Found Safe AZ - Henri Ramirez-Sanchez, 11, Mesa, 21 June 2020

https://twitter.com/MesaPD/status/1274896577958539264?s=20

•last seen Sunday morning around 11 a.m. in the area of University and Stapley drives in Mesa
•when his family returned home, he was gone
•he had a blue backpack with clothes in it
Henri left his cell phone but locked the home's door

bbm
Take a look at that area --big, busy intersections... , lotsa people and businesses. Scary to think about, as a mother of a once-upon-a-time 11-year old son --now all grown up! Scary.
I don't like that area -- too many cars, people, etc., etc. I admit, I'm a big scaredy-cat, however. Eleven year-olds don't think that way. Wishing they did...

Hoping he'll show up or be brought home soon, soon, soon.
Oh, I hope he is safe and sound with his folks now, if that is a good place for him to be -- good home, good people who know him and love him.
Lots of hopeful thoughts for this handsome boy and his family.

Blue backpack with clothes in it sounds like a runaway situation. I wonder how police know there was clothing in the bag. Perhaps parents were able to identify some clothing items that were missing?

He looks sad in the photo from the article despite holding/playing a guitar.
c23812ac-7d3e-4129-a2de-470f3343fe0e_1140x641.png
I agree with you MissMalowe, Henri looks very sad in that picture. I would even say that he looks hopeless. The picture is posed. He isn’t playing the guitar. I don’t think he is even playing with it. MOO
Here it is again:

upload_2020-6-23_22-53-31.png

with his age, his cell phone located at home, and presumable "runaway" story fed to LE/media, I hate that this reminds me of the Gannon Stauch case.
So hopeful this boy turns up safe and sound hiding at a friend's house or somewhere else comfortable and safe
:(

I agree with you MissMalowe, Henri looks very sad in that picture. I would even say that he looks hopeless. The picture is posed. He isn’t playing the guitar. I don’t think he is even playing with it. MOO
Here it is again:

View attachment 252371
Agree... it is a horribly sad picture.

I don’t get a child picking out a blue button up, blue pants and black shoes to wear on their own.

Is it possible his family was going to church and something happened before and they left him at home? It was Sunday morning. Are churches open there because of Covid?

I guess I'm more concerned over "what" happened that made him feel like leaving was his only option? It could have been anything under the sun, but it was significant to him. Getting the feeling there is a whole lot more to this story than what's being released.

Oh, @Flight154, how I hope you are wrong about this... :( Here comes the "but" part of it...
But we've seen so much to make things like this worry us. I am also bothered by the sad look on young Henri's face in the pic of him with the guitar. That's a worry for me.

Sometimes we find, happily, that we were wrong on "this one." Let this be so this time.

I don’t get a child picking out a blue button up, blue pants and black shoes to wear on their own.

Is it possible his family was going to church and something happened before and they left him at home? It was Sunday morning. Are churches open there because of Covid?
bbm
My thoughts exactly, but like you, @diggndeeperstill, I had my doubts on a church being open for worshippers. If so, perhaps Henri just didn't want to go, so they left him at home (although my parents would've dragged me out the door anyway!).
But it's a possibility.

Mesa, AZ Police Dept FB
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3551447221535536&id=146003455413280&anchor_composer=false

There are nearly 100 comments, but many are unrelated or are about locals printing and distributing his missing posters in the area. No posts appear to be by anyone who personally knows Henri/no additional details.
PD has been good about replying to requests for updates by confirming that he is still missing.

Edited to add: Mesa PD Twitter
https://www.twitter.com/MesaPD/status/1274896577958539264

Sunday the 21st was Fathers Day, I wonder if there is any significance to his disappearing that day.

Last edited:
I live at Stapley and Main St, 1/2 mile from Henri. There have been no updates with new information. I find that strange because if he was on foot he would appear on business cams on the main streets and/or ring doorbell cams in the neighborhood. Sadly, it seems this investigation may be going in a different direction.

I live at Stapley and Main St, 1/2 mile from Henri. There have been no updates with new information. I find that strange because if he was on foot he would appear on business cams on the main streets and/or ring doorbell cams in the neighborhood. Sadly, it seems this investigation may be going in a different direction.
After reading the description of where he was last seen, I wondered if video footage from businesses or street/lights have been viewed.

I think the news here is awful, too. They run a story once, then move on to the next murder. This is an 11 yr old child. What the Mesa police are getting into trouble for runs more often than a missing child. Very sad!
The times have changed so much. I would have never had dreamed of running away for more than 5 minutes at age 11. Now, these kids have become so street smart. It would not surprise me if he left the phone on his own accord. I hope Henri is in a safe place!

I believe that the churches are open. I am telling on myself... I don't attend church regularly... but pretty much everything that didn't go under is open here if they choose to do so. Probably why we are having such huge numbers with the virus right now.

Just found this thread. I, too, found it odd that the way he was dressed would have been of his own choosing unless he was going to church or a school with uniforms. But neither sounds like the case. In such a heavily trafficked area and I assume a heavily video recorded area (I would think, hope) that there’s not way more to go on.
And if he was going to a friend’s I just don’t see him leaving his phone. Heck, I’M glued to my phone and I’m 57. I feel weird if I go out the door without it and I think kids are even more inclined. Unless he did runaway and was smart enough to know he could be tracked by phone.

I’m hoping LE having access to the phone might at least provide some clues.

If it smells like a duck.... That photo of him is heartbreaking. He is talking through his expression in the picture :(Most kids don't wear his "church or school" clothes to run away. In my opinion. Sounds like the details from the parents are there for an excuse/alibi. Unless something happened prior to the parents leaving and they told him to walk to church for example. Hope and prayers he is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back