KY KY - Kathy, 48, & Samantha Netherland, 16, Botland, 21 Apr 2014

We know a gun was used in Jason, Tommy, Kathy and likely Crystal’s murders. Do we know if Kathy was killed by a rifle or pistol? A hunter would have access to knives, guns and coveralls/boots. Maybe disrobe once outside the house or inside the car trash bag it and be on your way. I am not buying this was a case of mistaken identity. GPS and social media offer many ways to identify and track people. Anyone bringing a cell phone jammer to this crime knew exactly what they were doing. It has been reported that Nick Houck was previously reprimanded for some bad choices while working as a Bardstown cop. Failing to render aid, failure to issue citations and I can’t recall what else. Could Kathy and/or Samantha have filed a complaint regarding some situation with Nick while on duty? I also kinda like the guy turning on Brooks Houck for this crime. Someone possibly paid him to murder the ladies but why? He has quite the criminal history and IMO would be perfectly capable of committing two crimes of this nature. Thoughts?

Very interesting points/theories! I'm going to be mulling these over.

As far as I can tell, the type of gun used to kill Kathy Netherland has not been disclosed. The type of gun used to kill Tommy Ballard has not been officially disclosed but Law enforcement has in their procession a “rife that is of the same caliber” as the one used to kill Tommy. They believe it is the gun that killed Tommy but ballistic tests have been “indeterminate”. That rifle was purchased from Nick Houck by an undercover office. Nick was using a false name when he sold the gun. Jason Ellis was shot by two different 12 gauge shotguns so different guns were used in the Ellis and Ballard murders.

Apparently an anonymous prison inmate told a reporter from Oxygen TV that it was a gang initiation, a cell phone jammer was used, both women were tied to chairs and both women were tortured. None of that has been confirmed by Law Enforcement. Accounts of the death certificates, which were made public, do not mention signs of torture. The credibility of this inmate is highly questionable.

As far as I can tell, the type of gun used to kill Kathy Netherland has not been disclosed. The type of gun used to kill Tommy Ballard has not been officially disclosed but Law enforcement has in their procession a “rife that is of the same caliber” as the one used to kill Tommy. They believe it is the gun that killed Tommy but ballistic tests have been “indeterminate”. That rifle was purchased from Nick Houck by an undercover office. Nick was using a false name when he sold the gun. Jason Ellis was shot by two different 12 gauge shotguns so different guns were used in the Ellis and Ballard murders.

Apparently an anonymous prison inmate told a reporter from Oxygen TV that it was a gang initiation, a cell phone jammer was used, both women were tied to chairs and both women were tortured. None of that has been confirmed by Law Enforcement. Accounts of the death certificates, which were made public, do not mention signs of torture. The credibility of this inmate is highly questionable.
You are exactly right concerning the information coming from the inmate. Inmates are notoriously unreliable and often provide information to LE in hopes of receiving an early release or other favors. A great example of this is the Brtittney Drexel case. An inmate in the SC Prison fabricated a story that another inmate who he hated had told him that he was involved in Brittney's murder and was present when her body was disposed of. Sadly, the FBI Agent involved in the investigation ran with the inmate's story and made it public. Later, it was learned that the inmate accused of the murder had nothing to do with the killing and someone else was eventually charged with the murder after he tole LE where Brittney's body was buried. What a lot of people don't understand is inmates have access to news reports thru television & newspapers and conspire with other inmates on their stories. LE is aware of the "games" inmates play and while they listen to their stories, they tend to take everything they say with a grain of salt.

Wow. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why Kathy and Samantha's family has not been front and center clamoring the way the other families were. Maybe this is the answer. In listening to the Bardstown podcast the difference was so noticeable. Beyond Bardstown: Lacombe | Bardstown Podcast | bardstownpodcast.
The vehicle in Grayson has tinted windows and may not be related at all. Either way, it peaked my interest given the location. This property is located on or next to a family members residence. The image was captured via GoogleMaps in Sept 2021. I find it hard to believe it would be right there out in the open 7 years after the fact, but you never know.

The vehicle in Grayson has tinted windows and may not be related at all. Either way, it peaked my interest given the location. This property is located on or next to a family members residence. The image was captured via GoogleMaps in Sept 2021. I find it hard to believe it would be right there out in the open 7 years after the fact, but you never know.
Curious whether you have phoned in a tip? Might be helpful. IIRC LE stated that the Impala would have had enormous amounts of blood based on the crime scene. I know they looked into several Imapalas in the area but they may have missed this particular one too.

I'm new to this case and way behind. Did they rule out the dark colored ford truck with the trailer?
I don’t remember that particular vehicle but from the beginning LE said they believe that Impala holds the answer to the murders. I am currently listening to the podcast and LE said they know the Impala headed toward the BG parkway but beyond that they don’t know where it went.
EBM can you share more details about the Ford truck and trailer?

I don’t remember that particular vehicle but from the beginning LE said they believe that Impala holds the answer to the murders. I am currently listening to the podcast and LE said they know the Impala headed toward the BG parkway but beyond that they don’t know where it went.
EBM can you share more details about the Ford truck and trailer?
I just edited my post. It wasn't a dark ford it was a red ford. Here is the OP

by chance, is this specifically 40 Fairview Hill, Grayson KY - Parcel 114-10-00-034.00 ?
I haven't reviewed the property records but I do believe that is correct. I was attempting to look at 17* Hilltop Rd. in Grayson via Street view looking East from Hitchens Rd.. It may be the neighboring property just West of 17* Hilltop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back