Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tedtink
Re- Photo's.
@photographer4 Just out of curiosity
Why do you think the photo of the interior of his house (with the beam) in the link below has lines across? Is it a video still?
Madeleine McCann suspect named as Christian Brueckner

The lines in question that run horizontally across the photo are odd indeed. There is no way for me to say for sure. I've seen that horizontal banding in a few situations:

1. when you snap a photo with particularly bright lights... this is the most common issue where I see banding - more about this here:
Solved: How to repair specific banding on a digital photo - Adobe Support Community - 10271279

2. on partially or fully corrupt files having been recovered digitally - but banding of this nature tends to be multicoloured and wider. I suspect if it was a corrupt file, police have recovered it with some very good software but the artifacts of corruption remain somewhat visible.

3. picture of a picture or video while the original is on a screen or monitor (might be a movie or photo on screen that someone snapped a photo of).

4. when prints are stored, depending on the quality of the prints and circumstances of where they are stored / how they're stored, they may take lose contrast or develop spots in areas where none were originally there. this process happens over time, and is not immediate.

I have no way to know if the photo is a digital still from a video or an actual photo, unless LE want to tell me, or I get ahold of the EXIF data. :D

"(Reichelt) said that police are interested in Brueckner because he has 'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of"
German police hunt for ex-girlfriend of Madeleine McCann prime suspect
Even if CB hasn't revealed anything verbally to police, is it possible maybe police found a diary containing CB's written record of what happened???
This is the whole paragraph:
Today the editor-in-chief of German tabloid Bild, Julian Reichelt, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: 'They have an idea of how Madeleine McCann died and how the killing was actually done. But they do not know where the body may have been buried'.

He said that police are interested in Brueckner because he has 'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of, which has convinced officers Madeleine was killed and he was involved. But police have made an international appeal for a 'knockout' piece of evidence that could put him in the dock - and believe British tourists are likely to be key to finding it.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters has said the authorities have 'evidence' that the three-year-old was killed after she was snatched from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007 and Brueckner is currently the only suspect.

He told Sky News: 'We don't have Madeleine McCann's body but we expect she is dead. We need more information from people to find the places where he has lived and search them for Madeleine'. But he added that they cannot yet 'communicate it' with the public 'at this time' how they know.

I thought they secretly recorded him. This would be the evidence that is not admissible in court.
But what is "'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of" - this has to be something that hasn't been reported and also something that they did not ask the parents if it was true.
Could be for example that the police call where all forces went prior to Madeleine missing and therefore did not attend Madeleine call on time was organised by him.
Or that Madeleine entered the apartment on that day at exactly say 4 pm or that for example there were 3 empty pink glasses of juice left on the table. Or that the passports were left in the middle shelf. etc etc

@tedtink

The lines in question that run horizontally across the photo are odd indeed. There is no way for me to say for sure. I've seen that horizontal banding in a few situations:

1. when you snap a photo with particularly bright lights... this is the most common issue where I see banding - more about this here:
Solved: How to repair specific banding on a digital photo - Adobe Support Community - 10271279

2. on partially or fully corrupt files having been recovered digitally - but banding of this nature tends to be multicoloured and wider. I suspect if it was a corrupt file, police have recovered it with some very good software but the artifacts of corruption remain somewhat visible.

3. picture of a picture or video while the original is on a screen or monitor (might be a movie or photo on screen that someone snapped a photo of).

4. when prints are stored, depending on the quality of the prints and circumstances of where they are stored / how they're stored, they may take lose contrast or develop spots in areas where none were originally there. this process happens over time, and is not immediate.

I have no way to know if the photo is a digital still from a video or an actual photo, unless LE want to tell me, or I get ahold of the EXIF data. :D

They annotated one of the beam photos with arrows at one point - could it be removal of the arrows?

"(Reichelt) said that police are interested in Brueckner because he has 'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of"
German police hunt for ex-girlfriend of Madeleine McCann prime suspect
Even if CB hasn't revealed anything verbally to police, is it possible maybe police found a diary containing CB's written record of what happened???

Maybe CB told his bar friend something only the abductor would know?? But police need something to prove it was CB who committed the crime and not the bar friend?

What are the height and width in pixels of the 3 VW images as originally released by police?
largest size i could find, with most image area:
VW beach 1260 x 944 px (4:3)(1.333)
VW on track 1843x1381 px (4:3)(1.333)

VW malaga 1532 x 1182 px (non-standard proportion most likely cropped)(1.296)

not sure if these are the originals released by police, or whether there was a digital press pack released by police to media.

This is the whole paragraph:
Today the editor-in-chief of German tabloid Bild, Julian Reichelt, told ITV's Good Morning Britain: 'They have an idea of how Madeleine McCann died and how the killing was actually done. But they do not know where the body may have been buried'.

He said that police are interested in Brueckner because he has 'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of, which has convinced officers Madeleine was killed and he was involved. But police have made an international appeal for a 'knockout' piece of evidence that could put him in the dock - and believe British tourists are likely to be key to finding it.

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters has said the authorities have 'evidence' that the three-year-old was killed after she was snatched from Praia da Luz on May 3, 2007 and Brueckner is currently the only suspect.

He told Sky News: 'We don't have Madeleine McCann's body but we expect she is dead. We need more information from people to find the places where he has lived and search them for Madeleine'. But he added that they cannot yet 'communicate it' with the public 'at this time' how they know.

I thought they secretly recorded him. This would be the evidence that is not admissible in court.
But what is "'knowledge' of the abduction that only a suspect could be aware of" - this has to be something that hasn't been reported and also something that they did not ask the parents if it was true.
Could be for example that the police call where all forces went prior to Madeleine missing and therefore did not attend Madeleine call on time was organised by him.
Or that Madeleine entered the apartment on that day at exactly say 4 pm or that for example there were 3 empty pink glasses of juice left on the table. Or that the passports were left in the middle shelf. etc etc

But why would British tourists be the key to finding some evidence that would lead to him being charged??

They annotated one of the beam photos with arrows at one point - could it be removal of the arrows?

Unlikely. The arrows are easily added in photoshop, or any other editing software, and just as easily removed. This should not leave artifacts such as those seen in the photos under any circumstance, in my opinion.

not sure if these are the originals released by police, or whether there was a digital press pack released by police to media.

Its really easy to change the size of a photo in photoshop and a lot of editors of news media will so to suit their own needs. EG: you don't need a high resolution photo to post on the internet. It will be just fine at low resolution. But if you want to print, you need a higher resolution. You can change how many dpi appear in a photo with photoshop easily and repeatedly and save at various sizes to suit your needs. Its likely most media publishers have changed the specs to suit their own needs.

Last edited:
But why would British tourists be the key to finding some evidence that would lead to him being charged??

Perhaps HCW believes that Portuguese Nationals & expats living there are unlikely to speak & his best chance of obtaining evidence to secure a conviction will come from British tourists....he could have some British tourists in mind that he believes know more?

@tedtink

I used to get this kind of banding when printing colour photos on my very sh***y Epson printer. Going back to the early 00’s with that, though.

There does seem to be some kind of “whiteness” or blurriness on the photo, highlighted by the red circles. Maybe the photos were taken from a screen, thus accounting for the banding, and the blurriness is thumb prints on said screen? I can see a lot of lines through the blurriness around the mat, as if someone ran a pen nib over the screen through a finger print?

Highlighted the thing in the blue circle because what is it?:confused:

I wonder how much time there was between both photos having been taken? The furniture surrounding the fireplace/the knickknacks on the mantle are very different in both photos which makes me think they’re from two different tenants. One from a photo/still from a video CB had on a storage device, and a more recent photo from LE carrying out searches of his old abodes for comparison?

Attachments

• 56874674-6462-41CC-8F80-7550546C0E0B.jpeg
    56874674-6462-41CC-8F80-7550546C0E0B.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 686
  • 54DC5FC7-CF60-4D68-8C92-E41C5A3F32EF.jpeg
    54DC5FC7-CF60-4D68-8C92-E41C5A3F32EF.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 338

Googling I find 1843x1382 is fairly common (but not 1843x1381).

Perhaps HCW believes that Portuguese Nationals & expats living there are unlikely to speak & his best chance of obtaining evidence to secure a conviction will come from British tourists....he could have some British tourists in mind that he believes know more?

Perhaps the Tapas Group even? Is that what you mean?

I used to get this kind of banding when printing colour photos on my very sh***y Epson printer. Going back to the early 00’s with that, though.

There does seem to be some kind of “whiteness” or blurriness on the photo, highlighted by the red circles. Maybe the photos were taken from a screen, thus accounting for the banding, and the blurriness is thumb prints on said screen? I can see a lot of lines through the blurriness around the mat, as if someone ran a pen nib over the screen through a finger print?

Highlighted the thing in the blue circle because what is it?:confused:

I wonder how much time there was between both photos having been taken? The furniture surrounding the fireplace/the knickknacks on the mantle are very different in both photos which makes me think they’re from two different tenants. One from a photo/still from a video CB had on a storage device, and a more recent photo from LE carrying out searches of his old abodes for comparison?

Looks like a dog lying on the sofa to me.

An excellent question photographer4. Why tourists? And why specifically British tourists? Why not Irish, German, or Dutch? I would expect the appeal for info to be addressed to PdL area residents (native and expat).

No the tapas group never really crossed my mind, I was more thinking of British witnesses in PJ files, holiday makers who stayed in & around ocean club during the time & prior to MM disappearance, perhaps even CBs British GFs?

Maybe the OC resort was mostly British tourists and they’re hoping someone caught CB in the background of their holiday photos, while he was supposedly scoping the place out?

Interesting question lyndaloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member