Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
I'm not quite sure, if he still feels safe. Maybe, he is studying the lineup for US-extradition agreements already.

Maybe instead of the Monon High Bridge, he'd better familiarize himself with the Bridge of Spies, lol?

(Just a joke because I liked the wordplay. I think the secret that Libby could have found was of another sort. Yesterday I thought about 2017, all its tribulations and unrests, and thought, there are several potential motives).

Good episode on Delphi in the True Crime Garage Podcast just came out. I’m almost finished listening to it now. No new information obviously, but is a good summary for newbies and also discusses some rumors that have been online on other forums. Might be worth checking out for those not as familiar with the case! JMO

I have no clue as to the killer's identity. I live many states away from Delphi although also a rural area. I have followed this case from close to the beginning. I read here every day but seldom post as I have nothing to offer but my opinion. There are many posters who are far more informed than me. What I do have is a belief based on what I read and hear that LE know who this killer is. Is he a bum? A transient serial killer? A family man? A community personsality? I have read good debates about all the above listed types of people. I think LE knows and that he is on a short leash. I hope everywhere he goes he sees a law enforcement officer. Look out the window of his house and sees an officer in a car watching his house. Go to the post office to mail a letter and there is an LE checking his own mail. Shopping at a local grocery store and the chief of police walks by and stops to exchange pleasantries. Making him sweat. Sometimes LE does, in fact, know who did it and cannot make the case. There are two examples from my little corner of the world. In the 1990s, a girl was shot and killed on the dirt road going to her home. This was in a county next to mine. There was a suspect within a few days and still is one. A sheriff's office detective who is related to a good friend of mine told us several years later that he makes it a point to go into this killer's place of business on a weekly basis just to let him know LE hasn't forgotten. It has been more than 20 years since the murder. My friend's sheriff department relative is dead now. The local and regional newspapers do big articles on the anniversary of her death each year. Hiding in plain sight. Another example from my county. A local man was beaten, tied to his bed, and his mobile home was set on fire. He did manage to drag his burned body outside before he died. Killer known? In certain social circles and to LE? Yes. Enough evidence to convict? No. I just believe that LE investigating Abby and Libby's murders are pulling that leash tighter every day. Did LE make mistakes? Yes, they admitted that is so in their April 2019 press conference.

Quoted bbm. I agree.

I also believe that is why they haven't shown any re-enactments of what happened that day when they have had the opportunity to publicize the case.

JMO

Maybe it is also too horrible to process. I would not be surprised if some details will never be known, otherwise there might be the risk of copycat behaviors, like it often happens with sensational, glamorized cases.

I keep sharing and researching information about the case. Abby &Libby families deserve Justice to be served . There are many different theroys about BG. If I could see the evidence that officials have! The Family and loved ones deserve some justice and closer

I have no clue as to the killer's identity. I live many states away from Delphi although also a rural area. I have followed this case from close to the beginning. I read here every day but seldom post as I have nothing to offer but my opinion. There are many posters who are far more informed than me. What I do have is a belief based on what I read and hear that LE know who this killer is. Is he a bum? A transient serial killer? A family man? A community personsality? I have read good debates about all the above listed types of people. I think LE knows and that he is on a short leash.

I always add two young local males, relatives, to the list. Who could have grown up and physically changed during these two years.

I have no clue as to the killer's identity. I live many states away from Delphi although also a rural area. I have followed this case from close to the beginning. I read here every day but seldom post as I have nothing to offer but my opinion. There are many posters who are far more informed than me. What I do have is a belief based on what I read and hear that LE know who this killer is. Is he a bum? A transient serial killer? A family man? A community personsality? I have read good debates about all the above listed types of people. I think LE knows and that he is on a short leash. I hope everywhere he goes he sees a law enforcement officer. Look out the window of his house and sees an officer in a car watching his house. Go to the post office to mail a letter and there is an LE checking his own mail. Shopping at a local grocery store and the chief of police walks by and stops to exchange pleasantries. Making him sweat. Sometimes LE does, in fact, know who did it and cannot make the case. There are two examples from my little corner of the world. In the 1990s, a girl was shot and killed on the dirt road going to her home. This was in a county next to mine. There was a suspect within a few days and still is one. A sheriff's office detective who is related to a good friend of mine told us several years later that he makes it a point to go into this killer's place of business on a weekly basis just to let him know LE hasn't forgotten. It has been more than 20 years since the murder. My friend's sheriff department relative is dead now. The local and regional newspapers do big articles on the anniversary of her death each year. Hiding in plain sight. Another example from my county. A local man was beaten, tied to his bed, and his mobile home was set on fire. He did manage to drag his burned body outside before he died. Killer known? In certain social circles and to LE? Yes. Enough evidence to convict? No. I just believe that LE investigating Abby and Libby's murders are pulling that leash tighter every day. Did LE make mistakes? Yes, they admitted that is so in their April 2019 press conference.

If it were the case that law enforcement knows who the killer is but just cannot prove it, I think you are still missing a glaring contradiction. Wouldn't that mean that after such a long period of time that Abigail Williams and Liberty German's case is cold? The only thing left for the Sheriff to do for the next 20 years would be to constantly try to drive by the home and work of the suspect to let them know they are watching him in the hope that maybe someday someone might talk about the crime.

I think it is human nature to think we have the answer. So we start to think others have the answer too. Different perspectives can lead two different people to come up with two different answers. I think law enforcement has no idea who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

If it were the case that law enforcement knows who the killer is but just cannot prove it, I think you are still missing a glaring contradiction. Wouldn't that mean that after such a long period of time that Abigail Williams and Liberty German's case is cold? The only thing left for the Sheriff to do for the next 20 years would be to constantly try to drive by the home and work of the suspect to let them know they are watching him in the hope that maybe someday someone might talk about the crime.

I think it is human nature to think we have the answer. So we start to think others have the answer too. Different perspectives can lead two different people to come up with two different answers. I think law enforcement has no idea who killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German.
No, I do not think Libby and Abby's case is cold. Far from it. The case of the murdered girl in my area happened on May 17, 1990, so there will be another round of articles in the coming weeks. Also, she was taken from her car and found dead several days later and not shot as I posted before. There will be active discussion in the comments sections of these articles also and on the facebook pages. I just looked it up so it has been almost 31 years instead of 20. I sincerely hope it is not decades before the killer of these two girls in Delphi is brought to justice. Sometimes it happens.

Last edited:
Yes, and the funny thing, I just realized it myself. I was thinking about the feet of the homeless, and their footwear, and the bad condition of what is under the footwear...and how unlikely BG they’d look. Maybe his jacket looks like that of a typical Indiana man, but his shoes do not.

From my Midwestern experience, there may be “unusually warm” days, but in winter, there is snow. And in farmland, melted snow on the ground turns everything into mud. So if anyone tells me that the trails and the forests and the cemetery were all clean, I would be very much surprised.

So a homeless person I’d rule out. I think that a farmer, too, would be more prone to wear something like what LL Bean sells, with resin on the bottoms (forgot their name).

Ironically, a hunter would not wear thin-soled shoes, either.

Now, it does not rule out a truck driver, because he is inside his cabin. I’d expect a truck driver to wear something allowing his feet to get slightly puffy by the end of the day, but in principle, he can wear thin-soled shoes. And they could be decently clean...like the BG’s ones.

So one of the two, he either got out of the car/truck and stepped on that bridge, or he just made a few steps down. Or something like it. He did not walk too far, nor was he walking around since 12 noon, on the trails and back. Nor did he walk in a dirty forest. I don’t know how was the soil around the cemetery, the locals have to tell us.

And speaking about shoes, Abby’s sneakers on the photo are also very clean. She was driven to the trails in the car...but how clean are the trails? (The bridge looked dry on Libby’s photo.)

You remind me of Columbo. I definitely hadn't looked long or hard at that guy's feet/shoes. But that's a darn great thing to notice. Thank you. Could he have just changed his shoes?

No, I do not think Libby and Abby's case is cold. Far from it. The case of the murdered girl in my area happened on May 17, 1990, so there will be another round of articles in the coming weeks. Also, she was taken from her car and found dead several days later and not shot as I posted before. There will be active discussion in the comments sections of these articles also and on the facebook pages. I just looked it up so it has been almost 31 years instead of 20. I sincerely hope it is not decades before the killer of these two girls in Delphi is brought to justice. Sometimes it happens.

I agree, I don't think it's a cold case.

DNA testing is getting progressively better — so many people thought that the EARONS case would never get solved, and thanks to DNA testing and a fourth(?) cousin, here we are. There's been a few others that have followed since then, too.

Criminal profiling is also getting more and more accurate. I don't believe the language LE uses in their press conferences is meaningless. It's highly structured and used to target BG and/or those who know who he is and what he's done. They know what will get into his head, make him think.

Sadly, like many of these people, BG probably won't just stop, unless he goes to jail or dies. It gets progressively worse and more people suffer. You just have to hope there's a long 'cooling off' period and that they can catch him before he offends again.

I hope that the case in your area is solved. 31 years is a very long time to wait.

What do you think about for example? In February the year 2017 was still at the beginning ......

She got into some secrets, hence so much anger against her. And how would an internet-savvy kid get the information? By crawling on the Internet.

You are right, it took summer of 2017 for the tensions to erupt. And most of the (open previously) publications and sources of the information sank into Deep Web much later in the year. But - groups and, most important, lists of participants - they were probably on the Dark Web from the getgo?

It is just one possibility. I am thinking of any potentially damaging, very personal, compromising information on an inhabitant of Delphi who had a good standing and probable future political plans. Something that could ruin a career.

Another option - evidence of embezzlement or theft.

Last edited:

I suspect that they did get the tip that tipped the scales, so to say. And then the rest - the fingerprints, the DNA - fell into the puzzle. But the puzzle is missing several pieces, and the tipster who could probably be one of witnesses prefers to stay anonymous. JMO, I have no knowledge of the situation and don’t even have a steady poi.

She got into some secrets, hence so much anger against her. And how would an internet-savvy kid get the information? By crawling on the Internet.

You are right, it took summer of 2017 for the tensions to erupt. And most of the (open previously) publications and sources of the information sank into Deep Web much later in the year. But - groups and, most important, lists of participants - they were probably on the Dark Web from the getgo?

It is just one possibility. I am thinking of any potentially damaging, very personal, compromising information on an inhabitant of Delphi who had a good standing and probable future political plans. Something that could ruin a career.

Another option - evidence of embezzlement or theft.
Is this referring to the Delphi case? If so, I totally missed this info. I wonder if this had something to do with the phone reset.

I agree, I don't think it's a cold case.

DNA testing is getting progressively better — so many people thought that the EARONS case would never get solved, and thanks to DNA testing and a fourth(?) cousin, here we are. There's been a few others that have followed since then, too.

Criminal profiling is also getting more and more accurate. I don't believe the language LE uses in their press conferences is meaningless. It's highly structured and used to target BG and/or those who know who he is and what he's done. They know what will get into his head, make him think.

Sadly, like many of these people, BG probably won't just stop, unless he goes to jail or dies. It gets progressively worse and more people suffer. You just have to hope there's a long 'cooling off' period and that they can catch him before he offends again.

I hope that the case in your area is solved. 31 years is a very long time to wait.
There is actually a very small thread in WS Cold Case forums about this girl. I don't want to put it on here because it places where I live. I am not an insider or anything in that case but do read all the comments, boards, etc. and have for years.

When was the phone reset? When was the no-school day announced? Tia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen