TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #6

Any new info on the drone search? Has it been scheduled?

Satellite photo shows 'disturbed soil' in Chad Daybell's yard 'the day Tylee Ryan was buried' | Daily Mail Online

"The photo was taken on September 9, 2019, by a passing Pléiades 1 satellite, which captures detailed pictures of the Earth for scientific and research purposes."

Maybe you could find a way to get photos from this site for the date Brandon went missing. Apparently it is available from past years. I am not technically smart when it comes to these things, but I'm sure there are lots of people who know how!
Just an idea!

Satellite photo shows 'disturbed soil' in Chad Daybell's yard 'the day Tylee Ryan was buried' | Daily Mail Online

"The photo was taken on September 9, 2019, by a passing Pléiades 1 satellite, which captures detailed pictures of the Earth for scientific and research purposes."

Maybe you could find a way to get photos from this site for the date Brandon went missing. Apparently it is available from past years. I am not technically smart when it comes to these things, but I'm sure there are lots of people who know how!
Just an idea!
I will def look into it

Good idea sharing the footage. I know I’m always checking Google Earth and the satellite images of the area... no luck yet but I certainly could have missed something.

If you aren't following the Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell case, these satellite images were obtained within a couple of hours from when Tylee went missing. They also narrowed it down to the location of the suspects phone to within 10 feet or so of the burial site. Some of the most detailed data I have seen in a case in a long time.

Maybe it will help find other missing people....

I am still fairly new to this site and a bit unclear as to when the use of initials, as opposed to names, is required. I am not asserting that any individual named in the following write-up is a suspect or POI. The following write-up uses only publicly available information. I do not claim personal knowledge of the case and have not spoken to the individuals involved. Each assertion or claim is cited. I do not go into theories but would be happy to discuss those if there is interest. I simply wished to gather the known facts into one location and allow others to easily access each piece of information. During my research, I discovered that many accounts present part of the picture; no one account includes the entirety of the information below. I have tried to explicitly identify contradictions between accounts, where they exist. With respect to citation, CP is the Charley Project, MBL.com is missingbrandonlawson.com, and OE is the website of The Observer/Enterprise. I hope you find this summary useful.

Lawson is the father of four children, three with his longtime girlfriend, Ladessa Lofton, and one from a prior relationship. [CP]. Elsewhere, Lofton is described as Lawson’s common law wife. [MBL.com]. Lawson and Lofton, high school sweethearts, had been together for 10 years. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. At the time of his disappearance, Lawson was working in the oil industry. [CP]. Just before Lawson’s disappearance, he cashed in his 401k with Renegade Oil Services (elsewhere identified as Renegade Well Services. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson Morbidology]. Lofton is unsure whether Lawson ever received this money but states he did not withdraw his last paycheck from Renegade, which was direct-deposited into his account. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. According to his father, Brad Lawson, Lawson had plans to start a new job soon, with more money and better benefits. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson].

In an interview with the Crawlspace podcast, Lawson’s brother Kyle stated that two days before his disappearance, Lawson called Kyle to ask for some dope, or methamphetamine. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Lawson had passed the drug test for his new job and wanted to get high. [Id.]. Kyle stated that Lawson would take meth occasionally and had OD’d once, which changed his brain chemistry, making him more susceptible to the effects of meth. [Id.]. Still, Kyle maintained that Lawson wouldn’t hallucinate and wasn’t paranoid when taking drugs. [Id.].

According to Kyle, Lawson had been clean for at least six months, and Kyle tried to dissuade him from using. [Id.]. When Lawson assured him that he was only going to take a little bit, Kyle told him to go to a coworker named Chris. [Id.]. Lawson picked up Chris, who took him to obtain the drugs from an unknown source. [Id.]. Although they were supposed to meet up that night, Lawson stood Kyle up. [Id.]. The next day, August 8, 2013, the date of Lawson’s disappearance, Kyle learned that Lawson had visited some friends in Fort Worth and was headed back to San Angelo. [Id.]. While driving, Lawson called Kyle and said Lofton “better not have touched none of [my]. stuff.” [Id.]. Kyle went to Lofton’s to check on her and called Lawson to let him know she had not and was only cleaning their house. [Id.]. Kyle let Lawson speak to Lofton on his phone, and the two began arguing. [Id.].

Later that day, Lawson returned home and got into another argument with Lofton concerning Lawson’s recent drug relapse and absence. [CP; The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Text messages between Lawson and Kyle indicate that the fight was severe. [Id.]. Lawson was allegedly in “panic mode” and a “confused state of mind” during the argument. [https://medium.com/the-true-crime-t...what-happened-to-brandon-lawson-dd1f199cc903; True Noir]. Lofton stated that the couple were stressed because Lawson was working 60-95 hours a week and caring for their three kids, including an infant, was difficult. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson Theorem Factory]. Moreover, at the time of the fight, one of the children was sick with an ear infection. [https://medium.com/the-true-crime-t...what-happened-to-brandon-lawson-dd1f199cc903; Theorem Factory]. Lofton became “infuriated,” and Lawson left their home at approximately 11:54 p.m., headed towards his father’s house in Crowley, Texas, roughly three to four hours from San Angelo. [CP; MBL.com; The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Lawson called his father either before leaving or while en route. [MBL.com]. At least one account states that Lawson’s father told him not to come to Crowley and to try to work things out with Lofton. [Theorem Factory]. Another maintains that his father agreed he could come [Texas Man Receives Cryptic Call From His Brother And Discovers A Night He’ll Never Forget]. Lofton has stated that Lawson did not take drugs on the night of August 8, 2013. [Theorem Factory]. However, it is reported elsewhere that on the Missing Maura Murray podcast, she claimed the argument started because she believed Lawson was on drugs and told him to get out of the house. [Here’s Everything You Need To Know About The Disappearance Of Brandon Lawson].

Lofton, worried about Lawson’s state of mind, called him and asked that he not go all the way to Crowley; she suggested instead that he drive around to cool off or head to Kyle’s house to spend the night. [https://medium.com/the-true-crime-t...what-happened-to-brandon-lawson-dd1f199cc903; Theorem Factory]. Following their conversation, Lawson seemingly changed direction and began driving north on U.S. 277 towards Abilene, though it is possible he was taking a more circuitous route to his father’s. [Murder, Meth, or an Innocent Mishap: What Happened to Brandon Lawson?]. A more direct route would have placed him on Highway 67. [Theorem Factory]. Kyle believes Lawson was still headed to their parents’ house. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. An article on Medium suggests Lawson was aware he was running low on gas and was trying to reach Stripes Convenience Store when he ran out of gas. [Murder, Meth, or an Innocent Mishap: What Happened to Brandon Lawson?].

According to the Medium article, Lofton, concerned about Lawson’s well-being after their fight, next called Kyle. [Murder, Meth, or an Innocent Mishap: What Happened to Brandon Lawson?]. Kyle and his girlfriend, Audrey, offered to come over and arrived at Lofton’s house at approximately 12:10 a.m. [Id.]. Kyle’s interview with Crawlspace contradicts this account. Kyle stated this mother called and told him to go to Lawson’s because he was “flipping out.” [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. When Kyle arrived at the house, Lawson had already left. [Id.]. Lofton told him that Lawson had been “tripping” and “flipping out.” [Id.]. In the interview, Kyle noted that he had spoken with Lawson by phone while driving to Lofton’s house. [Id.].

During this conversation, which is reported to have taken place around 12:30 a.m. (conflicting with the claim that it occurred before Kyle arrived at Lofton's house at 12:10) Lawson, using an expletive, told Kyle that “the Mexicans in the neighborhood” were “chasing [him]. out of town.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. In his Crawlspace interview, Kyle stated that Lawson told him it was Lofton who had ordered the Mexicans to chase him but explains that neither knew any Mexicans in their neighborhood. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. An unfounded rumor variously attributed to Kyle or comments made on a Facebook page for Lawson’s disappearance claims that prior to his disappearance Lawson had been confronted by individuals, perhaps Mexican, in a Walmart parking lot. [The Unresolved Disappearance of Brandon Lawson : UnresolvedMysteries Can someone confirm this? : brandonlawson Massive update on Brandon Lawson case : UnresolvedMysteries]. When Kyle asked if Lawson was tripping, Lawson denied that it was all in his head. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Kyle concedes that his brother was high but says that would not have made a difference. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Lawson told Kyle that a state trooper had pulled one of them over but there were still two chasing him. [Id.]. He then hung up on Kyle. [Id.]. Lawson soon called Kyle back and told him that he’d run out of gas on U.S. 277 near Bronte [pronounced Brawnt], Texas, and needed Kyle to bring him gas. [CP; MBL.com; https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle].

A deputy with the Coke County Sheriff’s Office has said that the area where Lawson stalled is infrequently traveled and “a person could probably lie down in the middle of the road and not worry about being run over.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Kyle stated that the area around the truck was largely empty and open with sparse bull nettle, brush, and cacti. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. The deputy also noted that at the time Lawson disappeared, the area was going through a bad drought, with the Colorado River only knee high at its deepest points. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The night that Lawson disappeared, the low was 78 degrees Fahrenheit; however, the temperature rose to a high of 102 the next day. [Theorem Factory]. Lawson’s truck was approximately a quarter mile from a rest stop consisting of a few picnic tables. [Theorem Factory; True Noir].

Kyle and Audrey phoned Lofton and notified her that Lawson had run out of gas. [MBL.com]. Kyle asked to borrow Lofton’s gas can, and Lofton said she would leave the can on the porch, as she was about to shower and head to bed. [Id.]. As Kyle was waiting on a check to clear, he could not afford to fill the can at that time. [Id.]. Instead, he intended to pick up Lawson and drive him to Stripes Convenient Mart, where Lawson could pay for the gas. [Id.]. Kyle would then return Lawson to his truck and return home with his girlfriend. [Id.]. An article on GoSanAngelo.com refers to Audrey as Kyle’s “wife-at-the-time” and asserts Kyle and Audrey were accompanied by their 4-year-old son. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson].

As Kyle was bringing Lawson the gas can, Lawson continued to call but “wouldn’t have a full conversation with him, more or less saying a sentence or two before hanging up.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. The nature of the disconnections is unclear; while Kyle stated that Lawson was hanging up on him, other accounts have attributed the calls’ suddenly ending to spotty cell service. [Theorem Factory]. Kyle stated that during these calls it was obvious Lawson was running and out of breath. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Audrey answered one of the calls, and Lawson asked where they were before stating that he was bleeding and hanging up. [Id.]. Kyle has stated that he believes Lawson may have meant that he tripped on a rock. [Id.]. Lawson called back and asked Kyle where they were; Kyle responded that he was pulling up, and Lawson once more hung up. [Id.]. According to Medium and the Theorem Factory blog, Lawson also told Kyle that he was “10 minutes up the road.” [https://medium.com/the-true-crime-t...what-happened-to-brandon-lawson-dd1f199cc903; Theorem Factory]. Lawson’s phone records show that from 12:51 a.m. to 1:15 a.m., a large number of calls were made between Lawson, his neighbor, and Kyle. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Lawson also called Lofton, but after their fight she had put her phone in her car to charge and did not answer. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson].

Around the time of these calls, at 12:50 a.m., Lawson called 911 to report he was stranded. [CP; The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The 911 dispatcher did not obtain Lawson’s name or location [Theorem Factory]. While a recording of the call exists, it is “garbled” and “difficult to understand.” [CP]. Lofton discovered the call three days after Lawson’s disappearance, while reviewing cell phones records provided by Verizon to law enforcement. [MBL.com; Murder, Meth, or an Innocent Mishap: What Happened to Brandon Lawson?]. There has been speculation that the recording of the call provided by Lofton [MBL.com] is incomplete or partial. [Reddit; YouTube; Theorem Factory]. According to Theorem Factory, this theory was investigated by the True Crime Garage podcast, which found no evidence of tampering [Theorem Factory]. Lawson can clearly be heard stating that he is the middle of a field. [YouTube; Reddit]. There is significant disagreement regarding his next remark: some understand him to say a State Trooper, or “Staper,” is “pulling,” or “pushing” guys over. [YouTube]. The Theorem Factory blog states that there is no record of a law enforcement officer being in the area that night prior to Lawson’s call to 911. [Theorem Factory]. Others believe he says “sniper.” [MBL.com]. A third interpretation holds that he references “road hogs,” or bikers, and a fourth, wild boars. [Theorem Factory; Wild Hogs? : brandonlawson]. Still others contend Lawson is requesting that the dispatcher “send some guys over.” [YouTube]. Lawson next states that his car ran out of gas. [YouTube; Reddit]. He also seemingly states he was chased into the woods and asks the 911 dispatcher to “please hurry.” [YouTube; Reddit]. The phrases “talking to him” and “I . . . ran into him” may also be heard. [YouTube; Reddit]. The dispatcher asks Lawson if he needs an ambulance. [YouTube; Reddit]. Lawson, or another person [YouTube; MBL.com], initially responds “yeah,” before Lawson states, “No, I need the cops.” [YouTube; Reddit]. Some listeners maintain that Lawson was with at least one other individual when making the call. [YouTube; Reddit; MBL.com]. The dispatcher asks if anybody is hurt, but it is unclear whether Lawson speaks again in the recording. [YouTube; Reddit]. The dispatcher proceeds to ask “Hello?” three times. [YouTube; Reddit]. Some listeners are convinced that the conversation is punctuated by gunshots. [
MBL.com]. Others hear the sound of cars passing. [MBL.com]. Kyle has said that the sounds are not gunshots but vehicles passing over the seams of the bridge on the Colorado River. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. At least one listener believes Lawson states “I’ve got cuts” and “They just shot the first guy!” [
]. Some listeners think Lawson may be heard whispering “help me” at the end of the recording. [MBL.com]. Some accounts claim that Coke County Sheriff Wayne McCutchen was sent to the scene following the 911 call. [Morbidology; Texas Man Receives Cryptic Call From His Brother And Discovers A Night He’ll Never Forget]. It is unclear, however, why he never arrived.

A second 911 call was made by a passing trucker, warning that Lawson’s truck was parked haphazardly on the side of the road, posing a danger to passing motorists. [MBL.com]. At approximately 1:10 a.m., 30 minutes after Lawson called 911, Kyle and Audrey arrived at Lawson’s truck. [MBL.com]. A sheriff’s deputy, Brandon Neal, arrived around the same time. [CP; MBL.com]. The truck was parked crookedly four and a half miles south of Bronte, not far from a rest stop. [CP]. The gas tank was empty; the vehicle was undamaged and unlocked, with one of its windows rolled down; and Lawson, his keys, and cell phone were missing. [Id.]. At this time, neither Kyle nor the deputy were aware of Lawson’s call to 911. [MBL.com; [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. According to the True Noir blog, Deputy Neal did not run the truck’s plates. [True Noir].

While at the truck, Kyle spoke with Lawson by phone at least once. [CP; MBL.com; The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. It is unclear whether Kyle called Lawson [CP] or vice versa. [MBL.com]. According to Kyle in his Crawlspace interview, as he was approaching the truck, Lawson called him. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Unlike the previous calls, Kyle said that this time Lawson appeared to be standing still somewhere. [Id.]. Kyle asked where he was and Lawson replied, “I’m right here where I said.” [Id.]. Elsewhere, it is reported that Lawson said, “I can see you; I’m right here.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Another account claims that Lawson told Kyle at this time that he was “in a/the field” [MBL.com]. When the deputy’s squad car arrived, Lawson told Kyle, “One time, run!” [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Kyle explained that “one time” is code for a law enforcement officer. [Id.]. When Kyle told him that he wasn’t going to run, as he had done nothing wrong, Lawson responded, “Where is your pride, *advertiser censored*?” and hung up. [Id.].

There was poor reception on the call, and Lawson was difficult to understand. [MBL.com]. Audrey has stated that Lawson was “incoherent” during the call. [Id.]. As Lawson had recently learned that he had a two-year-old outstanding warrant from Johnson County for possession with intent to deliver [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson], which he intended to address the following week, Kyle assumed he was possibly hiding from the deputy. [MBL.com]. Lawson had previously served time in jail for a separate offense. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Kyle has stated that Lawson had been to prison three times for a drug offense and probation violations. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Consequently, Kyle did not inform the deputy of the call at the truck or its contents. [MBL.com]. Kyle later said that at the time he did not believe Lawson was in any danger. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Kyle stated that he asked the deputy if he could drive the highway to look for Lawson. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. According to Kyle, the deputy agreed but told him there was no need to search to the north of the truck, as he had come from that direction. [Id.; Theorem Factory].

At 1:18 a.m., Audrey texted Lawson to say “a cop is at your truck,” likely as a warning. [MBL.com]. At 1:19 a.m., all calls made to Lawson’s phone begin going straight to voicemail. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Kyle allegedly reported that the phone was turned off or died around 3:30 a.m. [True Noir]. Deputy Neal turned on the truck’s hazard lights, locked it, and arranged for it to be towed the following morning. [MBL.com]. He then reportedly drove up and down the highway searching for Lawson. [Id.]. Kyle and Audrey left the empty gas can in the truck’s bed for Lawson. [Id.]. They then parked up the road a bit to see if Lawson would return to his truck once the deputy left. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. They waited for 30 to 45 minutes but left because their son was hungry and crying. [Id.].

Kyle, in the Crawlspace interview, stated that when he and Audrey left, they went to his bank to get gas money, filled their own vehicle with gas, and stopped to get food for their son. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. Kyle then picked up Chris and they returned to the truck around 5.a.m. to look for Lawson. [Id.; The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. They again drove the highway, this time calling out loud for Lawson. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. The three then went to a nearby gas station and purchased $5 of gas to fill the can. [Id.]. When they returned to the truck, Kyle placed the gas can in the bed and yelled, “There’s gas in your truck. Bro, the laws are gone. Get it, get in it, and go!” [Id.]. They drove up and down the highway once more for about an hour. [Id.]. At approximately 4:30 a.m., Lofton retrieved her phone and saw the missed calls; she attempted to call Lawson, but the call went straight to voicemail. [Theorem Factory]. She then spoke with Kyle, who explained the situation. [Id.]. After speaking with Kyle, Lofton called the police, who explained that they had not located Lawson. [[Id.; True Noir].

Around 8 to 9 a.m., Coke County towed the truck. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. On August 10, 2013, Deputy Neal checked the area with a thermal imaging camera but did not register a human-sized heat signature. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. On August 11, 2013, a small private search team conducted a four-hour search. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. According to a report made by Deputy Neal, there were signs that someone may have sat under a tree near the roadway within eyesight of where Lawson’s truck broke down.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The basis for this conclusion is unclear.

On August 13, 2013, Lofton filed a missing persons report with the Coke County Sheriff’s Office. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The Texas Rangers conducted a helicopter search over the area from the Colorado River south and along both sides of U.S. 277, but it was determined that Lawson was not on the ground. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Citing Kyle’s initial belief that Lawson was hiding, the absence of evidence of foul play around the truck, and the severity of Lawson’s fight with Lofton, Texas Ranger Nick Hanna reported that Lawson was no longer in Coke County and had likely hitched a ride with a passing motorist. [Id.]. According to Lofton, Hanna has since told her that he believes Lawson’s body is somewhere out there in the land near U.S. 277. [Id.]. Lofton hired a private search plane to look for Lawson in the area. [Theorem Factory].

Kyle was questioned by Ranger Hanna, Sheriff McCutchen, and an investigator from Johnson County. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. He took multiple polygraphs and, according to Kyle, “passed the [question] on harming.” [Id.]. In his Crawlspace interview, Kyle stated that the first test, which he passed, was about whether he gave Lawson a ride that night, dropped him off, or came into contact with him after the last time he had said. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. He stated that the second test, which he also passed, involved questions suggesting he had harmed Lawson. [Id.]. It is also reported that Kyle stated that investigators told him the first polygraph was faulty because he coughed a few times during it. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson].

There has been no activity on Lawson’s bank or cell phone records since his disappearance. [MBL.com]. Kyle has stated that Lawson’s truck was never searched and has since been resold. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle]. A search of the area surrounding the truck was conducted by Texas Search and Rescue, using cadaver dogs, on October 24, 2013. [MBL.com; Theorem Factory]. An earlier aerial search on August 16, 2013 was also conducted by the Coke County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with DPS and the Texas Rangers, and utilized drones with infrared sensors. [MBL.com; Theorem Factory]. Neither search was successful. [MBL.com]. Lofton has stated that following the second search, a cell tower approximately 3 miles from the truck pinged Lawson’s cell phone. [Id.]. The area where the phone pinged has not been searched. [Id.]. According to a woman claiming to be Brenda Paradise, a private investigator, the cell phone data was “leaked” to Lofton by dispatch personnel. [Help Find Brandon Lawson]. She alleges that the phone last pinged in a location different than originally thought, but still within walking distance of the truck. [Id.]. She states that the exact latitude and longitude of the ping were not given and that the phone never pinged at a Wal-Mart. [Id.].

Another lead that Kyle alleges has not been pursued involves a letter found on a laptop sold to a woman in San Angelo purporting to describe how Lawson was murdered by a man he ran into. [https://player.fm/series/crawlspace-true-crime-mysteries/brandon-lawsons-brother-kyle].

As of August 2019, Lofton had hired two private investigators, including, most recently, Paula Boudreaux. [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. Boudreaux has conducted four searches using search dogs. [Id.]. She says some landowners won’t allow her or Lawson’s family on their land, but she has been told the Rangers and Sheriff’s Office have cleared those areas. [Id.]. She has also conducted searches by helicopter over that land, using binoculars to look for Lawson. [Id.]. Boudreaux has plans to use drones and has requested assistance from Texas Equusearch. [Id.].

The website missingbrandonlawson.com, managed by LostNMissing, Inc., claims that coverage of the disappearance by the Observer Enterprise, owned by Sheriff McCutchen and his wife, has been biased and misleading. [MBL.com]. Melissa McCutchen is listed as the paper’s publisher on its website. [OE]. This claim of disparaging coverage is also reported in the Theorem Factory and True Noir blogs. [Theorem Factory; True Noir].

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @lawyer_sleuth for compiling all of that!!! It’s very convenient having it all summarized and in one place.

I listened to the podcast interview with Kyle when it first came out, and forgive me as it’s been awhile and my memory isn’t the greatest, but I remember at the time that something about it didn’t sit well with me. I’d have to listen to it again.

I don’t remember reading this before now, but I’m curious about it now:

According to a report made by Deputy Neal, there were signs that someone may have sat under a tree near the roadway within eyesight of where Lawson’s truck broke down.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The basis for this conclusion is unclear.

Thank you @lawyer_sleuth for compiling all of that!!! It’s very convenient having it all summarized and in one place.

I listened to the podcast interview with Kyle when it first came out, and forgive me as it’s been awhile and my memory isn’t the greatest, but I remember at the time that something about it didn’t sit well with me. I’d have to listen to it again.

I don’t remember reading this before now, but I’m curious about it now:

According to a report made by Deputy Neal, there were signs that someone may have sat under a tree near the roadway within eyesight of where Lawson’s truck broke down.” [The mystery around the disappearance of Brandon Lawson]. The basis for this conclusion is unclear.
I can answer this question. When we interviewed Deputy Neal last year he indicated that he himself didnt see this spot but one of the other searchers mentioned it to him. He said that it was possible this is where Brandon sat down but it was also possible this spot was from an animal sitting down as well there are cows and such on the property and they do come close to the fence quite frequently.

I can answer this question. When we interviewed Deputy Neal last year he indicated that he himself didnt see this spot but one of the other searchers mentioned it to him. He said that it was possible this is where Brandon sat down but it was also possible this spot was from an animal sitting down as well there are cows and such on the property and they do come close to the fence quite frequently.
Thank you! That’s what came to mind, but I wasn’t sure if maybe they’d found something else, blood, personal item, something to that effect. Thanks for clearing that up!

MadMcGoo, I had the same feeling when I listened to that podcast interview with Kyle. I am not suspecting Kyle of anything except trying to protect his brother, but there are things he said which don't ring true to my common sense. I am going to have to find time to go back and listen to it again!

I have driven this road a thousand times. Born and raised in Abilene with family in San Angelo, I feel very close to Brandon's case. I am not sure if Kyle just might have been confused about some things, but for the most part I find his story credible. Some of the facts are not what they were when the story first broke, but I would have to go back and do some research. As you said....as I listened some things did not ring true to me either.

I still think he is deceased and possibly as a result of a drug deal gone wrong out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully Brandon's body will be found someday.

MadMcGoo, I had the same feeling when I listened to that podcast interview with Kyle. I am not suspecting Kyle of anything except trying to protect his brother, but there are things he said which don't ring true to my common sense. I am going to have to find time to go back and listen to it again!

I have driven this road a thousand times. Born and raised in Abilene with family in San Angelo, I feel very close to Brandon's case. I am not sure if Kyle just might have been confused about some things, but for the most part I find his story credible. Some of the facts are not what they were when the story first broke, but I would have to go back and do some research. As you said....as I listened some things did not ring true to me either.

I still think he is deceased and possibly as a result of a drug deal gone wrong out in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully Brandon's body will be found someday.
I think we have similar feelings when it comes to the interview. I’d like to listen to it again...as a refresher.

I don’t live far from San Angelo and I’ve always felt close to the case too. I think about Brandon often and like you, I hope he will be found someday. I don’t think he’s too awfully far from where he was last seen.

Maybe that is why we both feel like something is off. If you have ever driven that road, you know what I am talking about. I will try to listen again and pay better attention.

One thing that comes to mind is the comment about not knowing any "Mexicans" in his neighborhood. His neighborhood is almost all Hispanics.......In fact, San Angelo has a very large Hispanic population so I found that odd.

Second, who has to go all the way back to San Angelo to get their child something to eat at like 3AM??? Shouldn't that child have been sound asleep in a car seat or something? Stripes had food and an ATM...why go all the way back to San Angelo for food and money then return to Bronte to get gas in the can. Why go in the first place if you don't have money for gas?

I am not so sure he is close by. I think there is a very good likelihood he was taken from the area and killed somewhere else. I am 100% convinced I hear a second voice on the 911 call.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back