Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the furnishings in the Zillow photos, I think it's about 99% probable we are seeing professionally staged photos, so the decor and furniture doesn't reflect at all on the Morphews. IMO MOO

Judging by the clothes SM and her daughters wear, I would say that many of the furnishings in the IN house reflect SM's personal style. They may have been edited by a staging company, though. The great room has the appearance of a mountain lodge and the furniture seems to be in keeping with the scenery outside: oversized couches, lots of beams and a few antlers.

The pictures of the CO home look quite dated to me and may be the style of the previous owners.

I live in the southern most tip of Muskoka. Post and beam homes are very popular in cottage country because they perfectly reflect the landscape. Even mid-century modern aficionados seem to want to furnish these homes with antique sleighs, live-edge dining tables, big comfy leather chairs and antler chandeliers.

What's your theory, then?

As far as I see it, if she's alive she either did a runner, or she's being held by someone out of a horror movie who is interested in something other than ransom money.

A runner from what? Her children and family? Her Church? Her bank account? She tossed her bike in the middle of nowhere and ran way through the mountainous forest? This seems unlikely.

As for being held as a prisoner, most abduction victims are deceased within 3 hours. Although this refers to children, stats are probably similar for adults.

"In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours."​

Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

Judging by the clothes SM and her daughters wear, I would say that many of the furnishings in the IN house reflect SM's personal style. They may have been edited by a staging company, though. The great room has the appearance of a mountain lodge and the furniture seems to be in keeping with the scenery outside: oversized couches, lots of beams and a few antlers.

The pictures of the CO home look quite dated to me and may be the style of the previous owners.

I live in the southern most tip of Muskoka. Post and beam homes are very popular in cottage country because they perfectly reflect the landscape. Even mid-century modern aficionados seem to want to furnish these homes with antique sleighs, live-edge dining tables, big comfy leather chairs and antler chandeliers.

Interesting Comments! I had impression they built CO house, will read to find out. Perhaps the furnishings are from the IN home. It is expensive to acquire new home, perhaps new furniture was lower priority than other items.
The IN home was staged w/ furnishings to enhance a very nice home, they did not look lived in. IMO

BBM:

I gotta be honest:

If I won the lottery next week and had 1.75 mil to drop on a house, the last thing I'd be looking for is something with that rustic, "I shot Bambi's Daddy" look they have going on in that there Colorado spread.

I'm sure there are some women who love that style.
Like art, architectural taste is subjective.
Right, @otto?

But I didn't see any FB pics of SM hunting.
She may have loved that house.
But then again, she may not have...in fact, she may not have been the one who wanted to move out to CO in the first place.

We don't know what we don't know.

I do wonder if she was homesick for Indiana, and her friends/family back there.

JMO.

Last edited:
A runner from what? Her children and family? Her Church? Her bank account? She tossed her bike in the middle of nowhere and ran way through the mountainous forest? This seems unlikely.

As for being held as a prisoner, most abduction victims are deceased within 3 hours. Although this refers to children, stats are probably similar for adults.

"In 76 percent of the missing children homicide cases studied, the child was dead within three hours of the abduction–and in 88.5 percent of the cases the child was dead within 24 hours."
Child Abduction Murder Research | Washington State

That was my point - OP opined that SM is still alive and I can see two (unlikely) scenarios for that to be true - she either left on her own, or is being held by someone living out their own horror movie fantasy. There is an entire genre of movies where victims are abducted and used for the psychological enjoyment of the abductor.

We have no idea whether BM actually went to Denver that weekend. There has been no verification of that from LE. We don't know whether any evidence supports him driving anywhere that weekend. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Salida to Denver. What if BM did travel that weekend but went in another direction. There's so many places an individual could drive. There was a fire in the White River National Forest several days before SM was reported missing. We have no idea how long SM has been missing only when it was reported. Officially she's been missing 19 days. It could be much longer than that.

Waiting until the media coverage died down would be pretty stupid, because you want as much coverage as possible as soon as possible. Waiting a week is completely ridiculous if he really wants his wife back.

JMO
I agree which is why the "too soon" comment did not make any sense to me. What better time to ask for help in finding her than immediately as soon as she went missing.

Time is always critical in trying to find a missing person and especially right at first when a person first goes missing. It just made no sense at all to me.

If a person is too upset at the beginning then usually they have another immediate family member plea for them. I did not get a sense that happened in this case even after the nephew's comments. I never got a sense he was the official spokesperson for the husband.
Im pretty sure he never said he was either.

BBM:

I gotta be honest:

If I won the lottery next week and had 1.75 mil to drop on a house, the last thing I'd be looking for is something with that rustic, "I shot Bambi's Daddy" look they have going on in that there Colorado spread.

I'm sure there are some women who love that style, and really, taste is subjective.

I just don't see SM falling in love with it, either...I didn't see any FB pics of her hunting.

I wonder if she was homesick for Indiana, and her friends/family back there.

JMO.
Well they came from Indiana, Barry is a hunter, the daughter wants a mountain man and they live in the colorado mountains. Thats the decor in the area just like if you go to new york you would expect to find some red brick somewhere.

Well they came from Indiana, Barry is a hunter, the daughter wants a mountain man and they live in the colorado mountains. Thats the decor in the area just like if you go to new york you would expect to find some red brick somewhere.
BBM:

Exactly.

"Barry is a hunter."
I saw no photos of SM hunting on her FB.

What about Suzanne?
What about her preferences, her likes, her interests?

If we're going off of what we know, we'd have to conclude that BM's likes and preferences were literally front and center in their home.

Quite the display.

JMO.

Last edited:
I am not current on information but if there's a chance she is alive and ok. I would try to do a happy dance. When reading the post a few names came to mind. The world thought they were passed. Years later tho they were found. If being held against her will. I really want them to find her quickly. It's hurts my heart to see happening more and more. Lots of us I have said no someone couldn't have. Only find out yes they did. I am really holding on to the feeling that people dragged a person through mud and back again. Stands free from involvement. It would be amazing if she just showed up alive. People would tear her apart in the public eye. I wouldn't I would be very thankful she is alive and her children have their mom back. The main Goal is for her to be found alive. The rest of it is their personal life. I know that I am dreaming but never hurts to dream right. ( I had surgery it might be the medication talking too. Who knows but I like the happy ending in my thoughts)

Re the furnishings in the Zillow photos, I think it's about 99% probable we are seeing professionally staged photos, so the decor and furniture doesn't reflect at all on the Morphews. IMO MOO
I think the decor is all Suzanne's, not staged. Beds are not perfectly made like stagers would, there are some personal items in bathrooms, and I see a large photo of SM and BM ( I think) in the master bedroom, again, the bed is not made by the professional stager. I see more photos in other rooms. Professional stager will never display any type of family photos in house on the market. #1 rule.

Those photos likely have been taken shortly before the house was listed in March 2018.

Myself- I've been curious as to how they could afford two mortgages at the same time while waiting for their home in Indiana to sell, which happened over a year and some months later. We're not talking two small 2 bedroom 1 bath homes here. I am just willing to be that if a certain person does become a POI or suspect, that there are several on here ready to elaborate on this very subject. We can't now, though.

With the information that is available (Her father owning or once owning a very successful restaurant), my gut us telling me she is the one with the money. Possibly father gave children inheritances after their mother's passing and sale of restaurant?

BBM:

I gotta be honest:

I'm sure there are some women who love that style.
Like art, architectural taste is subjective.
Right, @otto?

I didn't see any FB pics of SM hunting.
She may have loved that house, but then again, she may not have been the one who wanted to move there in the first place.
We don't know what we don't know.

I do wonder if she was homesick for Indiana, and her friends/family back there.

JMO.
Good thought! As a somewhat recent "transplant" (as they like to call us in Colorado) I wonder also about how many people really knew SM in Colorado. It's tough to meet people here because so many have moved here in the last couple of years. As I have found, people are not happy with the huge influx of transplants to the state. It's really a thing here! And I can say that $1.5 million for a home is very normal. It does not say wealth. If anything, they found a deal because it appears to be alot of house and IMO no mountain views from inside the home. If a person was staying mostly in doors they would feel like they were in any state and would need to go for bike rides or hikes to get out and be reminded they are near the mountains. JMO.

Interesting Comments! I had impression they built CO house, will read to find out. Perhaps the furnishings are from the IN home. It is expensive to acquire new home, perhaps new furniture was lower priority than other items.
The IN home was staged w/ furnishings to enhance a very nice home, they did not look lived in. IMO
It looks like they did build the Colorado house, taking out the initial permit in 2008. The older daughter would have been nine years old.
In my opinion, the contrary stories are just so much hooey. Just because someone says it, and someone prints it; doesn't necessarily prove it's accurate or factual. IMO

The link lands on the search site. You have to go on their own from there. All of the information needed for search is in the picture provided here.
Building Department Permit Search Home

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-29 Building Department Permit Detail.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-29 Building Department Permit Detail.png
    981.9 KB · Views: 155
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors