Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local county numbers are getting better despite proximity to NYC. The virus confirmed hospitalization history graph is especially encouraging. Now that businesses are opening my interest is whether the numbers decrease or start increasing again. Hoping for the best but planning for the worse.

ArcGIS Dashboards

A word to the wise: I am ordering paper products on-line- and guess what i am finding, at least at Walmart? yesterday all toilet paper products were available, today many of Charmin products are out of stock. also i wanted to have Bounty delivered to my home but they won't deliver it, you have to go to the store. I believe with the cases upticking and a second wave expected, people are beginning to stock up. I know the supermarket and drugstores around my house have small packages of toilet paper and they are all expensive as well. Just sayin'

my drug stores never restocked that I could tell
Walmart and fav grocery store have had them

I'm jealous of your hairstyle and I can't even see it. I've tried that more layered look a couple of times, but my hair is so fine and lacking body (yet wavy) that it won't do anything but lie flat.

So all I have to do is take the scissors and trim the ends and have my DH do the back, where there is a small curve.

ETA: Someone would make a killing with disposable masks that had light adhesive and no loops, just for hair salons.
A salon owner was having those made for her clients. An article was posted on it a while back. I remember being surprised that they stayed on.

I'm thinking about purchasing a 3M Half-Face Respirator. By any chance is someone familiar with these? Would they be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time?

My understanding is that it is very effective at preventing you from inhaling particles, but much less so in terms of you transmitting them.

my Amazon order of masks never came and I'm having trouble sourcing more
lots of cloth ones available but I want either the surgical or N95's if possible
I might get some cloth ones anyway
Get yourself a couple of cloth masks with filter pockets and nose wire and buy a roll of blue shop towels for filters just so you’ve got something if what you want isn’t available at some point. Some weeks back I posted a link or two in the mask making thread to the kind of masks I would buy.

I'm thinking about purchasing a 3M Half-Face Respirator. By any chance is someone familiar with these? Would they be comfortable to wear for extended periods of time?

My understanding is that it is very effective at preventing you from inhaling particles, but much less so in terms of you transmitting them.
I am aware of them. I'll ask around and if get some info I will certainly let you know.

I made a call to someone I know has worn them for several hrs. at a time. Light not heavy. They do fit really snug, as they should. Doesn't find them a bother. Let us know how you make out.

my Amazon order of masks never came and I'm having trouble sourcing more
lots of cloth ones available but I want either the surgical or N95's if possible
I might get some cloth ones anyway
CVS and Walgreens has some masks around here. I had to order from three different companies on Amazon before I finally got a box. Took a month.

Beijing coronavirus outbreak: what can we learn from China’s response to feared ‘second wave’?

Beijing coronavirus outbreak: what can we learn from China’s response to feared ‘second wave’?

James Ashford
9 hrs ago
Beijing has entered a second lockdown after almost 80 new cases of coronavirus were confirmed in the city following more than 50 days without a new infection.
“The risk of the epidemic spreading is very high, so we should take resolute and decisive measures,” a city government spokesperson said on Monday, after announcing that the Chinese capital has entered “an extraordinary period”.
The chief epidemiologist of China’s Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, Zeng Guang, has told state media that the coronavirus strain found in Beijing is not the same as that circulating in the rest of the country.
“It is found that the virus came from Europe and the preliminary assessment is that the virus came from overseas. But it is not clear how the virus came into this market,” added Yang Peng, an epidemiologist with the Beijing city government.
Around 10,000 staff at the Xinfadi market are being tested for Covid-19, and lockdown restrictions were imposed in 11 surrounding neighbourhoods following the closure of the site on Friday.

On Monday, another ten neighbourhoods around the market were restricted, according to state media. No visitors or deliveries are allowed in the affected communities, but residents can come and go.
The number of reported new cases “may not sound huge at the moment”, says the BBC’s China correspondent Stephen McDonnell, but “after more than 50 days with no cases at all, the authorities [in Beijing] are worried this could easily turn into a full-blown coronavirus second wave in the city”.

I'm jealous of those that need hair cuts. I need color terribly bad. I'm going to turn 46 in October. I have a lot of gray around my hairline in the front. No idea about the back. Scared to look.

However, I'll take all the gray hairs that I can because my hair has started thinning at a rapid pace. I don't notice it falling out daily or anything but holy crap I feel like I'm balding.

I realize this is TMI but I'm also in pre menopause ...won't go into details, but I'm sure. So I think that along with the tremendous anxiety I'm feeling is the reason for my hair loss.

I started taking AVG pro. I have no idea if it will do anything .

Might be wig shopping soon :(

Our local TJ Maxx (just recently reopened), had a line of approximately 20 people long, shoulder to shoulder, 50% masked, waiting to get in.
I miss shopping, but there is no way that I would risk getting Covid to do so.

Get yourself a couple of cloth masks with filter pockets and nose wire and buy a roll of blue shop towels for filters just so you’ve got something if what you want isn’t available at some point. Some weeks back I posted a link or two in the mask making thread to the kind of masks I would buy.

I might get some cloth ones from Old Navy as someone suggested but not sure if they have a filter pocket? I don't sew so I haven't read in the mask making thread.

CVS and Walgreens has some masks around here. I had to order from three different companies on Amazon before I finally got a box. Took a month.

I just ordered some more surgical ones from Amazon that are supposedly already in Canadian warehouses so no long waiting period. I paid more but it will be worth it if they get here fast and I don't have to continue to worry that I'll run out of them. I shared my last box with family members and will share this one too. I got a refund on the ones that are lost in transit.

I'm jealous of those that need hair cuts. I need color terribly bad. I'm going to turn 46 in October. I have a lot of gray around my hairline in the front. No idea about the back. Scared to look.

However, I'll take all the gray hairs that I can because my hair has started thinning at a rapid pace. I don't notice it falling out daily or anything but holy crap I feel like I'm balding.

I realize this is TMI but I'm also in pre menopause ...won't go into details, but I'm sure. So I think that along with the tremendous anxiety I'm feeling is the reason for my hair loss.

I started taking AVG pro. I have no idea if it will do anything .

Might be wig shopping soon :(

I lost all my hair in chemo and it's still growing back in so I don't need a haircut. I do need a colour though as it came back in with more gray strands. Menopause is a complete . I've read on these threads quite a few people mentioning they've been losing hair. It must have a connection to stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26