Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome back to the Delphi Murders discussion thread.

On the afternoon of Feb. 13th, 2017, best friends Abigail Williams and Liberty German were dropped off at a bridge in the town of Delphi. On Feb 14th their bodies were discovered around noon about 50 feet from the north bank of Deer Creek which is about 0.5 miles from the bridge.
The Sheriff's office gave a press conference on 4/22/19 and we have some solid information. Please take a look below

HERE IS THE NEW SKETCH FROM THE PRESS CONFERENCE ON 4/22/19

delphi-suspect-sketch-ht-jef-190422_hpEmbed_5x6_992.jpg

HERE IS THE NEW AUDIO. IT'S-A BIT LONGER THAN THE FIRST AUDIO:
https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav

Here is the old audio in a loop:

http://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_male_voice_loop.mp3

LATEST PRESS CONFERENCE 4/22/19

FOR MORE CLICK HERE FOR THE CARROL COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE FACEBOOK PAGE.

Anyone with information about this case, no matter how insignificant, is encouraged to call the Delphi Homicide Investigation Tip Line at
(844) 459-5786.

Information can also be reported by calling the Indiana State Police at(800) 382-7537, or the Carroll County Sheriff's Department at (765) 564-2413.

Information can also be emailed to Abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

video of press conference from 2017 02/22/17: https://www.facebook.com/NewsCenter1...4728963476130/

Let's do this. Let's commit to getting this killer's picture and voice out there any possible way we can.

Pictures of Abby and Libby

Link to post with all Threads #1-98 (Courtesy of margarita25)

Thread #99 Thread #100 Thread #101 Thread #102 Thread #103 Thread #104 Thread #105 Thread #106 Thread #107 Thread #108 Thread #109 Thread #110 Thread #111 Thread #112 Thread #113 Thread #114 Thread #115 Thread #116 Thread #117 Thread #118 Thread #119 Thread #120 Thread #121

Link to Media Maps & Timelines *No Discussion*
Link to Media Maps & Timelines #2 *No Discussion*

IMAGE Discussion Thread

Scanner Thread

Rules Etiquette & Information

Case map by skibaboo updated with grayhuze crime flow video

Grayhuze youtube channel

Verified Insiders: None in this case at this time.
Verified Professional, Member michael.gartley, is a Verified Expert in Imaging Science.

RULES OF THIS DISCUSSION

DO NOT post photos of random individuals (including persons featured in MSM articles about other area crimes) to compare to the images of unidentified suspect on the bridge.

PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF SEX OFFENDERS!

Do not sleuth family, PERIOD. This includes previous public records which have nothing to do with this case. They are victims here. Plain and simple.

If you feel you have a tip, by all means, phone it in. Do NOT discuss your tip here. Contact the authorities and give them time to follow your lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bringing forward the item about Mary Cooper and Susanna Stoddard not being victims of Israel Keyes:

FBI: Keyes not likely involved in 2006 Snohomish County mother-daughter deaths

The husband/father has also been cleared:

Stodden cleared in murder of his family 12 years ago

I agree that the person who killed the girls might well have committed a crime like this one. Probably not this particular one, but on the other hand, how many murders of two girls or women in outdoor recreational areas are there?

Thread No. 122. I'm so sad as I type this.

Abby and Libby deserve justice.

JMVHO.
Yes they do. I keep vacillating between two theories:

1. Hiding in plain sight. Likely doesn’t live in Delphi, but there frequently for some routine reason. Work, ball club, visiting relative.
Some prior connection to the girls.
2. Fate killing. Perp suited up for the kill, and it was random timing.

I strongly lean to the first scenario. However, there are some murders that are crimes of opportunity.

One of the only things I feel strongly about, is that someone knows who the Perp is, and isn’t calling it in.
Perhaps they are in denial.

amateur opinion and speculation

1. Hiding in plain sight. Likely doesn’t live in Delphi, but there frequently for some routine reason. Work, ball club, visiting relative.

I strongly lean to the first scenario. However, there are some murders that are crimes of opportunity.

One of the only things I feel strongly about, is that someone knows who the Perp is, and isn’t calling it in.

There was a video you may want to see, maybe more than one. Some youtube guy in Indiana interviewed the police. I don't have any more info on the guy, I don't remember his name or anything. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful. The police seemed very open to courteous questions and volunteered information. I don't know if there was anything new there or not, because this wasn't something I had much of any knowledge of at the time. Best wishes.

I wonder from that sketchy video if he was wearing earbuds. A Bluetooth device. I wonder if they have a data dump from that day, is it possible to see what devices communicated with a Bluetooth near the MHB at that day/around that time?

Let this be the thread we get some great news.

My current theory about catching him is somebody or some people know or suspect they know the perpetrator. I've thought this since well before the PC last April. Then the other sketch, additional audio, and the video were released.

Someone, or some people, have to know by now.

I had a flash yesterday that maybe, just maybe, LE will hold another PC at some point this year.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

JMO

When DC said "You want to know, what we know", he spoke to a certain poi, I think. I'm convinced, that one of their pois had contact after the murder and indeed wanted to know something, in a personal phone convo or via a mediator, who had perhaps even LE experience.
-.-.-.-
Answer:
I agree and think there is a very strong possibility the killer has been in contact with LE, albeit anonymously.

Could be a "hey did you find (the) "________""?

DC said something to the effect of "we know you want to know what we know" (paraphrasing), during the PC a year ago. That just might well indicate they know they've had contact with the killer, or I've thought they may have zeroed in on some social media or other internet posts which they think might be the killer. Or both contact and internet posts. Maybe even chatter in a forum? Text messages? ???

JMO

Falling Down, Yesterday at 8:52 PM
-.-.-.-
Answer:
I believe, the contact between BG and LE was rather direct, because BG in a clever way saved a right for himself to ask questions. MOO

Maybe today's the day or this will be the thread, but I don't really have much hope.
I think the only real clues LE have are the video and audio that Libby made. Well, maybe some of the signatures from the crime itself. They may or may not have DNA, but they have the actual killer on the video and any suspect can be compared to it. They seem to be waiting on someone to give them the tip to point them in the right direction. They really need to keep pushing the stills from the video out to the public, especially now that more people are sitting at home watching TV.

That's what LE is still wanting in the Iowa case. That one tip. No progress has been made in almost eight years since Lizzy and Lyric were murdered in Evansdale, IA. They were only 8 and 10 years old young girls, much younger than Libby and Abby. LE only had video of them on their bikes and their bikes and a purse were found the same day by the local lake near a walking trail that ran through the town. Six months later, their remains were found by a hunter 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park which borders the Wapsipinicon River. The water was real low and looked like a creek in that area. The bodies had been positioned opposite each other close to the bank of the river. At the time, it was odd how the bodies were laid out but maybe that was a signature.

Very informative link.

UPDATE: Missing cousins' bodies found in remote area of Seven Bridges

Current WS thread #38.

IA - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38

Last edited:
Bringing forward the item about Mary Cooper and Susanna Stoddard not being victims of Israel Keyes:

I agree that the person who killed the girls might well have committed a crime like this one. Probably not this particular one, but on the other hand, how many murders of two girls or women in outdoor recreational areas are there?

Thanks for moving my post over..( not all of it is my post).

the reality is, the profile of this killer is created based on what profilers learn from the crime scene. this crime scene of a mother and daughter was utterly bizarre and the case is still unsolved.

all the killer's little mental problems will be discovered through the crime scene and they will know so much about him it's ridiculous. Almost all serial killers are about power, because in actual life they feel powerless. So maybe he has connected with LE in some way....but notice he doesn't connect with the families, like the sadistic
Long Island SK. So BG enjoys exerting power, power over life and death, power over the detectives, power over the town and the victims families.

power over closure.

this is an angry guy. I think this could be the same killer. but only the police know.

it's not even 10 years ago.

mOO

Last edited:

Found the WS link to this case.
WA - WA - Susanna Stodden, 56, & Mary Cooper, 27, Pinnacle Lake, 11 July 2006

Maybe today's the day or this will be the thread, but I don't really have much hope.
I think the only real clues LE have are the video and audio that Libby made. Well, maybe some of the signatures from the crime itself. They may or may not have DNA, but they have the actual killer on the video and any suspect can be compared to it. They seem to be waiting on someone to give them the tip to point them in the right direction. They really need to keep pushing the stills from the video out to the public, especially now that more people are sitting at home watching TV.

That's what LE is still wanting in the Iowa case. That one tip. No progress has been made in almost eight years since Lizzy and Lyric were murdered in Evansdale, IA. They were only 8 and 10 years old young girls, much younger than Libby and Abby. LE only had video of them on their bikes and their bikes and a purse were found the same day by the local lake near a walking trail that ran through the town. Six months later, their remains were found by a hunter 20 miles away at Seven Bridges Park which borders the Wapsipinicon River. The water was real low and looked like a creek in that area. The bodies had been positioned opposite each other close to the bank of the river. At the time, it was odd how the bodies were laid out but maybe that was a signature.

Very informative link.

UPDATE: Missing cousins' bodies found in remote area of Seven Bridges

Current WS thread #38.

IA - IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #38

this seven bridges article...interesting...definitely pulls me towards a connection with A+L . mOO

They really need to keep pushing the stills from the video out to the public, especially now that more people are sitting at home watching TV.
BBM RSBM

Indiana went into lockdown between the 19th and the 25th of March.
Schools closed up on the 19th.
The stay at home order was announced on the 25th.

I really have no idea why they could not find someone to take this on. Provide posters to MSM. Advertise on the local TV boards. And I say this realizing that so many of our Police, and First Responders, are stretched beyond thin.

It would just be a responsible thing to do.

Even just a picture of the girls, along with the still of BG.
Enhanced as much as possible.
All IMVHO as nothing linked.

I have followed the Delphi murder case closely for the past year by reading along, but don’t think I ever posted in this thread. I always meant to read up on the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case and finally today I had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the very basics of this case. WOW, the area where the bodies were found in both cases looks pretty similar…. Woods, a creek, secluded…. About 6 hours apart. Elizabeth and Lyric were found in Seven Bridges Wildlife Park, so I would assume there is a bridge or bridges in that area? Do you think these two double murders could be connected? But how coincidental and incredible lucky (sorry, I don’t have a better way of saying this) it would be that the perp would be able to successfully target a pair of young girls twice. Especially if it is a crime of opportunity… I am not that familiar with the Delphi case early on and wondered if law enforcement ever made a statement regarding a possible link between these two double homicides?

Mods - If this questions is not allowed based on TOS, please delete. Thank you so much!

I have followed the Delphi murder case closely for the past year by reading along, but don’t think I ever posted in this thread. I always meant to read up on the Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook case and finally today I had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the very basics of this case. WOW, the area where the bodies were found in both cases looks pretty similar…. Woods, a creek, secluded…. About 6 hours apart. Elizabeth and Lyric were found in Seven Bridges Wildlife Park, so I would assume there is a bridge or bridges in that area? Do you think these two double murders could be connected? But how coincidental and incredible lucky (sorry, I don’t have a better way of saying this) it would be that the perp would be able to successfully target a pair of young girls twice. Especially if it is a crime of opportunity… I am not that familiar with the Delphi case early on and wondered if law enforcement ever made a statement regarding a possible link between these two double homicides?

Mods - If this questions is not allowed based on TOS, please delete. Thank you so much!
It hasn’t been ruled out AFAIK

Indiana LE have said there are no apparent connections (called them "coincidental" similarities in this article) but as usual they are not giving out a lot of info and as this was pretty early in the investigation, they may not have totally ruled it out.

Evansdale, Indiana double-homicide links 'coincidental,' Indiana State Police say

Someone is sitting on info that would bring this case to closure.
Whether it’s fear, embarrassment, scandal they are fearing...they must speak up regardless. Knowing this deranged miscreant is on the loose should motivate everyone to action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member