Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I believe is the original german wording "Es gibt Grund zu der Annahme, dass es außer dem Verdächtigen noch andere Personen gibt, die konkrete Kenntnisse über den Verlauf des Verbrechens und möglicherweise auch über den Ort haben, an dem die Leiche zurückgelassen wurde"
Source for this text = Der Hauptverdächtige von New Maddie ist im Gefängnis, weil er einen 72-jährigen amerikanischen Touristen in Praia da Luz vergewaltigt hat
That wording is similar to the quote I'd read. Reason to believe person's had concrete knowledge of the crime and knew where the body may have been placed.
Might be reading too much into this, but he said "there are reasons to believe that there are other people besides the suspect who know how that night went... maybe they even know where the body was left".

This is interesting to me firstly because he says "reasons" (plural). This might be a reach on my part, but that may mean that they have more than one thing that suggests other people (again, people is plural) might know how it went down that night (night is singular). It makes me think they must have witness statement(s) from someone who was there, or who heard about it all second hand and they need solid proof of it - or others to come forward to corroborate. It also made me think whatever happened to that kid, happened in one night, vs being trafficked or passed about. Just thinking of possibilities and again, its probably way over reading into it...
Allowing for different translators this is pretty much the same but lacking the word concrete. I'm reading it in a similar way - that others were involved rather than others watched it. Which makes Juliet Bravo thinking she sees two refections very interesting.

Sadly I've never believed the poor kid survived the night because statistics suggest otherwise so I agree on that. I'm hoping the other person is something like a girlfriend rather than a fellow perpetrator.

Apologies for the double post please delete as necessary

Last edited:
McCann suspected extradited from Portugal twice on child sex offences | Daily Mail Online

Parents of the children who raised the alarm after Brueckner exposed himself in the playground in the town of Sao Bartomoleu de Messines in 2017, have told of their horror.

Brueckner was arrested at 2.15am by local police officers after four children told their parents he had flashed at them while they were playing.

I forgot he went back to Portugal in 2017?
mentioned in that article CB 'took a phone', i wonder what time that was? or is this more lost in translation riddles?

mentioned in that article CB 'took a phone', i wonder what time that was? or is this more lost in translation riddles?
I assume you mean this quote-

The German Federal Police asked Portugal’s Policia Judiciaria to investigate Brueckner and they discovered that the took a phone while he was in Praia da Luz just before the youngster vanished.

I think it's just poor journalism/editing. Think the above bolded text is meant to say "he took a phone call".

They met when CB moved to Braunschweig to run the kiosk. According to most reports she would have been 17 when she met CB so, 10 in 2007. But other reports do have her as being a different age.
There seems to be 9 siblings, so perhaps the brother got ages muddled.

"It wasn't until I saw the photo in the media that I remembered her sitting almost every day in the room behind the kiosk where Christian worked.

Pročitajte više na: Hrvat otkrio detalje o djevojci koju traži i Interpol: 'Ona nije s Kosova, nego Albanka iz Makedonije' - www.vecernji.hr

9 siblings, hey?
Now I'm starting to wonder whether Robert M. is another brother of NM? Robert used to live round the corner of CB's kiosk.
NM also used to live round the corner of CB's kiosk ....

And tedtink, why is Macedonia being mentioned?

9 siblings, hey?
Now I'm starting to wonder whether Robert M. is another brother of NM? Robert used to live round the corner of CB's kiosk.
NM also used to live round the corner of CB's kiosk ....

And tedtink, why is Macedonia being mentioned?

The article is based on quotes from a restaurant owner who’s business is near the kiosk and who knew the Miftari family. He was saying the reports of NM being from Kosovo were false, that she’s “Albanian from Macedonia”.
Guy said she was a nice girl from a nice family, that her father died ten years ago (maybe looking for a father figure in CB? Home life was too busy with nine siblings also needing attention from her mother?) but all the neighbours talked about why a young girl would spend so much time hanging around with a much older man. Says he doesn’t know if her family knew where she was because it was a big family.
He says “after CB was arrested” the family moved away and no one knows where to.

Been trying again with the vw beach photo,its probably the best its going to get..im going to start searching for coves that may have something like a medieval fort,or monastery near as i think it could be reflected next to the potential face,i know a lot of people dont agree but i can see a little girl in this picture,ive asked other opinions without telling them what it is and they have all said it looks like a girl.At this point its hypothetical but i think hes took her there to either take footage and/or dispose of her body.Im also maybe seeing some kind of bunting refected i know theres a festival at the beginning of May celebrated in Portugal so maybe that ties in but it would have to be somewhere not overlooked as i cant see him choosing somewhere where he would be observed.So once again ill leave the picture here and do some digging on old buildings near secluded coves that you can obviously drive down to.
To the left side of what appears to be a face (near the pink blob) looks like someone leaning into a taller person. Probably pareidolia but it is freaky.

TRÊS HOMENS DETIDOS POR ABUSO SEXUAL
24 DE SETEMBRO DE 2002 ÀS 22:38

Três indivíduos foram presos em Reguengos de Monsaraz, São Bartolomeu de Messines e Vagos acusados de violação de menores. Os homens ficaram detidos à guarda das autoridades competentes.

I can’t read Portuguese. This came up on a search I was doing. It is from 2002.

cmjornal.pt Any Portuguese people here who can see if it associated to any of our ‘friends’?

The article is based on quotes from a restaurant owner who’s business is near the kiosk and who knew the Miftari family. He was saying the reports of NM being from Kosovo were false, that she’s “Albanian from Macedonia”.
Guy said she was a nice girl from a nice family, that her father died ten years ago (maybe looking for a father figure in CB? Home life was too busy with nine siblings also needing attention from her mother?) but all the neighbours talked about why a young girl would spend so much time hanging around with a much older man. Says he doesn’t know if her family knew where she was because it was a big family.
He says “after CB was arrested” the family moved away and no one knows where to.

I remember reading that she was Albanian at the start of all this but I cant think where now

Last edited:

Três indivíduos foram presos em Reguengos de Monsaraz, São Bartolomeu de Messines e Vagos acusados de violação de menores. Os homens ficaram detidos à guarda das autoridades competentes.

cmjornal.pt Any Portuguese people here who can see if it associated to any of our ‘friends’?

Found this part of the article intriguing

“No Algarve, a directoria de Faro da Polícia Judiciária, em São Bartolomeu de Messines, deteve um alemão por suspeita de abuso sexual de crianças, na sequência de um mandado internacional emitido pela Alemanha, país onde terão ocorrido os crimes.”
In the Algarve, the Faro directorate of the Judicial Police, in São Bartolomeu de Messines, arrested a German on suspicion of sexual abuse of children, following an international warrant issued by Germany, the country where the crimes occurred.

It says that German national was arrested in Lagos after his home country issued a warrant for his arrest. He abused a minor within the family. The child confessed this to their school teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang