Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not aware any poster can mandate a "subject closed" certainly not regarding death rates. Hence my incredulity in wanting SA to clarify. I believe death rates will continue to be discussed as they are what this whole pandemic is about unfortunately.

Sorry
I should have included your entire question:

"What subject is closed? I'm not following. The CDC/HHS issue or the climbing death numbers?"

That is what I was responding to
I made it confusing

An elderly man has died while waiting in line for a COVID-19 test in a clinic's parking lot in Utah.

The 71-year-old nursing home resident was brought by a driver and caretaker to be tested at the Intermountain Healthcare clinic in North Ogden on Sunday.

By the time the vehicle arrived at the front of the line of the drive-thru test site, the man was found "unresponsive, cold to the touch, and likely deceased."

"Testing center caregivers acted quickly and followed correct procedures by immediately calling 911, but EMS workers could not revive the individual," a statement from Intermountain said, reported KUTV.

It is not known at this time if the patient's death was related to COVID-19

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-coronavirus-man-dies-testing-line-1517877

I am not aware any poster can mandate a "subject closed" certainly not regarding death rates. Hence my incredulity in wanting SA to clarify. I believe death rates will continue to be discussed as they are what this whole pandemic is about unfortunately.

Intentionally misrepresenting someone's post brings zero value to the thread and subject at hand. Jmo.

Sorry
I should have included your entire question:

"What subject is closed? I'm not following. The CDC/HHS issue or the climbing death numbers?"

That is what I was responding to
I made it confusing
No you didn't make it confusing. It wasn't really clear in the first place as we were all discussing two things at the time. One unimportant and one important so I wanted to be sure it was the deaths that SA no longer wished to discuss. That's fine for SA but many of us still want to follow and discuss. TY for jumping in to help though. I appreciate it.

Alabama's GOP governor issues statewide mask mandate

Alabama will now require residents to wear a face covering while in public, according to a statement from Gov. Kay Ivey.

All individuals in public and within six feet of another person will be required to wear a face covering. Children under six will be exempt.

The new mandate is part of an amended safer-at-home order announced by the governor's office. The amended order runs until July 31.

With this order, Alabama becomes the 36th state to require a face coverings while in public.

Oregon’s mask and gathering coronavirus rules change today: What you need to know

Starting today, Oregon requires people to wear face coverings outdoors when they cannot maintain a 6-foot distance from people outside their households. Masks already are required in public indoor places except when people are eating and drinking in restaurants and bars.

Oregon also now has a ban on indoor social gatherings of more than 10 people. The new limit does not apply to houses of worship and businesses. The new requirements are an attempt to reduce the transmission of coronavirus in Oregon.

In expanding her mask requirement to outdoors, Brown is now following the recommendation of the CDC that Americans wear masks in “public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.”

The facial covering requirement does not apply to children under 12, who are urged to wear a mask but are not required to do so, or those with medical problems that make it unwise to wear a mask.

An elderly man has died while waiting in line for a COVID-19 test in a clinic's parking lot in Utah.

The 71-year-old nursing home resident was brought by a driver and caretaker to be tested at the Intermountain Healthcare clinic in North Ogden on Sunday.

By the time the vehicle arrived at the front of the line of the drive-thru test site, the man was found "unresponsive, cold to the touch, and likely deceased."

"Testing center caregivers acted quickly and followed correct procedures by immediately calling 911, but EMS workers could not revive the individual," a statement from Intermountain said, reported KUTV.

It is not known at this time if the patient's death was related to COVID-19

https://www.newsweek.com/utah-coronavirus-man-dies-testing-line-1517877
So they still haven't tested him?

1 million people in the UK have quit smoking during the pandemic, survey shows

More than 1 million people in the UK are estimated to have quit smoking over the past four months during the coronavirus pandemic, with younger people kicking the habit at a higher rate than older smokers, a new analysis shows.

A further 44,000 people in the country have also used the pandemic as an opportunity to try to quit.

The campaign calls on older smokers in particular to take the pandemic as an opportunity to quit, as Covid-19 appears to be generally more severe in older patients. People in the 16-29 age group have quit smoking at more than twice the rate rate of smokers over the age of 50.

Oklahoma reports highest daily case total of Covid-19 cases

On the same day Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt announced his positive Covid-19 status, the state has reported a record-high number of new cases.

The Oklahoma State Department of Health said today that there are at least 22,813 total cases, up at least 1,075 new cases from Tuesday. The previous record was set on Tuesday at 993 new cases.

There are currently 561 people hospitalized due to the virus.

Right. What's the motivation behind this change? Why shouldn't the CDC get these numbers? We've already heard the president say he told people to slow down testing. We constantly hear from the administration that the reason we have so many cases is because we are testing. There is an ongoing, blatant attempt to discredit the scientist who headed our response, because he is telling the truth about our problems. There is zero reason for trust. So why take another layer of accountability away? Why shouldn't we be able to access these numbers? Why should we just roll over and accept this?

This should not be accepted under any circumstances. It is extremely dangerous for the people to lose this data, or risk manipulation by those with political interests. There are so many things that can go seriously wrong. I hope that the hospitals continue to send their data to the CDC, at the very least to ensure continued credibility.

What's the word on the street? Is the country rolling over?

I reckon we could use a little lighter pandemic-related news.

I like how they’re using humor to try to get riders to comply. :)

‘Don't scream and be serious' Japan theme park tells rollercoaster riders
Fuji-Q Highland near Tokyo re-opened last month after its virus shutdown.
It asked riders to avoid screaming when they go on its rollercoasters, to minimise spreading droplets, and instead "scream inside your heart".
And to encourage people to play along, it's getting riders to put on their most "serious face" for the ride photo.
They can share their photo online in the #KeepASeriousFace challenge, and those who do best will be given free day passes
Be serious, theme park tells rollercoaster riders

This should not be accepted under any circumstances. It is extremely dangerous for the people to lose this data, or risk manipulation by those with political interests. There are so many things that can go seriously wrong. I hope that the hospitals continue to send their data to the CDC, at the very least to ensure continued credibility.

What's the word on the street? Is the country rolling over?
The medical establishment is up in arms. The people on the street have likely not noticed and if they have, they likely do not understand the true implications. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa