NH NH - Maura Murray, 21, Haverhill, 9 Feb 2004 #15

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is staying safe. It has surprised me that this thread has gone as long as it has without any new posts and I discovered that one of the people that usually kept this thread bumped for some reason or another is no longer a member.

its like so bizarre because nobody knows where she was going and why. ultimately
you are right, she could have made it to her destination. something could have happened there. lets say someone for whatever reason, known. or unknown to her actually does pick her up and drops her off somewhere, an address, some guy's house, a bar. well, now what? mOO

its like so bizarre because nobody knows where she was going and why. ultimately
you are right, she could have made it to her destination. something could have happened there. lets say someone for whatever reason, known. or unknown to her actually does pick her up and drops her off somewhere, an address, some guy's house, a bar. well, now what? mOO

Exactly. It's entirely plausible that the reason she has basically disappeared into thin ear is because she didn't die where we assume she died at. She could have died a hundred miles away somewhere and if people knew to look at that particular area her body would have been found rather quickly.

Has anyone listened to the Liko Kenney episodes True Crime Garage did a couple of weeks ago (linked below)? In Part 2, they talk with another MM podcaster about a potential link between Liko’s case and MM’s case that I found interesting. It may be reaching but it definitely caught my attention.

Liko Kenney /// Part 1 /// 388

Liko Kenney /// Part 2 /// 389

God these podcasters. They just make me shake my head more and more anytime I listen to them. They are trying to take a completely unrelated case about a cop that got shot because he lost his cool with some stupid kid with an attitude problem and trying to turn the fact that he lost his cool with the juvenile deviant into ways he could have been responsible for Maura's disappearance. THese people seriously need to stop making videos.

God these podcasters. They just make me shake my head more and more anytime I listen to them. They are trying to take a completely unrelated case about a cop that got shot because he lost his cool with some stupid kid with an attitude problem and trying to turn the fact that he lost his cool with the juvenile deviant into ways he could have been responsible for Maura's disappearance. THese people seriously need to stop making videos.

To be clear, I did say they may be reaching, but I found it interesting nonetheless.

Bill Rausch was on Reddit answering questions, well he really wasn't answering them but he claims he'll discuss them in depth on later episodes of the podcast. Sharing my Memories of Maura Murray on what would be her 38th Birthday in Podcast with u/Guerrilla_Ontologist : UnresolvedMysteries

He was promoting the site mentioned in the post above as well as the 107 degrees podcast he was on. Like i said he didn't really answer much on the thread but i thought some would be interested here.

To be honest I think someone who is being accused of abusing women just needs to keep quiet. Especially in regards to a girl that went missing whom he was previously involved with. I think taking part in something like that shows a real immaturity on his end all on its own.

Last edited:
To be honest I think someone who is being accused of abusing women just needs to keep quiet. Especially in regards to a girl that went missing whom he was previously involved with. I think taking part in something like that shows a real immaturity on his end all on its own.

People have been dying for him to talk for years, not me i don't think he has any idea what happened or anything useful to add but i'm positive some others will be interested in him finally speaking out which is why i posted it.

It is unbelievable that he decides to do this immediately after the accusations and hearings though.

People have been dying for him to talk for years, not me i don't think he has any idea what happened or anything useful to add but i'm positive some others will be interested in him finally speaking out which is why i posted it.

It is unbelievable that he decides to do this immediately after the accusations and hearings though.

He has been accused already so why should he care what people on the internet that he doesn't know are saying. The people on the internet only concerned about the Maura case aren't going to have any affect on the cases he is currently in trouble for and he currently isn't in trouble for the Maura situation so why even talk about that? It almost seems that this is his him trying to gain control of the narrative. The few posts from him that I read seemed like he got a little argumentative with the people who were saying things that he didn't like.

I also wouldn't think the Murray family would want anything to do with him at this point. Maybe they don't want anything to do with him and he is advertising the new site all on his own.

He has been accused already so why should he care what people on the internet that he doesn't know are saying. The people on the internet only concerned about the Maura case aren't going to have any affect on the cases he is currently in trouble for and he currently isn't in trouble for the Maura situation so why even talk about that? It almost seems that this is his him trying to gain control of the narrative. The few posts from him that I read seemed like he got a little argumentative with the people who were saying things that he didn't like.

I also wouldn't think the Murray family would want anything to do with him at this point. Maybe they don't want anything to do with him and he is advertising the new site all on his own.

He claims he got back in touch with Fred and Julie and wants to take a more active role in helping find Maura, and "cutting out the noise" meaning rumours and half truths i guess. That interview was recorded back in January though and we didn't hear a word from him until now. Who knows, it's probably ego.

I don't think he was really argumentative in that thread, the opposite actually he was sickeningly polite as if he was desperate to come across well.

Like i said i don't think he has anything to offer even if he answered everything 100% truthfully. I believe it was either exposure or foul play by a stranger so at best he could give us an idea of what her state of mind was like (not really though as he hadn't seen her since around christmas i believe) but that doesn't help finding her if either of those scenarios are correct. Plus it's not like anyone on these sites is going to solve it, it's basically a soap opera now. Sad.

Also no, Julie is running that site can't see him promoting it on the day its launched while having no involvement with them.

Bill Rausch is likely a huge control freak and with him recently being accused of other crimes against women it would make sense that someone with that type of personality would want to gain control of other narratives out there against him. It's starting to become more and more apparent that Maura ran with a pretty shady crowd.

That honestly just baffles me if the Murray family would still be involved with Bill in anyway after he has had these accusations against him. Even if you feel there was a slim chance he was involved common sense would tell you to stay away from certain types of people given the situation. After all they can't be a 100% sure Bill wasn't involved in the disappearance and the boyfriend is generally one of the main people to look to in situations like these.

Last edited:
Bill Rausch is likely a huge control freak and with him recently being accused of other crimes against women it would make sense that someone with that type of personality would want to gain control of other narratives out there against him. It's starting to become more and more apparent that Maura ran with a pretty shady crowd.

That honestly just baffles me if the Murray family would still be involved with Bill in anyway after he has had these accusations against him. Even if you feel there was a slim chance he was involved common sense would tell you to stay away from certain types of people given the situation. After all they can't be a 100% sure Bill wasn't involved in the disappearance and the boyfriend is generally one of the main people to look to in situations like these.

I don't know why her family is still in contact with them but if i was to guess it would be Sharon Rausch related. Sharon was extremely supportive of the Murray's early on, protective of Maura's reputation (with ulterior motives of course as by extension she was also protecting Bill's reputation) and handled a lot of the media, i could see them thinking they should repay her by sticking by her son. Just a guess.

They are 100% sure he isn't involved, anyone who is reasonable is. He's a but the only way to make him responsible is to come up with a complex conspiracy theory of Maura hiding out for days waiting somewhere for Bill without contacting anyone (including Bill) despite there being no evidence she or Bill had ever been to the area they apparently had some preconceived destination in the area where they'd meet. The Murray's where with Bill during the search and know where he was when she went missing (thousands of miles away) they know it's ridiculous. They don't know that he wasn't involved in the other accusations though.

Bill being involved with violence towards woman a decade later isn't that notable either especially since no one has ever said he was violent towards Maura. If you say looked at all of Ted Bundy's victims boyfriends i'm positive several of them would have been violent towards women in later life, violence on women is an epidemic sadly.

I don't know why her family is still in contact with them but if i was to guess it would be Sharon Rausch related. Sharon was extremely supportive of the Murray's early on, protective of Maura's reputation (with ulterior motives of course as by extension she was also protecting Bill's reputation) and handled a lot of the media, i could see them thinking they should repay her by sticking by her son. Just a guess.

They are 100% sure he isn't involved, anyone who is reasonable is. He's a ******* but the only way to make him responsible is to come up with a complex conspiracy theory of Maura hiding out for days waiting somewhere for Bill without contacting anyone (including Bill) despite there being no evidence she or Bill had ever been to the area they apparently had some preconceived destination in the area where they'd meet. The Murray's where with Bill during the search and know where he was when she went missing (thousands of miles away) they know it's ridiculous. They don't know that he wasn't involved in the other accusations though.

Bill being involved with violence towards woman a decade later isn't that notable either especially since no one has ever said he was violent towards Maura. If you say looked at all of Ted Bundy's victims boyfriends i'm positive several of them would have been violent towards women in later life, violence on women is an epidemic sadly.

No @Nadal no one can be a 100% sure Bill wasn't involved. Maura virtually vanished into thin air and lots of things are possible including a boyfriend who may have some trouble controlling his temper (especially around young women). They can be pretty sure he wasn't involved but there still is that possibility. A lot of unsolved missing persons cases are situations where the boyfriend was involved (or some other guy that the girl was involved with) but they just don't have enough on him currently to do anything about it.

And please don't say that his violence towards women a decade later has nothing to do with Maura because it most definitely does. It shows that Bill has a habit of being violent towards women and you sure as hell better believe that that should be something people should look into when you are dealing with a person that went missing. When a girl goes missing you should look into all the men she was involved with. Yes if those women are attracted to one violent man chances are she would be attracted to other violent men as well and when that said woman goes missing all those men need to be looked into. Until you can uncover other men Maura was involved with Bill is the sole violent boyfriend that is going to be looked at.

Last edited:
No @Nadal no one can be a 100% sure Bill wasn't involved. Maura virtually vanished into thin air and lots of things are possible including a boyfriend who may have some trouble controlling his temper (especially around young women). They can be pretty sure he wasn't involved but there still is that possibility. A lot of unsolved missing persons cases are situations where the boyfriend was involved (or some other guy that the girl was involved with) but they just don't have enough on him currently to do anything about it.

And please don't say that his violence towards women a decade later has nothing to do with Maura because it most definitely does. It shows that Bill has a habit of being violent towards women and you sure as hell better believe that that should be something people should look into when you are dealing with a person that went missing. When a girl goes missing you should look into all the men she was involved with. Yes if those women are attracted to one violent man chances are she would be attracted to other violent men as well and when that said woman goes missing all those men need to be looked into. Until you can uncover other men Maura was involved with Bill is the sole violent boyfriend that is going to be looked at.

Please post an example comparable to the Maura-Bill situation? I can think of a bunch of cases where the boyfriend or husband most likely did it but there's not enough evidence to charge. There's never circumstances that favours the boyfriend/husband as much as in this case. Not ever. Not once. Will be looking forward to your examples.

Bill's violence towards women later could have something to do with Maura, it also could not since men are violent towards women at absurd rates. The circumstances don't match him as the perp, i'm absolutely not a fan of him my post was the only one with a censored word. I'm not defending him i'm just not a moron or extremely paranoid, i can rule someone out who was clearly not involved.

Please post an example comparable to the Maura-Bill situation? I can think of a bunch of cases where the boyfriend or husband most likely did it but there's not enough evidence to charge. There's never circumstances that favours the boyfriend/husband as much as in this case. Not ever. Not once. Will be looking forward to your examples.

Bill's violence towards women later could have something to do with Maura, it also could not since men are violent towards women at absurd rates. The circumstances don't match him as the perp, i'm absolutely not a fan of him my post was the only one with a censored word. I'm not defending him i'm just not a moron or extremely paranoid, i can rule someone out who was clearly not involved.

Let's see the Patti Adkins case. Now I'll just remind you @Nadal you have decided to disappear in the past when people asked you to come up with examples so before you try to continue to argue I'll just remind you that unlike you I don't disappear.

Nadal you are trying to completely eliminate Bill when he shouldn't be completely eliminated. You have a specific theory that you believe in and Bill doesn't play into that theory so you want to say Bill isn't involved. Yes there are several other ways Maura could have disappeared (some may even be more likely than Bill being involved) however when you have a missing person who dated a guy who has a history of being abusive towards women in no way should he be eliminated completely. He should continue to be looked into until a more likely suspect comes around. And that hasn't happened yet. THe only other suspect that is more likely than Bill right now are suspects that people are inventing.

Last edited:
Let's see the Patti Adkins case. Now I'll just remind you @Nadal you have decided to disappear in the past when people asked you to come up with examples so before you try to continue to argue I'll just remind you that unlike you I don't disappear.

Nadal you are trying to completely eliminate Bill when he shouldn't be completely eliminated. You have a specific theory that you believe in and Bill doesn't play into that theory so you want to say Bill isn't involved. Yes there are several other ways Maura could have disappeared (some may even be more likely than Bill being involved) however when you have a missing person who dated a guy who has a history of being abusive towards women in no way should he be eliminated completely. He should continue to be looked into until a more likely suspect comes around. And that hasn't happened yet. THe only other suspect that is more likely than Bill right now are suspects that people are inventing.
Sony,
Bill wasn't even in the same state at the time Maura vanished and regardless of what his history entails, there is no evidence that proves any involvement in Maura's disappearance. You're looking for a correlation between the women he dated and Maura as a means to justify Bill as a suspect. It's been over 16 years and we're no closer to solving the case than the day she disappeared. Isn't it just as likely that Maura met with foul play by that of a local than someone with whom she knew? In these types of cases, the one closest to the victim, being boyfriend or girlfriend, is usually the first to be questioned & analyzed. Bill had an alibi and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. If anything - he may have been an influence to why Maura left but to say direct involvement is a huge undertaking. You would agree?

Sony,
Bill wasn't even in the same state at the time Maura vanished and regardless of what his history entails, there is no evidence that proves any involvement in Maura's disappearance. You're looking for a correlation between the women he dated and Maura as a means to justify Bill as a suspect. It's been over 16 years and we're no closer to solving the case than the day she disappeared. Isn't it just as likely that Maura met with foul play by that of a local than someone with whom she knew? In these types of cases, the one closest to the victim, being boyfriend or girlfriend, is usually the first to be questioned & analyzed. Bill had an alibi and there is nothing to suggest otherwise. If anything - he may have been an influence to why Maura left but to say direct involvement is a huge undertaking. You would agree?

And all I said is that he shouldn't be eliminated given what we know about him. There are no good suspects in this case as like I said before the only suspects that are more likely than Bill right now are suspects that people are inventing. It'd be foolish to completely eliminate the only 'named' suspicious person that we know of regarding this case.

If anything Bill should show that there should be further investigation into Maura's circle of friends. Generally people who run with one bad apple often run with other bad apples as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back