GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot in Wendy’s car park, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 *officer charged*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM- according to the DA you are correct. Two weeks ago he charged 2 officers with using a lethal weapon against 2 college students. The lethal weapon was a police taser.

Exactly!! Actually, 6 officers ended up being charged for that. I am in Atlanta and we were watching the protests live on our local news. The way the DA portrayed that altercation it is NOT what we saw happen as it unfolded on television. What he said in that press conference was in no way accurate.

I will for sure have to wait and see on this. You're taking a still photograph from a very active scene. For all we know the officer is kicking the taser away?! I'm not believing everything we heard today. The officer's life was in danger...should he get tazed then what? 50/50 chance Brooks continues running or he takes his gun from the officer. This guy has a lengthy, violent past and I can't imagine he had good intentions at all especially with the thought of returning to prison. From what I'm aware of and likely in this thread he was on early release from prison on parole due to Covid. Had he not been drinking and driving breaking the law none of this would have even happened! Horrific all the way around. Cops will be quitting...and I don't blame them one bit!

Completely agree!!

I will for sure have to wait and see on this. You're taking a still photograph from a very active scene. For all we know the officer is kicking the taser away?! I'm not believing everything we heard today. The officer's life was in danger...should he get tazed then what? 50/50 chance Brooks continues running or he takes his gun from the officer. This guy has a lengthy, violent past and I can't imagine he had good intentions at all especially with the thought of returning to prison. From what I'm aware of and likely in this thread he was on early release from prison on parole due to Covid. Had he not been drinking and driving breaking the law none of this would have even happened! Horrific all the way around. Cops will be quitting...and I don't blame them one bit!

Completely agree!!

BBM- according to the DA you are correct. Two weeks ago he charged 2 officers with using a lethal weapon against 2 college students. The lethal weapon was a police taser.

Exactly!! Actually, 6 officers ended up being charged for that. I am in Atlanta and we were watching the protests live on our local news. The way the DA portrayed that altercation it is NOT what we saw happen as it unfolded on television. What he said in that press conference was in no way accurate.

2 more Atlanta police officers fired for use of excessive force on college students

I am just shaking my head. Have LE every protested. Maybe they need to protest. This is very sad. If we don't have LE to protect society do we end up with military control? Is this like Marshal Law?

Atlanta, GA — The head of Atlanta’s police union confirmed Wednesday that officers from the Atlanta Police Department in Zones 3 and 6 walked off the job Wednesday afternoon.

Vince Champion, southeast regional director of the International Brotherhood of Police officers, said that police officers had stopped answering calls midshift, in response to charges against Officer Garrett Rolfe who is accused of murdering Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta.

“The union, we would never advocate this. We wouldn’t advocate a blue flu,” Champion said. “We don’t know the numbers. Apparently we’re learning that command staff are asking outlying counties for support and aren’t getting it.”

Decaturish has calls out to public affairs officers in Gwinnett, DeKalb and Cobb counties for confirmation. A message to the spokesperson for Atlanta Police was not immediately returned.

https://decaturish.com/2020/06/atla...rge-against-officer-who-shot-rayshard-brooks/

I'm reading on several law enforcement FB pages that several evening shifts of APD have walked off the job and radio calls are going unanswered. Looking for MSM sources...

You may not find any. The media's not gonna cross the mayor and publicize LE walking off the job. It will make the mayor look bad.

I feel pretty confident the union has advised officers that may be having "stress"or "PTSD" issues the appropriate way to take paid leave. Some officers may be walking off and heading straight to a physician or ER. Yup, happening in other areas as well.

Moo...

I agree. Police are not allowed to strike, but I wouldn't be surprised to see many walking off the job.

I have no doubt that there will be plenty of security positions open, and well paid. The guards where I work, don't have to worry about providing customer service. Or getting complaints. If you don't comply with their rules, you don't enter the building. That is the way it is.

Chose your option.

How do I paste a link to a website address? I have copied the address, but when I hold my finger down in the reply box to paste, nothing happens. I'm using Firefox on an Android phone.
I'm trying to add a link to my post about APD walking off the job from https://decaturish.com

I've had this problem before on Websleuths and never could figure it out. Thank you for your patience with me.

Atlanta, GA — The head of Atlanta’s police union confirmed Wednesday that officers from the Atlanta Police Department in Zones 3 and 6 walked off the job Wednesday afternoon.

Vince Champion, southeast regional director of the International Brotherhood of Police officers, said that police officers had stopped answering calls midshift, in response to charges against Officer Garrett Rolfe who is accused of murdering Rayshard Brooks in Atlanta.

“The union, we would never advocate this. We wouldn’t advocate a blue flu,” Champion said. “We don’t know the numbers. Apparently we’re learning that command staff are asking outlying counties for support and aren’t getting it.”

Decaturish has calls out to public affairs officers in Gwinnett, DeKalb and Cobb counties for confirmation. A message to the spokesperson for Atlanta Police was not immediately returned.

Atlanta Police walkout following murder charge against officer who shot Rayshard Brooks

Thank you, that was the linki was trying to paste, but couldn't.

We had a guy shot here who waved a hammer at officers, no charges against them. I feel this is way out of hand. GF was obviously a better case scenario...and I do agree with the BLM, but this is not a good case scenario. As a parent I can't honestly feel much empathy against a child abuser. MOO IMO. Honestly, I if he had touched my child prison would be the least of his worries.

Just think about how much national media coverage this will attract. Bet we see some folks from Atlanta on morning shows real soon.

Moo

who could blame them? They know they won’t be protected, and it’s literally on the table as punishment to kill one of the officers who was just doing his job. Some of them actually know all these parties. They probably know the GBI had zero say by now, as well.

The GBI came in and cleaned up the Arbery case so will they do the same in this one, with the questionable DA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa