Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. And you’d think others would learn from it.
If there's anything we've learned about these perps, it's that they all think they are inherently super special and invincible. Why learn from the "mistakes" of others when you never make mistakes yourself? Fortunately, it's this arrogance and hubris that gets them caught.

Not a lawyer but this certainly seems like a “taking” of private property for which the owner should and will be reimbursed by government authorities.
Saw that at least one major home insurance company covers police search damage.
Deductable.probably not fair.
Owner likely said "Dig, I will figure it out"

MOO convicted perpetrator should ultimately be responsible.

I can’t help but think there’s something wrong with this story and there’s nothing to be found here.

Although I believe a person would have to be totally nuts to bury a body at a place associated with him, I know it’s happened in a Colombo episode, so never say never. But the searchers at the property are no longer looking for a body. They’re sifting for pieces of bone/sinew/whatever. Surely if something gruesome had been done to her body, those remains would have been sprinkled around the countryside hundreds of miles away, not mixed in with fill dirt where, just for instance, the concrete contractor could have seen or smelled something.

I’m very curious to see what evidence brought them here. It just makes no sense to me that a functioning member of society (as opposed to some sort of sociopathic lunatic) would have done it this way.

A few cases where landscaping and concrete poured over I've followed here. Latest was Chase Messner case. Friend killed (convicted) him and buried him under his deck, poured concrete over site, then moved.

Cadeavor dogs were significant in the cold case.

Could be pings from cell phone, video of homeowners in the area showing a vehicle going to that location, tips called in, dogs hitting a scent....and/or a combination of all.

jmo

Agreed, it’s likely a combination of things that adds up to probable cause. The purpose of a search warrant is establishing that LE has sufficient evidence to outweigh your Constitutional right to be free of unwarranted search and seizure. So any combination of the above plus the homeowner consenting would work.

Graphic: With the sifting I am wondering if they found evidence of a fire where her remains may have been burned and then disposed with the dirt. They would be looking for bone fragments.

Even though the home owner "hired" Barry, is it conclusive that he did the job himself? Any chance that he could have contracted out part of the job to employees?

Homeowner has said investigators are using x-ray equipment, so IMO they've seen something to warrant such an extensive use of manpower. WRT the sifting, could be there is an indication of a body buried deeper but they are sifting all dirt as it is removed in case there could be other evidence in addition to a body.

I am very curious when the concrete was poured and if BM waited for that to happen before he released his video shoot.

Curiosity only, speculation.

jmo
Hmmm. Like "too soon" as in lets make sure the coverup is complete first? That statement has never made any sense. I still wonder about it. Interesting speculation. MOO

My guess is he was taking jobs other than just landscaping. Maybe he has the equipment to dig and pound so is hired to do that work as odd job, in addition to landscaping? IDK. Definitely is not a landscaping work....under concrete.

Doesn't seem like a job he himself would likely do though - seems like something you'd send an employee to do? I don't know, tbh.

jmo

Respectfully disagree. I've only hired landscaping company twice in my life. Both times it was only for fill dirt and moving to level the property.

That is what they do MOO.

The sculpt with earth movement, and yes, sometimes plant and do designs and construction. . This isn't a lawn mowing business MOO.

Bringing in soil, moving land and leveling prior to pouring concrete for footers and basement concrete foundation next to soft river dirt and sloping... exactly what I would expect a landscaping company to do.

Last edited:
A few cases where landscaping and concrete poured over I've followed here. Latest was Chase Messner case. Friend killed (convicted) him and buried him under his deck, poured concrete over site, then moved.

Cadeavor dogs were significant in the cold case.

Those dogs can find the civil and revolutionary war dead.

It seems odd to me BM was hired to do anything yet.
Late hubby used to work construction, and landscapers never did anything on site at this stage of the build.
It looks to me like the site was very recently leveled for the concrete foundation pour.
If memory serves, after the foundation is done framing lumber & tresses would be delivered next, drywall, siding, insulation, roofing, electricians, plumbers...
and a landscaper's part comes WAY after all of that.

Maybe they do things differently there.
Or maybe riverfront land is different?
I dunno, it just seems odd to me.

Maybe he also helps trucking in dirt to level the land before construction? We live on a hill in the mountains and the people who built the house had to truck in tons of dirt to get a level space in the rocky forest area.

Respectfully disagree. I've only hired landscaping company twice in my life. Both times it was only for fill dirt and moving to level the property.

That is what they do MOO.

The sculpt with earth movement, and yes, sometimes plant and do designs and construction. . This isn't a lawn mowing business MOO
I hear ya! Good points.

jmo

Post 31 in this thread had a quote from home owner saying they’ve known BM for 3 weeks. She went missing 2 wks ago?
It would be reasonable to expect that LE knows when the dirt was laid and when the concrete was poured. IMO, there would be no need to search if the dirt laying part of the job happened before Suzanne went missing. Of course, it's not known exactly when she went missing.

My guess would sometime over the time frame of May 8-12 (more like May 8-9), the time before she was reported missing and the time frame of the video surveillance requests to save. MOO

Those dogs can find the civil and revolutionary war dead.
OT: WOW! Is that true? I'm currently researching a grave that can't be found of a Revolutionary War veteran. So cool what dogs can do.

On topic: I have a sinking feeling that the body might be found in more than one location. No evidence for that, just a sinking feeling. I hope I'm very wrong.

jmo

Doesn't seem like a job he himself would likely do though - seems like something you'd send an employee to do? I don't know, tbh.
I agree. Spreading dirt doesnt seem like a job he would do. But on the other hand, maybe he did do the job and its unusual that he did, so it looked suspicious to the police.

My assumption is that LE suspects an individual associated with the jobsite as the perpetrator. Employer, employee, whomever. Do they expect to find a body? Maybe. Personal effects? Maybe. Anything that they can tie to the crime is a win. Evidence is evidence, and they need to build their case using any and all means. I’m still not sure if it’s just the dirt that was used or if concrete is a component. LE is keeping their case close to the vest and I have to commend them for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen