KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

This is a must read for anyone interested in the 5 unsolved murders in Bardstown; Jason Ellis, Kathy Netherland, Samantha Netherland, Crystal Rogers and Tommy Ballard. Get a drink and settle in as it is a long read but very interesting and contains a lot a good pictures and court records.

CHAPTER ONE
The Most Beautiful Small Town in America
Bardstown is like a lot of small, tight-knit communities all across the country. It’s beautiful and bucolic. It is about family. It’s home.

This is a southern story.

It is also a tale of a community crippled by fear and violence and one with buried secrets - where towns folk sometimes whisper about who might be to blame.

Who’s responsible for killing a cop, a mother and daughter, a young mother and then her father? Could the cases be connected? Should the residents in the most beautiful small town be afraid? And if so, of what?

What’s going on in Bardstown?

Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.com

Another new year and we still wait for justice for Kathy and Samantha.

Bumping an older article since there’s no “new” news. Some sections BBM. Family: Netherland legacies about more than their tragic final moments | KYStandard.com

The Kentucky State Police have been the investigating agency from the very beginning, and quickly concluded the Netherlands had been killed the night prior, on a Monday. By Wednesday, detectives were asking if anyone in the family knew someone who drove a black Chevy Impala. By Friday, they were circulating video surveillance of a car they believed the killer or killers had used.

It seemed like a promising lead. But while multiple cameras recorded the car, none showed a license plate, and the best detectives could determine was that it was about a 2010 model of one of the highest-selling cars in the region.

“Whoever killed those ladies is in that car, whether they were driving or a passenger,” Trooper Jeremy Thompson, an investigator assigned to KSP Post 4 at the time, said about one month after the crime. “We need to find that car.”

At the press conference last week, KSP were still asking for help finding the car, which they think might still have some physical evidence tied to the crime or at least lead them to the owner. It seems it is still the best lead after five years.

The lack of any other physical evidence — at least any that has been publicly acknowledged, because police are not saying much — has been frustrating.

“It’s amazing how they died in a terrible, horrible manner. Not a death where there was no physical touching or engaging. It’s so amazing that whoever did it didn’t really leave anything behind,” Hibbard said. “That is startling to think someone could commit a crime in broad daylight on a busy highway with houses within a stone’s throw and essentially get on and off the property and no good trail left behind.”

I really hope there's something new soon, this is a heartbreaking case. I do wonder about the no forced entry point somebody mentioned. But I guess the mother could have opened the door and they just stepped in forcibly. Very risky in broad daylight, which gives me the idea that they must of 'fit it' for nobody to see anything out of the ordinary.

I really hope there's something new soon, this is a heartbreaking case. I do wonder about the no forced entry point somebody mentioned. But I guess the mother could have opened the door and they just stepped in forcibly. Very risky in broad daylight, which gives me the idea that they must of 'fit it' for nobody to see anything out of the ordinary.

I think they were very lucky. I feel like mom knew them and didn't think twice about opening the door. MOO

From de Cristal Rogers Task Force:

… both Kathy and Samantha had been tied up, tortured, and brutally murdered. Kathy had suffered both knife and bullet wounds; Samantha had been stabbed, and her throat was cut.

I think it is the first time that it has been said from an official source that both were tied up. I do not know if it is reliable information, because it was not mentioned that Samantha suffered blows to the head, as a relative seem to imply.

There has always been very little information on this case

… both Kathy and Samantha had been tied up, tortured, and brutally murdered. Kathy had suffered both knife and bullet wounds; Samantha had been stabbed, and her throat was cut.

I think it is the first time that it has been said from an official source that both were tied up. I do not know if it is reliable information, because it was not mentioned that Samantha suffered blows to the head, as a relative seem to imply.

Are you able to watch the Oxygen Crystal Rogers show? It touches on all of the Bardstown murders and I’m sure you would be interested in some of the information. I assume you are aware that 150 Federal and State FBI descended on Bardstown armed with 9 federal search warrants? They’re still there and have been all weekend. Please lmk if you need links to websites and or the FBI Crystal Rogers task force and we will figure a way to get them to you.

Yeh I think the very first tine I ever heard them actually address it was on the oxygen series. Up until then, I don’t think anyone ever verified it. It was just kind of out there floating around but nobody knew whether it was true or not

If it is true that both women were tied up before being killed, it certainly narrows down what might have happened. This information, although coming from an official source, may be wrong. I have have been skeptical of the torture allegation as well but that is a little more subjective. An overkill beating might be regarded as torture.

If this was a simple double murder where the objective was to be sure both women were dead, there would have been no need to tie them up (or torture them for that matter). Since there was no indication of any sexual element to the crime, the only reason, I can see, to tie up and possibly torture would be to force them to reveal information: ATM PIN, home safe combination or location of a Drug Stash.

There has been no indication that any attempt was made to access either of the women’s accounts nor was there any reason to believe anything existed that would lead to such a motive. There was probably a Life Insurance payout on the deceased husband/father that could have been a motive but there is no known reason to believe anyone with ties to the family would be inclined to such an action.

Mistakes are made however. Just as police can stage a drug raid at the wrong address, criminals can do a home invasion at the wrong address. People who are involved in illegal activity are often, themselves, victims of that sort of crime. I wonder if there were neighbors of the Netherlands who were involved in Drug dealing or other cash based illegal activity.

If it is true that both women were tied up before being killed, it certainly narrows down what might have happened. This information, although coming from an official source, may be wrong. I have have been skeptical of the torture allegation as well but that is a little more subjective. An overkill beating might be regarded as torture.

If this was a simple double murder where the objective was to be sure both women were dead, there would have been no need to tie them up (or torture them for that matter). Since there was no indication of any sexual element to the crime, the only reason, I can see, to tie up and possibly torture would be to force them to reveal information: ATM PIN, home safe combination or location of a Drug Stash.

There has been no indication that any attempt was made to access either of the women’s accounts nor was there any reason to believe anything existed that would lead to such a motive. There was probably a Life Insurance payout on the deceased husband/father that could have been a motive but there is no known reason to believe anyone with ties to the family would be inclined to such an action.

Mistakes are made however. Just as police can stage a drug raid at the wrong address, criminals can do a home invasion at the wrong address. People who are involved in illegal activity are often, themselves, victims of that sort of crime. I wonder if there were neighbors of the Netherlands who were involved in Drug dealing or other cash based illegal activity.

Ive always wondered if it was maybe a case of mistaken identity...like someone got the wrong house. Then I go back and think about how it reads as if Samantha was the target. She was bludgeoned to death and that feels personal. I really think they knew their killer(s).

Snips:
THREAT: Information received indicates that YNO wants to beat up Anthony Allen (the man acquitted for the stabbing death of Offutt), and they are specifically targeting Allen's daughter ("Anitra" according to media reports). Rumor on the street is that YNO members want to kill Allen's daughter. Additionally, there have been rumblings about YNO members planning on "going deep" (showing up in large numbers) at the upcoming Derby Parade. Specific plans for acts of violence or other criminal activity by YNO at the parade are currently unknown.
When YNO was first organized, "initiation" for new members consisted of taking 10 "blows to the chest." Now, new members are required to assault someone (additional details about what is meant by "assault" or the required severity of the assault are unknown). Targets of this assault may be random, but are not always (a current YNO member allegedly locked is 9 year old little brother out of the house so that a YNO probate could assault the 9 year old as part of the probate's YNO initiation).
YNO members are "armed in a major way." There is apparently a "gun train" that comes through the West End (specific location unknown) and stops for a couple hours every Sunday night (the reason for this stop is unknown). This train is legitimately transporting firearms from suppliers to retailers to be sold. The train is apparently heavily guarded by armed individuals, but YNO members have figured out how to sneak onto the train and steal guns. Bbm because the murders coincidentally took place on a Monday.
FBI, Louisville police address youth gang memo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen