Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #69

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens
Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children MIS-c and Covid[/URL}

[URL='https://www.websleuths.com/forums/threads/ws-members-loved-ones-who-have-coronavirus-and-testing.514116/']WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59
Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 Thread #66 Thread #67 Thread #68[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT

Hey everyone,

Politicizing is not allowed. We realize it's difficult to separate Covid from politics in this discussion, but ...

If you are going to post about 1 or 1 million people attending a rally, a church event, etc, put on by God knows who, make sure your post indicates how the content of that post relates to Covid19 and isn't just about politics or political figures.

From Tricia's post at the beginning of each of these threads:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.

This post lands at random.

Address the post and NOT the poster.

Snarky, rude and personalizing posts that disrespect or denigrate another member get removed and may result in a permanent Thread Reply Ban or a board Time Out.

Politics, racial tensions, dismantling of statues, and protests are off limits.

If members wish to mention protests as they relate to the potential for spreading of the virus, that's fine, but otherwise it is off limits.

It is a violation of TOS to post off topic. Political and other off topic posts have been removed and serious TOs are being issued for those who derail the thread with such posts.

WS does not have a staff of hundreds to deal with all the Reports of TOS violations, not to mention it is very discourteous to members and guests who come here to read about the virus.

Stay on topic or there will be a loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

10ofRods is a Verified medical anthropologist and as such they are not required to provide links to information that is within the area of their expertise.

The Covid19 forum was set up by Tricia for those who take this virus seriously and are concerned about its effects on them and their loved ones. If you aren't concerned about Covid then please don't post here with a view to downplaying or minimizing the threat and making others feel that their concerns are not warranted.

If Covid does not concern you, this thread is not for you.

Admin Reminder:

ALL images require a link to the source or the post will be removed. (It must be an actual clickable link for other members to access directly, not just saying where it came from or having the source show on the page.)

Random links or random videos are not allowed and will be removed. If you aren't sure, please check with a Mod or Admin by sending a private message to ask.

Thanks.

At least 31 percent of children tested in Florida are positive for COVID-19: report

“Nearly one-third of every child tested for the coronavirus in Florida are positive for the virus, according to a report on Friday.

Palm Beach County’s health department director, Dr. Alina Alonso, warned county commissioners Tuesday about the potential long term health consequences for children who catch COVID-19. She said the virus could cause lifelong damage even for children with mild illnesses.

“They are seeing there is damage to the lungs in these asymptomatic children. ... We don’t know how that is going to manifest a year from now or two years from now,” Alonso said, according to the Sun-Sentinel. “Is that child going to have chronic pulmonary problems or not?””

[...]

“Still, the AAP and three other groups on Friday wrote: "We should leave it to health experts to tell us when the time is best to open up school buildings."”

“Walt Disney World is set to reopen Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios Wednesday, following the reopening of two of its other theme parks over the weekend. Across the globe, Hong Kong Disneyland will close its gates again Wednesday after 52 new coronavirus cases were detected in China. Disney says Hong Kong’s park closure will not impact other theme park operations.”

Florida reports more than 130 new coronavirus-related deaths, setting new record

—-

BBM:

“Disney outlined its extensive COVID-19 safety protocols, which include limited capacity, physical distancing, temperature checks, face masks, hand-washing and hand-sanitizing (at more than 4,000 newly installed stations), plexiglass partitions and increased cleaning and disinfecting at the park.

About every 10 minutes there is a parkwide Health and Safety announcement. Reminding guests to distance, wear their mask and more. #DisneyWorld#MagicKingdompic.twitter.com/PPxBgTXWHf

— ThrillGeek (@thrillgeek) July 11, 2020

While the tactics are commendable, Yahoo Life medical contributor Dr. Dara Kass says they’re not enough to justify reopening. “Disney is doing everything it can to keep people safe in so far as mandating mask-wearing, hands-sanitizing, mobile-ordering and partitions. These are all smart solutions for local businesses,” says Kass. “But this is not a local business and so they're providing an attractive nuisance for people to come to a highly infective state.””

As out-of-state visitors flock to Disney World, experts worry it will cause coronavirus to 'spread like a cancer'

I should think that the medical experts at ground zero know what their capacity is and what they need. They are clearly concerned about the situation which is why they have made formal requests to FEMA.

As Margarita25 has already posted, there are a lot of articles coming out now detailing how close to capacity some counties are already getting.

Some examples:

Fox6News

Refrigerated trucks requested in Arizona, Texas as morgues reach capacity amid COVID-19 surge

Some Arizona and Texas counties are running out of space in their morgues and have put out calls for refrigerated trucks in which to store bodies and help take some pressure off of local medical examiners’ offices.

KrisTV 6 News

COVID-19 spike overwhelms medical examiner's office

Nueces Co. Judge Barbara Canales told KRIS 6 News because of the unexpected spike in novel coronavirus-related deaths, room is running out at the medical examiner’s office.

Texas Tribune

As Texas morgues fill up, refrigerator trucks are on the way in several counties

Hidalgo County also said on Friday that they will share a refrigerated FEMA trailer with neighboring Cameron County.

“I’m going to let them take this one, because they are in dire need," Ricardo Saldaña, Hidalgo County emergency management coordinator, said.

I think they are looking at the data and seeing worrying numbers. It's a good thing they're putting the call-out and trying to anticipate how bad it could get. I'm especially heartened by the counties that are working together to share the possible overflow.

I should think that the medical experts at ground zero know what their capacity is and what they need. They are clearly concerned about the situation which is why they have made formal requests to FEMA.

As Margarita25 has already posted, there are a lot of articles coming out now detailing how close to capacity some counties are already getting.

Some examples:

Fox6News

Refrigerated trucks requested in Arizona, Texas as morgues reach capacity amid COVID-19 surge

KrisTV 6 News

COVID-19 spike overwhelms medical examiner's office

Texas Tribune

As Texas morgues fill up, refrigerator trucks are on the way in several counties

I think they are looking at the data and seeing worrying numbers. It's a good thing they're putting the call-out and trying to anticipate how bad it could get. I'm especially heartened by the counties that are working together to share the possible overflow.
I agree and hope they are not needed.

Yes I think it is surge capacity and I edited my post when I saw other posters had copy and pasted. The problem comes when they show photos of NY using and loading up bodies into a refrigerated unit with an article that is clearly just preparing for future surges. FEMA and the states are just doing their job by being prepared. It is similar to UK preparing for ice rinks to be used, yet thankfully not needing them. Let's hope it is the same for these states and they are rarely used like the hospital ships in NY and CA and temporary hospitals we prepared in the UK. Is the hospital ship still in LA, I wonder?

MOO.
Dangit I’m going to be tired at work tomorrow.

Tresir I do know the $17 million dollar pop up Covid hospital in Houston was closed down without ever being used.

From all of the links provided about Texas morgue trucks, I see the same quotes used from the same few counties.

The Texas Tribune reported that Nueces County, which includes Corpus Christi, has requested a refrigerated morgue trailer to accommodate a surge in deaths. (Nueces County has had 27 deaths. They ordered a truck but sent it back.) The picture of the lone truck never used and sent back is in several articles. This seems to be the same quote used throughout all articles.

Travis County is also in the process of procuring a similar trailer, and Cameron County bought a 53-foot refrigerated trailer in preparation for a surge. Just being prepared, not stacking up bodies.

This is what I see posted in all Houston and Texas related articles.

Harris County to close $17M medical shelter at NRG without using it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members