Deceased/Not Found PA - King Hill, 2, stepfather said King was with babysitter, Philadelphia, 7 Jul 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
And would anyone really be like, “Hey, free baby! Cool!” Kids are great and all, but wouldn’t a normal, well-intentioned person contact authorities when they realized there’d been a mixup involving a toddler? And I shudder to think what someone evil or drug-addled or mentally ill could do if mistakenly given a toddler.
lol at "Hey, free baby! Cool!"

And would anyone really be like, “Hey, free baby! Cool!” Kids are great and all, but wouldn’t a normal, well-intentioned person contact authorities when they realized there’d been a mixup involving a toddler? And I shudder to think what someone evil or drug-addled or mentally ill could do if mistakenly given a toddler.
True.
But describing the relationship as "stepfather" is simpler and conveys a "trusted father figure" ...which is how the mother described the relationship.
Some people would find an adult male being a "mentor" or a "friend" suspicious and wonder if he was a pedophile.
True.
But describing the relationship as "stepfather" is simpler and conveys a "trusted father figure" ...which is how the mother described the relationship.
Some people would find an adult male being a "mentor" or a "friend" suspicious and wonder if he was a pedophile.
Stepfather and step dad usually mean the same thing. If she told the police she got a text from his stepfather, they would have asked are you married, were you married, are you separated or divorced ?

Last edited:
Wouldn't the woman say why are you leaving him here with me ? Wouldn't she call the police and report that someone left the child with her ?
Exactly! That’s why I’m not so keen on that being the case. It’s not like there’s a known place to bring kids to meet with their moms and they got mixed up. Something doesn’t seem right about this. The partial truths people tend to speak has me wondering...so many scenarios.

Exactly! That’s why I’m not so keen on that being the case. It’s not like there’s a known place to bring kids to meet with their moms and they got mixed up. Something doesn’t seem right about this. The partial truths people tend to speak has me wondering...so many scenarios.
You got that right Presley78, there's something not right about this situation. Somebody's hiding something. A child is missing and all there is to go on is he said, she said.

Anyone find it odd that the stepfather didn't send a text saying the babysitter was bringing the baby at say 11 am or no mention of calling to make the arrangement ? Just a text saying "Did you get the baby ?"
^^^ That. We may just not be getting all of the details here, but if there really was no communication about picking up or dropping off the child prior to this message, that’s an indication (to me) that either babysitter is lying to them both, or stepfather and sitter are both lying to mom.

^^^ That. We may just not be getting all of the details here, but if there really was no communication about picking up or dropping off the child prior to this message, that’s an indication (to me) that either babysitter is lying to them both, or stepfather and sitter are both lying to mom.
The mom allegedly said the step father was to drop the baby off within the next 2 weeks for his birthday. That's a lot of leeway. It seems someone is not very consciencous about their.responsibility and communication is lacking between them.. We only have what the presser reports to go by. LE must have some idea where this will lead, they may already have a person of interest but aren't going to say just yet. They are hoping the baby will be found unharmed.

Last edited:
The mom allegedly said the step father was to drop the baby off within the next 2 weeks for his birthday. That's a lot of leeway. It seems someone is not very consciencous about their.responsibility and communication is lacking between them.. We only have what the presser reports to go by. LE must have some idea where this will lead, they may already have a person of interest but aren't going to say just yet. They are hoping the baby will be found unharmed.
If there is no evidence of stepdad texting or calling mom ahead of alleged drop off then I’d imagine the next step is to verify what contact occurred between stepdad and sitter. Did sitter suddenly call / text to say she had impromptu dropped the child off at mother’s request? Did stepdad ask her to arrange drop off and then didn’t follow through with calling mom? Or is there no evidence of phone communication between stepdad and sitter? Without additional details, I infer that either dad and sitter conspired to claim the child was dropped off (either due to death or to conceal his whereabouts) or that he died or eloped while in the sitter’s care and she panicked to come up with some excuse for why she no longer has the child.

The police have their work cut out for them I would imagine. First, we don’t know who the babysitter is (the police do, but family seems vague) and who they may live with that could have access to King.
*edited for clarity

Last edited:
This is one insane story that probably won’t end well, I’m afraid.

If a “trusted” babysitter dropped my 2 year old grandchild off at a random street location, I would be in jail after locating said babysitter. JMO.

I mean really? Who does this? What happened to this precious child??

Anyone find it odd that the stepfather didn't send a text saying the babysitter was bringing the baby at say 11 am or no mention of calling to make the arrangement ? Just a text saying "Did you get the baby ?"
Yeah I have to say the babysitter and the step dad’s story seems to be more problematic to me.

IMO there is no reason to distrust what King's biological mom is saying. The alarm bells are ringing like crazy elsewhere, though. MOO.

Where is this little-one?
Godspeed to LE in this case.
I would disagree, we have seen cases here where biological mothers have not acted as such and their statements later proved different. I also wonder why she was only about to see get him in 2 weeks and last seen in June, because he is only 2, is she not having any regular contact with her child?

We know too little about the overall situation of the adults or between them. The media gives us only bits of information, which are alarming. For the moment i can not exclude anyone :-(

Do we know yet who made the 911 call?
How long after he was 'dropped off to Mom' was the call made?
I can't work out who is the most suspicious party at the moment!
The report just above your post tells the stepfather made the missing report Wednesday night, i dont know if this the 911 call you mention

The report just above your post tells the stepfather made the missing report Wednesday night, i dont know if this the 911 call you mention
So he was supposedly dropped off to Mom at 9.50am Tuesday, but no alarm raised until the following evening!!
Wow! Well I'm still no clearer as to who is more suspicious, but they've given themselves a nice almost 48 window of unknown time to do goodness knows what with King!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa