OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES. Although being on Ohio death row is completely different and 10 X's worse than being in general population. But LWOP will put them in a maximum security prison which is the next worse thing.

Also, it's not so much the conditions as it is about being separated from the children, extended family, gardening, hunting, 4 wheeling, motor cycling, favorite foods, GW4's video games, sleeping in their own beds. Oh, and separated from each other. They would be lucky to be able to write letters back and forth.

People do not realize how hideous prison is and that maximum security is the worst place to be outside of death row and the segregation unit. And if found guilty of multiple murders with aggravating circumstances, they will get classified for maximum security, no doubt.

State's response to the bail request for Billy:

06/22/2020 MOTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO IN A CAPITAL CASE AND PURSUANT TO STATUTE TO HOLD THE DEFENDANT WITHOUT BAIL FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

The prosecution will fight bail tooth and nail. I predict a no bail judgment with a capital NO .. !!
For both Billy and GW4.

Both! They are charged with felony murders that include aggravating circumstances, thus, the aggravating circumstances make the murders into capital murders.

3 of their aggravating circumstances are:

Being in possession of a dangerous ordinance which are the silencers, using automatic weapons, and committing murders while committing felony burglary. And no doubt there are more aggravating circumstances.

....My 2 cents....

One concern I have with LWOP is two examples I've seen of people who received that sentence for heinous crimes. One was Chris Watts. He got a plea deal for LWOP. He was then transferred to a prison in Wisconsin. They didn't keep him in Colorado. It appears he is doing just fine in prison.

The other is a boy I grew up with. He didn't commit murder but he came very close. It was a hideous crime and he ruined lives. A very dangerous man. He got LWOP. This isn't in Ohio. He's been in the prison system (maximum security) for years and he did not behave himself at all in maximum security. Out of the blue, he was transferred to a medium security prison and now he is training dogs. Perhaps that will benefit a disabled person in our society who receives a trained dog, but he is having fun doing it.

IMO, there is a punishment aspect to a prison sentence. LWOP is very serious, but weird things can happen and the convicted might just end up doing easier time than what was originally intended by the sentence. If this has happened to someone on death row, I have missed it.

All JMO.

Pike County: What we know about the arrests made in the Rhoden family massacre

How are they connected?
Even after the investigation began to focus on the Wagners, they continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden Sr. were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who'd had a falling out before the homicides.

DeWine said officials believe they have the killers responsible and there are no other suspects involved.
-----------------------

So...asking again. What's everyone's thoughts on the business BW and CRSr. were in? It was apparently big enough to add fuel to the fire of the custody problem, and IMO, give additional motive for the murders. What was the mystery business?

Marijuana grow? I doubt it. The Wagner men looked really "messed up" on something alot bigger than a joint at the time of arrests.

Cars? In what way? I don't think so.

Flea Market stuff? The Wagners did have a history of theft and receiving charges, and CRSr. had that big trailer of flea market stuff, per BJM, but I can't see a business doing this being very profitable.

Guns? Aha. Look at all those images of guns listed in Discovery, along with DNA. Wonder where all these guns were found? Who were they buying them from and selling them to?

Or Drugs? Or something else?

Please help me out here, folks. Your thoughts? TIA

How are they connected?
Even after the investigation began to focus on the Wagners, they continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden Sr. were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who'd had a falling out before the homicides.

DeWine said officials believe they have the killers responsible and there are no other suspects involved.
-----------------------

So...asking again. What's everyone's thoughts on the business BW and CRSr. were in? It was apparently big enough to add fuel to the fire of the custody problem, and IMO, give additional motive for the murders. What was the mystery business?

CC, Is it just rumor that they were in some kind of business together? Hearsay? Lots of side hustles for the Rhoden's but I've only heard of thieving for the Wag's.
Marijuana grow? I doubt it. The Wagner men looked really "messed up" on something alot bigger than a joint at the time of arrests.

Flea Market stuff? The Wagners did have a history of theft and receiving charges, and CRSr. had that big trailer of flea market stuff, per BJM, but I can't see a business doing this being very profitable.

Guns? Aha. Look at all those images of guns listed in Discovery, along with DNA. Wonder where all these guns were found? Who were they buying them from and selling them to?

I think they will be convicted, however, I also thought Casey Anthony would to.

sorry bb but I disagree. I knew she would not be, no evidence she killed her, defense claimed it was an accident, prosecution could not prove it was not, now if they had found the poor baby in the first couple of days they could have proved it was not an accident. should have charged with involuntary manslaughter and tampering with evidence and desecrating a body. they would have got a conviction on all three and could have kept her in prison for most of her life.

none of that for w's though. they found victims right away, knew how when where killed and have forensics. AC in much better position and on much firmer ground than CA prosecutor. no way the defense can say 8 R's were accidents.

jmo

sorry for o/t topic.

How are they connected?

-----------------------

mj. chris was growing, billy was selling for him. jake on meth

jmo

I don’t think JW ever had a meth addiction. If I had to guess I would say it was a marijuana addiction coupled with pills and alcohol. He never exhibited methamphetamine traits to me.
Except his face when he was younger...Compare photos.......

Click on image for large view....
df33f163-0780-4971-95b5-0e58c6b93dcc-large16x9_WagnerfamilyGeorgBillyGeorgeAngelaEdwardJake.jpg

Enlarge Image
181113-family-killed-ohio-feature.jpg

Except his face when he was younger...

Click on image for large view....
df33f163-0780-4971-95b5-0e58c6b93dcc-large16x9_WagnerfamilyGeorgBillyGeorgeAngelaEdwardJake.jpg

Enlarge Image
181113-family-killed-ohio-feature.jpg

it doesn’t scream meth addiction tho. I could be off as I don’t remember how he acted round the time of the murders. You tend to have mannerisms associated with past meth abuse and Jake has never displayed any that I’ve noticed. I’ve seen a lot of stoners who looked like that. They were addicted to oil though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa