Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eleven years. Should have been solved a decade ago, and those responsible should be dead or wasting away in prison with no chance for parole. Still hoping for resolution. I'm here for the duration either way.

This website is so important for so many reasons but one reason that I love is the fact that even though the media is quick to move from case to case and let the world forget about so many of these cases, we will always be here. Waiting and remembering all of these people

As we have all researched this case for years I just have to ask are you a friend of the Ts?

Shhhh. You should have let this one play out.

I read in disbelief somebody is refering to robbing McDonalds and shooting an employee twice as nothing.... Let's split 3 hamburgers, let me scratch my ear, I just walked from bedroom to bathroom, I just baked 2 cakes... I just robbed McDonalds and shot the employee twice. it is nothing. Ordinary day.

Shhhh. You should have let this one play out.

I read in disbelief somebody is refering to robbing McDonalds and shooting an employee twice as nothing.... Let's split 3 hamburgers, let me scratch my ear, I just walked from bedroom to bathroom, I just baked 2 cakes... I just robbed McDonalds and shot the employee twice. it is nothing. Ordinary day.
you are so right :)

I'm not really all that familiar with this case but I could see something like this working. I do know the victim was abducted from Myrtle Beach and supposedly held at a residence for awhile. If LE was to use a method such as this one I'm sure the Myrtle Beach area would produce a huge amount of numbers but on the other hand if the residence was in a rural area
( I think it was but not sure) then that should balance it back out. If they could match a number from these two areas and in the right timeframes it could be a good lead. JMO.

I'm not really all that familiar with this case but I could see something like this working. I do know the victim was abducted from Myrtle Beach and supposedly held at a residence for awhile. If LE was to use a method such as this one I'm sure the Myrtle Beach area would produce a huge amount of numbers but on the other hand if the residence was in a rural area
( I think it was but not sure) then that should balance it back out. If they could match a number from these two areas and in the right timeframes it could be a good lead. JMO.

BUT WILL THEY , everything in me says there is a reason this is not solved , I'm just glad the FBI has the case , I can send another email to the FBI not sure if they ever get really really read, you do get a return email if your leaving a tip but its automated.

BUT WILL THEY , everything in me says there is a reason this is not solved , I'm just glad the FBI has the case , I can send another email to the FBI not sure if they ever get really really read, you do get a return email if your leaving a tip but its automated.
If LE obtained those records and still have them, they could send them to FBI for expert review and see if they can find anything they missed before.

First off, welcome to this thread, and to Websleuths, and thanks for contributing to the conversation.
The tower and cell phone data was discussed in length back in 2010. I would assume attempts were made back then to identify synchronous movements of other cell phones with Brittanee’s. However, part of the problem is the people suspected of being involved in her disappearance are career criminals, and I think it’s unlikely they have cell numbers under their own names, or that they keep the same number for any length of time. Proving a connection between a certain phone number to a certain individual in that area may be difficult, but not impossible. In any case I do agree with you that cellular data will likely play a significant role in this case if we ever get to trials.

First off, welcome to this thread, and to Websleuths, and thanks for contributing to the conversation.
The tower and cell phone data was discussed in length back in 2010. I would assume attempts were made back then to identify synchronous movements of other cell phones with Brittanee’s. However, part of the problem is the people suspected of being involved in her disappearance are career criminals, and I think it’s unlikely they have cell numbers under their own names, or that they keep the same number for any length of time. Proving a connection between a certain phone number to a certain individual in that area may be difficult, but not impossible. In any case I do agree with you that cellular data will likely play a significant role in this case if we ever get to trials.
I wish I could remember which thread it was on there was a cell phone attached to ST at that time it had a Washington state area code I gave it to Dawn , Monica and Chad , dawn gave it to the agent it was shortly after they had the big 2016 press conference and Dawn by message she messaged me back that it was new info to her. ill look and see if I can figure out which thread by date

I think this Tower Dump approach can potentially find more leads or suspects not already in their radar... I wouldn't rule out anything and limit to just current list of suspects.

Another thought.... reviewing the timeline, it seems victim was last seen around 9PM in Myrtle Beach, and last cell phone ping around 12am, which is 1 hour drive. So that would give around 2 hours near the last ping area. If they searched the Tower Dump records, and rule out the people that live there and the people driving through, and look at the remaining numbers just "hanging around" such remote area within the 2 hour period... i.e. why would someone out of town be hanging around there. That to me would raise a flag. I just hope that LE looked at these angles.

Last edited:
oh gosh Sorry DaveKingO115 Yes what QPR said :) WELCOME (that makes me the rude one LOL)

I think this Tower Dump approach can potentially find more leads or suspects not already in their radar... I wouldn't rule out anything and limit to just current list of suspects.

Another thought.... reviewing the timeline, it seems victim was last seen around 9PM in Myrtle Beach, and last cell phone ping around 12am, which is 1 hour drive. So that would give around 2 hours near the last ping area. If they searched the Tower Dump records, and rule out the people that live there and the people driving through, and look at the remaining numbers just "hanging around" such remote area within the 2 hour period... i.e. why would someone out of town be hanging around there. That to me would raise a flag. I just hope that LE looked at these angles.

Except they weren't from out of town and their cell was usually in that area. She literally disappeared in their backyard or that's the last place she pinged right by the Santee river.

Except they weren't from out of town and their cell was usually in that area. She literally disappeared in their backyard or that's the last place she pinged right by the Santee river.

Thanks for the warm welcome... I guess I have a lot to catch up on.

I still would not rule out this Tower Dump method... If it already helped one case, and perhaps many other cases, what is is the harm in giving it a try in this case even though nothing comes out of it. I think LE owes it to victim and her family to try every avenue. It's been 10 years... one more day of review is not gonna hurt. If it was my child and came across this novel approach I would want to ask them all the questions about it and see if they have done their homework. They may already have looked at it, but I would say to look again with a fresh set of eyes. You can easily miss a number or two when you are looking at thousands of them.

Also previously, someone mentioned these suspects are smart and would not have used cell phones and have it register in the nearby towers. I would argue against this theory since clearly they were dumb enough to leave the victim's phone on that provided the last ping. Perhaps there were some dumb accomplices that made calls to their girlfriends or mothers from the same tower saying that they would be back late that night... and their ping got recorded in this Tower Dump as well. This could be the missing link we are all looking for.

Another thought regarding this.... you are right that if the suspect's homes or hang out areas were served by the same tower, then it would be hard to implicate them as their alibi would be that they were home. But... in case they are served by a different tower, but their phones were pinging ftom the same tower as the victim, during the same two hour period... then you could ask them what were you doing there at wee hours coincidentally around the same time and place as the victim.

That is why I would want some expert in this area to review the records. Perhaps even call the detectectives that solved other case using Tower Dump and see if they can help.

Tower Dump method

i have actually performed this on a tower before ( not in the USA), there is quite a few variables to consider when this is done and time frame can be one of them

i have no idea of the state regulations for Carolina neither do i know what the retention records are like

but we are talking about a case from 10 or so years a go, can anyone confirm they performed this tower dump and have the records or you are just saying "it could be done'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419