Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that whole letter to the church thing is just so weird to me.
Something is off and someone is trying to set the scenario/stage
People who are "beside themselves" usually hold a presser as soon as LE will allow !
Their fear and grief are visible and even if private they'll speak up and beg for help.
I did not observe this in Suzanne's case.

They and LE will hold a press conf. days if not hours after all searching is exhausted and the missing person is nowhere to be found.
I get it that more often this happens with children, as adults sometimes will leave of their own accord.

How I wish Suzanne had just decided to get away and is safe somewhere !!!!

I like your avatar, SG ! :)

There was no church that Sunday: COVID.
There was likely online church. Ours is doing that via YouTube live. Anyone in IT - is there a way to track who’s viewing the service online? Or alternatively, if Suzanne watched from her computer and LE has it, they can document can they track her most recent online activity. We also do giving online during the service (although this can be done anytime not just during live service) and if she did give that’s trackable financially.

• voluntarily missing
  • accident
  • kidnapping
Respectfully,
What evidence is there to rule out the top three options? What evidence is there to suggest that murder is the case?
*SNIPPED BY ME*
IMO........
LE has not put out any alerts that there is a threat to citizens - either by another human or an animal.

Outside of an older picture, there has been zero description of her released by LE: height, weight, hair color, eye color, any other identifiable information such as tats or glasses, so people can be on the lookout for her.

There is no search for her outside of the immediate area - not even a search in Indiana. The family is not even searching anywhere. One semi-plea and it completely wonky in every sense of the word.

An accident? LE would have search teams - even the public - out looking of her, if evidence/information they have was leaning in that direction.
LE is super tight lipped - which more than likely means the unnamed suspect/POI is known - and they are gathering enough info to successfully prosecute.

That is enough for me (and I am sure others) to believe LE does not believe those 3 are options.

So, in return, what rules out murder to you? What evidence is there to suggest that kidnapping, accident or voluntarily missing is an option.

There was likely online church. Ours is doing that via YouTube live. Anyone in IT - is there a way to track who’s viewing the service online? Or alternatively, if Suzanne watched from her computer and LE has it, they can they track her most recent online activity. We also do giving online during the service (although this can be done anytime not just during live service) and if she did give that’s trackable financially.

LE certainly focused immediately on one person in MOO although they have now released the home back to her family. Chaffee County sheriff release's Suzanne Morphew's home to the family

Of the three scenarios (abduction, family member, or lost in the woods) all of them have difficulties.

Abduction: in the right place at the right time and get back to the road without anyone seeing or hearing anything?

Family Member: Planting a bike and other personal items without being seen, no risk of being detected early by unanswered texts or emails or phone calls or kids coming back unexpected, alibi that can be checked out?

Lost in the woods: so close to your actual home, no trace, on a trail you have been down hundreds of times?

This may sound VERY crazy, but@Dave F. wanted new ideas and I just sat back and just cleared my head of what we so called know right now.

Is it possible that Suzanne did go for a bike ride, possibly with someone else (or someone followed her behind a distance without her knowing), something happened at the spot where her bike was found, and she tried to run back to her home for safety or to call LE?

Perhaps this could explain a personal item being found 2000 feet from her home- maybe while trying to run home, something fell off, or the suspect caught up to her and there was a struggle, to which the item fell off.

It's just one thought I came up with and is probably useless, haha. I have another useless idea in my head, just got to put it into words later- still trying to work it out.

There was likely online church. Ours is doing that via YouTube live. Anyone in IT - is there a way to track who’s viewing the service online? Or alternatively, if Suzanne watched from her computer and LE has it, they can document can they track her most recent online activity. We also do giving online during the service (although this can be done anytime not just during live service) and if she did give that’s trackable financially.

It would likely be very simple for them to check Suzanne's browser history to see if her activity included online church on Sunday, or if there was even any activity at all on her devices those days.

Wow.
The husband admits Suzanne was not well prior to and during the move to CO.
From the link in the quoted section in your post... Suzanne was "...not feeling well...", i.e. no bike ride ?
Imo.
No, this is not accurate. According to the article, the Indiana-based source (who knew the family) said that "...Suzanne’s cancer had returned around the time the family was preparing to move to Colorado in 2018, and that she “was not doing well” at that time." BM did not state this.

Also note the article states that "CrimeOnline cannot independently verify claims about Suzanne Morphew’s medical history."

BBM

Last edited:
IMO........
LE has not put out any alerts that there is a threat to citizens - either by another human or an animal.

Outside of an older picture, there has been zero description of her released by LE: height, weight, hair color, eye color, any other identifiable information such as tats or glasses, so people can be on the lookout for her.

There is no search for her outside of the immediate area - not even a search in Indiana. The family is not even searching anywhere. One semi-plea and it completely wonky in every sense of the word.

An accident? LE would have search teams - even the public - out looking of her, if evidence/information they have was leaning in that direction.
LE is super tight lipped - which more than likely means the unnamed suspect/POI is known - and they are gathering enough info to successfully prosecute.

That is enough for me (and I am sure others) to believe LE does not believe those 3 are options.

So, in return, what rules out murder to you? What evidence is there to suggest that kidnapping, accident or voluntarily missing is an option.
This ^^^^
Re. your bolded: I agree.
This is the first 'missing persons' case where zero description was given of the missing person or anything connected to them (color and type of phone, bike, shoes, etc.)
The continued silence of family except a 25 second video, and a brief statement from Suzanne's family expressing doubt about a bike ride -- speak volumes !

I'm of the opinion that Suzanne's family knew if she was feeling well enough to handle mountain trail biking.
I myself have biked on a bike path situated on a former railroad... easy, flat trails with barely any incline.
And was somewhat tired out after only 5 miles.

Mountain biking along the trails she would've traversed are more challenging.
I don't think there was any 'bike ride'.
MOO

Last edited:
This may sound VERY crazy, but@Dave F. wanted new ideas and I just sat back and just cleared my head of what we so called know right now.

Is it possible that Suzanne did go for a bike ride, possibly with someone else (or someone followed her behind a distance without her knowing), something happened at the spot where her bike was found, and she tried to run back to her home for safety or to call LE?

Perhaps this could explain a personal item being found 2000 feet from her home- maybe while trying to run home, something fell off, or the suspect caught up to her and there was a struggle, to which the item fell off.

It's just one thought I came up with and is probably useless, haha. I have another useless idea in my head, just got to put it into words later- still trying to work it out.

It is a good possibility. I once participated in a one-time interview with a woman who had survived being attacked on a Denver sidewalk by a serial killer, early in his career. I was astounded at how, even though she had been hit on the head hard enough to still have noticeable brain injuries forty years later, she was able to move the scene of the crime twice, in attempts to escape.
Frankly, in developing my theory, that possibility didn't occur to me. Sometimes we all just don't see. Thanks for some excellent insight! IMO

BBM- I believe her too, no doubt JC is telling the truth. She is obviously an excellent neighbor, not a peep out of her in the media. That's very honorable in this day & age.

IMO, she was contacted by the daughter(s) and told about the bike ride. IMO, the daughter(s) received that suggestion/information from BM.

My basis for not believing she went on a bike ride comes straight from CCSO. The only time a bike ride was mentioned was in the May 11th & May 13th press releases.

There have been 15 subsequent press releases since May 13th, not one of them mentions a bike ride or even a bike for that matter. If LE felt this was key in Suzanne's disappearance, wouldn't they reference it in their press releases?
BBM-
I feel the same way--the only reason the neighbor said anything about a bike ride is because it was "mentioned" or "Suggested" to her.
To add to the BOLDED part -- there has been mention in the news that NO ONE actually SAW her on a bike.

True but no real way to show it was physically her who used the browser. MOO
That ^^^^
Ita.
We also don't know who was at the home besides Suzanne.
A family member said the husband was away in Denver, and this rumor was picked up by the (sometimes irresponsible *gasp* ) mainstream media.
The firefighter chief said as far as he knows, there were no fire fighter training activities planned that holiday weekend.
So if in Denver, what else was going on ?
Probably not landscaping.
Where does that leave us ?
MOO

Probably. When I sign up for a live (zoomed) Yoga class, I am greeted by the instructor. She knows who is there.

BBM-
I feel the same way--the only reason the neighbor said anything about a bike ride is because it was "mentioned" or "Suggested" to her.
To add to the BOLDED part -- there has been mention in the news that NO ONE actually SAW her on a bike.

I do not believe that the named informant who told the DM that no one saw her leave on her bike ride is connected to this case in any way and was just expressing her own opinion based on what she had read. The informant has the same surname as a family friend, and is one of the 5.7 million bona fide residents of Colorado. IMO

It is a good possibility. I once participated in a one-time interview with a woman who had survived being attacked on a Denver sidewalk by a serial killer, early in his career. I was astounded at how, even though she had been hit on the head hard enough to still have noticeable brain injuries forty years later, she was able to move the scene of the crime twice, in attempts to escape.
Frankly, in developing my theory, that possibility didn't occur to me. Sometimes we all just don't see. Thanks for some excellent insight! IMO
Thank you. What inspired that thought in my head- a friend and I were hiking a small mountain. On the way back, a Mamma Bear was irritated at us and started chasing us. We were at that point taking the same path we came up. She was fast, so he screamed to me- "we need to separate, run through the trees!" Of course, Mamma Bear followed me. I don't know to this day how I did it, but I outran my friend down that mountain and the bear stopped following me, when I don't know, because I wasn't going to turn around. He was a cross country and track star, I was not. He was astounded that I made it down the mountain before he did.

Sometimes fear can make you run faster through areas you would never picture yourself going through, if you're being pursued. I have no idea as to whether or not where her personal item was found near her home was in an area that she may have been running through to possibly get home or try to get help.

Again, this could be just way out there, but sometimes way out ideas can lead to other ideas that may fit with what may have happened to someone in a case like this.

LE certainly focused immediately on one person in MOO although they have now released the home back to her family. Chaffee County sheriff release's Suzanne Morphew's home to the family

Of the three scenarios (abduction, family member, or lost in the woods) all of them have difficulties.

Abduction: in the right place at the right time and get back to the road without anyone seeing or hearing anything?

Family Member: Planting a bike and other personal items without being seen, no risk of being detected early by unanswered texts or emails or phone calls or kids coming back unexpected, alibi that can be checked out?

Lost in the woods: so close to your actual home, no trace, on a trail you have been down hundreds of times?

I was just thinking of similarities between some men that murder their wives and Fiancé. Scott Peterson drove a truck was an outdoor fertilizer salesman, Chris Watts drove a truck was a field operator for Anadarko Petroleum. Patrick Frazee drove a truck was a hard working rancher. All were having an affair. All these couples appeared in photos to be very happy and in love. All the women were good to the killers and took good care of them.

JMO MOO My number #1 POI is Barry he drives a truck, a landscaper, and a volunteer fireman. My guess is she wanted out perhaps a divorce and he didn’t want his loving image ruined and exposed to their small community. Also, the expense of paying family support, and all the finances hit hard by a divorce especially if they were already having financial struggles. I wonder if they had good medical insurance as cancer treatments are very costly and she went through it twice. I’m sure once he moves back in his empty house alone with his vehicle returned which will most likely have a GPS tracking device installed by LE he will be under heavy surveillance 24/7. LE will patiently watch his every move see who enters and exits the home and his travels. Often times the killers will revisit where they buried or placed the body for whatever reason. Animals digging up etc. Scott Peterson revisited area he tossed Laci’s body. He was finally arrested 4 mo after his beautiful wife Laci went missing on Dec 24th 2002. Laci’s body was found washed ashore near where he went fishing on April 18th he was arrested on April 19th.

JMO

I do not believe that the named informant who told the DM that no one saw her leave on her bike ride is connected to this case in any way and was just expressing her own opinion based on what she had read. The informant has the same surname as a family friend, and is one of the 5.7 million bona fide residents of Colorado. IMO
Ahhh--- Gotcha !!!
Thanks for the reminder of where that came from.
I have seen it in multiple news releases, including Crime Online and forgot where the source came from in my hurried attempt to post while on lunch break :)

They were not included in the list of agencies that joined in the search. Do you know that they were specifically ordered NOT to search?

Here's my take on it and just my opinion.

It's two fold.

(IMO) First, the husband's co-workers wanted to help search. I find this admirable, people in many cases want to help, do something. However, LE was not asking for any volunteer searchers to help, even firefighters. In this case, it was no different than telling Joe Public, thanks but no thanks. Participation is by LE request only.

Second, I believe Fire Departments might be on scene as more of a support role when ground pounders are actually out in the event a searcher (as an example) needs medical attention. They are on standby during these coordinated searches.

Now, saying that, it's also possible that LE did not want the husband's Fire Department involved to keep them away from any sensitive information that was being discussed at briefings. This is low on my list of reasons but I'll put it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member