Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had suspicions that from day 1 LE has been investigating this as a criminal homicide. (Involvement of agencies, immediate large search parties, FBI evidence recovery, lack of public information, no MP protocol) I also suspect they have a POI/suspect that they are not tipping their hand to.
However, something that I find alarming is why would they release the home and allow the “family” to return? If BM is a POI, wouldn’t they be concerned for the safety of MM? I know one article said they didn’t know where they were and they were being “protected”. <modsnip: Discussing whereabouts of daughters is off limits unless in MSM>

Anyone have insight here?

Last edited by a moderator:
People thought in Kelseys case that the prosecution had nothing but the word of KK...I remember reading so much doubt about the strength of the case, and how it was not going to be an easy one to prove because there was “nothing else”. Then it went to trial and we the public became actually privy to the facts and how much evidence the prosecution had all along. It was the slam dunk-iest case in some time.

What we don’t know does not equate what reality is. Quite the opposite.

I am currently working on a rather high profile cold case murder, which I won’t name for now. There is SO much going on in this case and I bet there are people who’ve forgotten entirely that it even exists, because you won’t hear a peep from us, and as a result, the media. WE DONT LIKE TO TALK. I can’t stress this enough. Why would I show my hand?? And in my case we already have an arrest. So we’re on far more solid ground than this three-week-old investigation.

Patience. It will come to light when it’s ready.
Thank you for that perspective.

If the evidence LE have thus far gleaned from the likely crime scenes (both house and location of bike and other personal belongings), indicated an abduction, this investigation would not have taken the direction it has. We can’t even imagine what evidence they already possess. They are not obligated to “Joe Public” to release anything. And, they haven’t. Good on them. What I do recall, from another case where the SO “appeared” shady, they cleared him within the week. If LE here could do this, I have no doubt they would, to quell the rumours for the sake of the children especially. Time will tell if there was any substance to them. MOO

Maybe the bicycle aspect of SM's disappearance does figure into it. Perhaps there is damage to the bike that suggests a motor vehicle hit it and paint transference has already been established to identify make, model and year, so they know they are looking at something more than a panicked anonymous motorist who took off but someone closer to home.

I have had suspicions that from day 1 LE has been investigating this as a criminal homicide. (Involvement of agencies, immediate large search parties, FBI evidence recovery, lack of public information, no MP protocol) I also suspect they have a POI/suspect that they are not tipping their hand to.
However, something that I find alarming is why would they release the home and allow the “family” to return? If BM is a POI, wouldn’t they be concerned for the safety of MM? I know one article said they didn’t know where they were and they were being “protected”. I have however, read conflicting info that they returned as a family.

Yeah, this is exactly how a homicide case would be handled, which is why I have been convinced of the same.

I think everyone’s mind goes to Josh Powell, and what he did to his kids after they were returned to him. This situation couldn’t be more different though, and even if there was a level of concern on the part of LE, they probably couldn’t do much about it anyway.

Lots of murder suspects retain custody of their children while they are under investigation, and you need a compelling reason for CPS to take action (in regards to the minor child).

It’s probably less than ideal, but I don’t think there’s much danger here if they are all together.

Unless the killer confesses I don't believe Suzanne’s body will be found.
I think it was premeditated and the killer believed his plan was foolproof.
When he is arrested it will be interesting to see what his biggest mistake was.

BBM.

If that was the case, why has LE not released any information regarding the vehicle used? A car/bike accident would leave a lot of debris on the road,including some not seen by the naked eye. Also, LE is often able to match paint flecks and tiny bits of a car to a specific make and model. Why would LE not release that information to find the vehicle involved?

And who would deliberately crash into her and why? To what purpose?

MOO
Not necessarily, what if they maneuvered into the bridge or simply a rough patch of road?. I agree w/ you on the debris from an encounter, but even on the CSI 45 minutes tv episodes that took some time to narrow down to a random stalker or stranger...

However, something that I find alarming is why would they release the home and allow the “family” to return? If BM is a POI, wouldn’t they be concerned for the safety of MM? I know one article said they didn’t know where they were and they were being “protected”. I have however, read conflicting info that they returned as a family.

I’m sure we would all like to know if daughters are at home with dad. I thought we aren’t allowed to discuss them? Well if they DID bug the house and if they ARE all there maybe that will help the investigation. I don’t think they would be in danger from him anyway especially now. Moo

I’m saving these posts and will quote them in the future - both are some of the most informative posts I’ve read in all my years at WS - thank you
JMO
I think these 2 posts should start a sleuthing thread, w/ section for WS coined words and phrases such as scoopie diggie thingie, slamdunkiest, stepthang, and many more...hmmmm, we could work up code to avoid mod snips ( just kidding, sb, you keep us civil)JMO.

Unless the killer confesses I don't believe Suzanne’s body will be found.
I think it was premeditated and the killer believed his plan was foolproof.
When he is arrested it will be interesting to see what his biggest mistake was.
One thing that isn’t happening, interviews showing only the back of the interviewee’s head, so there aren’t a lot of self incriminating statements for us to sleuthJMO

"Reportedly" was in the May 11th LE Press release. "Investigation revealed" was in the May 13th LE press release.

May 11: "Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home."

Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

May 13: "Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home."

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff
"Investigation revealed" could also mean "reportedly". We don't know who LE got the information from.

Yeah, this is exactly how a homicide case would be handled, which is why I have been convinced of the same.

I think everyone’s mind goes to Josh Powell, and what he did to his kids after they were returned to him. This situation couldn’t be more different though, and even if there was a level of concern on the part of LE, they probably couldn’t do much about it anyway.

Lots of murder suspects retain custody of their children while they are under investigation, and you need a compelling reason for CPS to take action (in regards to the minor child).

It’s probably less than ideal, but I don’t think there’s much danger here if they are all together.

All very good points, thank you. It is certainly less than optimal. MOO, the girls lived elsewhere for the very reasons their whereabouts are unknown and they are currently being protected. Information quoted in prior MSM articles.

DBM

Last edited:
When I walk around my block, it's 2,270 ft. I could do it in 2,126 ft, but I like to veer wide around one corner to avoid a neighbor that I dislike. I agree, though, that in many cities it would be six blocks. IMO
Sq footage vs linear foot, actually if you took basic block, figured sq ft, then did linear walk around perimeter, which brings up the large lots, Is it possible neighbor found bike on her way to check in SM? Personal item could have been significant enough to raise alarm...JMO/speculation/ whatever.

Sq footage vs linear foot, actually if you took basic block, figured sq ft, then did linear walk around perimeter, which brings up the large lots, Is it possible neighbor found bike on her way to check in SM? Personal item could have been significant enough to raise alarm...JMO/speculation/ whatever.

This was my speculation exactly, it’s somewhere in one of the threads. It explains several odd behaviors! MOO :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53