a heavy toll on families, communities and nations the world over.

But it’s also giving rise to incredible acts of generosity, solidarity and cooperation.

We have said consistently that we’re all in this together, and we can only succeed together. We need an all-of-society approach, with everyone playing their part.

That includes people in the entertainment industry.

Today I’m delighted to be joined by one of the biggest names in entertainment in the world - Lady Gaga, and by my friend Hugh Evans, the founder and CEO of Global Citizen.”

:D

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 6 April 2020

Last edited:
I'd prefer not to be killed by a drug that would only complicate underlying heart conditions I have. So there can be no blanket use. Doctors are using it - but it's not for everyone.

It's no panacea.
Nothing has changed. That decision rests with doctors and their patients and/or their patient's families.

JMO

Every time I turn around this subject hits me in the face. I'm actually sick of talking about it, so I'm sorry. I'm certainly not in the medical field, but just happen to be watching this Pandemic hurt us all. Which drugs will work? I say let's wait and see what will stop this devil CV-19.

This isn't the only thread where many different anti malarial drugs were discussed. Some of you may remember a young lady jumping from a small plane over Madagascar? Her parents suspected it could've been the anti malarial drugs she had to take before being on school job assignment over there, but it wasn't Hydroxychloroquine.
Here's the thread: Madagascar - Alana Cutland, 19, Jumps to Death from Airplane. Malaria Drug Psychosis. 25 July 2019

I do realize how dangerous it can be to give a patient the wrong medication for them. I do look to the medical research and studies, and respect the medical community. I rarely believe everything I'm told. So, I knew when I listened to what he said I knew some was not fact and not true. MOO, I think it would've been best to let Dr. Fauci do the medical talking. I'm actually sick of this subject. It's become just so controversial, all over the news, unnecessary, and somehow political.

Trump’s Faulty Malaria-Coronavirus Connection

Fact Check
Trump’s Faulty Malaria-Coronavirus Connection

"There’s little reason, however, to think that’s because of chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine, for the simple fact that few people in malaria-prone countries are taking the drugs."

"Chloroquine was once the go-to drug for malaria treatment in Africa, Taylor explained, but is no longer because the malaria parasite evolved and developed resistance to the drug. Hydroxychloroquine, which is a slightly modified version of chloroquine that is generally considered to be safer, suffers from the same problem; Taylor said it never has been a first-line malaria treatment in Africa."

I’d just like to ask if it would be possible to start a thread for those of us who have loved ones that are on the front lines?.
To chat, give ideas and support and possibly any news updates?
Thank You.

Some quick notes for reference, in Apr 3 PC (iirc), Dr. Maria expresses WHO’s interest in why younger people are dying, 30s, 40s, 50s, some with no underlying health conditions, and confirms this is a current area of their study.

—-

Eta / bringing forward concert information

Apr 6 / PC / Lady Gaga (She speaks in the beginning. Impressive imo ::) )

“WHO has been working with Global Citizen for several weeks on the “Together at Home” concert series, with artists like Chris Martin and John Legend giving free online performances.

Now we’re working with Lady Gaga and Global Citizen to take this concept and make it even bigger, through the “One World: Together at Home” virtual global special on Saturday, the 18th of April.

It’s now my great pleasure to invite Lady Gaga and Hugh Evans to say more about this very special event.

[LADY GAGA AND HUGH EVANS ADDRESSED THE PRESS CONFERENCE]”

WHO Director-General's opening remarks at the media briefing on COVID-19 - 6 April 2020

Concert information:

Lady Gaga Announces Her COVID-19 Benefit Concert in Appropriately Pared-Back Style

Lady Gaga is doing her part to combat the COVID-19 crisis. Speaking live via video conference call from her home in Los Angeles yesterday evening, the pop star shared news of her upcoming benefit concert with Global Citizen on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Set to air on April 18, One World: Together at Home boasts a star-studded lineup, including Elton John, Maluma, Lizzo, Billie Eilish, and Stevie Wonder. If that wasn’t enough cause for excitement, all proceeds will go to the World Health Organization supporting the medical workers risking their lives to treat patients infected with the virus. In addition to TV appearances, Gaga held a special WHO press conference to spread the word.”

—-

“Curated by Lady Gaga, the festival promises performances from Paul McCartney, Stevie Wonder, Billie Eilish and Lizzo, as well as appearances from non-musicians like David Beckham. In addition to boasting one of the flashiest lineups of the hundreds of live streamed concerts that have been organized over the past several weeks, the Global Citizen event also will be one of the most widely available. In a press release, Global Citizen writes that the stream will be broadcast on all the major American television networks as well as virtually every social media platform.”

Global Citizen And WHO Announce 'One World,' A Lady Gaga-Curated Concert Special

—-

Gaga announces concert to recognise health workers

“Gaga, along with the group Global Citizen, has already raised $35m (£28m) for the World Health Organisation.

The funds will buy protective equipment for health workers and support efforts to develop drugs and vaccines.

Gaga also announced she had co-curated a concert to recognise health workers' efforts in fighting Covid-19.

One World: Together at Home, which will also feature Sir Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder, will be live-streamed in the US and screened on BBC One in the UK.”

[...]

"My heart is very achy and warm for those who are ER doctors as well as nurses who are sleeping in cars to make sure they don’t infect their families or their patients," said the singer, whose real name is Stefani Germanotta.

"What you are doing is putting yourself in harm’s way to help the world and we all salute you."

She continued: "What’s very important is three things happening for all of us. That we celebrate and we highlight the singular kind global community that is arising right now.

"Two, we want to highlight the gravity of this historical, unprecedented cultural movement. And three, we want to celebrate and encourage the power of the human spirit."”

Also, Andrea Bocelli will perform/stream on his YouTube channel at the Duomo di Milano, the cathedral of Milan, on Easter Sunday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member