Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
well due to the hills in the close background i crossed off portimao, and lagos, and faro. and lisbon. and porto.
the quirky arrows matched a little with northern spain or france road signs.
Marseilles no. Nice no.
after trawling around the massive port area of bilbao i gave up.

i did wonder what kind of crazy photographer would take a photo of the back end of his beaten up camper. then the reflection of the person in the window to the left made me wonder if the LE had cropped the left side of the photo (the bit showing the actual person) before releasing it.

Was anyone able to make out the statue in the background as you look through the windshield of the van?

so, december 21. CB released from prison.
his residence is gone. his clothes are all gone. all the computers have gone. all the phones have gone. all the cash is gone. the watches and valuables are all gone. the passports are all gone. the video camera is gone. the video recordings are gone*. the bedford is given up to pay the fine. his co-conspirator MT is off to Austria, and then Spain. CB is homeless.
or is this how he wanted to appear to the LE?

what does he have?
presumably he comes out of jail with his number 1 personal phone**.
the cars. the VW camper.
is there another emergency stash somewhere? similar to the buried usb sticks of 2016**.

what happens next... between december 2006 and may 2007.

*for anyone thinking he had huge offline storage, dropbox was launched june 2007.
**nevertheless, the video of the 2005 rape survived somehow, as CB showed it to someone in 2017.
It's likely many of his recordings would have been uploaded to the dark web, that's possibly how he accessed the 2005 rape on his phone. We know from the web transcripts that he was in touch with people to share videos. It's often one of the prerequisites to get into these high level paedophile rings that you have to share videos yourself and that these videos have to be 'new' content that others in the ring haven't seen before. I believe one of the reasons for this is to ensure they are not admitting undercover police since unlike most undercover operations where they are allowed to break the rules in view of the bigger goal, even an UC operative could not make 'new' paedophile material.

It's likely many of his recordings would have been uploaded to the dark web, that's possibly how he accessed the 2005 rape on his phone. We know from the web transcripts that he was in touch with people to share videos. It's often one of the prerequisites to get into these high level paedophile rings that you have to share videos yourself and that these videos have to be 'new' content that others in the ring haven't seen before. I believe one of the reasons for this is to ensure they are not admitting undercover police since unlike most undercover operations where they are allowed to break the rules in view of the bigger goal, even an UC operative could not make 'new' paedophile material.
in which case, he may also have built up some hidden currency, as well as having recordings 'stashed' on the darkweb. but not enough, or enough general 'underworld' clout, to get him out on bail at any point during that 8.5 months on remand.

Correio da Manhã (Portuguese tabloid) promises to offer new evidence from Portuguese police every hour during the day.

Now they released two exclusive pictures never shown before the day after with McCanns and their Tapas friends. CM claims these are the only pictures to date in which McCanns show up with their friends. Released through their channel CMTV. I'm not claiming anything, it's their words.

https://apa-core1.streaming.clarane...a/CofinaEditor_2020-06-27_15_25.008592196.mp4

Last edited:
About the baby monitors, just quickly wanted to add, it was the Payne's who had a baby monitor constantly at the table with them. They said they never did any physical checks on their children because they had the monitor. Jane Tanner and Russell Oldfield also had a baby monitor at the table but according to Jane it wasn't as high tech as the Payne's. She wasn't as confident in their monitors ability so they continued to physically check on their children too.

Correio da Manhã (Portuguese tabloid) promises to offer new evidence from Portuguese police every hour during the day.

Now they released two exclusive pictures never shown before the day after with McCanns and their Tapas friends. CM claims these are the only pictures to date in which McCanns show up with their friends. Released through their channel CMTV. I'm not claiming anything, it's their words.

https://apa-core1.streaming.clarane...a/CofinaEditor_2020-06-27_15_25.008592196.mp4

I've seen the first one before. The second one I haven't. The second picture was taken though when the McCann's and David Payne were about to enter the car of a PJ officer and be driven away. More then likely they were being driven to give their first police statements to the PJ.

Exterior shots of Gerry and Kate McCann departing the Ocean Club... Stock Footage Video - Getty Images

I've seen the first one before. The second one I haven't. The second picture was taken though when the McCann's and David Payne were about to enter the car of a PJ officer and be driven away. More then likely they were being driven to give their first police statements to the PJ.

Exterior shots of Gerry and Kate McCann departing the Ocean Club... Stock Footage Video - Getty Images

It seems so, when they enter PJ's car. As I told, it's CM's word. They promise more info through the day. I hope so. Interesting to see Murat in your video right there from the first second.

Not sure about that.He seems to have been very methodical about selecting the women in advance, visiting their apartments to familiarise himself with the layout, learning their names, etc. That doesn't suggest someone acting in a drug-fuelled haze.
CB is insane. He is also on drugs. He selects his victims meticulously and I wouldn't be surprised if he would perform his act under the influence of drugs.

I have re-watched the TV programme on the ID channel from last night called The Madeleine McCann Mystery and I have some things of note. Some of which we already know, some of which seem to have been slightly distorted over time in here (chinese whispers?) some of which I wasn't aware of. The quotes that follow are from various Crime journalists, former detectives and other people. The only words which are my words are in brackets and are JMO MOO.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on some of the things we might not know or have understood so far. I have left out chunks of it of things that have been debated over and over in here and included things which potentially IMO lead up to our current discussion regarding CB and/or other people.

I've split this into two parts. Here is my part one:
May 3rd.

Tapas checking on apartment 5A times:

MO did first check but listens at door.
GM went to visibly see for himself "five minutes later"
9.30pm MO returned to check
10pm KM went and discovered MM missing.

GM later that evening remembers the door was different to how they left it when they went to dinner.

KM didn't think MM "would have had the presence of mind to close two gates behind her." (But did M.O close them? We don't know this, or do we?).

MM had left behind her c. cat but also her pink blanket she used to cuddle.
(I wasn't aware of a pink cuddle blanket).

Local policed used to traffic problems arrived 11pm
Early hours of night McC's called PJ to help.

It was noted during the documentary that this was a holiday Apartment Complex. Not a hotel with a foyer. That reception was elsewhere on site and the apartments were "unusually ringed by public roads"

"9:15 to 9:20pm JT decided to go look at her own children. On the way she saw a man carrying a small child walking away from apartment block. The man looked strange to her in that he didn't look like a tourist. He had dark hair and was dressed in a jacket and trousers. The child was 3 to 4 y.o. and had pink PJ's and the ankle had a frill." Jane made nothing of this at the time and returned to restaurant. (after checking her children?)
(What type of jacket is she referring to? A suit jacket? A casual jacket?)

"Witness MS from Ireland was leaving the Dolphin restaurant in PDL with other members of his family around 10pm. He encountered a white man carrying a child who was wearing pink ish PJ's. MS thought the man looked somehow awkward as though he wasn't used to carrying children."

The PJ thought MS and JT sightings were connected and set up a van to look like a commercial vehicle and got RM (local man who had been helping with translations) to cross the street. JT apparently ID'd him as 'Tannerman' and that is how he became suspect.

It was reported that "RM said he was in his mother's kitchen that night and they talked the whole night. The police were suspicious and said 'who stays in his mother's kitchen all night long?' and RM allegedly said "I did. My mother and I are close. We were talking , talking, talking."

(What is the definition of all night? Is that all evening or does that include the early hours too until daybreak the next day?)

Sightings of MM. One in particular was featured in Morocco at the Petrol Station in Marracech (sp?). The witness said "She had this pretty face and long blonde hair on the sides of the shoulders.... _______ (? one word indecipherable?) eyes and she had little sad look (nods head twice at this point) in her face (nods head again). She respond to this man and said 'Can we see mummy now?' "
The CCTV had been taped over by the time the Police got there to investigate. (The was no discussion on what the man looked like).

CS former detective said "Morocco has ease of access - its a couple of hours drive into Spain from the Algarve and there's a regular ferry across to Morocco and its the kind of place it could be easy to take a kidnapped child to sell her a onto trafficking ring."

Following this sighting the McC's head to Morocco but don't find anything.
Police pursued hundreds of other sightings.
When the McC's arrive back in UK it was all over media/TV.

MS previous witness called the Police (which police?) because "Mr Smith realises he is watching GM carry one of the twins in exactly the same way as the man he saw at 10pm on May 3rd."
(Now the footage showed GM carrying the twin and it shows him carrying a child in the vertical position, not horizontal. Yet earlier in the documentary they did some reinactments and showed a man carrying a child witnessed by MS horizontally. Which is correct?). MS was then said to have said "He was 70 plus percent sure the man he saw was GM and may fit the identity of the man he saw the night of May 3rd."
This changes everything and begins the investigation into GM and KM.

UK Police got involved and sifted through the case file so far. PDL was described as a tiny place MM disappeared. A tiny tourist village. The UK Police were said to have found failed lines of enquiry and "38 POI were discovered from a number of European countries."

Metropolican Police (UK) apparently returned to OC at PDL and interviewed workers who were missed first time around (that is how it was reported on this documentary).

Witness statements suggested to UK Police the McC's movements may have been watched. One statement was "a 12 year old girl who had a reason to keep an eye on apartment 5A because her Grandmother once lived there." (That is a direct quote. I previously thought the Grandmother lived in the block, not in apartment 5A). This 12 y.o. witness apparently said "she saw a man in front of apartment 5A who appeared to her to be staring intently up at the apartment."

Another tourist said she "saw a man leaning on a wall and just gazing at the apartment."

Another witness "CT was having afternoon tea in apartment above 5A and saw a man close the gate looking furtive, stealthy and the moment she heard the news of M disappearance she called the Police"

end of Part One (the documentary was one part but this is getting quite lengthy now). See part two below.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: what ifs? imo, all the discussion, on every topic, helps to build the timeline.

here's a section of the timeline based on the latest news connected to the break in:
P 2006: [CB age29-30] at some point leaves farm property, leaves personal items in farm property. leaves or most likely arrested?? [‘caught red handed’ according to MT].

P 2006?: Bernhard P: BP Connection - CB used BP's car yard to store his van at times (Daily Mirror).
P 2006: buys blue bedford van with Austrian friend Michael Tatschl in 2006. bedford has portuguese plates.
P 2006: Feb-April: CB and MT lived in the Bedford van between Feb and April 2006. Daily Mail source.
MT says he lives with CB at the Finca (farmhouse) and camped in a van in the garden, (possibly the Bedford).

P 2006: [arrested april 7th] [‘caught red handed’ according to MT] on remand 8.5 months in portugal. trial December 21. released December 2006, stealing 320 litres of diesel from lorries. Michael Tatschl cellmate, co-criminal in the crime [MT fined €1800, CB fined a bit more than that because he swore at the judge]. MT is austrian carpenter.
P 2006: ??while in jail changes registration of jag to AB
P 2006: while in jail instructs ‘friend’ to remove all stolen goods from farmhouse
P 2006: while in jail friend robs all CB valuables from farmhouse, including video recorder.
P 2006: while in jail?? {date?? a former accomplice, with whom he had previously stolen diesel fuel (Tatschl), was told of the video Brückner had apparently filmed of the rape, and eventually police came to his door so he had to tell his story [> see april 2019].}

P 2006: while in jail BernhardP also wrote a letter to try to help get CB out on bail.

P 2006: Finca Owner ‘states neighbours contacted him in 2006 to say the place was in a state of abandonment, he reported it to the police and found out CB may have been arrested.’
P 2006: farmhouse is cleared. looks a mess [due to being ‘turned over’??]

“Evidence of dozens of alleged crimes committed by the main suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine Mccann in Portugal may have been destroyed. Exclusively to RTP, the neighbor of Christian Brückner in Praia da Luz, guarantees to have disposed of dozens of computers and mobile phones that he found inside the house in 2006, at a time when the owner thought he had disappeared. After all, he was arrested for theft in Portimão. {diesel}

Inside the room, there would also be videos of the violations that Brückner had committed.

Sexta às 9. Podem ter sido destruídas provas de dezenas de alegados crimes de Brückner

P 2006: December 21: CB released from jail

P 2007: April: possible date when the final eviction notice on the CB farmhouse tenancy went through
If CB is MM's abductor, it makes me wonder who else would have known about it at the time. Someone else besides CB must have known.

It seems so, when they enter PJ's car. As I told, it's CM's word. They promise more info through the day. I hope so. Interesting to see Murat in your video right there from the first second.

That's David P but I guess he and Murat do have similar characteristics.

well due to the hills in the close background i crossed off portimao, and lagos, and faro. and lisbon. and porto.
the quirky arrows matched a little with northern spain or france road signs.
Marseilles no. Nice no.
after trawling around the massive port area of bilbao i gave up.

i did wonder what kind of crazy photographer would take a photo of the back end of his beaten up camper. then the reflection of the person in the window to the left made me wonder if the LE had cropped the left side of the photo (the bit showing the actual person) before releasing it.

Yesterday I spent several hours "touring" many of the commercial loading docks but did not find anything so far.

=I especially kept an eye out for the somewhat unique building (pic below)

=Plus the van is parked under an overhead ramp (or road) supported by concrete pillars

Attachments

• CB VAN.JPG
    CB VAN.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 145
  • CB VAN UNDER ELEVATED STREET OR RAIL.JPG
    CB VAN UNDER ELEVATED STREET OR RAIL.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics